PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Mirai Nikki

animus
Sun, 09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Also known as the Future Diary:

High school 2nd year, Amano Yukiteru, is a boy who has problem making friends. He thinks of himself as a bystander and will always write down everything he sees in a cell phone diary.

Tormented by solitude, Yukiteru began to imagine things like a friend called Deus X Makina who is apparently the Lord of Time & Space. Seeing Yukiteru's miserable state, Deus gives him a new ability. His diary will now record events that will happen in the near future. Yukiteru is then forced to participate in a game which the winner will become Deus's successor.

The manga is really amazing. If you haven't read it you should. It's like a cross between Death Note and Battle Royale somewhat and the theme is quite unique. After I read first 1 or 2 chapters, I was hungering for more and more.

There's currently around 20 chapters scanlated, though there are missing chapters not known by mangaupdates they're up there on Lurk. Git! Go read this! You won't be disappointed if you're into psychological thrillers.

Everon
Tue, 09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of creating a thread, but looks like you beat me to it.

Its a fun read since a lot of the characters are crazy and neurotic. Reminds me a lot of the Higurashi anime. Pretty anime characters doing the unexpected.

Munsu
Mon, 12-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, I'm thinking of starting this series... any of you guys still reading it and still recommend it? Please don't spoil in the next couple of post if at all possible. Thanks. Feel free to pm me if you preffer.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't read much manga but I am very much a fan of this one, though that may be heavily influenced but my infatuation with a particular character. Still I think it's interesting story overall and it is entertaining to read and wonder what will happen next. To be objective though I think the story could perhaps be told better than it has been with more details coming before the fact rather than after but maybe that's more of a stylistic desire of mine than anything else.

Munsu
Mon, 12-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Sounds good, I'll go with that. Hopefully I'll give it a shot within the next few days. Thanks.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
This manga is pretty awesome, mainly because of the interactions of the two main characters.

The premise is a little ridiculous, but the psychotic characters keep it interesting.

Unfortunately it only seems to come out once a month.

Archangel
Sat, 01-08-2011, 02:28 PM
So after having finished, am i the only one thinking that although the manga itself was good it leaves a sense of clusterfuck in your head?

And i mean even before the concept of alternate worlds was introduced, though the characters were realistic in a sense that you could relate to their pain the situations around them were often too ludicrous for me to find them the least bit believable. It's a mixture of realism and "too convenient situations" that makes me to wonder just what was the author going for.

Also the ending... doesn't it mean that the third world's Yukki is forever_alone.jpg? Not to mention forced doesn't even begin to describe it. Seems to me it would have been better off to leave the second world's Yukki in Limbo for his sins with the third world being left to its happy ending.

But hey, overall i think i had a kick out of reading the series. I have a thing for yanderes and the planning and strategy around the fights wasn't all that bad. 7.5/10

Archangel
Fri, 04-22-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-21/future-diary-tv-anime-confirmed-for-fall

Inb4 censorship

Sapphire
Tue, 10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GI4eS.jpg banner plz

Archangel
Tue, 10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Seriously?

Sig/Banner Requests! (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/4192-Sig-Banner-Requests!)

Sapphire
Tue, 10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Looks like a spoiler, though.

Archangel
Tue, 10-11-2011, 02:11 PM
It's Yuno looking batshit crazy, not only is that not a spoiler it's the whole fucking premise to the series.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-11-2011, 02:17 PM
She's not yandere yet.

Can't you go cry at someone else? All I want is a banner and I don't want to spoil people.

Archangel
Tue, 10-11-2011, 02:19 PM
...whatever, it's not like the thread is being used for anything else. Go full retard all you want.

Xrlderek
Wed, 11-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Just read through it.. I wish it was less messy and a bit less ridiculous with the characters(toddler kid etc).. still a good read though.

Archangel
Wed, 11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Just read through it.. I wish it was less messy and a bit less ridiculous with the characters(toddler kid etc).. still a good read though.
The deal breaker for me was the ending.