PDA

View Full Version : TERRA'S BAND! (this one doesn't suck!)

Terracosmo
Sun, 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Hello everybody! It's been a while hasn't it!

Well then, as some of you remember I had a band a year ago or so. I linked to our demo back then and well it fucking sucked so please just forget you ever heard it. But since a few months back I'm in a new one, called SAI, as many of you probably know and we've finally released our first demo.

I feel a bit bad about being away for so long and then coming here posting this for cheap attention, but the reason why is basically that I've been busy with a lot of shit (mainly musical but also related to work) and I haven't had the time and whatnot to post here as much as I used to do. But I still love you guys and this place and so I naturally also value your opinion. Which is why I'd really like for you guys to comment our music! And if possible also spread it! We'd be ever so thankful!

So without further ado, I present you with the link (http://www.myspace.com/541rock)!

Your friendly neighborhood transvestite (who on the promotional photos for his band looks remarkably masculine), Terra.

UPDATE: We've removed the songs because we're going to re-record the vocals.

mage
Sun, 09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Vast improvement over your previous "music," but this still sounds rather basic. You should recruit a violinist :>

Assassin
Mon, 09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
theres an asian kid named huy in your band? wtf

Kraco
Mon, 09-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Not bad I guess, and much improvement from the earlier band. Though I'm probably the worst music critic. However, one thing that does bother me personally is that in my opinion your vocalist sounds too dispirited. He can sing for sure but maybe you all the other members should kick his ass before the recording so that he would go all out. Unless it's the songs themselves that require such tired performance. If that's the case, you should consider a more metallish song where he can't relax so much.

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-24-2007, 03:57 AM
However, one thing that does bother me personally is that in my opinion your vocalist sounds too dispirited. He can sing for sure but maybe you all the other members should kick his ass before the recording so that he would go all out. Unless it's the songs themselves that require such tired performance. If that's the case, you should consider a more metallish song where he can't relax so much.
Man, this.

It seemed like your singer really didn't want to be there at all. Kind of like he was made to do a Karaoke up on stage at a party when he really didn't want to and now he really just wants to go home. You can tell he's talented, but he's just not even trying. I think Zoe is the only song he sounded halfway decent in, and that wasn't until about halfway through.

Otherwise I think this new band is clearly a vast departure in quality (and obviously style) from your last. I really like your guitar player, he's come up with some good riffs for all 3 songs up there, and I really liked the solos in Trigger and Zoe. Both Trigger and Memories both have some pretty good drum work on your part, Terra. I can tell you've improved. Also lol @ your Asian bass player. Nothing really outstanding, but I like the bass in the intro to Zoe a lot.

You guys sound a lot better than your old band did, and you're clearly pretty talented, but I think I also agree with Q-bert. Your songs just sound kinda same-y and bland at this point. I hope you put out more songs though, that was a pretty good listen.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-24-2007, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the critique guys!

Yeah, we get that vocalist thing a lot. We are pretty disappointed in his work actually. He's 16 and pretty new on the scene and it's too obvious that he's not confident about what he's doing. But it's something that will definitely improve over time as well as our musical diversity!

Thanks for listening and please spread the word if you feel like it :D

UPDATE: We've removed the songs because we're going to re-record the vocals. Stay tuned or something!

mage
Mon, 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
I thought the vocals were the best part.

Terracosmo
Mon, 09-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I thought the vocals were the best part.

Wow. Cool. That certainly makes you unique!

KitKat
Fri, 09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I want to hear! So you kicked your vocalist eh? He was that bad? Find a new one soon, so you can get those songs back up!

Terracosmo
Sat, 09-29-2007, 03:31 AM
I want to hear! So you kicked your vocalist eh? He was that bad? Find a new one soon, so you can get those songs back up!

Yeah he was removed. I'm going to upload the songs to a separate account so that our new vocalist tryouts can listen to them, if you want I can link you there later. :D

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Of course I couldn't resist posting a update since I'm currently bored and spamming the General Discussion forum. So here is one. We kicked the vocalist cuz he sucked. Also we acquired our own studio, owned by a mate of ours!

If you guys haven't you should go check out the Myspace for a sample from an upcoming song (Portrait). The sound is really quite awesome considering that we get to use the studio for free and as much as we want. :D

Foomanchew24
Mon, 12-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Long time no see Terra. The sample for portrait sounded nice, too bad no vocals. Have you had many apply and interveiwed? Second song "unkown" sounded nice but not what I would prefer. How about doing it with some guitars and drums. Anyways keep up the hard work the talent you are surrounding yourself has been improving from where you originally started.

Terracosmo
Mon, 12-24-2007, 01:08 AM
Long time no see Terra. The sample for portrait sounded nice, too bad no vocals. Have you had many apply and interveiwed? Second song "unkown" sounded nice but not what I would prefer. How about doing it with some guitars and drums. Anyways keep up the hard work the talent you are surrounding yourself has been improving from where you originally started.

Hey yo!
During the 4 week or so span since we kicked our vocalist we've had like 5 applicants, none of them have felt completely right though. After the end of this year we'll try 3 more, hopefully one of those will be the one.

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah Unknown isn't really a serious song, it's just an ambient piece one of our guitarists composed which is just there for filler at the moment. :)

And thanks again!

Tohan
Thu, 01-03-2008, 03:36 PM
I can sing for you Terra, but I'm in Norway.