PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 29-30

lonewolfazn
Thu, 09-27-2007, 09:59 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/45
is this for real?:confused:

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Sounds like a troll to me regardless of their last sentence. What the hell's Pitagora Switch? Checked anidb with no luck same with ANN. The release dates on anidb say that this weeks release was a double episode release (29 and 30) with 31 released on the 4th, 32 on the 11th, etc.

Either it's a lame try at a troll, quote they said "Naruto Shippuuden will not air again until 10/18/2007 as stated in this weeks episode", even though it's 2 episodeS or something happened to push these things back so far.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Not believing a word they say until the first half of the news proves to be true: no DB release today. Then there might be some truth in the rest of the news.

But then again, they backed their ass with "unestimated delay"...=no delay??

itadakimasu
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:52 PM
ah.. pythagorus switch....

Animus, this was the same as one of my first DB trolls. they were like.... we must have 50,000 dls of pythagorus switch in order to dl this weeks bleach! it is some japanese show that involves a kinda.... domino effect setup? dunno if thats the best way to describe it but.. yeah.

anyhow... thread needs to be named shippuuden 29 and where the hell is the ep!?

i found a double ep, 29-30 on mininova but it is a raw and only 98mb, rmb format i think... im just going to wait for the first sub group since its so late anyhow.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:00 AM
Im guessing the pitagora switch tv show stole thier ideas from Rube Goldberg. Theres plenty of exampes of pitagoa switch on youtube and they dont particularly need any translation whatsoever. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg

Ulath
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:04 AM
according to TV.com naruto ep 31 wont be aired till the 18th as you can see here (http://www.tv.com/naruto/show/18558/episode_listings.html?season=11&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;10) but i can't say for sure if this is true as they have been wrong in the past but most of the time they are correct

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 09-28-2007, 06:59 AM
according to TV.com naruto ep 31 wont be aired till the 18th as you can see here (http://www.tv.com/naruto/show/18558/episode_listings.html?season=11&tag=season_dropdown;dropdown;10) but i can't say for sure if this is true as they have been wrong in the past but most of the time they are correct

Yeah you are talking about 31 but 29-30 should be aired 27-09-07 at 7:59 PM as been stated in ep 28. So it should be out by now. I think DB were just too lazy to sub it right away.

Ulath
Fri, 09-28-2007, 07:13 AM
yeah i know i was just mentioned that ep 31 will be out on th 18th as someone said that they found that it was going to be on the 4th, this would mean that db is at least telling the truth about the last part of their comment so they maybe telling the truth about the whole thing but i really hope that it is just a troll

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-28-2007, 08:46 AM
What's interesting is that DB's not the only one who hasn't released this week's episode. Haven't found a single one out there yet. This fact backs DB's statement, that maybe "this issue isn't under the control of Dattebayo"

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
It seems the 'available' raws are super cheap quality and all fansubbers are waiting for a better one. Probably on another channel re-air.

And yes people, no ep for 2 weeks after this. No ep till October 18.

Janusz
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, there hasn't been a single decent-quality raw, but what could be the reason for that? It seems positively weird that there isn't one. I thougth there were multiple groups releasing raw's.
As for re-airing, I don't know if there even is a re-airing of Naruto?

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:23 AM
DB:
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns029-030.torrent

Janusz
Fri, 09-28-2007, 12:25 PM
No. No. Noooo! More clone fights! First four minutes are just a crappy recap of the previous episode's worst part. Why on earth did they include that crap in this episode :mad:

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes, there hasn't been a single decent-quality raw, but what could be the reason for that? It seems positively weird that there isn't one. I thougth there were multiple groups releasing raw's.
As for re-airing, I don't know if there even is a re-airing of Naruto?

Tv Tokyo
BS Japan
Webtsc (テレビせとうち)
Tss-Tv (テレビ新広島)

All of the above air Naruto. Thus... 4 first-airs.

I believe we normally get a raw from Tv-Tokyo.

Janusz
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Tv Tokyo
BS Japan
Webtsc (テレビせとうち)
Tss-Tv (テレビ新広島)

All of the above air Naruto. Thus... 4 first-airs.

I believe we normally get a raw from Tv-Tokyo.

Seriously? I had no idea.

Anyway, this ep sucked. It's safe to say we've reached a new all-time low. This could and should have been amazing, but instead it was totally ruined. The scene were Naruto got his tail was just so incredibly slow, there was no sense of urgency at all, lol @ Kakashi remembering Jiraiya told him to put the tag on when there is only one tail, and then waiting until there are two or three, lol @ Kakashi saying he has to be extremely careful getting close to Naruto and then leisurly walking to him to put the supress-tag on. Also the animation (or better: lack thereoff) was awful, especially in the second half were I sometimes had the feeling I was looking at a slide-show instead of an animation.

You can safely skip the first 8 minutes btw, as they're all recap.

Idealistic
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:33 PM
C'mon! It's been 3 years and Naruto still needs a Kage Bunshin to do his Rasengan?!

WTF. Kakashi just told them "watch out he's a long range fighter." Instead of closing in on him right as he's chewing his clay up, why the hell do they stand back and watch? Also, when will ten-ten land a freakin hit? With all that specialization you'd hope she have a skill that focuses her chakra into the shurikens to make them homing or something.

Kakashi's MS is badass!

The ending was sad though... boo hoo..

Anyways.... It was an ok episode.

animus
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:15 PM
I liked how practically most of the first episode was a zooming in of Kakashi's eye and shitty swirly graphics made in like Photoshop.

/sarcasm off

Did anyone notice how at the beginning of the second episode as the tail was coming out, it looked like an orange fart cloud since it came directly out o fhis ass? The explosion of Deidara looked like shit and was totally anticlimatic. It looked and felt so much more extraodionaire in the manga.

Assertn
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Cmon, that's all you got? I think you guys could try a little harder to find things to bitch about in this ep.

animus
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:33 PM
I could've came up with more, but it's stuff thats already been mentioned.

Kraco
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
During Naruto's "tearful" speech at the end of the episode I couldn't help it but I started to laugh. It's like after exhausting hours of trying to perform some stupid non-vital task time after time yet always failing you can't anymore even be angry but will just give up and laugh at the futility of it all.

Well, Deidara was a true ninja till the very end by blowing himself up and trying to take a few of the enemies with him rather than be captured.

Assertn
Fri, 09-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it was a better fight than Sasori's

BioAlien
Fri, 09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
What the hell is wrong with Gai's face?
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/1739/uglgx6.jpg

animus
Fri, 09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Looks like Neji's receiving a spanking from Tenten in that pic.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Deidara did a Perfect Cell on us.

itadakimasu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:07 PM
ACK! a dbz reference !!! not that i didn't love dbz...

This ep was ok. it was kinda whack that team gai all were teaming up on armless deidara ... did they get so fed up with fighting clones that they all wanted to fight an enemy.. idk. i hope theyu start to progress the story a little faster.

also... no eps in 2 weeks. that is sad news for me :(

Assertn
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I think taking out two akatsuki members is pretty decent progress.

Janusz
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:54 AM
I think taking out two akatsuki members is pretty decent progress.

In 30 eps? Doesn't really sound like progress to me. In the original series, the entire Zabuza arc took like half of that. And in another 30 eps, we had had the Chuunin Examns forest-thingy and the first elimination fights.
And progress is not all about killing your oponents you know, but there has been zero storyline development in Shippuuden so far. All we got was some background information on Deidara (might have been nice, but ultimately it was irrelevant since he died ten minutes later), and finally in this episode the "Demon Fox Cloak". For 30 eps, that's pretty meagre. Again, in the original series... Well, you know what I mean.
It's a real shame they didn't do Kakashi's arc first like they should have, that would have provided some relevant background information.

Lol at everyone who negrepped me for saying this ep sucked, you so got me with that...

AngryGumball
Sat, 09-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Someone plz block my computer from ever downloading another episode of Naruto.

Can we have ABC, CBS, NBC plz do a week 1 cancellation notice. This show is not worthy of primetime anymore.

Remind me not to watch two weeks from now since the previews showed what coulda just been done in this episode. ZOMG dragging out the boring to new heights.

Is Tenten the new Sakura, all talk and bluster but no real hitting ability or ability to stand in and fight anyone. Even when she busts out here great emotional hardhitting attack to defeat het clone those darn kunai barely impacted the body, if your going to skewer someone do it right.

Don't get me wrong I say this because I really really dig the tenten Im just wailing because of her lack of impact as a power player in this series. I want Tenten to be as powerful and shown with representation as Temari is given.

whoever is the head person of Shippuden, plz fire yourself and spread around your salary to hiring some real creative writers and storyboard artists, I mean did we really have to watch Kakashi use the same power 3 times, it was almost like he found the cure to every living disease/ailment on the planet and was it applying it to everyone and everybody, here have a little of this all powerful juju I have discovered it solves every single problem known to afflict everyone.

Stick a fork in my I feel like going for Korean BBQ, more Suck upcoming.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 04:01 AM
Yeah, I gotta say, I, uh, I didn't like it much either.

Kakashi's MS was pretty cool(though I still think its stupid that it looks different, and does something completely different, but we're gonna go ahead and give it the same name as Itachi's eye), but as was said, it took foreeeeeeever for it to do anything. It was just 5 minutes of eyeshot, swirl effect, eyeshot, swirl effect, eyeshot. When it finally took his damn arm off it was awsome.

What can I say but Kyuubi fucking sucked. It wasn't anything we didn't see when he used it to fight Sasuke, in fact it was a whole lot less. Lots of transformation buildup only to have it go away before he even did anything.

Plus, tail emerging from ass+bubbling sound effect=taking a ghostly red dump. I laughed sure, but what a mood killer.

The stuff after the fights was fine. Naruto bitching out the world is always fun.

itadakimasu
Sat, 09-29-2007, 08:18 AM
i just think they should be much further into the story line by now and cant go into detail because i'd be spoiling. at this rate to get to where the manga is currently it will be like 200+ shippuuden eps

BioAlien
Sat, 09-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Someone plz block my computer from ever downloading another episode of Naruto.

Just send a mail to DB asking when the next naruto episode is coming out, they will make sure to ban you from ever downloading Naruto. (And bleach..)

AbstractTheorem
Sat, 09-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I caught a few minutes of this episode because my friend downloaded it...... and from what I saw, plus that awesome screen shot posted above with Guy looking like some sort of weird bird....
....did Studio Perriot take all of their main animators and fill animators that were worth a damn and just put them on movie projects?

The animation quality of Naruto has been declining for awhile... it was never fantastic and had a lot of moments where it just looked terrible, but at least it was still well modern animation.

Recently it seems like they are cutting corners by doing the old school "use frame of animation and move only the mouths" technique, the worst part of which they pick frames like that one above with Team Guy to do this corner cutting with.

The effects for the Mangekyo Sharingan looked like they dropped a series of frames into photoshop and used a frosted glass filter then Distort ---> twirl.

There is nothing wrong with computer generated effects/filters etc... but honestly the end result of what they did felt just thrown together.....and pretty much looked ugly.

redcat
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM
not sure what you see wrong with guy's face in that pic but neji looks like kermit the frog

masamuneehs
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Deidara, Sasori, and Chiyo are the only good things about Shippuuden so far.

Deidara and the 'anticipation' of Kakashi's using MS were the only two elements I found remotely compelling in this episode.

The animation is a sick joke. You know they pull in absurd money off of this show, especially with the marketing of figurines, video games and everything else. Looks like they've decided to just cash in, rather than re-invest it in the show.

How you can make the main character becoming "possessed" by a demon, and releasing absurd power that threatens to kill one of his allies, into a yawner was something that escaped my imagination. Obviously, they somehow managed.

Board of Command
Sat, 09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Nobody has talked about Kakashi's MS in detail yet? Seriously...wtf was that? I thought MS was supposed to be a Genjutsu technique. There was nothing illusionary about what Kakashi did. Deidara really did lose his arm and everybody saw it.

That technique makes no sense. There are lots of weird techniques in Naruto, but this one just doesn't feel right.

ody
Sat, 09-29-2007, 07:34 PM
During Naruto's "tearful" speech at the end of the episode I couldn't help it but I started to laugh. It's like after exhausting hours of trying to perform some stupid non-vital task time after time yet always failing you can't anymore even be angry but will just give up and laugh at the futility of it all.

Well, Deidara was a true ninja till the very end by blowing himself up and trying to take a few of the enemies with him rather than be captured.

I agree. Another terrible Naruto episode.

I hated the fact that Kakashi's Mangekyou took five episodes to get ready for and another episode to use. I think I fast-forwarded the episode by ten minutes and it was still going on.

I didn't even watch episode thirty because it couldn't get any worse.

BioAlien
Sat, 09-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Deidara really did lose his arm and everybody saw it.
It was the same in the Manga, Deidara lost his arm after Kakashi used his improved Sharingan on him, he was not aiming for the arm though..

animus
Sat, 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
It was the same in the Manga, Deidara lost his arm after Kakashi used his improved Sharingan on him, he was not aiming for the arm though..

It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Nobody has talked about Kakashi's MS in detail yet? Seriously...wtf was that? I thought MS was supposed to be a Genjutsu technique. There was nothing illusionary about what Kakashi did. Deidara really did lose his arm and everybody saw it.

That technique makes no sense. There are lots of weird techniques in Naruto, but this one just doesn't feel right.

Well then there should be a problem with Itachi's MS as well... those balck flames we saw in the frog's throat were no illusion either.

redcat
Sat, 09-29-2007, 09:15 PM
this ep was pretty retarded. I would stop watching naruto but its not like i'm paying for it.

DayoftheDante
Sat, 09-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Is there a classy way they could've animated the tail formation? As I listened to the bubbling sounds and saw red gas flowing out of his butt I thought "Maybe they should have made it look like flames," but even then it'd still be flames coming out of his ass. Maybe if it had been formed more quickly with a "WHOOSH," no.... no that doesn't help either.

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 09-29-2007, 11:18 PM
lol "I blew it into another dimension." it was so bad, that i found it good.

I loved how Deidara fought with the kunai in his mouth and almost escaped, badass, it just shows how useless team gai was in this entire arc. Kinda sucks how Deidara doesn't get a fight, instead its just a pursuit, but oh well. I didn't like him at first, but he's definitely one of my fav akatsuki now!

Naruto's tearful (borderline emo) speech and gaara's death didn't quite carry the emotional impact i thought it would. Disappointing. It was almost as horrible as Kakashi's dimensional vortex. I'm not sure, but with an anime as popular as Naruto, you'd think they could afford a better animation staff! Either someone's funnelling some money into a slush fund, or the show's creator is giving a friend's animation company a break.

Idealistic
Sat, 09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
lol "I blew it into another dimension." it was so bad, that i found it good.

I loved how Deidara fought with the kunai in his mouth and almost escaped, badass, it just shows how useless team gai was in this entire arc. Kinda sucks how Deidara doesn't get a fight, instead its just a pursuit, but oh well. I didn't like him at first, but he's definitely one of my fav akatsuki now!

Naruto's tearful (borderline emo) speech and gaara's death didn't quite carry the emotional impact i thought it would. Disappointing. It was almost as horrible as Kakashi's dimensional vortex. I'm not sure, but with an anime as popular as Naruto, you'd think they could afford a better animation staff! Either someone's funnelling some money into a slush fund, or the show's creator is giving a friend's animation company a break.

It's just really hard to believe that Deidara who specializes in long-range attacks held off Team Gai with Taijutsu. The funny thing is, all of Team Gai are Taijutsu focused fighters and they can't even catch Deidara.

At least make it believable.... If it was in the manga as well, I forgot, i wasn't around during the discussion of that chapter.

And like I always say about the animation, watching episode 1-2 and then the rest are like two different shows.

Nai
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:01 AM
You know things are in the shitter when the antagonist appears like the heroic one. I always knew Naruto was a douchebag but after all that preaching about heroics, fair play and such he still decides to claim the life of the crippled Deidara for the sake of sheer vengeance? Not saying I mind him finally acting like a ninja but it comes across as slightly hypocritical considering his earlier statements and merely reinforces my belief that he is a brat without a fucking clue who should learn how to shut the fuck up. Quite difficult for me personally to get behind such a protagonist. The fact that he felt the need to throw a tantrum at the dying Chiyo didn't exactly make him more appealing. How about some respect for the elderly, kid?

Deidara on the other hand fought until the very fucking end and remained utterly true to his art. Such a man. When he knew he could not escape he opted to simply blow his own ass up rather than grant them the pleasure of defeating him. You know you're a badass when you can fend off an entire team of pursuers with a mere kunai in your mouth. Of course, his final blast of sexiness was entirely nullified by yet another cheap ass trick. I felt eerily similar to how I felt during a certain moment in Gundam SEED Destiny when a certain revived character deflected a certain super attack from a certain positron cannon. Needless to say, I wasn't too enthusiastic about it.

And if they fucking dare to bring Gaara back from the dead this show is joining the aforementioned Gundam SEED Destiny in the eternal shitpile of doom. I've always loved Gaara and as such I'd hate to see him be brought back and pussified for the sake of fanservice. Let the guy rest in peace and let his legacy remain that of a badass.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:34 AM
How come Kakashi's MS took like a whole episode to suck in Deidara's arm, but it sucked in his explosion instantly?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm wondering how Deidera made a clay clone with no seals. (assuming it was a clay clone). First punch hit him, and then walla, he's gone. Come to think of it now, I think Naruto or Kakashi said it was a replacement....but still, he'd have a hard time replacing himself with no hands...

How come Kakashi's MS took like a whole episode to suck in Deidara's arm, but it sucked in his explosion instantly?

He took the whole episode to AIM for Deidera and missed his vital spots because he's flying around. Deidara was standing still when he exploded, so it makes it easier.

Yukimura
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Nai, you're giving the Kakashi magic too much credit, at least in Destiny it had been established earlier in the show that shields beat positron lasers. In this case the first time Kakashi used his dimension ripper thing it took him 10 minutes and he couldn't ended up only taking a chunk of Diedaras arm. However, after being exhausted from using it so much he was able to get the whole explosion and send it away completely in a instant. This does not make sense. If he could operate it on such a large scale he should have been able to destroy Diedara's entire body, instead of just a chunk of his arm.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Nai, you're giving the Kakashi magic too much credit, at least in Destiny it had been established earlier in the show that shields beat positron lasers. In this case the first time Kakashi used his dimension ripper thing it took him 10 minutes and he couldn't ended up only taking a chunk of Diedaras arm. However, after being exhausted from using it so much he was able to get the whole explosion and send it away completely in a instant. This does not make sense. If he could operate it on such a large scale he should have been able to destroy Diedara's entire body, instead of just a chunk of his arm.

It could be poorly explained that gases have less mass and makes it easier to suck into another dimension compared to ripping a solid arm off a person. But then again, exploding gas should have more momentum than a flying Deidera.

mage
Sun, 09-30-2007, 01:50 AM
deidara's arm being sucked in was only 5 pages in the manga, so obviously the anime directors are just stretching shit out so they wont have to go to filler as soon

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 03:05 AM
deidara's arm being sucked in was only 5 pages in the manga, so obviously the anime directors are just stretching shit out so they wont have to go to filler as soon

How come other animes don't have fillers? Are they not popular enough or something?

Like how come Naruto doesn't just finish a season or whatever, and then go on break?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-30-2007, 03:42 AM
Naruto yelling at the old lady was the one part of the episode I liked.

It kinda made sense, because, what he was saying was totally true.

They made Gaara into a weapon for their village, basically destroying his life, and ultimately causing his death because of it.

And for all Naruto knows, his own village did the same thing to him. I think it's understandable that he's so pissed.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-30-2007, 09:22 AM
No, he's a retard for yelling at an old lady. There is a certain level of respect you should afford to elders, and screaming like at them like a bitch because you are going emo isn't endearing.

Mizuchi
Sun, 09-30-2007, 10:55 AM
How come other animes don't have fillers? Are they not popular enough or something?

Like how come Naruto doesn't just finish a season or whatever, and then go on break?

I completely agree. Avatar the Last Airbender did that, and that show is as popular as ever. I actually think that having breaks makes the show even better because if you're without new episodes for so long you miss the show a lot more, and without fillers, the show can be kept at high quality.

Did anyone else want to shoot the animators of this ep in both kneecaps? Im usually one to not care about animation, and when people always complain about the animation im just like, eh it was fine.

But this episode just drew the line... The art was so incredibly bad, all the faces were extremely poorly animated, the music was awful and used at the wrong times... The fight scenes were drawn out...

As of now, Pokemon > Naruto.

Atleast charizard doesnt take half an episode shooting one burst of fire.

LobsterMagnet
Sun, 09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
If you want you can justify Kakashi's BS mangekyou sharingan taking longer to hit diedara then it did to move the explosion. My guess is he had a hard time with diedara was because he was a moving target in perpetual motion. While the giant suicide explosion was a stationary object.

Yeah agree with the rest of you in that Diedara fighting off team guy with his mouth kunai was extremely badass and probably the best part of the episode. God I hope they move things along to the next shipuuden arc because the episode titles seem like they're going to try and drag this out some more.

Sigh. I don't know if you guys are feeling really disheartened, best I can say is watch episode 26 again. Gives some hope for the future.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 01:07 PM
No, he's a retard for yelling at an old lady. There is a certain level of respect you should afford to elders, and screaming like at them like a bitch because you are going emo isn't endearing.

So if an elder is doing the wrong thing, you're still going to respect them?

mage
Sun, 09-30-2007, 01:21 PM

naruto has fillers because otherwise it would lose a lot of money. other series usually dont have fillers because they are sufficiently behind the manga or are not based on a manga.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-30-2007, 01:45 PM
So if an elder is doing the wrong thing, you're still going to respect them?This is what I'm saying. People earn respect. They don't just get it for being old.

Naruto doesn't know she's dying or that she was just in some big fight. He just knows Gaara's dead because of some shit she did when he was a baby.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Well then there should be a problem with Itachi's MS as well... those balck flames we saw in the frog's throat were no illusion either.
I didn't know that was a MS technique. We never saw how he did that move.

AngryGumball
Sun, 09-30-2007, 04:08 PM

But Naruto hadn't had that bonding moment with the elder Chiyo, like sakura has had fighting for their lives together back to back, so with naruto really just screaming and yelling at her it was just his typical only seeing his side of the issue. It wasn't that she was simply and elder of the sand village it could have been anyone, you(elder chiyo) were simply violating that with which Naruto had a bond with Gaara.

Heh and yeah i won't be mailing DB that question, it was me just yelling loudly and whining like a spoiled brat. :)

Storywise, if we do not seeing Temari and her troupe of people show up within 2 minutes of the next episode we can sit and here and bemoan the fact that zomg how slow are they travelling with all their stop breaks, why bother to go help when your not even going to appear. I woulda had more respect if it was one of the sand village people who completed the battle with Deidara, as if rescuing the Konoho people from a battle they didnt' realize was going to end the way it did end, I hadn't seen Matsuri battle before so not up on her powers/skills but woulda been fun to have her swoop in and perform something while the Konoha people were backed.

The blast from Deidara and being blown into another dimension(really crappy idea btw) I wish it had at like only been contained maybe 50% instead of fully removing the blast from their world fully. Such that it at least had blown everyone else off their feet and given a bunch of them like blast marks or burned/tinged clothing and facial scrapes.

At the end everyone was just standing around like waiting for next battle without any damage modeling.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-30-2007, 04:31 PM
So if an elder is doing the wrong thing, you're still going to respect them?

Disagreeing is one thing. So is not valuing their judgement. Doing your own thing is yet another.

But you don't shout at old women. Its rude and obnoxious.

@BoC: Unless Itachi pulled those flames out of his ass, I think it is safe to say it had something to do with his eyes the way he acted right before and after he blew a hole in the wall.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-30-2007, 04:49 PM
@BoC: Unless Itachi pulled those flames out of his ass, I think it is safe to say it had something to do with his eyes the way he acted right before and after he blew a hole in the wall.
Not nearly convincing enough.

Idealistic
Sun, 09-30-2007, 05:25 PM

I think it was said that Itachi using Tsukoyomi twice and Amatasaru(or however you spell them) took a big toll on his eyes.

February
Sun, 09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm wondering how Deidera made a clay clone with no seals. (assuming it was a clay clone). First punch hit him, and then walla, he's gone. Come to think of it now, I think Naruto or Kakashi said it was a replacement....but still, he'd have a hard time replacing himself with no hands...

He took the whole episode to AIM for Deidera and missed his vital spots because he's flying around. Deidara was standing still when he exploded, so it makes it easier.

Possibly, Deidara made a replacement way back before. On second thought, 1 handed jutsus are possible (Haku) and we know that Deidara is more of a item-user rather than a jutsu-user.

The reason Kakashi got Deidara at first with his MS was because Deidara had no clue about what was going on or what he should do...after the 1st attack, he had some clue that something was sucking his body in so he started moving.

Why is it so hard to believe that Sharingan can perform dou jutsus other than illusions and genjutus? As someone said before, Itachi's black flame was a non-genjutsu dou jutsu. It is one of the strongest moves we've seen in the series so far. It can distort dimensions and seriously mess up people mentally if you look into the eye. This is why the bloodline eye clans were so secretly guarded and powerful in status and strength. Thus, I can see why it is so overpowered

And as someone else mentioned about Gai team unable to take out Deidara with a single kunai in his mouth, I believe that part is really unrealistic too. Gai, no even Lee himself should be able to beat down Deidara with brute taijutsu when he doesnt have any arms. Speed-wise, I am sure Lee is faster too.

Even though Naruto bitched at Chiyo which I agree is disrespectful, Naruto does have some truth in his speech because Chiyo and the sand shinobis of her generation did cause alot of trouble to Gaara by placing the monster inside of him.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-30-2007, 08:49 PM

Agree to disagree then.

masterofwee
Sun, 09-30-2007, 10:39 PM
man i felt sooo sorry for Deidara, still fighting even with no arms. i would have loved to see a strategic battle between Deidara and Naruto+Kakashi in the forest. that would have been awsome.

Assertn
Mon, 10-01-2007, 11:53 AM

MS isn't just genjutsu. Itachi used MS to blast a hole through Jiraiya's toad trap way back, leaving those black flames behind....remember?

i just think they should be much further into the story line by now and cant go into detail because i'd be spoiling.
God damn....you seriously have to say this like.....every fuckin week -_-

Crash
Mon, 10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't even know what to say anymore. This fight had great potential and there were so many moments that should have been filled with tension/anticipation/suspense, but they just weren't. Kicking it off with a recap of the clone fight was just a bad mood setter to begin with. I'm sure no ones eyes or ears had yet forgotten the pain inflicted upon them by that episode so there was really no need to remind us

That aside the unveiling of Kakashi's new MS power should have been an awesome moment and in some way's it was. I'll admit seeing Deidara's arm get torn off by it was cool, however the whole thing was severely dulled by the bad special effect they used for it and the fact that they spent about 1/4 of this hour long double episode making us stare at either the bad special effect or kakashi's eye. There should have been more action, more animation of Deidara desperately trying to evade and Kakashi trying to get into position and focus.

Then we have the "fox cloak" moment. This is the first time we've seen Naruto go that berserk since the fight with Sasuke, and this time he's apparently releasing even more of the Fox's chakra yet the whole thing was 100X less impressive. We get one pitiful lunge punch at Kakashi then he effortlessly runs up to naruto and slaps a post-it note on his forehead after saying "i'll have to be really careful". There should have been a whole sequence there of Kakashi trying to evade Naruto's attacks while trying to get that seal on.

The whole thing was just very anticlimactic. It wasn't necessarily a bad episode, it just wasn't a good one either. As far as story is concerned the show is still good, but the execution/presentation is just poor. Where the show should have been amazing, it was instead simply mediocre.

uhicha neji
Mon, 10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Shippuuden debuted February 2nd, 2007. Here we are, October 1st and were STILL in the same arc? 8 months...wow.

Poochi
Wed, 10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
I hope Kakashi says "i'm going to send you to the next dimension!" next time he uses his eye thingy.

Come on, sucking things to other dimensions is pretty out there, even for the Naruto universe.

Kraco
Thu, 10-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Come on, sucking things to other dimensions is pretty out there, even for the Naruto universe.

Where does those building sized summoned frogs, snakes, snails and other beasts come from? I always thought it was other dimension(s). It seems somewhat unlikely they normally live in the very same world as all the humans. So, if my theory here is correct, then sending people (or parts of them) forcibly to other dimensions isn't actually out there at all.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Shippuuden debuted February 2nd, 2007. Here we are, October 1st and were STILL in the same arc? 8 months...wow.

Its just one season... what did you expect?

And remember... Chuunin Exams arc took over 60+ eps.
And also add all those no-episode week... like the current two weeks.

Yukimura
Thu, 10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
The chuunin exams story was essentially two arcs the first two exams plus the elimination tournament (20-51), then Naruto's training with Jiraiya, the finals tournament, and the attack on the village (52-79).

Instead of weeks it's probably more accurate to look at episodes and chapters. I'm not sure how long the Chuunin Exams took in the manga, but to date Shippuuden has covered only 2 more chapters than it has had episodes numbers. That means on average each episode contains one 60th more plot than a manga chapter stretched for about 2-3 times as long as it takes to carefully read a chapter.

Put back into weeks, there have been 34 Thursdays since Naruto Shippuuden first aired (2-15-07). If one assumes a manga chapter came out every week then the manga advanced the plot to the same point as the anime in 2 fewer weeks. If you look at it this way I can't really see how it's not atrocious.

AbstractTheorem
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:32 AM
I can't really see how it's not atrocious.

Was about to post a similar rundown and then I scrolled own a little bit and see that you already did it... only thing you left out was a little bit of a more direct comparison to the original naruto.

Original Naruto normally used 2 chapters (sometimes 3 to a episode) you can see a comparison at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Naruto_story_arcs I cannot find the original comparison I found a long time ago (I used it to figure out how far the manga would have to get inhead of the cartoon to allow 2 seasons without catching up)
This list instead of making a per episode comparison .. just compares the arcs, it does a good enough job to see the point tho.

as Yukimura said

...to date Shippuuden has covered only 2 more chapters than it has had episodes numbers...

Its hard to draw a direct comparison between the manga and the episodes though; as a general rule of thumb a more detailed manga usually translates into less airtime (i.e. detailed fights which span 2-3 episodes in the show were usually 2-3 times the length of manga issues).

The chapters in the manga even go slower at this point... so they took chapters which didn't cover a lot of information, and spread them out roughly 1/2 the speed of original naruto.... yeah Shipuuden is movin' along at the blazing speed of a love child of a Sloth and a Snail.

Genma
Fri, 10-05-2007, 11:25 AM
So... my friend told me about this episode a few days ago, and he was like, "Wow... Naruto has really gone down the shitter. I couldn't believe what I was seeing." Now, after watching one-third of the episode (skipping through pointless plot parts, since I read the manga) I have to agree 100%. I actually think Shippuden is equally as bad as the fillers... because seriously, manga readers are starting to realize how much they're butchering it.

Let's begin with Deidara. To start, Kakashi used MS not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES against him. Correct me if I'm wrong... but in the manga, uh, didn't he only use it once before passing out? Plus... it wasn't a black hole, it was more like an explosion. And in the manga... geeze, it didn't blow off BOTH of his arms, did it?

Then they made Team Gai look like a bunch of pansies, despite having two Jounins and two Chuunins in their team. And then... oh god, I couldn't believe it, Deidara pulled a suicide bomber and then his explosion was absorbed in the MS.

I stopped watching right there. Can't believe this... after all the wait for Shippuden, not only do they drag episodes on forever, they add plot hole fillers as well.

Crash
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Plus... it wasn't a black hole, it was more like an explosion. And in the manga... geeze, it didn't blow off BOTH of his arms, did it?

It didn't blow off both his arms in the anime, he only had one at the start of the fight. He lost the other when he fought Gaara.

Assertn
Fri, 10-05-2007, 12:23 PM
So... my friend told me about this episode a few days ago, and he was like, "Wow... Naruto has really gone down the shitter. I couldn't believe what I was seeing." Now, after watching one-third of the episode (skipping through pointless plot parts, since I read the manga) I have to agree 100%. I actually think Shippuden is equally as bad as the fillers... because seriously, manga readers are starting to realize how much they're butchering it.

Let's begin with Deidara. To start, Kakashi used MS not once, not twice, BUT THREE TIMES against him. Correct me if I'm wrong... but in the manga, uh, didn't he only use it once before passing out? Plus... it wasn't a black hole, it was more like an explosion. And in the manga... geeze, it didn't blow off BOTH of his arms, did it?

Then they made Team Gai look like a bunch of pansies, despite having two Jounins and two Chuunins in their team. And then... oh god, I couldn't believe it, Deidara pulled a suicide bomber and then his explosion was absorbed in the MS.

I stopped watching right there. Can't believe this... after all the wait for Shippuden, not only do they drag episodes on forever, they add plot hole fillers as well.
Let's begin with your second paragraph. Yes you're wrong, in the manga Kakashi used MS twice....once on Deidara's arm and once on the explosion. Also neither the anime nor the manga had MS blow off both of his arms. Geez, there were even flashbacks in the ep where he lost an arm to Gaara.

As for the third paragraph, well....I already mentioned that Deidara did, in fact, suicide bomb and have his explosion absorbed in the MS in both the anime and manga. So believe it!

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM

I believe you have been reading another manga...
Dude... you need to re-read those chapters... and fast. Or at least watch Gaara vs Deidara.

The only thing so far Shippuden has 'created' has been the clone fights. Everything else is a mega stretch from the original.

Anyway... I guess people here would prefer Bleach style, where they use 4+ chapters per episode... or another 2 years of fillers.

Really... I still don't know what you guys are really expecting from this series... personally the only bad points I've seen are the clone fights which weren't done carefully.

If the anime is so bad... read the manga.

Idealistic
Fri, 10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Anyway... I guess people here would prefer Bleach style, where they use 4+ chapters per episode... or another 2 years of fillers.

Really... I still don't know what you guys are really expecting from this series... personally the only bad points I've seen are the clone fights which weren't done carefully.

If the anime is so bad... read the manga.

Who said they have to go into fillers? Why not take a break and air the next season a year later or something?

How come some animes don't go into fillers, but go by seasons?

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Who said they have to go into fillers? Why not take a break and air the next season a year later or something?

How come some animes don't go into fillers, but go by seasons?

A question I've asked myself countless times.

I guess it has to do with tv schedules, rating, the directing studio and all that crap.

Like you, I would have prefer Naruto to end after the Sasuke arc, and then re-start 3 to 4 years later.

Genma
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Whoops, yeah, you guys were right. It's just been so long since I read this arc of the manga so... I guess I forgot most of it. Re-read now and it makes sense.

Forget what I said. Still, though, can't help but raise an eyebrow at the guy who said I was "as dumb as shit" and neg repped me... oh well.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM

Regarding Bleach-style: I'd say I'd prefer One Piece style, where they do an average of 1.3 chapters per episode, and occassionally take long breaks between arcs. Unfortunately, at one point, there was a fairly long arc and were fairly close to catching up to the manga, so they used some flashbacks to very early episodes to avoid ruining the momentum they built up. Also, they've had 3 filler arcs between arcs and maybe 20 filler episodes, usually at the transition between major arcs. Most importantly, their fillers don't suck. They aren't great, but they don't ruin the show (and the producers do a fairly good job of making it possible to skip fillers without losing continuity -- the Davy Back Fight and that Kamaitachi dude from the Apis arc showing up as the crew climbs Reverse Mountain are they only exceptions I can think of)

That could work for Shippuuden. They could go even faster, in fact -- the One Piece manga has a lot more talking than Naruto.

Bleh, I'm probably going to get some video editing software and cut out all the shit that wasn't in the manga. Maybe I'll talk to Dattebayo and see if they'll put it on their tracker too.

animus
Fri, 10-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Regarding Bleach-style: I'd say I'd prefer One Piece style, where they do an average of 1.3 chapters per episode, and occassionally take long breaks between arcs. Unfortunately, at one point, there was a fairly long arc and were fairly close to catching up to the manga, so they used some flashbacks to very early episodes to avoid ruining the momentum they built up. Also, they've had 3 filler arcs between arcs and maybe 20 filler episodes, usually at the transition between major arcs. Most importantly, their fillers don't suck. They aren't great, but they don't ruin the show (and the producers do a fairly good job of making it possible to skip fillers without losing continuity -- the Davy Back Fight and that Kamaitachi dude from the Apis arc showing up as the crew climbs Reverse Mountain are they only exceptions I can think of)

That could work for Shippuuden. They could go even faster, in fact -- the One Piece manga has a lot more talking than Naruto.

Bleh, I'm probably going to get some video editing software and cut out all the shit that wasn't in the manga. Maybe I'll talk to Dattebayo and see if they'll put it on their tracker too.

The Davy Back fight is not filler, btw.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Part of it was filler.

Kraco
Sat, 10-06-2007, 01:06 AM
One Piece style is certainly not the worst way to do it, but it has one weakness that bothers me: Every episode lately only has like 10 minutes new material with the huge recaps, the old Pirate King scene at the beginning of every episode, and constant flashbacks. It's kind of bothersome. They should just change the format to 15 minutes episodes (there are, after all, animes that have that format naturally though they are few). It would at least mean every episode was full of goodness you can actually watch and you didn't need to skip contantly.

They could actually do the same thing with Naruto... Just make 15 minutes episodes and the need to stretch it so badly would be alleviated somewhat.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 10-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah, that would good for the fans but not good from a marketing perpective. Less screen time means less exposure, and less exposure means less awareness, and less awarness means lower merchandise sales which means less money.

RyougaZell
Sat, 10-06-2007, 11:55 AM
You hit the nail DB Hunter. It all goes down to marketing.

poopdeville
Sat, 10-06-2007, 01:45 PM
One Piece style is certainly not the worst way to do it, but it has one weakness that bothers me: Every episode lately only has like 10 minutes new material with the huge recaps, the old Pirate King scene at the beginning of every episode, and constant flashbacks. It's kind of bothersome. They should just change the format to 15 minutes episodes (there are, after all, animes that have that format naturally though they are few). It would at least mean every episode was full of goodness you can actually watch and you didn't need to skip contantly.

Yes, I agree with you. It was great in this regard before the last arc and it's gotten better since the last arc ended. I think the problem was that the last arc was very long, and the anime's producers didn't want to take a break in the middle of it. And for very good reason. Bad timing made it so they would have had to take a break at the arc's climax (the tower __ _______ scene with ____ ____ burning the ____) Hopefully, that won't happen again.

Naruto wouldn't have this problem. There are plenty of natural spots to take breaks in the manga.

Still, I like the Pirate King scene. It helps sets the tone. One Piece has always used a lot of flashbacks, and they don't bother me as long as they're relevant and well done. The recaps before the last arc were fine by me too. They were short, used different dialog to summarize what's going on, used exciting music, etc. They really helped set an episode's pace.

So, I am serious about cutting Naruto Shippuuden down to size. Does anybody else have suggestions about what kind of anime format Shippuuden or even One Piece should have used?

AbstractTheorem
Sat, 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM
LOL.... Someone took a dump on my Rep for Calling Naruto a Cartoon in this thread....

Sorry I should have been more specific Naruto Shipuuden is a Cartoon with animation/drawing/and production styles which are on par with G.I. Joe and Thundercats.

DeathscytheVII
Mon, 10-08-2007, 01:40 AM
I wonder if our current dissatisfaction of this arc is primarily because we've read ahead in the manga and know what is going on, and we also know how much the pacing is killing us? When i first watched Naruto, i watched it as an anime, with zero manga experience, and i really enjoyed it. It is rather unfortunate I was unable to test this theory since I gave up after that Team Gai vs Clone episode (having read up to the rescue gaara arc when shipuuden began) and read ahead. But a lot of ppl i know as non-manga readers have been telling me they're enjoying Shipuuden so far.

Kraco
Mon, 10-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Well, I can't totally discount that even if I'm not personally reading the manga because I've been reading here the comments all the time (not manga discussion but the comments telling the anime pacing is from hell). So, I can't say it wouldn't affect me, but honestly I've already seen enough anime in general to judge what is good pacing and what is bad. But saying this, for people with less experience in anime in general Shippuuden's story telling might be just fine and exciting. In a sense such people can be considered very lucky.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
i only started reading the manga when Shippuuden got on my nerves so much that it was either "read the manga or just don't bother with Naruto". So, at least for me, it is the shitty pacing, crappy animation, and annoying breaks between episodes that has really destroyed it, not knowing what happens (as i only started reading the manga about two months ago)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Well, I haven't read the manga. All I can say is that Shippuuden is lacking so much flare that it's easily the worse series I've watched this year. That said, there were the odd eps that were done well. As far as pacing, yeah, it's pretty shocking.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-09-2007, 02:49 AM
Honestly, at this point, I liked the way they did fillers in the original Naruto. Yeah, those episodes were the worst thing ever. But at least they were all together. So you could just stop watching. Which as far as I'm concerned, is the same as going off the air for 2 years. Only it also makes the kiddies who don't know the difference between good and crap happy.

But as far as my DVD collection is concered, Naruto just ended after the Sasuke arc.

Sarahchan
Tue, 10-09-2007, 04:42 AM
Honestly, at this point, I liked the way they did fillers in the original Naruto. Yeah, those episodes were the worst thing ever. But at least they were all together. So you could just stop watching. Which as far as I'm concerned, is the same as going off the air for 2 years. Only it also makes the kiddies who don't know the difference between good and crap happy.

But as far as my DVD collection is concered, Naruto just ended after the Sasuke arc.

I agree! I stopped watching as soon as the fillers came and picked it up after and im happy :-D

DB_Hunter
Tue, 10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I only have eps up till when we first see Itachi, and as things stand right now I can't be asked to download up to the Sasuke arc since I know Shippudden is crap.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
DB_Hunter are you saying that since Shippuuden is crap you don't care about the second half of the original pre-filler Naruto?

DB_Hunter
Tue, 10-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I guess I am... its probably more accurate to say that I'm so dissapointed with the continuation of the Naruto story line that I can't see the point in archiving a series that has a crap ending (assuming Shippudden continues as it is).

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-10-2007, 08:49 AM
And you see that point of posting in a board that is obviously about a series you dislike so much?
LOLz

animus
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Because you have to absolutely love a series to talk about it amiright?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:19 AM
There exist levels of interest between 'loving' and 'hating' a series.

Idealistic
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I guess I am... its probably more accurate to say that I'm so dissapointed with the continuation of the Naruto story line that I can't see the point in archiving a series that has a crap ending (assuming Shippudden continues as it is).

Naruto can't possibly beat Sailor Moon.

RyougaZell
Wed, 10-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Because you have to absolutely love a series to talk about it amiright?

Absolutely not.
But if you openly say you hate the series since 100 eps ago... why are you still watching?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
But if you openly say you hate the series since 100 eps ago... why are you still watching?

Because I didn't say I 'hate' it.

Crash
Thu, 10-11-2007, 08:07 PM
There exist levels of interest between 'loving' and 'hating' a series.

Exactly, and right now Shippuuden is falling somewhere in that middle ground. It's not that the series is unbearably bad, it's just become heartbreakingly mediocre. That mediocrity is simply compounded by the fact that the show pre-filler was most certainly very good. So instead of being able to say "eh it's a pretty mediocre series, but i'll watch it when there's nothing else" we're left saying "Why have they brought one of my favorite shows down so low?". It's difficult to accept less when you've been able to expect more in the past.

Btw, i just noticed i got neg reped for correcting Genma about Kakashi's sharingan blowing off both of Deidara's arms. To whomever i offended with my correctness: My apologies, i'll try to be less right in the future :p

Assertn
Fri, 10-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Well if it's any consolation...a lot of people bitched about this arc in the manga as well.

(Also, I think terra punched a few holes into his walls when deidara exploded back in the manga days of this arc.)

TNTxTNT
Fri, 10-19-2007, 09:12 PM
You know things are in the shitter when the antagonist appears like the heroic one. I always knew Naruto was a douchebag but after all that preaching about heroics, fair play and such he still decides to claim the life of the crippled Deidara for the sake of sheer vengeance? Not saying I mind him finally acting like a ninja but it comes across as slightly hypocritical considering his earlier statements and merely reinforces my belief that he is a brat without a fucking clue who should learn how to shut the fuck up. Quite difficult for me personally to get behind such a protagonist. The fact that he felt the need to throw a tantrum at the dying Chiyo didn't exactly make him more appealing. How about some respect for the elderly, kid?
No, he's a retard for yelling at an old lady. There is a certain level of respect you should afford to elders, and screaming like at them like a bitch because you are going emo isn't endearing.Well isn't it kind of showing a darker side of Naruto? Becoming more and more influenced by the demon fox, it taking over his body and enticing him to release it like in the first episode. Becoming alienated with his friends and such. Just speculating. They seemed awfully close in that scene in the first episode, like the fox was getting to him somehow.