PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 371

thejustin2
Wed, 09-19-2007, 04:56 PM
spoiler pics from manga 371!!!!!

http://saiyanisland.com/371/

i guess this means jiraya know konan. im not sure how this is going to play out. all i know is its going to be awesome!!! and pain looks totally bad ass!!
i wonder if pain uses the bodies of the people he defeats or if its some other weird forbidden jutsu. i cant wait for this manga.

animus
Wed, 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Looks too emo for me to call him cool.

dsh1202
Wed, 09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Pein's new body looks awsome, Jirayia knows Konan?! maybe she's one of his un-named students: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Jiraiyageninteam.jpg she does kinda look like the girl in that pic.., just a theory..

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Maybe she's the unnamed girl who Jiraiya taught along with the forth. It would explain why he knows her. Curious to see what happens when Pein brings on the PAIN!!!!

Yeah, sorry about that couldn't help myself, but like everyone else I'm pretty psyched for this weeks chapter especially if they begin Jiraiya's final throw down.

thejustin2
Wed, 09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
in this one we dont get to see pain fight yet, but konan takes a go at jiraiya. how crazy would that be if pain and konan were both students alongside the fourth. WOW!!

Things are looking good… now all we need to see… is if upon shedding your skin you remain a snake… or a change into a hawk… ‘looking forward to it, Sasuke!

KCMmmmm
Wed, 09-19-2007, 10:04 PM
What about the Sasuke/Itachi confrontation? Think we'll see a little of that spliced in with our JIraiya bits? I'm looking forward to this as well - there's so much great stuff going on at the moment.

If Jiraiya knows Konan, I definitely hope she gets revealed as an obscure yet already existing character, rather than introduced on the spot. I like that kind of plot device, even if it is a bit gimmicky sometimes.

Darthmoe
Wed, 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Pein looks like Deidara in that pic

Idealistic
Wed, 09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
in this one we dont get to see pain fight yet, but konan takes a go at jiraiya. how crazy would that be if they were both students alongside the fourth. WOW!!

Jiraiya was the teacher. Not the student.

But yeah, if he knows Konan then it's very likely that she is that little girl in that picture. One of Jiraiya's students. I wonder what happened to that 3rd guy.

vejita613
Thu, 09-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Jiraiya was the teacher. Not the student.

But yeah, if he knows Konan then it's very likely that she is that little girl in that picture. One of Jiraiya's students. I wonder what happened to that 3rd guy.
I believe he was referring to Pein and Konan being Jiraiyas students.

chet_chetty
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:19 PM
that would be pretty cool if Pein, as leader of Akatsuki, has an agreement with all the members to be able to use their bodies if they die. that has me thinking that the other 5 bodies in those chambers are fallen Akatsuki.

itadakimasu
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Pein looks like Deidara in that pic

exactly what i thought when i saw that..

if pein's partner is jiraiyas student, that would add even more to the current plot that just keeps getting deeper. (no wonder we haven't seen her forehead-protector yet) Cant wait for the scan, although i'm doubting that it will show the sasuke / itachi battle.

dsh1202
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
If it does turn out thay konan is Jirayia's student, there will be so many things that will be needed explained, like why she is working for the akatsuki....

thejustin2
Thu, 09-20-2007, 12:59 PM
when konan says is jiraiya, pain says oh jiraiya sensei in the translation. im not sure if that means they were both his students or what. that is what i was basing that off of
and madara says "Things are looking good… now all we need to see… is if upon shedding your skin you remain a snake… or a change into a hawk… ‘looking forward to it, Sasuke!"

Idealistic
Thu, 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I believe he was referring to Pein and Konan being Jiraiyas students.

I believe he edited his post and if you took time to read the post i quoted, you would see why I said what I said.

And yes, Pain really does look like Deidara in that picture. The hair to be exact.

thejustin2
Thu, 09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
i edited it to make it more clear. sorry about the confusion. i was excited about it. on a lighter note lets all go out for ice cream. i'll buy.
i figured Deidaras body was ripped to shreds in the explosion. although it does have a resemblance i dont think its him

dimitris127
Thu, 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
it's just though something(quite rare for me...lol) what if pein has a copy of each akatsukis member body with some piercings on?crazy huh?

darkshadow
Thu, 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
it's just though something(quite rare for me...lol) what if pein has a copy of each akatsukis member body with some piercings on?crazy huh?

I think a lot of us thought the same thing, but what i found more interesting was, what if all of their abilities are intact too?
That would mean all killed akatsuki up until now would have to be re-fought again, but seeing how pein is using the body, it probably turns them into suped up versions of their former selfs.

Idealistic
Thu, 09-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I think a lot of us thought the same thing, but what i found more interesting was, what if all of their abilities are intact too?
That would mean all killed akatsuki up until now would have to be re-fought again, but seeing how pein is using the body, it probably turns them into suped up versions of their former selfs.

That sounds like megaman... After defeating all the bosses, you get to a level where you have to refight all of them again.

conquistaDan
Thu, 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
thats what I was thinking, yeah.

I thought that since we saw a thing guy and a fat one in the front, and now one that looks like Deidara with piercings. We might actually have to agree with DarkShadow on this one. And seeing as how Pein is controlling them (if he is) then Jiraiya is fucked.

vejita613
Thu, 09-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe he edited his post and if you took time to read the post i quoted, you would see why I said what I said.

And yes, Pain really does look like Deidara in that picture. The hair to be exact.
Actually, I did indeed look at both posts when I made my original comment. You felt that he was referrencing Jiraiya and Konan and posted as such. I, in turn, posted my interpretation of his post. As for his edit, it is obivious that it was done after I had made my original post. As such, both my comment and yours were invalid and should be treated as such without unnecessary snyde remarks.

KCMmmmm
Thu, 09-20-2007, 10:18 PM
I don't want to see Pein use each fallen Akatsuki body. The evidence is definitely pointing in that direction, but I don't want to see the fight drag on that much. Also, I'd rather Pein fought with his own abilities, rather than somebody else's.

Here's a thought: if the body we've been seeing him using, up until now, wasn't his original, then Pein might turn out to be anybody. His true body might turn out to be some old character brought back! Though, I can' think of anybody else with an affinity for piercings.

February
Thu, 09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
im more excited to see the Itachi/Sasuke confrontation! i've been waiting to see it years ago

Assertn
Fri, 09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Nope. That is definitely not Deidara's body. Eyes are narrower and hairstyle is not the same.

You guys speculate too much on the dumb shit.

How about instead, speculate on whether or not Pein was actually the fat kid in the jiraiya-student flashbacks...and if so, why would he be a missing rain-nin?

Mkadoza
Fri, 09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
They are some new spoiler pics, and the two things that I'm eager to see, besides the obvious Pein and Jiraiya/Konan info, is that Narutop and Sasuke meet up and Tobi's monologue. The series is coming to a fever pitch and I cant wait to see what happens.

weakest anbu
Fri, 09-21-2007, 03:27 PM
I am sorry kids...

I predicted this 2 years ago http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9945

ching ching

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Chinese Chapter out in tokyotosho... but since I can't use torrents at the office... bleh...
And mangahelpers usually ignore the chinese chapters and wait for the real raws...

toonice714
Fri, 09-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Go naruto!! interfere w/sasuke and itachi's fight then finish em' both w/shin oodama RASENGAN!!!!! lol. Anyways this chapter should be AWESOME!!!!! cant wait for the uchiha madara explination. I'm dying to see if the tengu theory is right at this point. That would be cool. Also i want that explination to be really sound because his name was dropped randomly in talks w/the kyubi. Now he is the source of all evil right now. Anyways........where's kabuchimaru? where's the suigetsu, juggo, karin, kiba, hinata, and shino development?? i mean WTF!!!!

end rant......

Idealistic
Fri, 09-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Anyways........where's kabuchimaru? where's the suigetsu, juggo, karin, kiba, hinata, and shino development?? i mean WTF!!!!

end rant......

Wow... Just wow.. Kabuchimaru is by far the best fusion name.

And yeah, I want to see all those other characters development too... But then it's getting too interesting right now so screw them!

Assertn
Fri, 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I am sorry kids...

I predicted this 2 years ago http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=9945

ching ching

Ha...interesting....but I'm still reserving judgement on the Pein / fat kid connection until more info comes. Now if you had emphasized the girl in the team....then I'd have to give you mad props.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
HOLY SHIT!
Pain calls Jiraiya... Jiraiya-sensei!

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=26712&name=Naruto%20371%5BNinjaBuzz%5D.zip.torrent
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hd2gdj

Idealistic
Fri, 09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
HOLY SHIT!
Pain calls Jiraiya... Jiraiya-sensei!

http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=26712&name=Naruto%20371%5BNinjaBuzz%5D.zip.torrent
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hd2gdj

OMG YOU ARE SO COOL! been waiting all day for this shit...

Wow... So Jiraiya is Pain's sensei eh? I guess Pain must be that boy and Konan is that girl? How did Pain and Konan end up turning evil and Minato(was that the 4th's name?) became the 4th? Pain must have went evil and Konan followed him cuz she loved him?

Naruto(the character, not the show) is 1337 now. He has his own Sharingan/Byakugan.

And it does indeed look like Pain is using Deidara's body. Pain must be like Bruce Lee and takes the form of water! He morphs inside other people's body and can use their bloodlines.

I'm really starting to believe Tsunade will pop in and take on Konan while Jiraiya finds Pain.

conquistaDan
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow

Nice find RyougaZell. Props on that one

KCMmmmm
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
OMGNaruto(the character, not the show) is 1337 now. He has his own Sharingan/Byakugan.

What the hell are you talking about?

Anyway, was Jiraiya hiding in the shadow of the clone of his captive? If it was an ordinary transformation, he would have been captured by the paper-jutsu, right? Weird, but finally, we will see JIraiya at full power. I can't wait! Damn good chapter!

Also....Sasuke using Chidori on the Naruto clone was stupid. Karin had already told him that there were a bunch of people with the same chakra....and upon seeing Naruto, he should have realized it was a clone. Why waste so much chakra on a clone (which would have been destroyed with any normal attack), when he is racing to battle Itachi - an elite ninja? You're a dolt, Sasuke!

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks RyougaZell. You rock, man.

weakest anbu
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Ha...interesting....but I'm still reserving judgement on the Pein / fat kid connection until more info comes. Now if you had emphasized the girl in the team....then I'd have to give you mad props.

Pein used "Jiraiya sensei" directly so unless Kishi forgot about the 2 kids next to 4th in that flash back pic... its safe to say that fat kid = Pein.

Also 2 years ago I didnt just randomly pick a kid and say he is in akatsuki, i gave my reasons~~~

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=193858&postcount=4

dsh1202
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Its going to be interesting to know what turned konan and pein evil (if they are in fact jirayai's students). and they should devolope the other characters more, its almost like they completely just like forgot about them for the last couple chapters. and the whole thing with tobi/madara? its going to be interesting to see how that goes

Idealistic
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:47 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm just saying, his clones are sort of like his own eye bloodline, but it's just with clones. With his clones he's able to tell how his enemy's fighting patterns are like so he can easily counter. I related that part to the Sharingan. Naruto can detect where people are with his clones so it's like the Byakugan as well to be able to see into the distant minus the chakra stuff.

Assuming that the Tengu theory stuff is correct, there must be a reason why Kishi made Tobi/Madara with only 1 eye showing. The left eye must have Byakugan. =O

dsh1202
Fri, 09-21-2007, 08:51 PM
how awsome would it be if tobi had a sharigan and a byakugan, thats like the perfect blood line limit

Yukimura
Fri, 09-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Okay if Pein and Konan turn out to be the other two members of Jiraiya and the Fourths three man team it would makes Jiraiays team a little bit too much like Team 7 for my tastes. You'd have the golden haired kid, the other guy, and then the girl who likes the other guy. Then the other guy would have turned on the village for some reason, likely to the dismay of the the golden haired kid. The only difference in this case would be that the girls obsession with the other guy was strong enough to make her follow him instead of trying to stop him. I hope he fleshes them out more and makes their circumstances more unique.

KCMmmmm
Fri, 09-21-2007, 10:01 PM
how awsome would it be if tobi had a sharigan and a byakugan, thats like the perfect blood line limit

Remember Hyuuga Uchiha Steve?

animus
Fri, 09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay if Pein and Konan turn out to be the other two members of Jiraiya and the Fourths three man team it would makes Jiraiays team a little bit too much like Team 7 for my tastes. You'd have the golden haired kid, the other guy, and then the girl who likes the other guy. Then the other guy would have turned on the village for some reason, likely to the dismay of the the golden haired kid. The only difference in this case would be that the girls obsession with the other guy was strong enough to make her follow him instead of trying to stop him. I hope he fleshes them out more and makes their circumstances more unique.

You know this is Naruto right...? The Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Tsunade follows that. As well as the Kakashi, Obito and Rin was it? And if this one is true it'll be Minato, Pein, and Kanon. It's just another pebble in the cesspool of Naruto shounen cliches. Sandaime's group of 3 probably was like that too.

Anyways, if Pein indeed was his student isn't a bit odd that Jiraiya doesn't recognize the name but recognizes Kanon's just from seeing her face? Maybe he got a name change? Or maybe Pein just uses the sensei honorific because he was a student in another group not being trained by Jiraiya? Though, it's not very likely. We'll have to wait and see for more details I guess. Hopefully we'll get to see an amazing fight from Jiraiya with his uniquity and odd arsenal of jutsus.

Knives122
Fri, 09-21-2007, 11:23 PM
Who's to say that Pein didn't change his name? Most stupid villains do that anyway.

Psyke
Fri, 09-21-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm still downloading the chapter, but I'd like to point out that you don't need to be one's student to refer to him/her as 'sensei'. It refers mainly to respect to the other party's reputation, occupation, or seniority.

Doctors, teachers, and perhaps some other occupations are always refered to as 'sensei' in Japan.

fahoumh
Fri, 09-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm still downloading the chapter, but I'd like to point out that you don't need to be one's student to refer to him/her as 'sensei'. It refers mainly to respect to the other party's reputation, occupation, or seniority.

Doctors, teachers, and perhaps some other occupations are always refered to as 'sensei' in Japan.
QFT...I'm almost 100% certain Naruto has addressed other jounins like Asuma and Gai with the sensei honorific. If Konan was indeed Jiraiya's student then it's not too far-fetched to assume Pein would also refer to Jiraiya as sensei even if he wasn't Jiraiya' student.

EDIT: Although, Pein did say he "hold[s] no more love for him"

KCMmmmm
Sat, 09-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Psyche has kind of proven himself the Japanese pro around here, and (once again) he's absolutely right. Those name suffixes aren't nearly as selective as you might think. Rather, they are quite flexible.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Nope. That is definitely not Deidara's body. Eyes are narrower and hairstyle is not the same.

You guys speculate too much on the dumb shit.

How about instead, speculate on whether or not Pein was actually the fat kid in the jiraiya-student flashbacks...and if so, why would he be a missing rain-nin?

Because that's not his body or head band. He stole a rain-nin's body, infiltrated the rain, and became their military leader. Unless Jiraiya was a doctor at some point, Pein was clearly his student.

Psyche has kind of proven himself the Japanese pro around here, and (once again) he's absolutely right. Those name suffixes aren't nearly as selective as you might think. Rather, they are quite flexible.

Regardless, when Konan asks what to do, Pein replies "Kill him, obviously. I no longer hold love for him." Jiraiya is clearly not gay. He had no kids. So either Pein is his brother or an old student. When taken together with the honorific, a pretty good case for him being a student is made.

Also, Jiraiya's toad silhouette was fucking cool.

February
Sat, 09-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Although I agree that Sasuke wasted chakra using chidori on an obvious Naruto bunshin, it was crazy that he just disregarded Naruto in a split second. It makes you enjoy Sasuke's badass-ness more but I feel sorry for Naruto. I would feel like shit if a "best friend" whom I haven't seen for year(s)? would pierce me with chidori at the first sight of me.

And..ahh...Jiraiya's technique seems to use some kind of shadow manipulation...it was very unique jutsu =)

Pein seems to be able to access different bodys, he looks like a good potential villian and an amazing shinobi. Student isn't the only option for the relationship between Jiraiya + Konan, maybe he helped them out years ago through some heart breaking incident. But I also agree with most of the posts here that think the they are his students

animus
Sat, 09-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Maybe Pein was a huge fan of Jiraiya's ero books and was a disciple of ero-manga/book writing at one point, where he surpassed Jiraiya and thus holds no more love for him.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Forget the Pain storyline, I liked Naruto seeing Sasuke and Sasuke ending him! That was sweet, Would have been cooler had it been the real Naruto though! I wonder what Sasuke would have done then!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Maybe those earings are the true 'mind' of Payne? he carries his own sould around and switchs in between bodies, like Sasori, in a way.

Kyle_A
Sat, 09-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Maybe pein is jiraiya's son?

itadakimasu
Sat, 09-22-2007, 02:49 PM
This chapter makes me wish I had the patience to wait a couple months before reading naruto... when i first read naruto there were 200+ chapters so I would just read one after the other. It seems that there is at least one new element added to the already insane plot every chapter.

I didnt expect for naruto to find sasuke and then tobi is still out watching everybody. tsunade showing up to help jiraiya i think could happen since i dont think any of the other leaf ninja are very close to where jiraiya is.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
And..ahh...Jiraiya's technique seems to use some kind of shadow manipulation...it was very unique jutsu =)

I think it's actually some kind of paper jutsu. It looks like he's flat as a sheet of paper and peeling off of the clone's shadow like a sticker. http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/371/16/

Obviously, this is just a hypothesis, but I think the idea behind the jutsu is to 1) make a bunshin or kage bunshin, 2) turn into a sheet of paper, 3) hide in the clone's shadow (with appropriate camouflage)

If true, this supports the idea that Konan, and probably Pein, were his students.

joker-kun
Sat, 09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
My guess, much like half the other people's is Konan is part of the 4th's team and Pain probably is too (explains why they're partners, they became ninjas as partners). As for the reason of Pain's headband, maybe the body we originally seen him in isn't his real body but that of a rain ninja. Whatever way this is just getting more and more intense. It all akes sense too that these ninjas would mostly be from Konoha considering it looks like the mastermind behind it all is (Madara).

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Awesome plot development.

You know what... if they are pulling out a legendary Sharingan user, I'm saying the way the plot is twisting and turning here we may even get a legendary Byakugan user thrown in to the fray. Otherwise the series would just be too heavily biased in favour of the l337 bloodline.

Idealistic
Sat, 09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
My guess, much like half the other people's is Konan is part of the 4th's team and Pain probably is too (explains why they're partners, they became ninjas as partners). As for the reason of Pain's headband, maybe the body we originally seen him in isn't his real body but that of a rain ninja. Whatever way this is just getting more and more intense. It all akes sense too that these ninjas would mostly be from Konoha considering it looks like the mastermind behind it all is (Madara).

Yeah, maybe the Pain we have seen so far isn't his real self. Perhaps that's the body of the guy he defeated..... You know, the guy that gave the Sannins their name. Forgot that guy's name. He was from the rain village right?

Idealistic
Sat, 09-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Yeah, maybe the Pain we have seen so far isn't his real self. Perhaps that's the body of the guy he defeated..... You know, the guy that gave the Sannins their name. Forgot that guy's name. He was from the rain village right?

What if the rain that Pain uses to detect intruders were a skill or bloodline of Hanzou?

What if Pain really does transfer himself from body to body and allows him the use of other people's techniques? Something similar to what Oro tried to do, but failed.

conquistaDan
Sat, 09-22-2007, 08:37 PM

his name was Hanzou

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-23-2007, 06:04 AM
I'm betting that Sasuke and Naruto will both meet up with Itachi now, with some of Naruto's team taking on the rest of Hebi.

February
Sun, 09-23-2007, 09:43 AM
i kinda wished for a plain sasuke vs itachi confrontation. its gonna be chaotic with so many people...

EDIT: Damn you Naruto!!!

joker-kun
Sun, 09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
I still want to know what itachi was going to tell Naruto before he went and seen Sasuke in the cave. He never ended up telling him did he?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Nope, and that's why I think that when Itachi finally does spill the beans about what is really going on, both Naruto and Sasuke will be present.

Interesting possibility of a three man team of Itachi, Sasuke and Naruto.

kAi
Sun, 09-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Maybe Pain is wearing a fake headband, to make it look like he is from the village.

Man, this upcoming battle with Jiraiya v Konan and Pain is going to be good and just as crazy as the last characters with the plot also.

I hope Jiraiya can get past this, I don't want him dying.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Just because you wear the headband doesnt mean that you were born there. In most cases it is probable. But I am sure that someone could leave one village and live in another, and then Cut threw the headband of their current village when they are drafted into the Akatsuki

And Yeah, no dying Jiraiya!

rockmanj
Wed, 09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Hmmm...I know Assertn is vehemently against this, but i also think that the body might belong to Deidara, even though it looks a bit different. IT could be possible that whatever technique he uses distorts the appearance (nothing you couldnt fix with Henge no jutsu)..but who knows; im sure we'll find out soon.

grrbrr
Thu, 09-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Deidara blew up into tiny little pieces.

I think Pein is most likely using the host bodies they have kept while capturing the tailed beasts.

Pein is probably a woman as well since he/she can change bodies.

Abdula
Thu, 09-27-2007, 03:08 PM
grrbrr's theory makes sense.

Since they have captured 7 Bijuu I believe at this point and the Sanbi didn't have a host and we all know Gaara got away so the numbers add up 5 jinchuriki + his original body.

The fallen Akatsuki doesn't make sense since Deidara was blown to bits, Hidan is buried and Kakuzu's body is in the leaf village and Sasori didn't have one to begin with in the first place.

KCMmmmm
Thu, 09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
There is, of course, a chance that this is merely a transformation jutsu.

But I doubt it.