PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2007-2008 Season

Munsu
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:38 AM
So the offseason has been full of piece of shit stories. The abundance of Vick and his puppies and Pac Man and his Wrestling, but now finally the season has started. But now we have the Pats "spying" on other teams, which I find absurd.

All that crap aside, the season finally started so who are your picks to go all the way? As always, I pick the Dolphins, but they always dissapoint. But don't sleep on them, don't discount what having a decent/good quarterback can do for them, especially if they bring their defense as usual. A decent offense might just be what they need.

The Pats, which I hate, have a strong team with Moss bringing it, and the Colts they still have Payton, so there'll always be at the top. Some are saying that the Saints are a team to watch out for, but I got my eyes on the Bengals. If they settle down on defense, they can be a very powerful team.

So who's your pick?

python862
Fri, 09-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Eh, I go for Denver... Their defense has almost always been solid, and with the additions of Lynch and Rice from Tampa these past few years, it's only gotten better. To be honest with you, I just don't like Cutler. I have nothing against his skills, just him. The offense on the whole, though is great, and Javon Walker, picked up last year was a great match for us.

All in all, I'm looking for a couple of playoff wins for this group.

NEXT!

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm a Buffalo Bills fan. And that means every football season is like sheer torture.

I don't know if there's a place I can find it, but I think they've had the most games in the last four years where they lose on the last play of the game... And that game against Denver was exactly that... I blame J.P.. He's a good athlete, but he's a fucking idiot and makes lots of bad decisions. Marshawn Lynch is going to be everything.

Injuries... christ... let's see: Starting FS? IR. Starting CB? IR. Backup TE? (you've probably been seeing alot of him in the sports news recently, his name is Kevin Everett) IR. Add that to two of our DEs and one WLB being out and you have me screaming my head off this coming Sunday when they play in Pittsburgh....

Everyone takes the Bills for granted, like the Broncos, but moreso. The Bills almost never get blown out, and they really are the second best team in the AFC East (I know you're going to love that, Munsu). They play like madmen because they're sick of nobody respecting them and knowing who they are.

I hate the Pats. I told my friend years ago that I thought something funny was going on, and I think they should be punished to the moon for getting caught cheating.

Well, although I'd imagine this thread dies out by week 4, anyone else watch football?

rockmanj
Sun, 09-16-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm a big Eagles fan, and i have well...not high hopes, but McNabb isnt looking too bad. They just have to learn how to hang on to the freaking ball...And im not sure about the addition of Takeo Spikes. Yea, he's a good player, but he seems to make teams worse. I think this might be last deep playoff run for Reid and Mcnabb, so im hoping they can make it there.

Also, i hate the Pats, and i'm with python on the Cutler thing...You know, there was some like rapist with that last name or something? Coincidence?? I think not...

python862
Wed, 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, of the teams listed here, their records stand:

Patriots: 2-0
Dolphins: 0-2
Broncos: 2-0
Bills: 0-2
Eagles: 0-2

Now, with the mention of the last team, and with recent goings-on, one begs to ask the question: what the hell does Donovan McNabb think he's doing? He won't make anything better with his whining and moaning... "We have to do more" my ass. The only reason you have to do more is because you constantly outshine white QBs anyway, and that sets a high standard for other players in the league.

Anyone is welcome to take a potshot at me for this, so have at me if you feel differently.

masamuneehs
Wed, 09-19-2007, 10:52 PM
i agree that McNabb isn't doing enough, but the WRs need to start playing football for Philly. Westbrook can not be an eleven man offense, even though he's worth more than almost six players.

The Giants suck balls at defense. The Cowboys stealing the NFC East? I didn't think Romo was for real, but he looks like it after all... Washington could run for Wild Card.

AFC East belongs to the Pats... ... unless Buffalo manages the miraculous and makes either one of their big WRs or Brady suffer this coming Sunday. Go Bills!

Speaking of the Bills, I don't know what has happened to Lee Evans. It's like he's disappeared... But I blame Losman. Well, I don't think the line is doing their work, and honestly, that is where football is won and lost, and he doesn't look comfortable ever... Marshawn Lynch, if he doesn't get in trouble off the field, is an All-Proer for years to come. Also watch for Trent Edwards.

I'm glad the Pats got docked. Those lines Belichick fed the media are BS. They were using that shit to spy on the other teams, and they got caught doing it. I think others do it too; but i'm glad those who got caught got docked.

Chargers and Bears falling apart? I don't think so. I think it's going to be between Indy and the Pats in the AFC Conference Final, and the winner of that is the Champ... The NFC looks weak this year... unless San Fran's defense continues its sickness.

python862
Thu, 09-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Yeah, about Belichick and the Pats getting penalized, I'ma love Commish Goodell for a long long time.

Obvious personal bias prevents me from liking them, but the bolts from the bay are an excellent team. BUT! Take away their LT, and what do you have? Not much at all. Take Tomlinson from the equation, and then you take away their offense. The Chargers use LT to score just as much as they use him to free up the pressure on the passing game, and without him, they have to go more for the air, without so much reliability set in stone in the running game. Sure, there are viable replacements for him, but only three come to mind that could fit easily, and they're sitting pretty in their own teams.

1) Larry Johnson - Probably the best fit, and could most likely be the quickest at adapting to the offense. Has great vision, a nice explosion out of the hole, and, with adequate blocking, can take off down the field at any time.

2) Clinton Portis - Big game back, strong runner, but doesn't seem to have the vision that LT and LJ share. Fast, fast, fast. Very dangerous in the open field, but limited for inside-the-pocket running.

3) Samkon Gado - Yes, I know, a second-year back, who doesn't get much playing time. But, from what I've seen of him in Green Bay from 2006, I feel he could be the future back for a good team in later years, if he gets some exposure.

Three very good options that SD could use, should LT be taken out, retire, whatnot. But, that leaves us with the passing game. Sure, Gates can hold his own, and Rivers seems to be on the ball so far in his career, but can Rivers show that he can keep up a good show for a good 4-5 years down the stretch? I leave that one to you.

Edit: If you'd like a rundown of your favorite team, just ask, give me a Sunday to watch one of their games, and I'll get back to you.

Munsu
Thu, 09-20-2007, 06:43 AM
Fucking Trent Green has been horrible. The Dolphin's pass protection doesn't help, but damnit he's throwing like a girl sometimes.

Idealistic
Thu, 09-20-2007, 01:58 PM
New England for life!!! lol...

But damn, Carson Palmer had a monster game this past weekend.... Scoring me 86 pts in my fantasy league. WhooOOoO!

But yeah, New England should definitely make it to the super bowl again. Their only obstacle.... Is probably only the colts. Their team is just so stacked! Saw Moss at training camp and he was phenomenal. And of course, he was also phenomenal in the last 2 games.

Pats baby! Pats!!!

Abdula
Wed, 10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
This thread really needs some new life, this is one of the most exciting seasons ever. Although I could just be on a high because all my teams are doing so good. My two favs are still undefeated and looking to that match up on Sunday and a possible rematch for the AFC Championship and although the Jets are really disappointing, The Giants are looking really good so if things work out they will be on top the NFC with the Packers no offense to Romo so 4 of my 5 teams are really looking unstoppable.

I can't believe the college thread only got 2 posts although it really shouldn't be a surprise.

masamuneehs
Wed, 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM
could you please explain how the hell you have five teams you root for? Like, who are you going to cheer for when the Pats play the Colts? If the Giants meet the Packers in the playoffs, who would you root for?

I understand liking other players, maybe even being fond of other teams and coaches... I can watch games where my team isn't playing, but I'd never watch any other game if my team was playing...

Well... moving on:

The Pats running up the score?
I hate the Patriots, I do. But I thought it was laughable that they were being accused of running up the score... that is, until this week. They might have beat up on the Dolphins, but the Fins scored some late in the game to make New England want to understandably open up the lead more.

But when a game is 38-0 and it's almost the end of the 3rd Quarter, you are just a fucking retard to put your star quarterback out there. You're putting him in against a team that has been beaten and insulted, and they're lucky one of the Redskins didn't just go renegade. Fake spike before half time is something you'd like to reserve for desperate teams, not an undefeated one. But going for it on 4th down TWICE in the 4th Quarter when you have a 45 point lead is running up the score, there is no question about it.

It's a patheticly egotistical gesture. You already have the best record in football so far. You've won 3 Bowls in the past couple years. Everyone knows you're good. They can see how well you play by how you dominate early. You're only trying to piss people off and maybe stoke your own ego when you decide to run up the score like that. I can see a team like the dolphins or Rams, when they finally win a game, running up the score then. It'd still not be sporting, but I can understand a team that's been shat on all season getting pissed and doing it to someone else for a change. But when you're undefeated, there is no reason to do what Belichick's been doing.

The first NFL game in Europe
Jesus Christ was it boring. Dolphins really are soft against the run. Neither team had anything going in the passing game. I laughed when the fans booed at the end of the game. The announcers said it was because they didn't understand why the winning team was taking a knee, but I think it was cuz they paid 80 pounds to watch a terrible football game... Also, they kept going on about how this was some kind of great expansion, but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the people in the stands were Americans living in England...

The best QB in the league right now is...
Derek Anderson. Yes, I said it. I've seen the numbers Brady is putting up. I've seen Favre's re-emergence. I've seen that Manning appears in almost every commercial ever. But I evaluate players based on what they have to go up against and what they produce with the team they have. Anderson does not have the best line in football. He doesn't have a good coah. He doesn't even have a decent running game to take the focus off of him. He has young receivers and puts up nasty numbers on a team that everyone thought would suck monkey balls this year. Even if you don't agree that he's better than Brady, you've got to be impressed with how he's turned that team around and made them into contenders.

Because I care about the Bills
I know they swept the season series with the Jets this Sunday, but that game had me frozen in fear at two points: when MArshawn Lynch and Trent Edwards went out temporarily with injuries. Lynch came back, and fought hard all game long even though his hip was obviously hurting him. But JP Losman, the dumbest piece of shit to ever throw the ball in Buffalo, is now back at the starter's job because Edwards has a hurt wrist.

Now, I've noticed one thing about the media coverage of Buffalo: nobody talking on the TV or writing the basic columns seems to actually have watched the game with any kind of scrutiny. Only Peter King seems to notice that the TD pass Losman threw to Lee Evans, which broke the game open against the Jets, was a horrible, horrible sitting duck that was only caught because Lee Evans is sick in the head and the Jets safety came over the top, crashing into his teammate and ruining both their chances for getting the INT. Losman was decent on a few other plays, but I'm still worried he's going to be picked apart by any team with a confusing blitz scheme...

Also, John DiGiorgio is my personal hero. That guy plays linebacker like something out of a movie, and he's undersized and completely unknown. The Bills defense is amazing considering they lost 3 starting defenders for the season (J. Webster CB, Ko Simpson FS, Paul Posluszny MLB), had backups injured, and lost Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, and Nate Clements (all starters) in free agency. It's going to be a hell of a test this week against Cinnci.

Abdula
Thu, 11-01-2007, 02:22 PM
The Giants and the Colts are the teams I route for above all else obvious common denominator.

I agree with you about the Pats running up the score but if it was me I would too, Tom Brady left the Dolphins game but came back in after Cassel got intercepted which didn't make sense because there was absolutely no chance of them coming back but whatever and Brady didn't finish the Redskins game it was Cassel, he actually ran for a touchdown if I remember correctly.

I completely agree with you about the game in Europe it was absolute crap but I stuck with it only because the Giants were playing.

The Best quarterback in the League is not really an argument anyone can win. I think a good team makes a good QB, I don’t think Anderson is the best right now but I definitely give him credit, he is doing a lot with a little and actually giving the Browns a chance we’ll see what happens when they take on the Seahawks.

What can I say about the Bills, this season has been tragic so far, hopefully they can beat the Bengals and string 3 wins together because they really deserve to get something out of this season, The lack of performance by the Jets and the Dolphins seem to be to only break they are going to get and if Edwards is gone and Losman has to carry the team then this season is already over for them.

Why are you so angry?

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-01-2007, 02:44 PM
With the amazing season they had last year, the Chargers have almost brought me to tears this season. How could they have gone from 14-2 in 2006 to 1-3 at the beginning of this season????? Well at least now they are 4-3 now and sad as that is, they are tied for 1st place in AFC West, so at least there is some glimer of hope.

Well all i can say keep this up and my Faith in this team will be resorted.

Go SD!!

itadakimasu
Thu, 11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
What is this NFL you people are talking about?

really though... I could care less about pro sports. I find the concept of fan-dom to be very inane when it comes to sports. you cheer for a team why? because they happen to plan in the state you live in? you like that the player can score more than other players? i just find the idea of latching onto a team and cheering for a team in most cases to seem very pointless.

This is not as much the case i guess w\ college teams since most of their fans go there or are alumni.... those are my 2 cents.

Abdula
Thu, 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't root for a team simply because I live in the state or because they can score, I root for teams I like, win-loss records, scoring and whether I live in the state are not doesn't influence anything. I don't know why you bothered to post in this thread if you loathe pro sports as much as you claim. Your 2 cents are very much unappreciated.

@BladeChild
The Chargers should easily defeat the Vikings this week although I expect both teams to have a great ground game. SD +7

masamuneehs
Thu, 11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
well, i do enjoy the revival of this conversation, but i'd like to move on to something different this weke: spreads.

As I am unemployed, betting on the spreads provides me with a source of income. In short, you bet not only on which team will win the game, but if the 'favorite' can score a certain amounf more than the 'underdog'. That number is the spread.

Arizona vs Tampa Bay (Tampa +3.5)
A game I don't want to bet on, but have to in my 'best of all' groups... Both these teams are flaky as hell, and Tampa has lost two in a row with Garcia finally looking bad in the last one. But Tampa has a solid defense and Kurt Warner is hurting...
Masa's taking: Tampa, but don't be surprised if they win and don't break the spread...

Denver vs Detroit (Denver +3)
Detroit is for real. They are starting to run the ball more (gashed da Bears last week) and they have an excellent passing game. Denver is struggling to get consistency out of Jay Cutler, and teams preparing to stop their running attack will win. This game being in Detroit makes me wonder why the spread isn't higher.
Masa's Taking: Detroit

Carolina vs Tennessee (Tenessee + 4)
A potential trap... Carolina did get blown out by Indy last week, but they stuck with them for awhile. Vince Young was positively horrible last week, and I guarantee they won't be able to run the ball on Carolina like they did against the Raiders. How well players have recovered from injuries will decide this one. Titans have been getting points from field goals and not TDs, but they play at home and have a solid defense... I strongly feel that they'll win. Something tells me picking them to beat the spread is much more questionable, but...
Masa's taking: Tennessee

Green Bay vs Kansas City (Kansas City +2)
At first glance the spread here looks wrong. KC struggled early on, Favre's been playing hero as of late, and the KC offense still isn't much to write home about. But KC is at home where they play very well. Green Bay lost DeShawn Wynn, who I believe to be their most talented RB option, last week, and he's out for the rest of the season. KC's defense has been stout as hell recently. But one seemingly insignificant thing makes up my mind on this game: Brett Favre has beaten every team in the NFL except for Kansas City. And that's exactly why-
Masa's Taking: Green Bay

San Diego vs Minnesota (San Diego +7)
The Chargers absolutely raped fools last week. Minnesota still isn't utilizing Adrian Peterson to his full extent. I have no idea who their quarterback is. Seven is a wide margin to bet on, especially for a team going on the road that really didn't live up to expectations this early on this year. But LT and the Chargers D make picking Minnesota sound crazy.
Masa's Taking: San Diego

Jacksonville vs New Orleans (Saints + 3)
Quinn Gray won his first NFL start for the Jags, and the Jags have a brutal running game. The Saints aren't as physical on defense. It's in New Orleans, and maybe the Saints recapture some of their magic from last year, but...
Masa's taking: Jacksonville

San Fransisco vs Atlanta (Atlanta + 3.5)
Wow, one of these teams has to win? All I really know about them is that Frank Gore is hurting, Vicklicious' departure has sapped the Falcons, and San Fran sucks at scoring. I expect a boring, boring game that is decided with special teams and maybe a pivotal turnover.
Masa's Taking: San Fransisco

Washington at New York Jets (Washington +3.5)
Kellen Clemens gets the start and revitalizes a team whose only win is against the Dolphins? Not with how wild he looked in the 4th quarter against Buffalo. Washington's defense is even tougher. The 4 point spread makes this one easy.
Masa's Taking: Washington

Cinncinati vs Buffalo (Cinci +1)
When the line for this game first came out on monday, it had the Bills as the favorite by 2 points. Buffalo is one of those teams that almost always wins in the spread but loses the game, but that can't happen this week. Cinci can score like woah, and I think it's going to be a long day... I'd really love for the Bills to pull this one out, but starting Losman scares me... He can throw it deep and maybe keep a shoot-out going, but he holds on to the ball for too long...
Masa's Taking: Buffalo But I'd advise everyone to pick Cinci for this one.

Seattle vs Cleveland (Cleveland + 1.5)
Shaun Alexander looks like his old MVP self, rushes for a 100+ yards in the Dog House, gets pelted with milk bones. Derek Anderson throws some TD bombs, but one of them is a pick by the other team that cuts the legs out from under the upstart Browns.
Masa's Taking: Seattle

Houston vs Oakland (Oakland + 3)
Another game I wouldn't bet on where I could avoid it... Rosenfals leads a sagely road victory? Or Daunte redeems himself and finds paradise in Oakland? Neither. Okay, then what? The fact that I can't name either teams' starting RB makes this no easier... In games like this where I'm really just spitballing, I always go with the underdog
Masa's Taking: Houston

New England vs Indianapolis (New England +5)
The big game, huh? The media circus around this whole thing ensures I come back from the sports bar after Brady's first TD drive and organize Hentai Traders some. I still feel like an ass for thinking that Washington would cover the 17 point spread from last week...
Masa's Taking: New England

Dallas vs Philadelphia (Dallas +3.5)
Sunday Night football. This is a game I will certainly watch, as my pick for the NFC East (Philly) struggles to keep themselves relevant in what has become the toughest division in not just their conference, but in all of football. Watch Brian Westbrook be the most complete offensive player in a losing effort. Philly needs serious help on defense. They would do well to take a page from the Bills' a few weeks ago and throw the kitchen sink blitz schemes against Romo. If they can't get pressure, he'll torch 'em.
Masa's Taking: Dallas

Baltimore vs Pittsburgh (Steelers + 9)
Willie Parker brings all the boys to the yard. And they're like "he's better than ours!" The Ravens are coming off a bye and hope to have Todd Heap back, but they've yet to win a game against a team with a winning record, and playing in the Steel City is no picnic. There's no question that Pittsburgh wins this game. The only question is if Ray-Ray and that once unstoppable D can keep them within the spread. I hate betting on a game when an over-emotional murderer and his cronies hold the key to it...
Masa's Taking: Pittsburgh

Teams on bye this week:
Dolphins (0-8): boy do they need it...
St. Louis (0-8): ditto
Chicago (3-5): trying to find some defense is going to be tough
NY Giants (6-2): you bet they'll be watching Sunday Night's game also.

Abdula
Thu, 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM
I agree with on most of those picks but there are 2 I must dispute.

First up Houston vs Oakland: I don’t think Houston can do anything offensively without Schaub not that he was all that spectacular to begin with but I would definitely take Oakland it’s a safe bet.

Secondly New England vs Indianapolis: After re-watching the AFC Championship game I really have to give the edge to the Colts. The Pats seem to be a completely different team compared to the one they were then and I’m sure Brady will come out and walk right down the field on the first drive but Colts have home field, their defense will definitely be able to handle Brady, and they’ve beaten the Pats three times in a row.

Secondly, the Colts are a second half team and perform best on both sides of the ball in the second half especially when they are coming from behind, the ground game is going to become very important later in the game and I give the Colts the edge when it comes to the ground game offensively and defensively. Another thing that important here is that the Pats give up big plays in the second half especially when they think they have a nice cushion so all the Colts have to do is perform in the redzone that’s the only advantage I give the Pats they perform when it counts.

There is a lot more I can say about this game but none of it really matters, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens when they get out on the field. If the Colts defense can keep Brady under control in the first half, then they could definitely pull this on out in the second half. This is definitely going to be an exciting game no matter what happens but I’m obligated to give it to the Colts.

Colts +3

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
San Diego vs Minnesota (San Diego +7)
The Chargers absolutely raped fools last week. Minnesota still isn't utilizing Adrian Peterson to his full extent. I have no idea who their quarterback is. Seven is a wide margin to bet on, especially for a team going on the road that really didn't live up to expectations this early on this year. But LT and the Chargers D make picking Minnesota sound crazy.
Masa's Taking: San Diego

You forgot the great passing game between Rivers and Gates :)

Abdula
Sun, 11-04-2007, 11:09 PM
All I have to say is Vikings, Saints, Lions. WOW

TheBladeChild
Mon, 11-05-2007, 02:12 AM
SD y!??!?!??????!!!!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

python862
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:14 PM
My team is sucking at every turn.

The Denver Broncos, while starting out great, with two VERY exciting last-second wins, have somehow found the suck side of Cutler YET AGAIN. I was not in the least enthusiastic about benching Plummer last year, and that feeling definitely exists in the gut of me now. It kills me how the fuckin 'tards who pulled Cutler up in his rookie year are now eating their choice now. 3-5 is not the stuff of champions. We've given up nearly 100 points to the Chargers and LIONS. The game against Green Bay was great, and I give the comeback king props on his bomb to kill us in that first play of Overtime. Thing is: had Dre Bly not gotten cocky and seperated HIMSELF from the reciever, he would've had a play on the ball. So now, all I can hope for is to go all-out and win every last game left.

On another note, and one completely unrelated, congrats to the Boston Red Sox and the win in the World Series.

Idealistic
Mon, 11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
snip

Cutler got hurt...........

Regarding the Pats vs Colts game, all those penalties really killed the Pats. Almost cost them the game too. After watching both the team's running game, either Indy really shut the Pat's running game down, or Addai is on a much higher level than Maroney. Thank god for Moss. However, I do believe that one pass interference call on Ellis Hobbs was such a bullshit call. They were just racing to the ball and the reciever got beat!

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:08 PM
the Pats really haven't been running the ball much this year. They've been giving the ball off to a variety of backs... but it's almost paying lipservice to the run game, as almost all their yardage, points, and serious threats come from passing the ball. Wes Welker is sick in the head, and the Miami organization must be truly sick to their stomachs for not holding on to him.

The Philadelphia defense looks nothing like it used to. Jim Johnson's blitzs are all getting picked up with ease. McNabb still has the problem with accuracy, even on relatively simple passes... But it's really the defense not getting any pressure on the QB that killed them against Dallas. For their part, they really do have some awesome receivers, and I'm not just talking about TO. Their TEs can catch as well as some teams' WRs.

Detroit is for real

And Denver is in real trouble. I only watched the game in between flashes of the Buffalo game (and when the SD / Vikings game was at a break), but almost every time I looked linemen were missing their blocks, QBs were running for their life, and their D was getting pushed back. It makes me sick to think the Bills lost to them in Week 1... It really was a game lost by them, not won by the Broncos. Well, I'm hoping Selvin Young gets time soon, as I've liked what I've seen from him so far this year.

Speaking of the Bills, I loved that they opened up the playbook. The RB Fake Pass to take the lead against Cinci in the 4th was excellent (especially as it followed on 6 straight run plays). Running the ball to the left side is where it's at for them. And man, Lee Evans sure looked happy to have Losman back, going nuts for almost 200 yards. The only thing I loved more was them punching the Cinnci offense in the mouth. They didn't get as much pressure as I'd hoped, but they hit the WRs so hard that they started "hearing footsteps" and dropping some very big balls. Terrence McGee had a hit on Chad Johnson that was so vicious I nearly snarfed my beer (not the play that got him hurt though).

For Cinnci, I think they need to get Rudi Johnson out and keep that Watson guy in. He can kill you with the run and the pass, and he kept the Bengals in that game.

Adrian Peterson just won the Rookie of the Year award in my eyes. Sick.

Shaun Alexander did revert to his MVP form. Problem was, looks like Derek Anderson took my words to heart about him being the best QB in the league right now. Braylon Edwards is the newest super-star WR in the NFL. He is a madman.

Speaking of madmen, did anyone catch the Saints game? I missed it, but seems like Drew Brees has been playing out of his mind recently. I thought that team was describing 'flash in the pan' this year... but they seemed to have turned a corner.

The Titans won an ugly game against an even uglier team. The Carolina Panthers are terrible!

The Pats vs Buffalo game in two weeks got bumped to Sunday night (yay, I can watch it now!), for the first "flex scheduling" game of the year. That makes two primetime games for the Bills in one year! (and six in all for New England, not to mention Sunday's game being broadcast almost everywhere).

TheBladeChild
Sun, 11-25-2007, 09:54 PM
SD won
Denver lost
Kansas city lost

Im in a really good mood right now :)

Abdula
Mon, 11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
The Pats-Eagles games was the best game this week,the Browns looked great too maybe Anderson will get it done next year. There have been some really bad games this entire season only 5 teams seem to know what the consistency and continuity mean and no one seems to know what clock management means either. Sometimes I could swear I was watching a highschool game. I got alot more to say but that belongs in the bitching thread.

Neway it seems like teams might actually be able to come up with a good formula for beating the Pats. Looking forward to that Greenbay-Dallas game.

They shot Sean Taylor damn, that shit is wrong.

Abdula
Mon, 12-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Pats-Ravens, OMFG. Its continues, I'm so glad they won they really deserved that one because the Ravens just blew it.

TheBladeChild
Tue, 12-04-2007, 12:31 AM
-.-......i just cannot believe what I just saw.

Abdula
Wed, 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
So who are your picks to go to Hawaii?

TheBladeChild
Thu, 12-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Tomlinson, Merriman, and Gates

lol can u tell im a SD fan? :)

masamuneehs
Thu, 12-13-2007, 03:44 AM
The one game next week I care about is obviously Buffalo in Cleveland.

Buffalo comes off of a blow-out at home against the worst supposed NFL team I've ever watched an entire game of, the Miami Dolphins. The Fins were the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and I'm hoping Buffalo doesn't think they can just do the same thing against a much tougher Cleveland team. It's going to come down to McGee, the secondary, and Special Teams if Buffalo wants to go there and give themselves possible command of a playoff seat.

Trent Edwards is opening up the minimalist offense a bit, and having Marshawn Lynch back is clutch. Fred Head Jackson is a man who came out of nowhere, and he plays like something out of a movie. I like the run against Cleveland.

George Wilson (3rd string safety) is out for the regular season... He converted from WR this year and has two picks for TDs since STARTING in relief of several Bills already out for the year (notable Ko Simpson). I honestly don't know who they're going to put back there against the Browns who love the deep ball and have some great recievers who can bring down the long ball.

I pray for bad weather and Jamal Lewis to be out of it. That guy killed us when he was with the Ravens...

Whoever wins this commands the lead of the final wild card spot (thanks to San Diego's OT thriller against the Titans last week - THANK YOU!). Jacksonville is going to get the first wild card. Cleveland has the easiest schedule in the remainder of the season, and the Bills have to play against the pissed off Eagles and the stingy defensive Giants.

Let's go BILLS

Masa's ALL PRO TEAM

AFC:
QB: Derek Anderson (even though i want him to be tarrible sunday)
RB: Marshawnn Lynch (bias pick. I'd really do Fred Taylor)
FB: Ryan Neufeld (cuz he's a Bill, and, up til this year, a TE)
WRs: Randy Moss and Braylon Edwards
TE: Antonio Gates (lots of talent at this position in the AFC)
T: Matt Light (NE) Jason Peters (BUF)
G: Faneca (PIT) Steve Neal (NE)
C: Jeff Saturday (IND)
NFC:
QB: Brett Favre (once more for old time sake)
RB: Adrian Peterson (and Rookie of the Year)
FB: Tony Richardson (vikings have been running the ball so well)
WRs: Larry Fitzgerald and (ugh) T.O.
TE: Jason Witten
T: Chad Clifton (GB) Marc Colombo (DAL)
G: Hutchinson (MIN) Shawn Andrews (PHI)
C: Matt Birk (MIN)

also got my vote:

Offense
QB: Garrard, Brady, Romo, Hasselback. RB: Fred Taylor, Willie Parker, Westbrook, Marion Barber. WR: Reggie Wayne, TJ House, Holt, Roddy White. TE: Winslow Jr., Shockey. T: Joe Thomas, Walter Jones G: J. Fabini, Diel. C: Nick Mangold, Chris Spencer

too much of a bitch to do defense too..

Abdula
Thu, 12-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Browns v. Bills: Wow, that should be one hell of a game. Its really hard to make a pick here, I really love what the Bills have done and usually I would be biased to my NY teams but I gotta go with the Browns for this one. If they have Anderson, Edwards , Lewis and Cribbs manages to give them a return game then I don't see how they can lose.

Anyway I know for sure that its not going to go like it did last time they met and with two teams this evenly matched you never know what could happen. I think the Browns will win though and even if they don't they should still get the last play of spot because as you said they have a much easier schedule.

Yeah it is a bitch to post all my picks. I agree with most of your picks the person that deserves to go to Hawaii the most is definitely Derek Anderson but I don't think he is going to make it, Big Ben could beat him out. Ryan Neufeld, what the hell, I don't really care much for FBs but my pick is Jeremi Johnson at least he has done something.

Abdula
Fri, 12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I like NFL Network and all but what is with these Thursday night games. The players obviously aren't rested enough and the performance quality suffers because of it. Not that these are good teams but every Thursday night game I've seen so far has had poor performances from every team and the players are getting shaken up or injured on every other play. I really think they should get rid of these Thursday night games and just stick to the Saturday ones, especially this late in the season. Everyone seems to be saying that and I agree.

Munsu
Sun, 12-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Dolphins won a game!

Abdula
Mon, 12-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I know right, it wasn't unexpected though. If there was only one team on their schedule that the dolphins would be able to beat it was the Ravens. Damn it must kill them to lose 0-13 team but its their own fault.

This was a nice week for football, there were some really nice games and I saw me two white ones. I love snow games. Nothing unexpected happened this week though except that the Pats won because some people, that would include me, were expecting them to lose to the Jets. Most people predicted that the phins would win especially since the Ravens were performing so badly lately.

A lot of my predictions came through, Dallas lost, Phins won, TB won, SD won, GB won and Favre breaks another record, Jags won, Titans won, the Browns won and the Colts ofcourse. Speaking of the Browns I wonder how Masa took it. I knew they would win but nobody could have known it would've gone down like that. Now the Vikings just need to win and I'll be good. Damn Giants lost even if they manage to make it to the playoffs I don't think they could manage to beat any of the other playoff teams.

Looking forward to see who got into the pro bowl tomorrow.

Abdula
Wed, 01-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Does no one care that the Pats are 16-0, that Minnesota didn't get into the playoffs, that the Titans are going to spank SD, that the Jaguars are going to run right over Pittsburgh, that probably the greatest regular season in history certainly the one that has seen the most major records broken is over.

Anyway I hope I'll get to see Colts-Cowboys in the big game.

Munsu
Sun, 01-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Some cool games this weekend, really liked the Jags and the Seattle one. Don't sleep on the Jags, that team is quite good... I'll be rooting for them.

Brady got the MVP, I would've given it to Moss myself. Glad to see that someone had the guts to vote for Favre though, he really deserved some votes for his performance this season.

Hope the Pats die... it'll make their season pathetic. Go Dolphins and their new recruit, Bill Parcells.

Abdula
Mon, 01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
First off Glad to see someone finally posted in this thread.

The Jags definitely flew under the radar this season. I picked them to win and they didn't disappoint I hope they make it to the atleast the championship game. Brady winning was a given although I think Favre deserved more that just one vote but it wouldn't have changed the outcome. No way Moss could win it, No Brady No Moss that simple.

I don't hope the Pats lose I think they deserved what they have because they really worked for it but I don't see them going all they way especially now that that would mean going through Jacksonville.

Anyway next weeks slate of games look to be even better than this weeks were.
Jaguars (at New England) I pick Jags been following them all season and although I thought their victory over Pit would be by a greater margin it being as close as it was made it even more impressive.

Giants (at Dallas) My home team is finally rolling and doing what every New Yorker wanted them to do. Eli is performing excellent and the team is just on an emotional high. Even though their first two possessions were 3 and outs the coach was still rearing them on when they came off the field and the players still looked eager and ready to go. Which says alot and is completely different from what we're used to seeing. I gotta go with the Giants and the fact that they lost twice to the cowboys means that they should be even more eager to beat them. The Cowboys really haven't been playing at the level there were at earlier this season and if there is no T.O. and the Giants defense could perform like they did today then all the offense has to do is stay on course and they have a W

Chargers (at Indianapolis) Sorry TBC I know you love your Chargers but its the Colts all the way in this one. The Chargers seem to have a problem getting their offense going and if Marvin comes back I just don't see how the Colts could lose despite what happened the last time they played.

Seahawks (at Green Bay) I don't know what is going to happen here. These two teams are completely off my radar. I actually thought that the Seahawks would lose this weekend. Anyway since its in Greenbay and #4 is going to be playing gotta go with Greenbay. Offense, Defense, Special Teams they have it all and should be able to put away the Seahawks.

I know at this point its a very slim possibility but there is a chance we could see a Manning-Manning Superbowl which is something I always wanted to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Munsu
Mon, 01-07-2008, 12:54 AM
No way Moss could win it, No Brady No Moss that simple.

Please, that's the poorest reasoning if there ever was one. It would be more accurate to say that Brady wouldn't have been nearly this good this season if it wasn't for Moss. You could've placed any good QB on the Patriots this season, and they'd still challenge the undefeated season... you can't replace Moss with anyone in the league... No Moss, no undefeated season... that simple. There's no one in the league who's a biggest mismatch on the receiving end than Moss. No one. Plus it's unfair to Moss when you go and try to consider him as a candidate simply because the QB position has a hand on every single play in the game, anything good that Moss does is automatically credited to Brady and that's simply bogus.

Just to compare... When Payton Manning had 49 TD's, 15 of those were to Marvin Harrison; that's 30% of them. Of Brady 50 TD's, 23 were to Moss... that's 46% of the total. It's completely insane. The most TD's Brady had ever thrown were 28, then they add Moss and he goes out and gets 50? Please, if anyone had more influence in another it was Moss on Brady, not the other way around. Moss had an improvement of 6 TD's over his career high (with QBs who either were way past their prime or just mediocre) for a 35% improvement. Brady improved by 22 TD's (coincidentally very close to Moss' total this season), that's an improvement of about 78% over his career high. Moss was double and triple covered throughout the whole season, and he still put up those numbers. He spreads the defense, causes other WRs to get no defenders on them... he single handedly transformed the whole offense.

So tell me again, how is it that No Brady No Moss?

Abdula
Mon, 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Wow I honestly didn't expect you to react that way but.....

Anyway your stats and percentages were entirely unnecessary. Yes I would agree that Randy Moss is without a doubt the best WR in the league as you said 27 of Bradys TD's weren't to Moss so you can't simply just say that Brady was completely reliant on him.

While it is true that without Moss they won't have scored as many touchdowns and while its a stretch to say that no Moss no undefeated season since it could also be said no Brady no undefeated season and its unfair to Brady to suggest that another QB could do what he did.

In the end its a team game so they all rely one each other but even without Moss, Brady still has 27 touchdowns and although I'm fully aware of the "perks" of the QB position I still think Brady deserved it.

So while you say No Moss no undefeated season and I say no Brady no Moss, I think in this instance I'll just agree to disagree and and say that the Pats wouldn't be 16-0 without all their key players and leave it at that.

Munsu
Mon, 01-07-2008, 01:47 PM
The stats were totally necessary... I find it ludicrous that you think Moss is dependant on Brady, it's plain dumb. Sure Brady deserves to be MVP, but Moss is just as deserving if not more so, and to say that Moss would be "nothing" without Brady is completely dumb.

And it's not about not having all their key players, is about having suitable replacements for them. As good as Brady is, he's not a unique talent and there are better QB's than him in this league... he's very good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Now Moss is a unique talent. He's the player teams try to game plan against, and they fail miserably because he's that skilled. No one in this league can do what he does on the field, no one. No one in this league has the type of impact he has on an offense.

And the argument of 27 touchdowns to other players other than Moss is flawed for the simple fact that Moss was drawing double and triple coverages throughout the whole season... even in those 27 other touchdowns, the impact from having Moss on the field was felt.

That aside, Brady was indeed deserving of the award, but don't confuse that with Moss not being deserving of the award or confuse that with Moss being dependent on a player like Brady... Moss had more impact on Brady's performance, not the other way around. "No Brady No Moss"... please.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I was shocked at how poorly Tampa Bay defended against the run. That team really lost steam at the end of the season... Eli finally played like a Manning, and that Giants defense is for real. They're considerably lucky to be playing Dallas again, having two games' experience against them already this year. I still don't know if that'll be enough. It'll be a matter of if Romo can move around and buy time... and if more G-secondary like that Webster guy step up... But, I'm still thinking Cowboys

The Seahawks defense can sneak into the Super Bowl... BELIEVE IT! They trounced the Redskins. So much for momentum... I think it's going to be an interesting game against Green Bay.

I saw alot I liked, and alot I didn't like, out of the Jaguars. They can stuff the run, but their secondary really really really almost blew that game for them. Their running game and Garrard's precision give them a legit shot at the Pats, but I think Brady will swiss-cheese them up in the passing game...

Lastly, I expect Indy to snuff out the Chargers.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM
WOOOOO CHARGERS BABY!!!!!

I felt sorry for the Colts, my 2nd fav team, but CHARGERS!!!!!

Abdula
Sun, 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow, the best chance at anyone keeping the Pats out of the Superbowl is gone because your Chargers certainly can't do it. Anyway more importantly the other Manning did it, they beat the Cowboys and the trend continues, two division winners coming off the bye go down. Anyway the Giants, my second fav, team are rolling and next week's collision in GB will be epic. Speaking of GB that game was epic and Grant, damn the dude is a beast.

The NFC Championship, although I feel GB deserves the thought of Eli in the Superbowl is no longer just a fantasy even if Manning v Manning still remains one. Peyton got his ring last year now its little brother's turn. Its so hard to tell who will win the game next week and when looking at the two teams I would pick GB because they are simply the better team and they play with more emotion but I have to pick the Giants for the win. Either way it should be a great game and if anyone could beat the Pats I think it would be GB but I'm hoping the Giants will get another shot at it, because they were oh so close last time.

No matter who wins the NFC game will be riveting and either team should give the Pats a run for their money. Sorry TBC but I don't see anyway SD could beat the Pats unless they score on offense, defense and special teams and I don't think that is going to happen.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-13-2008, 11:27 PM
How bad is the Chargers QB hurt? With LT out and a 2nd string QB, what hopes do the Bolts have against the Pats?

Abdula
Mon, 01-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Even with them they couldn't beat the Pats and then there is the fact that they aren't the only ones hurt. At the end of the game they were officially listed as questionable but both said they will definitely play next week, while that is likely it remains to be seen.

Speaking of Injuries T.O. did it again. Wow that the dude is amazing really felt sorry for them, because the game really was theirs to win, especially because of how beaten down they looked afterwards but was too busy celebrating the Giants win.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
the two games today were something else. I on't think either team has a shot against the Pats, but it was great to see some real dogfights today.

Brandon Jacobs launching the football into the giant play clock past the end zone was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in football. That defense won the game, especially a ravaged secondary.

Abdula
Mon, 01-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Yes I have no idea why Jacobs would do something like that. I won't be surprised if they fined him for it. When he did it last week it was okay because he was obviously really emotional and he didn't the playclock then but it appears that he may have planned that beforehand. Now I could certainly see that being described as a prop.

I don't think anyone has much of a shot against the Pats but if any team can put up the points to keep the game close and still have the defense and special teams to slow down the Pats offense its Greenbay. Plus they are the only team I think has the emotion to accomplish something like that. The one and only reason i think the Giants have a chance to beat the Pats is because, although the Pats aren't perfect, you have to play perfect to beat them and thus far the only other team that doesn't have any turnovers in the playoffs is the Giants. So if that keeps up they may have a chance.

Abdula
Sun, 01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

They did it. After one hell of a game and so many missed opportunities, it took three tries but Tynes finally put it through and The Giants are going to the Superbowl. Absolutely Unbelievable.

So its Giants vs Pats again.

Speaking of the Pats they played and ugly game and performed horribly but SD like I said before just couldn't do it. If the Pats play like they did today and the Giants play like they have been playing we're going to have another Manning hoisting Lombardi's trophy again.

W00T

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-21-2008, 01:31 PM
i'd love to say that the Giants have what it takes to bring down the Pats...

I think their defensive line will give Brady a tough day, will certainly shut down Maroney... but they'll have to get pressure on almost every down if they keep their suspect secondary in the game (they looked terrible against the Packers. Those picks were bad balls by Favre as much as they were good defensive plays, and Brady won't be that off).

On offense, I think the Giants will need to run the ball straight ahead with Brandon Jacobs and use Bradshaw on short passes out of the backfield. Toomer needs to have a big game for Eli.

The Packers Giants was a good game, but I couldn't help feel that it wasn't a conference championship level game. Lots of missed opportunities and mental error.

Abdula
Mon, 01-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Very true it didn't really feel like a conference championship game but it was most certainly better than the AFC game that was just horrible. Its not that I don't think the Giants have what it takes because I believe they do they will just need some help.

If both teams play good then the Pats will definitely win as GB should have but ever since their encounter with the Colts the Pats have just been skating by. If they can pressure Brady, which is easier said than done and get atleast one turnover then they should win because they will be able to capitalize unlike SD.

I don't know but every time the Pats play they lose more and more of their luster and the converse is true for the Giants. Honestly I think the Giants have a much better chance of beating the Pats now than they did at the end of the season and that game came down to 3 points. I thought the Pats would blow out SD but that didn't happen if SD had scored a touchdown on only one if its redzone possessions it would have been a completely different game.

So at this point I'm not really giving the Pats, or The Giants for that matter, any credit for what they have previously done because now none of that really matters. I'm concerned that the Giants have a bye week though because the extra time could be trouble.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 01-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Speaking of the Pats they played and ugly game and performed horribly but SD like I said before just couldn't do it. If the Pats play like they did today and the Giants play like they have been playing we're going to have another Manning hoisting Lombardi's trophy again.

Give credit where credits due. The Charger's defense played great. But ya, the Pats won and they deserved it. I wish the Giants all the luck in the world. I still love my Chargers, and couldnt be more proud of them. See ya in 2008-2009.

Abdula
Mon, 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh I give alot of credit to the Chargers defense they do the impossible, they make teams that never turn over the ball look look like fools and they were pressuring Brady like they were his in laws but as I said above their offense just couldn't capitalize.

I mean three interceptions and four trips to the red zone and they only got 12 points that is just inexcusable, their defense must have been horrified because they did exactly what they had to do, the offense just failed.

Idealistic
Mon, 01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Congrats to the Pats. YAY! Poor LT. Couldn't see him cry because of his helmet.

And congrats to the Giants. The Packers deserved to lose after playing such a horrible game. To be honest, the Packers were never anything impressive anyway, but it was fun watching their games because Favre always gets one of those bombs off for a TD.

If you look at the Packers, all the Giants had to do was shut down their deep threats and then they are left with a running game that didn't work too well and nothing but horrible unorganized screen passes. Everytime they did a screen play, the reciever had like 1 blocker trying to block 3-4 guys coming at him. lol...

Makes you think back about the season...... How did the Packers make it so far? Favre and his bombs of course.

Favre reverts back to his old self of SUCK and you are left with a mediocre team.

Anyways, the Patriots pretty much have this game against the Giants. They just need to keep an eye on Burress. If he's matched up with Hobbs there could be some trouble for the Pats. Other than that, Pats just have to play like they've been playing in the beginning of the season.

Abdula
Mon, 01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Thing is they haven't played like that since the beginning of the season. Yeah the Packers performed badly but don't insult Favre, he is great QB one of the best of all time and the team isn't mediocre either they just had a bad day.

If they were as bad as you claim they wouldn't have gotten as far as one game away from the Superbowl. I must however throw in a random comment about you sticking to the Flaming Pit.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 01-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Poor LT. Couldn't see him cry because of his helmet.

Favre reverts back to his old self of SUCK and you are left with a mediocre team.

You douche, the man is injured. He got hurt in his first play with the ball. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sit back and know that you cant contribute to the team? Look, im not gonna sit here and make excuses for my team. But you dont have to bitch, and make fun of them since they lost. They entered a hostile environment, their 3 main players injured, in weather that their not used to playing in and they did a good job.

And what the hell are you insulting Farve for? The man is a legend, he brought a lot to this sport. All atheletes have their off days, give him a break. Hes freaken 38 years old, and playing at the level he is says alot about him.

Edit: I like L.T's helmet

Idealistic
Mon, 01-21-2008, 10:05 PM
asdf

Do you even watch football? LT is a cry baby. All that guy has done is cry which is why I made fun of him.

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/070114ne-playoff/KC_ChargersNE267167x1190c.jpg

LT at his best. (And yes, that is from last season.)

And who cares if they entered a "hostile" environment. You have players such as that russian guy or whatever saying "Trust me, the Patriots are more worried than we are." and then get served. You deserve to be made fun of.

The Patriots have been playing sucky ever since the Eagles game. But they still pulled through. They are definteily a good team. The Packers... They are nothing without their throwing game.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Granted my team likes to talk. But thats how we fire ourselves up, thats the only way we know how to. And as to that picture, LT was pissed because he felt his teammate was being insulted. That "mock" lights-out dance was lame, and LT stood up for his teammate.

The Packers... They are nothing without their throwing game.

That applies to the Patriots too, Marony has grown but hes no, LT or Adrian Peterson.

Abdula
Tue, 01-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Who got served. SD's defense had their way with the Pats offense, The Chargers offense were just limited obviously because they missing some key pieces namely LT who would have been the difference in the game and even the offensive players they had were playing hurt.

LT's emotional so what, its a good thing to know that he takes what he does seriously and personally and his response to what happened was exactly right and SD is one of the few teams in the league who talk and can actually back up their words and I like that.

First you insult Favre and the Packers, now you attack SD and LT. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about Football, I can't even be sure that you know anything about anything though you apparently have a PhD in douche.

Stick to the Pit

Idealistic
Tue, 01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Who got served. SD's defense had their way with the Pats offense, The Chargers offense were just limited obviously because they missing some key pieces namely LT who would have been the difference in the game and even the offensive players they had were playing hurt.

LT's emotional so what, its a good thing to know that he takes what he does seriously and personally and his response to what happened was exactly right and SD is one of the few teams in the league who talk and can actually back up their words and I like that.

First you insult Favre and the Packers, now you attack SD and LT. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about Football, I can't even be sure that you know anything about anything though you apparently have a PhD in douche.

Stick to the Pit

Patriots offense were just limited obviously because Brady had an off game. His precision would have been the difference in the game.

No, the chargers are all talk. Phillip Rivers is all talk. Horrible QB. I never laughed so hard when his one teammate, I forget who, was saying "Phillip Rivers is one of the greatest teammates ever, he's one of the best players I have ever seen play" or something along those lines. LOL!!!!

I agree though, LT does have a big impact on the team, but nontheless he is still a cry baby.

American football - a game played by two teams of 11 players on a rectangular field 100 yards long; teams try to get possession of the ball and advance it across the opponents goal line in a series of (running or passing) plays.

Apparently I don't know football because I don't agree with you.

As for the pit, you're the one who is actually flaming. All I'm doing is insulting a couple teams and some players. It's not directed towards anyone.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Patriots offense were just limited obviously because Brady had an off game. His precision would have been the difference in the game.

No, the chargers are all talk. Phillip Rivers is all talk. Horrible QB. I never laughed so hard when his one teammate, I forget who, was saying "Phillip Rivers is one of the greatest teammates ever, he's one of the best players I have ever seen play" or something along those lines. LOL!!!!

I agree though, LT does have a big impact on the team, but nontheless he is still a cry baby.

As for the pit, you're the one who is actually flaming. All I'm doing is insulting a couple teams and some players. It's not directed towards anyone.

I agree had a bit of a off day, but like been saying, GIVE CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE.
The Chargers are #1 in the league at forcing turnovers, 48 in this season. Due the math thats an average of 3 per game. THATS A LOT, in a football game.

As for the Chargers, I agree that they like to talk, as a SD fan its one of the few things about them I DO NOT LIKE(there I admit that). But its bs to say they are all talk. How the hell else did they get to the AFC Championship!??!?!

Philip Rivers is NOT a horrible QB, and he is NOT all talk. Unless I went blind and didnt see the same game as you did, he went tooth and nail with both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I admit Philip Rivers is not as good as these two and many others for that matter but hes in his freaken 2nd year as QB. And IMO this is really the first time in his so far short career where SD has really experimented with him by giving him the ball, and so far im seeing results. Not many QBs out there will go out there in the freezing weather, with 2 bad knees and played as well as he did. Yes the Chargers lost, as part of the team he losses too, but going as fas to say that hes a "Horrible QB" is horse shit. Hes young and hes getting better there is absolutely no doubt about that the second half of this season as well as his playoff performance is proof enough of that. I cant wait to see what he'll do next year.

Also about LT being a cry baby:
1)Being offended when his teammate is being made fun of
2)Supporting his QB when his QB is receiving criticism
3)Playing a playoff game partially injured then making the selfless decision of agreeing to let Micheal Turner play

If these are what you believe are characteristics of a crybaby, then ya, im glad hes a crybaby. He knows the meaning of "taking one for the team."

Granted, I was also one of those people who laughed when TO cried in support of Tony Romo, but at the same time I gained a lot of respect for TO. Same here, I gained a lot of respect for LT recognizing that he would be detrimental to his team and letting Micheal Turner play in his stead. And dont give me that bs that he mislead everyone by saying he was "90%" he reinjured it on the 1st play he had the ball. The other plays were just to see if he could continue, he judged that he couldnt.

As for flaming, since when were the fans never part of the team???? You insult my team, you insult my favorite players, calling them crybabies and all talk, your insulting my town and me.

You are flaming. Like Abdula said: Keep it in the Flame pit.

Idealistic
Wed, 01-23-2008, 12:58 AM
As for flaming, since when were the fans never part of the team???? You insult my team, you insult my favorite players, calling them crybabies and all talk, your insulting my town and me.

You are flaming. Like Abdula said: Keep it in the Flame pit.

I just found it funny how he was talking about keeping the flaming in the flaming pit, when he's flaming me as well.

But maybe I did come off a little too insulting.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 01-23-2008, 01:14 AM
I admit I do not like the Patriots. But if they win the Superbowl then they deserve it, though It wont change the fact that I will be routing for the Giants come Superbowl Sunday. If they win it, they too will have deserved it. They played a lot of tough teams, not to mention beat both Dallas and Green Bay.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Anyone not in the US, do they broadcast the big game live where you're at? I'm in Japan and took it for granted that they'd air the game, but I'm not seeing any advertisements for it, and besides, football is soccer over here, so it's hard to ask locals about it.

edit: Sweet, it's on NHK-BS1. I'm watching it live right now, though it's 8AM on a Monday morning.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
I know most of you aren't sports fans, but watching the Super Bowl in a foreign country is a different experience. I was wondering why there were these long periods of no action and all the players were sitting around talking, then I realized why... commercial breaks, except they don't show the Super Bowl commercials in foreign countries, so you miss half the experience of watching the game.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I know my friend watched the last one, or it might have been two years ago while in Germany. He went to an American bar and everyone was going crazy. They probably had a satellite connection.
--------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the actual game, there's been a lot of bad calls. There was the obvious fumble that led the to awesome hail mary pass by Manning. I'm surprised that the Pats didn't challenge that one. After that, there was a couple of facemasks and the second fumble that they gave to the Giants.

It's been a pretty nasty game. Brady has been getting nailed, Manning had a pretty bad run too just a few minutes ago. (7:40 EST)

EDIT: There's no way in hell this is making the point spread.

Inazuma
Sun, 02-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Its on french national television starting midnight local time

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
That is what I'm taking about bitches New England Patriots 18-1. Mannings win back to back Superbowls and I've got a parade to go to.

Munsu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Indeed... I hate the Patriots... AND STILL CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOORRRRRLLLLD!!!! The MIAMI DOOOOOOOOOOLPHINSSS!!!!

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Awesome game, probably the most pumped I've been during a Superbowl in a while. However...

Consider me disgusted.

Aside from the bad calls early on, the Pats just played fucking sloppy. They should never have given that last touchdown away.

As far as I'm concerned, you play like that, you deserve to lose.

Munsu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
More like the Patriots didn't really do anything to deserver whatever points they got. They really didn't earn any of them other than the last drive. The others they got some lucky breaks that allowed them. And just as they had some lucky breaks, the Giants have some bad luck on their side... a crappy interception which should've been caught etc. In all, the Giants played way better... if luck were on their side, this should've been an easy win for them.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome game, probably the most pumped I've been during a Superbowl in a while. However...

Consider me disgusted.

Aside from the bad calls early on, the Pats just played fucking sloppy. They should never have given that last touchdown away.

As far as I'm concerned, you play like that, you deserve to lose.

No No No, Don't say that the Pats didn't throw away the game The Giants just played great I mean their defense was beating on Tom Brady since the first play of the game. I thought that NE had sealed the Game with the Brady to Moss connection and the irony of the game ending with Manning to Plax was not lost on me.

I believed in you Eli.

Munsu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Indeed, read my post above yours... the Giants controlled the whole game. They won that game, the Patriots certainly didn't throw it away.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
I still can't believe it though after everything they did the Pats didn't go undefeated. I mean 18-1, to go through all of that and then lose. I feel it for them really that must hurt.

TheBladeChild
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:37 PM
WOW I went crazy when Eli made that game winning touchdown pass. Denied SEAU!!!
GOOD JOB ELI YOU DESERVE IT!!!.

joker-kun
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Indeed... I hate the Patriots... AND STILL CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOORRRRRLLLLD!!!! The MIAMI DOOOOOOOOOOLPHINSSS!!!!
The 72 Dolphins wouldn't make it past 5 games without being defeated in the league today. They played what? Two teams with winning records. The league was horrible that year, and I am not taking away from their 17-0 season/playoffs it's an amazing ahievement, but they're by far not Champions of the world.

Anyway I have been rooting for the Giants and Eli all season. I live in Ontario so New York and Buffallo are both pretty close, but I liked Manning. I like how he reacted all season to everyone asking "is he good enough to get the Giants this far". Well regardless of a poor start he was good enough to get the Giants to the playoffs, and then to and past the Superbowl. In my opinion he really developed as a player and number one QB.

I will not lie though; I wanted to see NE go 19-0 mainly because honestly I don't think another team will go 18-0 in the league today, but on the same token I am glad to see two Manning brothers win it back to back (probably another thing we'll never see, two brothers who are both QB's going back to back).

How Eli broke away from that sack on third or fourth was amazing, and then how he managed to throw the ball to Tyree(sp?) was even more so. After that I knew the game was over, and wanted Eli to finish it regardless of any records in the mix.

PS: Even though I am not a Yankee fan I guess New York has gotten their revenge for the 2004 baseball playoffs when Boston came back and won 4 games in a row after losing 3.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Indeed, read my post above yours... the Giants controlled the whole game. They won that game, the Patriots certainly didn't throw it away.
I'm not saying the Giants didn't earn their win, they definitely did. But the Pats threw it away.

The Defense on both sides was fairly unrelenting, the Giants had to work really hard to get anything (until the end, I can't believe Manning didn't get sacked!) and the Giants Defense wouldn't let the Pats get anywhere. Phenomenal blitzing. However, the Pats made way too many mistakes on their Offense.

A team that is usually capable of switching between a rushing game and a passing game as easily as the Pats have this season should have had no difficultly with the Giants. They ended up giving Brady no defense at all. With no time to throw, they had to rely only on their rushing game, which the Giants could focus in on and shut them down.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
That is what I loved about this game, for two weeks now I've been listening to how everyone thinks its going to be an offensive flurry and the defenses are going to be non existent and I'm glad it was the complete opposite. I love these low scoring defensive struggles that is real football now if only they had been in the snow.

NE had no running game they had a few long runs but thats it, just like the last time they played only this time the Giants defense stepped up and put Brady down. I wonder how many times he got hit, damn emotional pain on top of physical pain.

Ryllharu
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I think it was 4 sacks and 10-12 knockdowns. It might be more, I started to lose count. Brady just got hammered.

Idealistic
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Well, congrats to the Giants, the Patriots got owned. Their line couldn't do anything, and their offense couldn't do anything until that last drive where they scored.

Damn, that sack that manning escaped was too unbelievable. lol... Ohwell, he deserves it I guess. He's been criticised way too much, but now people can't say anything. But man, what are the chances both mannings winning back to back superbowls.

The Patriots had quite a few opportunities to score including that extra drive from the interception, and that challenge that they won. But that 4th & 13 where they went for it seems to have came back and bit them in the ass. The field goal woulda been a 48 yarder or something like that I think.

Sad to see an ALMOST perfect season end, but ohwell, I guess us Patriots fans know how the Rams felt when the Patriots won that one superbowl and upsetted the Rams who were I believe undefeated too? Or they had a pretty good record at least.

Abdula
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow I'm surprised that Idealistic actually made a rare sensible post, try and keep it up dude and yeah really they should have atleast attempted the field goal at that point because no one was scoring so any points at all would have made a major difference but you know what they say about hindsight.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
pleasantly surprised

Get raped Budweineken

Justin Tuck was outstanding. Strahan as well. that Giants secondary was suspect? I'm pretty sure they shut down everyone not named Wes Welker. Brady was awful. Amani Toomer's blatant offensive pass interference non-call set the tone for the Giants. Get raped Bill Belicheck. David My Middle Name had the biggest catch of the year on that 3rd down play. Unlikely hero is the best hero of them all.

See you all at the draft.

animus
Mon, 02-04-2008, 01:45 AM
When Strahan sacked Brady, I loved every second of it.

Munsu
Mon, 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
pleasantly surprised

Get raped Budweineken

Justin Tuck was outstanding. Strahan as well. that Giants secondary was suspect? I'm pretty sure they shut down everyone not named Wes Welker. Brady was awful. Amani Toomer's blatant offensive pass interference non-call set the tone for the Giants. Get raped Bill Belicheck. David My Middle Name had the biggest catch of the year on that 3rd down play. Unlikely hero is the best hero of them all.

See you all at the draft.
Get raped? I hate the Patriots you know. I think you're still bitter about the Yankees sucking so much, and the Knicks are a joke.