PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Hitman

Munsu
Fri, 09-14-2007, 02:47 AM
I've never played the game, but this looks like kickass movie. It stars Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood, Live Free or Die Hard) as Agent 47. I think he'll do great.

Here's an interview with Timothy, and it includes a bit of info on Deadwood for those interested:
http://www.tv.com/story/10172.html

A gun-for-hire known only as Agent 47 (Olyphant) is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Eastern Europe. hired by a group known as "The Agency" to kill targets for cash.

This page has some trailers:
http://www.filmspot.com/movie/363577/hitman/index.html

BurnHavoc
Sat, 12-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Not too bad. Pleny of awesome action, really hot chick + boobs n ass. Pretty quiet main character. Felt like a classy version of Crank with a bit of first Bourne movie style thrown in.

In terms of a game->movie transition, I actually don't mind this one. And for the most part, it ISN'T Uwe Boll so it's bound to be better than, say, Dungeon Siege or Postal.

So, mediocre game->movie transitions, yay or nay? As fun as Hitman is, I don't think anyone got so obsessed with the game that they'd want a direct translation of any kind (yay repetative killing! Actually, theres alot of that in the movie... hrmm)

Abdula
Sun, 12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
As fun as Hitman is, I don't think anyone got so obsessed with the game that they'd want a direct translation of any kind (yay repetative killing! Actually, theres alot of that in the movie... hrmm)

Well, well, well. Proves you're wrong. I watched this movie about a week ago, I forgot to bitch about it in the bicthing thread but this one will do. From all the hype about the movie and the trailers I saw i was expecting it to be a bit more like the games were but I should have known better. The movie itself was okay it just really didn't have much to do with the game, my main bitch about the movie was how they butchered 47's character but that is to be expected since most of the people who worked on the movie had never even played the games. Anyway it was an okay movie just didn't resemble the games at all, I'd say its similar to the Resident Evil movies.

BurnHavoc
Sun, 12-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm consistantly proven wrong, no worries. Talking out of my ass is my specality.

I guess this just goes to show how little hope I have for a game actually becomming a proper game->movie movie, I'm willing to accept whatever comes by as a movie on it's own.

I think I broke when they did the I, Robot book->movie tranition and pissed all over Asimov's grave, then deficated in the mouth of every person who's ever read one of his books. Now I'm willing to settle :/

Genma
Sun, 12-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I thought it was mediocre at best. Every character/actor surrounding Agent 47 was decent or better, but Timothy Olyphant really flopped on this one. For some reason his character seemed so unbelievable... and the bald head wasn't his look at all, cause he looked like an alien. (plus I hate his acting)

The only redeeming quality of the movie was when blood spattered from bodies. I honestly don't think the Hitman games can be translated on to the big screen very well, and I'd give it a 6.5~7/10.

Abdula
Sun, 12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I think I broke when they did the I, Robot book->movie tranition and pissed all over Asimov's grave, then deficated in the mouth of every person who's ever read one of his books. Now I'm willing to settle :/

Wow, you really took it hard huh.

Timothy Olyphant really flopped on this one. For some reason his character seemed so unbelievable... and the bald head wasn't his look at all, cause he looked like an alien. (plus I hate his acting)

I think you should say that one more time. You would think that someone working on the movie would've had enough nerve to tell him.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 12-03-2007, 01:33 AM
well, i expected 47 to be more sneakier, but all he does is jump in and blow the shit out of everyone, and the plot was actually really confusing