PDA

View Full Version : TV: Dirty Sexy Money

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:53 AM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7973/dsmheaderiq7.jpg

Just watched the first episode, and I was really impressed. Great actors, great characters, fast moving, and very fun. I think just about everyone here will enjoy this series so go check it out. I would say that it's the pilot I've enjoyed the most this season. Can't link to the episode at the moment because I've only seen the proper of the episode on private trackers. Here's a link to the HR release in the meantime if you want to get it:
http://isohunt.com/download/26773546/dirty+sexy+money

In case you want to search for it, here's the filename of the normal HDTV proper:
Dirty.Sexy.Money.S01E01.PROPER.HDTV.XviD-NoTV

As I said, really cool series in the making... I highly doubt you'll regret giving this a chance. Plus it features Jack Bauer's dad, it's simply an instant winner.

When idealistic attorney Nick George's (Peter Krause) father dies, he ends up taking his father's clients, the Darlings, led by patriarch Tripp (Donald Sutherland). It's not always easy for Nick handling both legal and sometimes illegal matters.

The hour-long pilot was penned by Craig Wright and will be executive produced by Wright, Bryan Singer, and Greg Berlanti. The pilot is produced by ABC Television Studio in association with Berlanti Television.

Zati
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, not a bad show at all. I enjoyed the first episode, and for some reason the main lead reminds of Jim Carrey, lol. He's now suspicious of Donald Sutherland (Tripp) that he might've killed his dad, will be fun seeing how he figures it all out, and having to deal with that dysfunctional family.

Assassin
Sat, 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Good show...good actors, good plot. I'll be keeping up with this show.

Munsu
Fri, 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Here are the first two episodes:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/910445
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=6b45c45eea0343b612d64afaa68 a93aab96c2332
Second episode was nice, the plot advances a bit towards finding the dad's killer. Sutherland's character still feels fishy to me, he clearly puts up a false appearance to everyone, even when he seems very sincere to us the viewers. The whole thing with the bastard kid was great, making him out to be a Swedish orphan was cool.

TwisT
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:59 AM
haha i love this show. So much drama on so many levels. And great actors. Donald Sutherland is awesome, showing everyone that forgot how great he is that he can still own the scene. And since I'm from Sweden i of course loved how they pretended for the kid the be Swedish. Specially the fact that Donald actually spoke Swedish (not just mumbling like many other shows i have watched because the actor is to stupid to learn a single sentence). And Donald made it both seem and sound believable.

Also i like the plot about him trying to find his fathers killer. And i was surprised that he actually admitted it to the whole family.

This one i will definitely continue watching.

Assassin
Thu, 10-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Im loving the twins. they have so much chemistry on screen. The publicist is also a pretty nice character.

The aussie chick that came for the dropoff, and apologized for not having the tape was hilarious. "We feel really bloody awful about this Mr.George, this is not how we do business" and "well i hope this doesn't affect any future business that we mite do Mr.George".

Anyway, the new billionaire seems to be trying to win over Peter. It seems that Tripp and peter's dad were good friends, so it seems unlikely that he had anything to do with it. Although he's definitely got some bigger plans for the family as a whole. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Munsu
Fri, 10-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, the twins are pretty cool... for some reason I have a feeling that they'll have some incestual relations before the series is over. I enjoyed the aussie chick too. The car crash was pretty cool too, especially how the cops tried to cover it up by arresting the limo driver.

All in all, this is a really cool series, and as we get deeper into the plot of the father's death it can only get better.

Munsu
Mon, 11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Series got picked up for a full season:
http://www.tv.com/story/10480.html

Now, let's hope the fucking strike ends soon.

Assassin
Tue, 11-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Awesome....this is one of the best shows this season.

As for last weeks ep, it was funny to see the annulment 40 min after the wedding. And now the mother daughter duo will try to break up nick and his wife.

Munsu
Tue, 11-20-2007, 11:19 AM
I have mixed feelings about her. Sometimes I see her as this dumb annoying bitch, and sometimes she seems like a likable person. But I like the wife, so it'll be interesting to see where this goes. And Nick seems to have more affection for her than I originally thought, so things may happen.

Now, Simon Elder as incurred the wrath of Papa Darling, big mistake.

Munsu
Mon, 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Just to let you guys know, that the show has been picked up for a second season, though I don't think we'll see any new episodes this season.

Assassin
Thu, 10-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Second season started today...great first episode. A lot of new developments so im really looking forward to this season.

Munsu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Yep, I agree. Interesting episode. Do you guys think that Karen is really fooled? Or do you guys think that the swan was something really important and that Simon was downplaying its significance? Do you think that Jeremy will keep trying to get into Lisa's pants, and will Lisa once again reciprocate?

Clearly Letitia isn't Dutch's killer, it has to be Simon's or someone else's plan to frame her somehow. Lucy Liu shows up, I wonder what her role is in all of this. Probably a spy of some sort.

Munsu
Sun, 10-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Second season started today...great first episode. A lot of new developments so im really looking forward to this season.
Watched episode 2 yet? Another good episode, and it had quite a few twists... especially a fairly big one towards the end. Though I saw it as a possibility, I never thought it would go in this direction.

I wonder if Nick will go through with it, and I also wonder what the heck Simon Elder is planning. What about Nick and Dave thinking Tripp is the killer?

Assassin
Mon, 10-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Definitely a great episode. a whole lot happened, and lucy liu had a lot of screen time. by far one of the hottest actresses out there i think. i saw tripp choosing nick just as the press conference started. it should be interesting with everyone hating him now. im more curious to know what nick has planned.....he's obviously trying to get into the family now. its like he's had some sort of revelation and he see's the big picture now, and wants to accomplish his own goals.