PDA

View Full Version : Bleach 142

anime nomad
Wed, 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Episode 142 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b142.torrent)

only 145Megs...strange DLing

Nintendo
Wed, 09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
nice episode,i will sure be waiting for the next episode.but it make me realize that i realy hate the 1st general captain Yamamoto,he always thinks everyone is a traitor whith no proof or anything.and by the way is chado's arm the old one or is it the new upgraded one? coz i can't remember what the old one looks like

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, 1st captain is a huge dick.

So it's just the 3 of them going? Really? I mean, I realize all the reapers are gone but, shit, finds some other guys somewhere. What's Yorouichi doing? I'd go ask cause, damn.

Nintendo
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:59 PM
thats right,where is Yorouichi? we haven't seen her in awhile.

Crash
Wed, 09-26-2007, 10:03 PM
thats right,where is Yorouichi? we haven't seen her in awhile.

Knowing Yorouichi she's probably sneaking around somewhere doing some secret super important thing only her and Urahara know about.

Good episode and a great build up at the end for the next one. Can't wait to see Chad and Ishida's new powers in action. Really looking forward to them actually being useful in this arc, I hope they are strong enough to fight some Espada.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Chad didn't seem to be any stronger, maybe he is hiding his power? Ishidia I'm sure has reached a bad ass level after his training.

Oh, and Byakuya and Kenpachi's enterance was perfect.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Chad's arm is now black and red and instead of blue/black and white it was originally. It also seems to have changed shape a bit. Tatsuki really did a good job in this ep, and Ichigo was cold as ice dealing with her. I guess he was just to numb after Orihime, b/c I expected him to at least try and comfort her somehow.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 09-27-2007, 12:40 AM
Ichigo could have colder, since he almost did break when Tatsuki started crying after hitting him.

I didn't notice the colour difference in Chad's arm, but his blow on Ichigo seemed pretty weak to me.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 09-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Is it me, or do we see Tatsuki and Mizuiro in Urahara's shop in the preview?

anyways, I'm very happy that we're not into a filler arc again. :)
Seeing Ishida made me grin... he's finally back to kick some serious ass.
The captain commander is a real asshole in this ep...

To fuel any discussion: Do you think Tatsuki will barge in Hueco Mundo, despite her uselessness there? (I highly doubt she has developped powers that are badass enough to fight an Espada.. or a decent Hollow for that matter..)
Mizuiro will just run away when he sees Urahara or something..

Kraco
Thu, 09-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Tatsuki really did a good job in this ep, and Ichigo was cold as ice dealing with her. I guess he was just to numb after Orihime, b/c I expected him to at least try and comfort her somehow.

Aye. I liked Tatsuki's role in this. Very convincing altogether.

Ichigo might have been numb still, but I think he might be blaming himself for getting Orihime involved while she didn't exactly possess any significant fighting skills. So, he's not going to tell Tatsuki anything to avoid getting her in danger as well. Who knows, that might be why he didn't fight more against SS's decision not to do anything. To get Rukia out of harm's way.

However, I wonder why Zaraki didn't say screw you and joined Ichigo. You can bet the toughest fights would be found in Hueco Mundo!

redcat
Thu, 09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I was surprised and disappointed that ichigo didn't talk to tatsuki about whats been going on after she told him she can sense inoue and that she saw him fighting as a shinigami. I guess the fact those 2 other guys were there forced him to play dumb.

the old man Yamamoto must be some kind of avid user of the "jump to conclusions mat" from Office Space and landed on the "Traitor" square.

I was excited to see ken and byakuya show up cause I thot they would be going to HM to help out, but alas...

the shinigami cup was indeed golden, though.

Chad didn't seem to be any stronger, maybe he is hiding his power? Ishidia I'm sure has reached a bad ass level after his training.
he was just trying to get his point across, not seriously harm ichigo

animus
Thu, 09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I would've done that to Tatsuki too. I guess I was the only one that got pissed off listening to her when she looks like a dyke and whining about this and that about Inoue. She makes it sound like she's obligated to know absolutely everything. It just really pissed me off listening to her trying to pry into the live's where they didn't want to inform her about, for her good.

Darknodin
Thu, 09-27-2007, 07:22 PM
LOL at the Shinigami's Cup... and one kickass episode. I actually enjoyed the beginning with the 1st captain because several times, I was smiling thinking "They are going to HM!!!!" then the captain crushed my hopes with a resounding "NO!". but in the end... they are going to HM!!!!!! (think they'll find allies there? like in SS?)

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-27-2007, 09:33 PM
We definitely need more Tatsuki in this series...

Good ep overall.

anime nomad
Thu, 09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
i ponder when Urahara, will get off his fat behind and do something about his mess. this whole escapade is because of him, yet once again he seems to be sending others to do his dirty work.
it was somewat understandable in the SS arc because he didn't want anything about the sogyuku (sp?) to get out, his presence then, would have drawn closer inspection to rukia.
but man you know Aizen is one sneaky bugger, ever since last episode i've been confused as to why uliqihora allowed Orihime so much time say goodbye. i bet aizen told uloqihora to allow orihime to say goodbye to 1 person, knowing full well that it would result in the captain commander lableing her as a traior and thereby cutting her off from SS aid. that kind of minipulation is so like aizen.

Kraco
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:18 AM
I would've done that to Tatsuki too. I guess I was the only one that got pissed off listening to her when she looks like a dyke and whining about this and that about Inoue. She makes it sound like she's obligated to know absolutely everything. It just really pissed me off listening to her trying to pry into the live's where they didn't want to inform her about, for her good.

Orihime is her best friend. And she began to see the hollows and the fights against them. I think it's somehow natural she's absolutely worried and when there's no trace of Orihime and Ichigo is behaving like that, it gave her even more incentive.

It's not a natural human reaction to just say OK and be content if somebody seemingly with little reason denies you knowledge of something that is of utmost importance to you. In fact it seems like a hostile act.

animus
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
It's not being OK, and content. It's more the fact that he had reason for denying her knowledge. Sure she may have been a close friend, but when she kept pulling at straws by bringing up her past with him and all the times she protected him it just seemed totally arificial. It trivialized their past with her just being annoying and wanting to know something where she didn't need to know. You can't blame Ichigo for now telling her anyways, since he's been in the slumps after Orihime had left, or his protective attitude where he had said "Don't involve yourselves with me anymore", which infact holds true, Since they could be hurt for being near and around him.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
I think we may be starting to over-analyse this...

Kraco
Fri, 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't think a person in Tatsuki's position can really think analytically what might be the prudent and best things to say to Ichigo. Ichigo himself had been absent for a good while, and now suddenly Orihime is as well. I think it was good script writing that Tatsuki pretty much used everything her disarrayed mind could come up with, including those histories. People can do such things under such circumstances.

Penner
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Awesome Shinigami Cup ^^

Also, lol at the old commander geezer, wtf does he think he is, Ichigo going "She's my friend, ill go save her myself." and he just goes "No. we'll need you powers."

I would have told him to shove it, i mean who the hell is he to order Ichigo around like hes under his command, pfft.

Besides what's he gonna do if Ichigo leaves anyway, force him to stay(how that would make him more inclined to help him defend Soul Society i don't know, i'd just get more pissed and refuse to help either way) or kill him, resulting in they not being able to get his help anyway? ;P

Looking forward to some Chad action, don't really like Ishida tho...meh.

Yukimura
Fri, 09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
While Tatsuki does have the requisite lesbian hairdo her concerns are pretty reasonable in her situation. The Inoue she knows is week and timid and vulnerable. Tatsuki on the other hand is a self-styled protector so it's natural for her to be concerned when her charge goes missing for months. She knows that Ichigo knows more than he's telling about what's happened but he's giving her the cold shoulder. From her perspective this doesn't make any sense because she was his close friend and she was always there for him when he was little so she feels she shouldn't be left out.

I don't think she knows anything about hollows or shinigami beyond the fact that Ichigo hops out of his body from time to time and carries around a big sword. Obviously she would think she could help somehow in the absence of any knowledge or first-hand experience in facing how powerless she would be against a hollow. And even if Ichigo told her something she'd still think she could hack it somehow and would try to fight probably getting herself killed in the process.

AngryGumball
Fri, 09-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I vote for more Tatsuki in every episode!

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 03:48 AM
To fuel any discussion: Do you think Tatsuki will barge in Hueco Mundo, despite her uselessness there? (I highly doubt she has developped powers that are badass enough to fight an Espada.. or a decent Hollow for that matter..)
Mizuiro will just run away when he sees Urahara or something..If she goes to HM I doubt that she'll be useless.

I mean, it would be a bit deus ex machina for her to go from 0 to arrancar power level, but its nothing this series hasn't done before.

Besides which, she knows karate. Which means at the very beginning of the series, she was stronger than Ichigo!

I think there's something going on with Ichigo's other friend too...the one with the cell phone. That kid is way to calm all the damn time.

Kraco
Sat, 09-29-2007, 04:30 AM
Besides which, she knows karate. Which means at the very beginning of the series, she was stronger than Ichigo!

I don't think so. Ichigo knows karate (or some other kung-fu) as well, as we have seen numerous times when he fights with his dad. And he's physically a lot stronger, no doubt. In the distant past Tatsuki was stronger without question, but not at the beginning of the series.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Tatsuki would get get massacred, no questions asked. Anything else would render the entire anime, nay the concept of training to get stronger even a little bit but consistantly utterly useless.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, for all we know, Tatsuki has had powers just as long as Inoue and Chad but since they never take her anyplace, maybe she's just been practicing on her own with them.

I'm just saying, they're obviously building her up for something, and I doubt it's to suck.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
That would make a nice change though. Whiny kid whines and whines, only to get smacked up in the end.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I get enough of that in Naruto thanks very much.

Inazuma
Sun, 09-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Bleach got keys to succes but don't let the plot turn out to be " Ichigo & Co goes to an foreign world save the girl "

Deception is around the corner.

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 09-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Ichigo really needs to have more faith in his friends, that part with Tatsuki was really well done but I think he should've trusted her.

And the captain general really needs to stop being a dick, every decision he has made in this series has shown he either doesn't care about his subordinates feelings or doesn't have faith in their fighting abilities. I would forgive that if he had some foresight, but how he handled the whole Aizen fiasco just makes his standing as a leader worse IMO. He's certainly the most pessimistic guy i've ever seen to lead an anime organization :p

Yukimura
Mon, 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
His decisions are those of a good commander though if you think about it. He's not there to pander to the feelings of his underlings, he's there to protect Soul Society. Of course he can't really tell Ichigo what to do, but the others are all under his command and he'd be wasting them if he sent them on a dangerous mission after someone he thinks went with Aizen of their own free will. We saw from the SS invasion arc that non 98% of sub Vice-Captain shinigami are essentially powerless against any opponent stronger than a normal hollow.

SS had around 29 people that might have stood a chance against an Arrancar level opponent when Ichigo showed up in SS (13 captains, 12 Vice-Captains, Ikkaku, Yumichicka (maybe) and the two 13th squad idiots(again, maybe). If you discount the three Ichigo destroyed with 0 effort before the Byakuya fight, the three missing captains, Hinamori, the 12th squad VC, and the 13th squads two idiots you're down to around 19 people that might be able to fight. Toss in Rukia to make an even 20 and their odds still look pretty bleak. In that situation it would be foolish to divide your strength and try to storm the enemies stronghold.

anime nomad
Tue, 10-02-2007, 12:17 AM
wow @ yukimura for that impressive analysis of the fighting strength of SS.

its safe to assume that only a captain could face an espada, thats 13 captains, less the 2 that left with aizen leaves 10 captains VS 10 arrancar, i would like very much to see those battles. but that would leave so many good guys with no one to fight (urahara, yarouchi, ichigos dad...), i suppose they could fight some of the non-espada

AngryGumball
Tue, 10-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Well, for all we know, Tatsuki has had powers just as long as Inoue and Chad but since they never take her anyplace, maybe she's just been practicing on her own with them.

I'm just saying, they're obviously building her up for something, and I doubt it's to suck.

Just seems to be showing how shortsighted these writers are by focusing on the same people every time.

Why can't there be a story line where it changes up either the main characters fully , or it just changes up the back up charcters, for isntance in this latest episode we see chad and ishida be like reintroduced as they set out to save Inoue. I understand they have trained and gotten (susposedly)stronger and we'll see how that develops. It just woulda been nice to shake things up and add new chars to back up Ichigo, for isntance Tatsuki and show something new and develop something new.

Same thing with it always being Hitsugaya, shake things up more Soifong!

Or am I just to wise and smart for anime where i need more than a simple storyline. :P Dear God am I to old for anime and I should just stick with Hentai?

Kraco
Tue, 10-02-2007, 04:54 AM
Or am I just to wise and smart for anime where i need more than a simple storyline. :P Dear God am I to old for anime and I should just stick with Hentai?

This is a traditional shounen series. It's very formulaic by nature. I have no doubt Kubo could write a much more original story, but this is just how it goes in basic shounen stuff. I reckon it's not meant to be watched for originality in the story, characters, or basic setting but in the details (if anything).

Yukimura
Tue, 10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I second Kraco. If you want new characters and deeper story you are not likely to find it in a show like Bleach. Anime/Manga this popular owe a lot of that popularity to being easily accessible and simple so massive numbers of similar people (moder youth for instance) will be more likely to enjoy them. Why does Hitsugaya show up all the time I've asked myself many times? Answer: Because he was voted most popular non-main character in Japan a few times. If you want depth talk to Budweiniken aka Munsu, he can probably point you in the direction of several anime that are deeper and more story driven than Bleach. No one's too old for anime, but it's quite possible you're too old for Shounen.

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-04-2007, 12:32 PM
finally watched this episode today. I really liked it, although I thought it was sorta weak the way Ichigo kept trying to shoulder all the responsibility, especially with Tatsuki. She has a right to know at least what's going on, especially since she's got half a clue already...

I completely agree with Yamamoto's decision to not let his men pursue Inoue, but I don't think he actually has any right to tell Ichigo what to do...

The "go rescue our friend" plot element is in so many animes... ...but I'm more than willing to forgive that repititon because Bleach continues to do a good job with characters, atmosphere, and presentation. Urahara is the man; I wish he were going with them...