PDA

View Full Version : TV: K-Ville

Munsu
Mon, 09-17-2007, 06:21 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5873/kville1pl6.jpg

Series premieres tonight on FOX at 9pm after the premiere of Prison Break. Notable actor is Anthony Anderson (Romeo Must Die, Malibu's Most Wanted).

Here's a 3 minute trailer:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qAz81Rgg1k

Looks alright so far. Don't know what direction they are going with the show. I don't like the setting being the aftermath of Katrina, but with all the chaos I think they can make it work, hopefully The Shield style.

It's been two years since Hurricane Katrina ravaged New Orleans and a select few still remain at the NOPD. These special cops are bound and determined to bring back the life to New Orleans, otherwise known to most as K-Ville (Katrinaville), and clean up the crime and damage that still remains.

Marlin Boulet, a veteran of the NOPD's Felony Action Squad, was left stranded in the waters by his partner, but still attempted to keep some little bit of order to all the chaos that was going on during the hurricane. He now has a new partner with ulterior motives, Trevor Cobb, who is fresh back from a tour of duty in Afghanistan. Together the two work the streets of New Orleans, trying to make it a better place. Helping them on their crusade are fellow officers Jeff Gooden, Captain James Embry, Billy Faust, and the lone female officer, Ginger LeBeau.

K-Ville was shot on location in New Orleans. Jonathan Lisco, the series writer and executive producer, toured parts of New Orleans with actual New Orleans Police Officers before writing the pilot in hopes of making the series as real as possible.

TwisT
Fri, 09-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Episode 2 has been released.

I liked this show. Although i got hugely disappointed at first because i love Anthony Anderson. I think he's hilarious. So of course i had high hopes that the jokes was going to hail down. But no jokes. They are completely serious. But after the disappointment had settled down i found it to be above average. So i will for one continue watching it.

For it to work i think you have to watch it with no expectations at all. That way you cant be disappointed when it don't turn out the way you wanted.