View Full Version : One Piece 325

rgrintz
Wed, 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM
here's the vega punk releases:

hd : http://www.vegapunk.com/downloads.php?media=hd&release=325&series=opanime

sd : http://www.vegapunk.com/downloads.php?media=sd&release=325&series=opanime

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Wuuf. That is one brutal fruit Blackbeard's got.

It makes him as invincible as the other Logia fruits AND it negates other people's fruits?

Sheeit.

Foomanchew24
Wed, 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Ace better not be dead or that will be cheap. Black Beard's ability is insane, I wonder how Luffy will be able to handle him, or perhaps one of the other strawhats will have to take him on.

Kraco
Thu, 09-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I don't see his ability as that insane nor does it make him invincible, far from it. The usual logia types are far more invincible because they have basically no solid form. However, if you walk behind Blackbeard without him knowing and stab him through a kidney with an ordinary knife, he's dead meat. It might be hard to confront him directly, but it's the assassin's stupidity, not Blackbeard's invincibility.

Of course such chivalrous courtesy is overpowering and all-encompassing in One Piece, so in that sense you could say he's practically invincible...

Still, with Zoro missing one sword right now, it's reasonable to hope the next one will be forged out of the sea mineral that negates fruit powers... Making him the ultimate devil's fruit user eliminator.

Assertn
Thu, 09-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I also find it interesting that not enough people utilize that sea stone as a way to beating the super powerful fruit users. I mean really...aside from the ability to create gravitational voids, blackbeard's fighting style isn't that much different than smoker's.

The only time the sea stone's ever been used on a bad guy it seems was when that one guy with the bazooka used it on Enel.

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 05:06 PM
His punches are still heavy duty as shit. Did you see how bad Ace got hurt after 1 punch? He was also strong enough to kill a commander of Whitebeard's ship, to take the Devil Fruit away from him. Though, he could've suckered him to his death.

Aeon
Thu, 09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
While Blackbeards ability does seem powerful, although I think it's cheap that it can seal a fruit users ability. I think he'd lose in a fight against Zoro, Robin and Sanji with the pain of hits being amplified.

Blackbeard mentioned that he had a plan to rule the world. I'm guessing the reason he wants in the Shichibukai is to get close to those old guys that lead the World Government so that he can execute them.

Anyone wonder how they know what the fruits ability are before anyone eats them? I thought there was only one fruit for each ability.

poopdeville
Thu, 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm vaguely annoyed that they changed the seiyu.

I'm guessing Ace is dead. The foreshadowing at the end was done really well. They're either talking about a Whitebeard/Blackbeard fight, or a Luffy/Blackbeard fight. But if it's the latter, it will probably be the fight to decide whether Luffy or Blackbeard become Pirate King.

Kraco
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:24 AM
Anyone wonder how they know what the fruits ability are before anyone eats them? I thought there was only one fruit for each ability.

I don't think that has been said anywhere. Or has it? I just thought logia types are the rarest. If those fruits have been around for a long time, people could have written down what manner of fruits gave particular powers, perhaps even listing most of them if the selection is limited.

Assertn
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Didn't they say that the one scientist guy that keeps randomly being mentioned in the series found out a way to tell what power a fruit possessed without eating it?

animus
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Wasn't the scientists name Vegapunk? I also thought he was the one that discovered a way to implant inanimate objects with devilfruits.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 04:10 AM
I don't see his ability as that insane nor does it make him invincible, far from it. The usual logia types are far more invincible because they have basically no solid form.I think he's exactly as invincible as other logia types, he just absorbs attacks instead of them passing through him. And he still "feels" the attack. But I don't think they do him any damage. I mean, Ace basically impaled him with those fire lances, but after he absorbed them he had no wounds at all.

Kraco
Sat, 09-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Hmm... Well, if that's the case, then you might indeed be correct. However, feeling the pain is very bad in itself. If you have a knife stick through your kidney, you won't be able to do anything but lie on the ground in abysmal agony (for example kidney stones are said to be one of the most painful disorders, to illustrate the consequences of kidney malfunction/damage). That leaves you pretty vulnerable.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Normally I'd agree, but then you remember he's a big-bad anime villain so I'm thinking pain isn't going to slow him down much.

He's obviously super strong even without his fruit.

Kraco
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:13 PM
So, you think he was just acting when he rolled on the ground when Ace's fire was burning his clothes and skin?

But practically speaking you are probably right. Who knows what kind of innovative way Oda has in mind for his demise but I doubt it's anything as straight-forward as to cause him some pain and then roll him into the ocean while he's withering.

Assertn
Mon, 10-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Well he basically said that he becomes an easier target to attacks cause of his gravitational nature....but at the same time his resistance to pain is higher cause of the fruit too.

ChaosK
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:24 PM
What I found cheap was that Ace seemed so helpless without his fire ability. I mean, Luffy said that before Ace even ate the fruit, and Luffy was a rubber man, Ace still beat Luffy in fights. That would lead me to believe that Ace's pure fighting ability is not as bad as the episode made it appear. No doubt, Blackbeard's punches pack a lot, but still, Ace looked way too overwhelmed by Blackbeard.

Blackbeard's ability is in no way invincible, it's just the ultimate Logia it would appear. I mean, if Luffy fought him, Luffy really wouldn't be in much of a disadvantage except being annoyingly sucked in towards Blackbeard. And, if Luffy went Gear 3rd on Blackbeard, Blackbeard would have a giant fist coming towards him if he tried to use his ability on Luffy.

Kraco
Thu, 10-11-2007, 04:35 AM
That fight totally failed to explain me why it supposedly is the ultimate logia fruit. The main reason being how Blackbeard's body is still solid all the time, even if it doesn't accumulate damage. It's an enormous weakness in any case. If you compare for example to Enel who could turn himself into electricity and zap himself pretty much instantly over long distances. And probably Ace could do the same thing as a fireball.

If somebody approached Blackbeard with a weapon made out of the sea mineral, he wouldn't be able evade it more than a normal human could, whereas Ace could just escape in a mere moment before he'd be in any danger. Also, Blackbeard's grand attack was ridiculously slow. It took ages for him to suck the town in.

His power just fails to impress me big time so far. I hope his next fight will be better written if it was the manga's fault or directed if it was just the anime.

Edit: A ridiculous typo...

animus
Thu, 10-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Well, the attack where he sucked in the town was rather quick in the manga. As i was watching it, I felt the animators were just trying to milk a little more time out of that scene to fill out time.

Assertn
Thu, 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM
Well.....the speed of the attack on the town should hardly be an excuse to downplay blackbeard's power. Besides, even though it was only a few frames in the manga, it couldn't have been that much faster time-wise, because I believe most of the villagers still managed to escape in time.

Anyway....Blackbeard's power doesn't seem too impressive mostly because it's significance is greatest against logia type. If you take Enel, for example, who seemed to have no physical weakness throughout most of skypeia...he seemed like a true example of an elite opponent.
Of course luffy just happened to be the only devil fruit user capable of harming him, but you could attribute that to luck, if you allow suspension of disbelief of the incident being completely circumstantial. However Enel would not have stood any better of a chance against Blackbeard as Ace did.

While with Luffy, the victory lied in a rock/paper/scissors match, however Blackbeard turns every match into a rock vs rock match....with the scales tilted a little in his favor as the added bonus of still having his powers. This is especially significant if you consider that most of the deadliest characters in the series are the deadliest because of their powers (I have no idea how Luffy could ever hope to stand up against Smoker or err...that ice guy)

Kraco
Thu, 10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Indeed, if thought in simple one-to-one terms then Enel or Ace or nobody might stand a chance against Blackbeard. However, so far all the villain bosses have had different amounts of goons, some of the powerful indeed, surrounding them. And among that variety there could be those who could deal with Blackbeard. The main logia guy would just need to evade Blackbeard and seeing how Blackbeard is trapped in a cumbersome and slow human form all the time, he can't easily catch formless and fast opponents. I'd assume Ace could have escaped easily enough if he hadn't tried to defeat Blackbeard.

Assertn
Thu, 10-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I can imagine blackbeard being surrounded by men only to cover the earth they stand on in darkness and suck them into a black hole the same way he did to the town.....

Besides, his teammates alone could probably take on most other opponents.

I'm sure Ace couldve escaped if he wanted to. Of course, Ace was the one who's been tracking down Blackbeard, not the other way around.

animus
Thu, 10-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Indeed, if thought in simple one-to-one terms then Enel or Ace or nobody might stand a chance against Blackbeard. However, so far all the villain bosses have had different amounts of goons, some of the powerful indeed, surrounding them. And among that variety there could be those who could deal with Blackbeard. The main logia guy would just need to evade Blackbeard and seeing how Blackbeard is trapped in a cumbersome and slow human form all the time, he can't easily catch formless and fast opponents. I'd assume Ace could have escaped easily enough if he hadn't tried to defeat Blackbeard.

Well, he doesn't really need to catch them. He has his Dark Vortex attack which sucked Ace into his grip 2+ times at an extremely high speed. Though I don't think Logia users can become truly formless, but can allow parts of their body to be passed through like Ace and Enel. Though, Enel does have the ability to zip himself around in a temporary bolt form I believe.

Anyways, how many Logia-type's have we seen so far? There's Blackbeard, Enel, Ace, Smoker, Crocodile, and Dragon?

Kraco
Thu, 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Wasn't Ace in his solid form when Blackbeard sucked him within reach? I don't remember the episode so well anymore. If Ace had turned himself into fire and flown away, it might be Blackbeard would have been left sucking only air. Besides, if Blackbeard needs to eject eventually the stuff he sucked in, a logia type would be ejected unharmed, because they have no solid body to compress or mutilate in the whatever dimension the stuff gets sucked into.