PDA

View Full Version : TV: Criminal Minds

Munsu
Thu, 09-13-2007, 09:01 AM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1990/criminalmindscastphotooc8.jpg

I just finished watching the first two seasons of Criminal Minds, and I have to say this is an amazing show.

What I like most about it is that it only deals with psycopaths and serial killers. What's usually considered the best episodes in a cop drama because they portray a disturbed individual, this show brings on every episode. Show can get very disturbing at times, and gruesome. Great characters and actors, especially the main one, Mandy Patinkin as Agent Jason Gideon, who you may recognize from Dead Like Me or Chicago Hope. Anyways, many of the episodes are fucked up and the psychopaths shown in the series are truely sick and insane. The show can get a bit tense at times, and for some even scary.

That aside, apperently Mandy left the show for the third season, citing creative differences, which really pisses me off. Seems like a new character is being introduced in the form of Joe Mantegna (Joan of Arcadia, Baby's Day Out) which is a nice replacement, he's a good actor.

Anyways, anyone here watches this series? If not, go check it out if you like suspense and getting to know very sick individuals.

Criminal Minds revolves around an elite team of FBI profilers who analyze the country's most twisted criminal minds, anticipating their next moves before they strike again. Special Agent Jason Gideon (Mandy Patinkin) is the FBI's top behavioral analyst and he joins the Behavioral Analysis Unit lead by Special Agent Aaron Hotchner (Thomas Gibson), a family man who is able to gain people's trust and unlock their secrets. Also on the team are Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini), an agent with a background in sexual offenses; Special Agent Derek Morgan (Shemar Moore), an expert on obsessional crimes; Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler), a classically misunderstood genius whose social IQ is as low as his intellectual IQ is high; and Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, (AJ Cook), a confident young agent who acts as the unit liaison for the team. Each member brings his or her own area of expertise to the table as they pinpoint predators' motivations and identify their emotional triggers in the attempt to stop them.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 09-13-2007, 11:37 PM
WTF, why the hell do they get rid of good actors....Mandy will be missed. He seems to quit shows though. Oh well what can you do. I do like Joe Mantegna so hopefully he will fill in nicely.

Munsu
Fri, 09-14-2007, 12:23 AM
They didn't get rid of good actors, it was Mandy himself that asked to be released from his contract. All the actors of the show are very pissed at him.

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Just finished season 2, and watched the premiere of season 3. Here's the release for the first episode:
http://isohunt.com/download/26773526/criminal+minds

Season 2 was great. With the profiler going psycho and killing a suspect, the episodes with the most proficient serial killer in history, and the episodes were Reid got kidnapped... all of them made season 2 great.

The premiere of season 3 was alright. You can tell that it was an episode specifically made to write off Gideon from the series, in what was probably his last episode. Seems like he's going to commit suicide, we'll see on the next episode.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 09-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Suicide is such a lame way to go out, im actually kinda pissed about it, I rather he get killed in the line of fire. stupid writers

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Who do you think he was writing a letter to? Will it be to his replacement, Joe Mantegna? Or was it to Hotch?

I don't mind them killing Gideon as a suicide. They are probably pissed at Mandy, so they wanted him to go out in a lame way.

Foomanchew24
Sat, 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Thats why I dont like it. They are showing no respect to his character. As for the letter I assume it's for his team so that they know why it went the way it did so they dont have to wonder for the rest of thier lives why he offed himself. Doesn't seem to me that he developed any particularly strong relationship with any one member of the team that I can remember.

Munsu
Sat, 10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Just watched episode 2. I guess he didn't commit suicide, and they took care of the Gideon character, which is something you'd probably liked. Hotch's wife became a horrible bitch out of nowhere. She's probably cheating on him and she took their kid and ran away. At least, the way they handled Gideon's character it leaves the possibility for him to return in the future if he wishes, which I doubt.

Foomanchew24
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Kind of a vague send off for Gideon but at least they didn't send him out like a bitch. I had thought the wife was being a bitch because he was going to be home more often, because she was having an extramarital affair. She wants him to change jobs so he can be home more so she is just a plain old bitch that doesn’t stand by her man. It has to suck being the only parent at home though.

Munsu
Fri, 10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Last episode was nice, I especially liked this serial killer and the methods he used. For a moment I thought he was going to kill his whole family. I liked how as he was killing them he still kept psycho-analyzing them, and making notes on their "progress".

Munsu
Thu, 11-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Watched the last episode yet?

It was one of the best episodes in the series... Jamie Kennedy was awesome, even serving human flesh to the town. And the whole thing with Garcia was great.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 11-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I was thinking the guy looked like Jamie Kennedy but thought....nah too subdued. He did a nice peice of acting or perhaps did a nice job of not being himself. This episode was certainly interesting with him thinking he was possesd by a flesh eating demon and all. WTF at the ending though....guy said he was waiting all night to do that....makes me think he knew about her before they met. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

Munsu
Sun, 11-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, last episode was nice... they brought that dude from Buffy as a love interest, wonder if he'll stick around. That aside, I was really hoping that Garcia would die.

Munsu
Thu, 01-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Finally watched the latest episode... it was interesting to see the FBI deal with the witness protection people. It was also interesting to see Spencer completely miss the psycho-analysis of the father... he had no influence on the guy, so I wonder if that'll carry over to future episodes. But what I found most interesting is that Joe Mantegna's daughter had a role on this episode as the kidnapped chick... I thought she did quite well, and she isn't bad looking I'd say.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:42 PM
You always seem to notice more than I do in the show....Anyways I thought it was good episode, got to love the cliff hanger endings we always seem to get with TV shows. It was almost the exact same cliffhanger as CSI Miami (there goes originality out the door). I would be really surprised if it was not the guy from Louisiana. The blond is the only decent looking chick on the show so they better not kill her off. Does no one else watch this?

Munsu
Fri, 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I wonder if we're the only two that do watch this here... anyways, the last case is pretty good with the Summer of Sam angle. I don't know who's on the car that exploded, but my belief would be towards Morgan just because I think they'll make the Brittish chick a suspect.

Yeah, I love JJ so I hope they don't kill her off, plus she has the baby and all... Can't be the New Orleans guy because that would mean JJ is also in the car.

Munsu
Sun, 08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
Finally a promo for the next season came out, to a tune by AC/DC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HBaR9_Lwg8

The promo looks incredible, the next episode should be awesome.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 09-02-2008, 12:17 AM
THe promo was pretty bad ass. I kinda forgot about the crime they were investigating but after the promo I can't wait for September 24th to come around. THe opener looks to be non-stop action. More people should be watching this.

Munsu
Thu, 09-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Well, the premiere was awesome as expected...

Those Hotchner scenes were great, and the footage of the blast from the street cameras were a great touch. It was quite messed up that Hotch and the chick were all fucked up and no one wanted to help them. I liked that whole scenario. I wonder if we'll ever learn who the secret service was protecting.

Munsu
Tue, 12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, didn't discuss anything last season, but have you been watching this season? It's been completely awesome, maybe the best one yet (though I still think the first season might have been the best with Gideon). The latest episode was really good, don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it.

Zati
Wed, 12-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Yep, this season is shaping up very nicely. With Hotch deciding to step down as captain, so the team could be still kept together, and then letting Morgan take over.

The last episode was riveting and awesome. Hotch finally exacted his vengeance on "The Reaper," but at the cost of his ex-wife, unfortunately.

Munsu
Wed, 12-02-2009, 11:18 PM
The scene on the cell phone was really good, and the ass kicking Hotch gave at the end when he went beastial, was completely awesome.

Zati
Wed, 12-02-2009, 11:39 PM
The cell phone scenes were well done. They made it pretty thrilling.

Yeah, that was absolutely badass. It was very cool seeing Hotch so pissed and enraged. 'Cause we all know him as the calm and composed guy, but lately we got to see a different side of him.

David75
Sun, 01-03-2010, 03:25 AM
There's no download section in the Movies and TV...

Well, my wife got an interrest in that show.
Since she's got no other language than French, I need french downloads. My best shot would be french Canadian rips I guess.
Does anyone know of good direct download sources for french material?
Torrents are incredibly slow for that show that probably is of no interrest for French people.

Why would I need help? because I seldomly get French material from the internet and thus have no favourite tool/site/forum that would be reliable for searches.

Thanks for reading me

Munsu
Sun, 01-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Looking around, I don't see where you could go to download this in french. Did a couple of searches in newsgroups and found very little. Maybe through DC++, though I wouldn't know what servers to join, etc.

David75
Sun, 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Looking around, I don't see where you could go to download this in french. Did a couple of searches in newsgroups and found very little. Maybe through DC++, though I wouldn't know what servers to join, etc.

Thanks a lot.
I'm having the torrents to run, will wait for some more days.
Also, I can't find season 1 and 2, both torrents are dead.
I will use my usual method for hard to get material: 1 search a week/month and eventually I'll find the right combination of words/places and get a little lucky (reseed or equivalent.)

Munsu
Sun, 01-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks a lot.
I'm having the torrents to run, will wait for some more days.
Also, I can't find season 1 and 2, both torrents are dead.
I will use my usual method for hard to get material: 1 search a week/month and eventually I'll find the right combination of words/places and get a little lucky (reseed or equivalent.)
Emule often has french rips of various shows if I remember correctly... so you might want to try that too.

Xrlderek
Mon, 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Downloaded some seasons of the show. Do the characters keep developing, will be there be some semiunderlying plots sometimes as well as the episodic plots? I've watched until episode 6 of the first season and I like it so far.

Munsu
Mon, 01-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Yep. Procedural shows by nature don't have that much character development, but there is some. And yes there are some semunderlying plots.