PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 28

animus
Thu, 09-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Episode 28 - NB (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=26449&name=%5BNB%5DNaruto_Shippuuden_28%5BXvid%5D%5BA356 3DE2%5D.avi.torrent)

Edit: Episode 28 - DB (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns028.torrent)

It's been said a million times, but god, the animation and art is so awful. It's pretty silly how I'm pretty sure they have a bigger budget due to the success of the series, yet the animation is about 500 times worse than it was in the Chuunin Exams.

Maybe it's time constraints. But weren't the original early Naruto episodes released weekly anyways? I'm guessing they didn't spend that much time on their earlier episode, due to the fact that the episodes that did catch up with the manga were of the same quality animation and not this shitty Shippuuden crap that they make after this long filler break?

Nintendo
Thu, 09-13-2007, 06:52 PM
very useless episode they have not done any thing new at all,if it was that simple why they haven't defeated them in 1st place, they have been fighting for whole 10 EPISODES and now this ,i thought the clones will be finished by the special ability of each beast member like lotus attack of rock lee or his life gates or something. they r making naruto worst series ever

masamuneehs
Thu, 09-13-2007, 07:06 PM
the NarutoBuzz release was good enough for this episode... the last two episodes were steps forward, and this is an ugly tumble back...

StillAlive
Thu, 09-13-2007, 07:25 PM
"They're getting sronger!"
"No. Because we are humans we are getting weaker!"
"Then let's get sronger than them!"
Yeah master plan! Now wait..., you're already exhausted and how will you get stronger during a fight? This is just ridiculously illogical :(

Idealistic
Thu, 09-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Holy mother fucking shit. "What do you mean? How did we become weaker?" CUZ YOU HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR 10 EPISODES AND YOU'RE NOW EXHAUSTED!! It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Not only is the dialogue pathetic, but so is the animation. I use to complain about how some anime fight scenes showed too much "speed" and you don't really get to really see any fighting animated. But now we get to see some animated fights and the fighting is so slow and ugly.

Get stronger than before? What is this now? You just have to want to get stronger than before and BOOM you get stronger? This must be a new type of training. DBZ-style, get mad and get stronger.

I'm not even excited about Kakashi's new Sharingan. Why? They introduced it in the dullest way possible and then the next episode all you see is Naruto say "A new Sharingan."

redcat
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
sounds like one hell of an episode. i think i'll wait for DB.

Assertn
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:36 PM
lol omg @ the preview spoilers.

animus
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Edited topic with link to Dattebayo's 28.

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Weak sauce, was kind of afraid they'd do that in spending an entire episode on finishing up the stupid gai clone fights. talk about stalling for time. For all of you with a bad taste in your mouth I recommend rewatching the 10 vs. 100 puppet fight to get the bad taste out of your mouth. At least it looks like next week they're finally going to wrap things up with rescue garra arc.

Crash
Thu, 09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
I think this episode can be best described with "Ugh". Seriously, they spent like 2-3 min explaining that they were getting tired and apparently Neji is the only one who isn't too brain damaged to grasp that great piece of sage wisdom. The only good thing about this entire episode is that it's over and i never have to watch another second of clone fights.

Also i'm with animus on the animation quality. Most of the Pre-Shippuuden stuff seemed to be a lot better quality. The vast majority of the Shippuuden episodes have been crap in the animation department in comparison.

BioAlien
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Awesome!
They just wasted an entire episode, to show what was never shown in the manga, and which only lasted about.. 2 pages.

Yukimura
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow...I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said, crap, complete waste of time, and they've made Kakashi's new Sharingan seem boring by letting it fade into the background of crappy fights.

I'd recommend just skipping this ep completely. The flashback that starts the double header (IN 2 MORE FUCKING WEEKS) will probably have just a tiny bit more than what was in the one manga chapter 90% of this episode came from. That's really all anyone needed to know about these clone fights, they started, they were the reason Team Gai couldn't help against Sasori, they ended, that's a wrap.

itadakimasu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
sounds like one hell of an episode. i think i'll wait for DB.

DB is good but the others are as good as DB from what I've seen.

Anyhow... boo. I liked seeing some of Neji's attacks, the whole cyclone like attack was pretty cool. Naruto and Kakashi are exactly where they were at the end of the last ep. they ended w\ kakashi unveiling the new sharingan and for some reason we didn't get to see him do anything with it.

Which brings me to another thought i was having. kakashi had been talking a few eps back about ranged attackers and what not.... and he is by far the best all around ninja, knowing who knows how many techniques and tons of ranged ones other than this new sharingan.

shouldn't have to worry about fillers for a very long time though.

animus
Thu, 09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Please someone kill these editors and script writers. I was pulling at my scalp really hard at how dumb this episode was.

Assertn
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:49 AM
Lee: Guys, I figured out their weakness, it's all good now. We just have to be stronger than them to win!

Others: Wow...it makes so much sense now!

lol......

Ziggy
Fri, 09-14-2007, 01:12 AM
Reading the comments about this ep was more entertaining than the ep itself.

rockmanj
Fri, 09-14-2007, 01:23 AM
"They're getting sronger!"
"No. Because we are humans we are getting weaker!"
"Then let's get sronger than them!"
Yeah master plan! Now wait..., you're already exhausted and how will you get stronger during a fight? This is just ridiculously illogical :(

I could see if he said "let's open gates!" but that 'lets get stronger crap...-_-. I dont know if i can stomach the anime much more.

Assertn
Fri, 09-14-2007, 02:01 AM
I was just gonna figure they would all take off weights...

Munsu
Fri, 09-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Or take some soldier pills...

Anyways, this was a complete waste of episode, but at least we got this crap out of the way. Now, time to see what Kakashi's sharingan is all about.

Kraco
Fri, 09-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Yeah. The only good thing about this ep was indeed what Bud said: No more goddam awful evil clone fights. Maybe it was worth totally wasting one episode.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-14-2007, 05:17 AM
I dunno. I didn't hate this episode TOO bad. At least, not as much as everyone else.

I could actually see Lee's plan working for himself at least. He's the kind of guy you could see going "you know what, fuck it, I'm just gonna get stronger, RIGHT FUCKING NOW! Uwaaaah!!"

But the fact that all 4 of them were able to create a move they'd never used before right on the spot? Especially TenTen? How the fuck do you invent a new scroll based move without making a new fucking scroll first?

It was pretty much the definition of deus ex machina.

I still like Lee's motto though. And I actually liked that part of the episode from that point on, even though the reasoning behind it was stupid.

The music helps, dunno what to tell ya.

redcat
Fri, 09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
this ep was about as fun as cancer

Endrance
Fri, 09-14-2007, 08:42 AM
This episode was like a bad joke... That I thought the fillers were finally over made me feel like reminding a bad nightmare watching this. I mean... I could've also watched Power Rangers instead of this. But like some people already said, now this clone shit is finally over... hopefully. Something that isn't over is them adding weird filler parts (if they would be at least good... but they're just bad - nothing more ot say here) that make no sense at all though. I'm pretty sure of this.

Knives122
Fri, 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah I'm not even going to watch this episode if it was seriously giving up the idea that the only way to beat a clone was to be stronger then it....

Was there anything having to do with Kakashi's Sharingan?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes, there was. We saw one more close up of it.

This episode was unbelievably shit. Its like, if those are clones of you, then they should be able to exert that strength as well, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE NOT GETTING TIRED.

Man the anime has become mind numbingly stupid.

RasenDori
Fri, 09-14-2007, 10:22 AM
i loved how they used the made up specials from the recent playstation game, but didnt make them one once as entertaining as they are to watch in the game.

Idealistic
Fri, 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
I don't get it... Why did they make the first episode of shippuuden awesome quality and then do a half-assed job for the rest of the episodes?

It's like you are watching 2 completely different shows.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-14-2007, 11:04 AM
lol @ preview...

topic: even more boring than the fillers

the only cool thing was when ten-ten summoned like 1 millionen weapons which fell down like astroids on the enemy... and i HATE ten-ten, i guess this says everything about this episode.

funniest: "we are totally exhausted... how can we defeat them?" "its so easy... we just have to get stronger than we were when we removed the seals!"

it sounds like " Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellenct, now we can attack in any direction" to me

Janusz
Fri, 09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
If it weren't for multiple groups releasing Shippuuden, I'd have thought this was some sort of prank pulled by DB. It was lame and stupid enough.

There were about a million ways they could have ended these clonefight's (lets get together and defeat the clones one by one, lets swap clones, there's a limit/timer on these clones, etc. etc. etc.) but they chose the most moronic way possible. It was not like "Now we can attack in all directions", but more like "Now I can make beamweapons out of thin air and destroy all my enemies in one shot! Muhahaha".

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-14-2007, 11:53 AM
What in unholy hell were those wind projectiles Neji was shooting out of his hands? That's Street Fighter shit.

And are they ever going to change the OP?

Super5
Fri, 09-14-2007, 11:59 AM
What in unholy hell were those wind projectiles Neji was shooting out of his hands? That's Street Fighter shit.

And are they ever going to change the OP?
I think they were the "Eight Trigrams Air Palms" or whatever. Basically Neji expels chakra from his palms with such force that it blows the enemy back. I think he also used them against Kisame.

Anyway, pretty lame ending to the clone fights. They literally had a million possibilities to overcome their clones (and that's just with moves they've used in the original series), but nooooo, they had to take the Naruto-exit of "I'm going to suddenly get stronger!!" The writers could at least let them use a little strategy.

StillAlive
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Concerning Ten-Ten - that was by far the most stupid thing in the whole episode or even in the whole clone war. Earlier in the fight her clone would easily counter every single scroll-/attack with the same attack. So why didn't the clone counter that last attack - it shouldn't be a matter of strength? And why didn't Ten-Ten use that scroll of awsomeness earlier to begin with? Is it like "now that I miraculously became stronger I can finally use that big scroll I wear on my back all the time"?

Ok. At least there will be no more clone fights. Yeah :)

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
I don't remember him Sub-Zeroing wind balls.

And I think Lee could have won his fight a long time ago if he had a bottle of sake.

Xyrox
Fri, 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Haha! This episode was hilarious in many ways. The stupid clones, the way the fights were animated, everything. Especially Lee's reasoning - I actually thought he had an idea, like "hey, we can defeat each others' clones" (well, the clones didn't seem very talkactive so you could identify each other that way).

Ah well. As everybody has said, now the clone wars is finally over. And next episode hopefully also the "Naruto and Kakashi jumping on stuff chasing a giant flying clay bird".

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Now I'm curious.

How did they defeat their clones in the manga?

uhicha neji
Fri, 09-14-2007, 02:19 PM
lol @ Tenten sleeping at the buttom of the river?

Idealistic
Fri, 09-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't remember him Sub-Zeroing wind balls.

I thought he used it during the fight with the Kisame clone? And then there was a note of what the skill he used was.

Janusz
Fri, 09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Now I'm curious.

How did they defeat their clones in the manga?

They just did. I looked it up for you, it's chapter 277 if anyone's interested: there's a picture of Gai saying "Just what I expected from my clone. A formidable foe". It may be lame, but not as lame as it was done here. There were also no references to the fights in between, the clones were just there to provide an excuse for Team Gai not to help out Sakura / Chiyo, making the fact that exact clones are just ridiculous more bearable.

I just hope they're not going to screw up what's coming next. It has to be the scene with the most potential since the beginning of the Great Fillers.

Bread-sama
Fri, 09-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Another crappy episode... if you haven't watched it yet, don't even bother to.

saman
Fri, 09-14-2007, 07:47 PM
did anyone else understand how lee suddenly seeing his clone turn into sakura made him think of the brilliant plan to become stronger? if so, please enlighten me, because that was just weird.

redcat
Fri, 09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
did anyone else understand how lee suddenly seeing his clone turn into sakura made him think of the brilliant plan to become stronger? if so, please enlighten me, because that was just weird.
maybe he got the idea from the erection she gave him. get harder, bigger, stronger, and aim for the face.

animus
Fri, 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
To whoever neg repped me on my OP, no I won't stop posting. Thank you for the concern, however. I bet you were one of those retards that thought this was god's masterpiece.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Actually, your not supposed to put your opinions in the original post anyway. The OP for an episode release is only supposed to contain release info.

did anyone else understand how lee suddenly seeing his clone turn into sakura made him think of the brilliant plan to become stronger? if so, please enlighten me, because that was just weird.Because, whenever Sakura sees him, he'll be a stronger man! Didn't you watch the Chuunin exams! The Lotus in Konoha blooms however many times Sakura sees Lee. It even counts if he only IMAGINES her seeing him! Believe it!

Penner
Sat, 09-15-2007, 09:04 AM
this was just horrible on all levels except one, the music, otherwise it was all just a big suckfest.

Damn glad this cloneshit is done with now so we can move on to some (hopefully) awesome naruto/kakashi fighting, and a big MEH at 2week intermission to next ep...although that might be needed to make sure people have enough time to really suppress and forget this ep ever spawned to existence.

Psyke
Sat, 09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I thought you guys were exaggerating about the animation of this episode.

Well I was wrong. The frame rate got so low and choppy at certain scenes, it was painful to watch. Not to mention some repeated moves here and there too. :(

dragonrage
Sat, 09-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Soooooo Soooooo fucking lame. This is filler level storyline and the fact that they are milking it this much makes it even lamer........ Naruto has gone to the dog.....

Rest in pieces

ASSpirine
Sat, 09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Finally we're done with the clone fights, but at what cost...
An entire episode wasted on something like that, I (like many others) feared there would be much wasted time on the clone wars, and it happened...

the_small_guy
Tue, 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
wow, well i never thought id say this about a naruto episode (bar the fillers when the anime caught up to the manga) but that was a waste of about 20 minutes!

the fight animation was lame, theres no real story progression and the fact that they were like "oh we have to be STRONGER to beat them....why didnt anyone tell me that 10 episodes ago!"

hoping though by the preview of the next episode that something actually happens with naruto and kakashi...heres hoping anyways!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-19-2007, 02:21 AM
I think its funny so many people are like "fuck this! This show isn't even worth watching anymore!", when the two episodes before this one were so totally awsome.

It's like this episode was so bad it made what happened just a month ago fall out of your brain.

Kraco
Wed, 09-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately excellent episodes have been the exception so far, not horrible episodes...

Nintendo
Wed, 09-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately excellent episodes have been the exception so far, not horrible episodes...

thats totally true

Idealistic
Wed, 09-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I think its funny so many people are like "fuck this! This show isn't even worth watching anymore!", when the two episodes before this one were so totally awsome.

It's like this episode was so bad it made what happened just a month ago fall out of your brain.

What ticks me off is that episode 1 of shippuuden was so smooth and crisp. Now you watch the episodes after that and they are garbage. (animation-wise)

redcat
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
the first ep was like movie quality, to start off the new series. cant really expect them to pump out an ep a week like that though.

Crash
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
True, but you CAN expect them to pump out episodes that are at the very least on par with pre-filler/time skip Naruto quality. Instead we are getting some wierd filler-hybrid crap.

redcat
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:59 PM
yeah that is true, i was just referring to the animation quality.

poopdeville
Thu, 09-20-2007, 02:20 AM
True, but you CAN expect them to pump out episodes that are at the very least on par with pre-filler/time skip Naruto quality. Instead we are getting some wierd filler-hybrid crap.

The producers are trying to make the show "cinematic". The old Naruto, except for the big fights, was all animated "comic book" style. Characters would stand perfectly still while the camera scans a scene of people talking. Their bodies would be perfectly still if they were in the air. They'd move a single body part at a time. Naruto's kage bunshins would stand in a straight line and run in step, all against a bright flashing blue background. It wasn't great, but the art was often very good (especially the backgrounds), and it played to the animator's strengths and budget.

The new show is trying to stay away from that kind of cliched animation. But they don't have the budget to pull it off. So instead of having a character running against a flashing background, say, they have to change perspective on the "real" background, which means they have less time to actually draw the characters moving.

I knew the animation was going to suck the minute I saw the Deidara Gaara fight. Those sand tentacles looked like shit when they moved.

Paulyboy
Tue, 09-25-2007, 03:51 PM
OMG! WTF! Seriously its like DBZ where you have to wait like 5 episodes where they actually have to get to the point......... Please don't let NARUTO be like this......

Edit: But I don't see why they can't figure out a way to make the animation just a bit better though or find some trick to it. They do have the time to make better animation and they do have enough budget for sure, they are just basically slacking off.