PDA

View Full Version : TV: Bionic Woman (2007)

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 10:17 PM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5461/bionicwomanmaintt0.jpg

First episode aired tonight, and I really liked what I saw.

I don't know if any of you guys saw the DVDSCR a couple of months ago, but if you did, you should watch tonight's version because there has been a lot of changes, including character changes and some scenes were rewritten. As soon as I find a torrent I'll post it here, can't do much searching as my connection currently is crapping on me.

It was a good first episode, plenty of action which is always nice. I also counted 3 Battlestar Galactica characters, including Starbuck who seems to be a series regular, or at least guest-starring in a couple of episodes. Anyone seen the pilot yet?

Jaime Wells Sommers is nothing but a hard-working woman juggling work as a bartender, the responsibility for the care of her younger sister, Becca, and her relationship with her boyfriend, Will. Although she does not have much, Jaime has always enjoyed being as normal as any other human being. However, this all changes when she is hit by a car and seriously injured. Her only hope becomes an experimental and top secret procedure, but, as Jaime soon discovers, this salvation comes at a high price.

Bionic Woman is produced by David Eick Productions in association with GEP Productions and NBC Universal Television Studio.

Munsu
Thu, 09-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Here's the first episode:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=c9aa9d6a4d97dbd7fc2c32a0505 e951996a11881

David75
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
Is it a sequel from the vintage show with a "similar" story?

Munsu
Thu, 09-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I highly doubt it. I'll go and do some digging and will let you know. So far it seems like an alternate universe type of thing.

Edit: From what I can see this is an entirely unrelated series. They use concepts from the old series to structure this series, but that's it. Go watch it without worrying that you may miss on something from the old classic.

TwisT
Thu, 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Well i like this show. It has potential. Although the fighting scenes where mediocre to IMO and Sarah Corvis wasn't neither cool or good looking. They tried too hard trying to making her badass that they failed IMO. Also i like the new pilot better then the PREAIR. Specially the change in the sister.

Well it was above average and has the potential to become great. And pilots usuly have to show of more then they really have time for and squeeze everything in there. So it will probably become better in the next episodes.

Zati
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM
The pilot was alright, and I'll tune in next week for sure. I don't got much to say about it, though, 'cause I guess I've seen these kind of stuff all before. All I got to say is Michelle Ryan is sexy.

Munsu
Thu, 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Here's episode 2:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=ea59cd291012549707945874c4e 61c6d3ade3cea

It was an alright episode, still felt like an introductory episode. New character gets introduced, the handler, and the training begins. Next weeks episode should be great though with a lot of action. I would've thought the the boyfriend would survive being shot, at least that's how it seemed after the first episode, so I was a bit surprised that he died. If you ask me, I think he's still alive, and they are just hiding him for some reason.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 12-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I was reading the premise for this series. This suppose to be where she learns to control her Bionic parts of her body. While she's still in the early stages, with a sister thrown in, probably to reflect the changing times.

If they go to a season 2, which I hope, I pray they have better stunts and action. The possibilities for this show are high and plentiful, be a waste if she stays a weak immature child, despite her TV age.

Munsu
Sun, 12-23-2007, 05:05 AM
I highly doubt it'll get a second season, this first one has been overall bad... hopefully it will indeed get a second season, but they need improve a ton and get a better plot and storyline.

Abdula
Sun, 12-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Definitely need a lot of improvement. This show definitely has potential and I like this show because it reminds me of Jake 2.0 but it is really poorly executed. Not just the action but the plot or more so what passes for a plot is unnecessarily convoluted and its seems rushed like its all happening way too fast. In the first episode for example, she not only learned about her bionic abilities but she learned to control them, encountered another bionic woman, learned of an apparent conspiracy and already began threatening people and making demands.

Also her character just plain sucks.

- Munsu where or how do you find the time to watch all the shows you watch?

Animeniax
Wed, 01-02-2008, 07:02 AM
They could have at least made the main character drop-dead gorgeous. Otherwise even the hardcore fanboys will lose interest. How will the casual viewer even give it a chance if the main character isn't appealing?

Did they say how much it cost to rebuild the Bionic woman?
If they remake the 6 million dollar man with the present day weak dollar and inflation, how much would he cost?

Munsu
Wed, 01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I think they said 50 million... I'm not sure.

Munsu
Wed, 02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
No surprise here, this shit is cancelled:
http://www.tv.com/story/10885.html

Sapphire
Sun, 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I wish they'd focused more on Journeyman than this show..