PDA

View Full Version : Shakugan no Shana Second

Pages : [1] 2

Munsu
Sun, 09-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Here's a translated teaser for the second series of Shakugan no Shana:
http://www.nyaatorrents.org./?page=torrentinfo&tid=3577

Don't know what the second series is going to be about, but it starts on October 4 in Japan.

With Claymore finishing up, Eclipse should be doing this for sure.

If you don't know what this series is, go watch the first series, here's the discussion thread:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=11567

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/7792/12642xq1.jpg

http://www.shakugan.com/
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5145

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I for one can't wait to see the second season. I really liked the first one. I really wonder what it will be about though. But it seems that Yuji is learning to control his power thanks to the Reiji Meigo (sp?) That music of the promo is kickass though.

animus
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:36 AM
I see more hotties.

Church
Sun, 09-09-2007, 10:26 AM
O GOD SHANA IS HAWT!
Wait, isn't there supposed to be a movie?

Munsu
Sun, 09-09-2007, 10:30 AM
The movie was simply the first 4 or so episodes redone.

Kraco
Sun, 09-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Damn, the de arimasu woman is still there. I hope she won't get any lines or will be interrupted every time before she can finish her lines.

Looks good otherwise. Maybe Yuuji will kick ass this time. After all, he got much practice of kicking ass from Zero no Tsukaima...

Lucifus
Sun, 09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, a Second Shakugan no Shana. This thread just made my day. I for one can't wait.

Think Eclipse will be picking it up? Any other candidates for sub?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Shana is one of my favorite animes, and those of you who know me should know why. My only complaint from before was the reaaally weak ending it had. Since the second season explains that (the OAV too), I love it more in retrospect.

EDIT - Unfortunately, Yuuji seems to have become less kickass in ZnT 2, so we shouldnt expect amazing exploits for him here.

Kraco
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:55 AM
EDIT - Unfortunately, Yuuji seems to have become less kickass in ZnT 2, so we shouldnt expect amazing exploits for him here.

Yeah. That is unfortunately very true. But maybe he was conserving his strength so that he can kick ass in Shana 2! He was somewhat inconsistent during the first season of Shana, but it's safe to say the general direction was up. Though if we assume the enemies get stronger, then whatever development he has gone through might have been for naught. It's not like he would have infinite potential.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-10-2007, 02:22 AM
would season 2 be no good without season 1?

Munsu
Mon, 09-10-2007, 02:35 AM
What do you mean?

If you mean that you need to watch season 1 first, of course you do. It would be pointless not to watch season 1 and just jump on season 2.

Yukimura
Mon, 09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Theoretically Yuuji would have almost infinite potential if he found a way to externally store and recall power of existence. In addition to how much he starts out with each night he could use the stored up stuff for big flashy things at need. Hopefully they'll develop him to take advantage of that.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah and he DID become on with Hecate to put it that way. And they said she could store an infinite amount of excistance so maybe Yuuji's own capacety increased because of that?

TruthofMistake
Mon, 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh god, I cannot wait for this. I've wanted it so much. >.<

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-10-2007, 09:06 PM
That sounds sexual, though I do know what you mean.

Yuuji's role I think will always be Shana's support, since Shana is the main character. His power is also geared towards that kind of fighting. I just hope that he doesnt become a liability (like getting fucking kidnapped) like before.

animus
Mon, 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I hope he like, implodes once a day to expend his energy early so we don't have to hear him talk much.

animus
Wed, 10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Well according to anidb, the first episode is supposed to air on the 15th, meaning this Friday. Hopefully we get a sub out of Eclipse or something the same day or the day after.

After the failure that was Yuuji in ZnT2, SnS2's Yuuji has to be better than that.

Kraco
Wed, 10-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I guess you meant 5th, not 15th. But anyway, I wonder if even Eclipse can get the first episode out so fast. With OP and ED and everything...

animus
Wed, 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Oof yeah, I meant the 5th. They got their first episode of Claymore out pretty fast didn't they?

kooshi
Wed, 10-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Doesn't mean that the first episode for Shana 2 will be out that quickly as well (although we can hope they will =D ).

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-04-2007, 12:59 AM
First season was good. Looks like I finished it just in time too. Does anyone know if this season's going to join the HD craze?

animus
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Episode 1 XviD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5b01704C46%5d.avi.torrent)
Episode 1 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2001%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bBC008F80%5d.mkv.tor rent)

kooshi
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:41 PM
EDIT: blargh, beat me by a minute, haha

Kraco
Sun, 10-07-2007, 12:59 PM
It's good to see Eclipse (and SS) still have the muscles for this as well, despite having a few projects now running, in total.

kenren
Sun, 10-07-2007, 01:00 PM
WOOOT~ DOWNLOAD!

yeah, I love Eclipse and SS :)

Kraco
Sun, 10-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Alright. The momentum of this series is on a whole different level than Zero 2's. There also seemed to be references aplenty in the air. I didn't even watch the movie because I thought I remember the first season well enough, but if they keep throwing references to the first season this much in the future, I wonder how much I'll partially miss. Still, it shouldn't have been anything unexpected, all things considered.

Looked very good, all in all. Melon pan included...

animus
Sun, 10-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Shana's Shut up! x 3 made it's appearance again.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-07-2007, 05:34 PM
Man this ep was great, I'd forgotten how much I liked Friagne, and the twins in wide screen were just as creepy as ever. But I was surprised at how they started it out with such a big mind warp, this really doesn't seem like a show you're meant to be able to just walk into without season one. At the end of episode one even having seen the first season I have very little idea of what's going on. But on an episodic level, pretty much everything was there, Shana vs Yoshida stare down, melon bread, Yuji getting abused, Margarie's in a drunken fit, flames, and of course, Urusai.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Every time Shana says "Urusai" 3 times, I can't help but think of the "Uruchai" in the Shanatan eps :D
Maybe a bit too early to say this, but I really want to see more of Shanatan.. pure gold.

As stated above somewhere, I thought as well that I remembered the 1st season good enough. I was wrong. The names were blurry and I forgot that that puppet-guy is supposed to be dead. Even now I can't remember it ;)

Board of Command
Sun, 10-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah. I forgot most of the first season already. I don't even remember how it ended...

Yukimura
Sun, 10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Last season ended with Shana rescuing Yuji from a device that Bal Masque had hooked him up to to create an infinite fountain of Power of Existence. Shana got Yuji out of the machine and chased off the members of Bal Masque but there was so much Power of Existence it was going to destroy the city. So Shana decided to summon Alastor into the world, which would absorb all the extra Power of Existence but kill Shana. However, a Deus Ex Machina made it so Shana didn't die and so they saved the city and went off together.

I thought they decided to leave the city together but apparently that was not what happened.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
i remembered quite a bit, and the mind-fuck became clear when Friagne showed up again. Shana's voice is still annoying, and the loli factor is through the roof again, but I'm hoping the romance story gets back to its excellence again. I'm not much for 'magical loli' shows, but that was one part I liked about the original.

Yuji got his memory erased of having the 'deja vu mindfuck' ? or did that Tomogara do it? I like her ability, and it was a clever way of recapping, using old animation, and still starting off a new plotline. I'm hoping this series turns out well, not a bad first episode.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-09-2007, 01:20 AM
By the looks of it, dying was all part of the plan for the mindwarping Tomogara. Only watched the first season about a month ago, so everything's fresh. Still, the transient dream was cleverly confusing. The OP is probably my favourite so far this season too...now just waiting for the single

kooshi
Tue, 10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
It was quite an interesting way of doing a recap episode. I thought I was losing my mind for a moment when I saw scenes from the first season happening again.
And yay for OP! This is what the show has been missing for me: some sort of rockish beat, haha. It may be only me, but the first few seconds of the OP seem very Guilty Gear-ish, haha.

Xrlderek
Thu, 10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Looks like it'll be a good season. The OP is one of my favourites so far as well, I've always liked the OPs of this show. I thought the way they started the season off was great too.

Kraco
Sat, 10-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Red Hot Chili Shana:

Episode 2 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2002%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bB248BDF5%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 2 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5b26AE1470%5d.avi.torrent)

animus
Sat, 10-13-2007, 09:08 PM
It's nice to know Yuji finally starting to atleast be a little useful, besides him being Shana's buffbot.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-13-2007, 09:12 PM
With this powerup, he can potentially be much more powerful than even his lil flame haze. Lets all hope that he is at least able to use it to not be her liability.

LaZie
Sat, 10-13-2007, 10:43 PM
So does anyone know what a Keeper is? Or is this the first time it has been mentioned?

Lucifus
Sat, 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I have no clue. Its been so long since I've last seen Shana. I'ma have to rewatch it. Could be its been mentioned and I have no idea.

Great opening and endings as always. From these two eps, SnS Second definatly looks promising.

Oakleya
Sat, 10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
"Keeper" isn't really a direct translate, it's rather a term eclipse/ss came up with, it's just to make it easier to say.

Kaikin/Keeper it means when directly translated think it is "Forbids and Bound".

Now when this happens, I do remember there is something Rammie/Corpse Retriever try to tell Yuji "Not only you do not disappear, but you're..." , there was something Rammie was going to tell Yuji but did not.

Well I guess it was hinted.

That was probably "one" of the reason Bal Masque didn't take Reiji Maigo from him at the end of the first season.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-14-2007, 01:02 AM
I love how Shana is so emotionally dependent on Yujii she has to drag him to every fight with her no matter the circumstance. You'd think Alastor would be concerned that he's lost the cold hard killing machine he used to have for a Flame Haze and now has to deal with a love struck loli with 0 capacity for rational thought whenever Yuuji is involved.

Yuuji having as much raw power as a Crimson Lord(like Alastor and Marcosius) was a bit of a surprise, hopefully he'll learn to be useful now, but without being tacky and cliché. This "Keeper" thing will obviously be important, but my biggest question would be is it something he's always been or is it something else that's a side effect of the Bal Masque incident...

And Wilhelmina as usual just made the whole episode better her expressions and comments were hilarious.

oyabun
Sun, 10-14-2007, 09:11 AM
Why didn't the keeper appeared when Hecate connected with the Reiji maigo in the last season? maybe this "keeper" just came out after the Bal masque incident.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Every time Shana says "Urusai" 3 times, I can't help but think of the "Uruchai" in the Shanatan eps :D
Maybe a bit too early to say this, but I really want to see more of Shanatan.. pure gold.

well, apparently someone in Japan is listening to you!

Shakugan no Shanatan - Movie - Eclipse & Static-Subs - avi format (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shanatan%20The%20Movi e%20(XviD)%20%5b7382CBC1%5d.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Why didn't the keeper appeared when Hecate connected with the Reiji maigo in the last season? maybe this "keeper" just came out after the Bal masque incident.

Maybe it's because Hecate didn't want to take the Reigi Maigo from him, she was more interested in being "filled" with his emotions. I can't remember if any other Tomogara has actually grabbed the Hougu inside Yuuji before. The closest was Metamorphis in the Aizen Siblings arc. But all it showed was him reaching inside, then "What, don't tell me you have........haha, I see, I'll be taking it now.", reaches further, then gets buffeted by Margery.

Or maybe the keeper's power is proportional to the strength of the Mystes, so now that he's a giant pool of existence, if you dare touch it, BANG.

Shana's bento looked like hatching cocoons.

Hiwatari
Thu, 10-18-2007, 07:04 AM
can't wait for the single Joint by Mami Kawada to be released on 31st October...the OP has a very nice dance theme to it...cool!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-19-2007, 02:32 AM
The ED sounds very similar to the OP/ED of Kaleido Star. Agreeing with your opinion about the OP.

Kraco
Sat, 10-20-2007, 12:47 PM
A giant pool of existence in which Shana would like to swim:

Episode 3 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2003%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b0F03B68A%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 3 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2003%20(XviD)%20%5b50F48555%5d.avi.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Is it me or did Margery said that there were 3 Flame Haze in the city. Shane, Margery...but who is the thrid one? Maybe they mistranslated or something. Or it could be that other guy who appeared in season 1. Forgot his name though. Anyway looking forward to the next episode. Looks like that one will be more drama XD

Kraco
Sun, 10-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah. I was also wonder who the third one is. But then again, I realised during the first ep already I don't remember enough of the first episode, so I just thought oh, well... and forgot it.

The preview made me wonder just how many women does Yuuji need before he's satisfied. But then again, it's Saito we are talking about, so no number of girls is too many...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-21-2007, 08:31 AM
This episode was quite interesting. When Margery said 3 Flame Hazes. I thought she was referring to Konoe. At first though, I actually thought Konoe was Metamorphis, because in ep 2 he said he was leaving to do his job.

That weak-ass Tomogara was a joke. I thought all his rings were anti-flame rings, but they did nothing. Even the dream-eater one from last episode knew what it was up against and what it was doing.

As for "the girls develop feelings they've never felt before."...If it's jealousy, don't they feel that somewhat whenever Yuuji eats the other's bento? Sounds like Konoe was really living some noble lifestyle. lol at her emptying her bag.

EDIT: Oh, it was Wilhelmina. Can't believe I forgot her. Then again, she didn't get any screentime this ep. Probably practicing her cooking skills.

But then again, it's Saito we are talking about, so no number of girls is too many... Saito? As in Sato the rich guy who's parents aren't around, why him?

Kraco
Sun, 10-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Saito? As in Sato the rich guy who's parents aren't around, why him?

Saito from Zero no Tsukaima (the main pair of that series was voice acted by the same seiyuu pair as here in Shana).

animus
Sun, 10-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Too bad none of them are well-endowed.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm glad the show is starting to feel like it did back in Season 1 again, the mind-trippiness of ep 1 is wearing off and now we've got fights, jealousy, and mysteries popping up all over. Poor Yuji though, he clearly has no idea what it means to be liked by several girls at the same time and how bad it can turn out (School Days). Of course it's clearly not going to go that far but he's in for a rude awakening if he starts getting too tight with the new girl.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-22-2007, 01:03 AM
And still no light on this mysterious keeper. It seems that we'll have to wait a while before it's explained, since Shana seems to be a little busy next ep to investigate this matter. :D. Does anyone think there may be a relationship between Konoe and the girl in the OP with green hair? They both seem attracted to Yuuji in the same way.

Munsu
Mon, 10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
She said three Flame Haze, no mistranslation.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I think Yuuji left the Blutsauger behind last season. I'd be awesome if they still had it now. With Yuuji's enormous power of existence capacity, it'd be lethal.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I think the third flame haze is the kid that showed up near the end of the first season.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Shana + Margery + Wilhelmina = 3 most likely Flame Haze, but who knows, maybe Khamsin never actually left and instead has been inhabiting Wilhelmina's body this whole time waiting for the right time to strike...

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot all about the maid.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-24-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah. I was also wonder who the third one is.

Oh, it was Wilhelmina.

Guess I should have said it more explicitly. I'm assuming that whoever's contracted to the Alastor is inherently strong, since everyone knows the title, which emphasizes the "Flame of Heaven". It'll be interesting to find out how the first Flame-haired warrior fought, since Shana acquired her sword from that Mystes.

Everyone remember Silver? The enemy Margery was after in Season one? I think he'll be some sort of final boss in this season, being encouraged by that silver gauntlet in the OP.

Kraco
Wed, 10-24-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, for my own part I've to confess I totally forgot Wilhelmina is one of them. I just kept thinking she's Shana's maid and nothing more... Despite the scenes where she trains Yuuji.

Yukimura
Sat, 10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Shakugan no Shana Second - 04 XviD - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2004%20(XviD)%20%5bB1B1330B%5d.avi.torrent)
Shakugan no Shana Second - 04 (1280x720) h264 - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2004%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b76998BE7%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Well, another mention of this mysterious Keeper, but nothing new yet. From what I got from Eclipse and Static Subs, it seems this Keeper is a guardian of some sort. Not as in a protective unrestricted spell, but more like an entity that's got a mind. Wilhelmina's being cautious about it, so it should be pretty interesting. Will all this Konoe business next ep, we probably won't get much info on it till later in the series.

Can't wait till next week. Wilhelmina's going to ask Chigusa for advice. No fighting for another week, aside from training, but Wilhelmina vs Chigusa will be entertaining. Wonder what's going to be the first thing she's gonna mutter.

Yukimura
Sat, 10-27-2007, 09:15 PM
IS Eclipse-SS slipping or something...I noticed 3 misspelling/grammar mistakes and a blatant encoding screw up in the 1280x720 release. Unprecedented for me.

Anyway, surprisingly the school drama aspects of the show are not just fluff on top of the action, jealousy is a bitch and they are doing a very nice job of exploring it from the perspective of the two lovers who are now experianceing it. I'm glad Yoshida at least recognizes it in herself but Shana has no idea what it is she's feeling and is digging a deeper hole for herself by antagonizing Yuuji (who obviously cares about Shana the most and only pities Hecate Jr). The scene at the end with Shana and Yoshida sharing a dejected meal togeather was excellent.

Kraco
Sun, 10-28-2007, 10:15 AM
What is Konoe? Some hollow clone or an artificial human? Birds don't behave like that around normal people; it was like the animals didn't view her as a living thing, or something like that. Not to mention the girl seems to be quite out of everything.

Next episode should indeed be interesting.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-28-2007, 10:35 AM
The love triangle feels like it is on a standstill. Instead of trying to resolve it a bit, the plot adds another complication. Im still not sure how it will turn out, but the relationship between them and Yuuji feels incredibly unnatural, even for a harem anime.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-28-2007, 07:30 PM
It'd make sense if Konoe is indeed someone sent by Bel Peol to cause chaos and discomfort between Yuuji and Shana. Shana could get so annoyed that she'd ignore or refuse to see/speak to Yuuji, as may so well happen next episode. That'll open up a weakness for Bel Peol to attack. Only thing is now, assuming Konoe isn't a Tomogara as she passed all the tests, then who/what is she? (Kraco mentioned this before too).

One thing that's confusing me is, okay, she may have been living a princess lifestyle so she doesn't know how to make her lunch or unpack her bag. But running into an empty pool?? That's just lacking common sense in my opinion. But that's her character I guess.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
It's possible she is some sort of construct, and her lack of common sense could be the result of only having existed for a few months. Maybe Bel Peol (or someone else) created her with an Unrestricted Spell that mimics a human being similar to how a torch works and then taught her just enough to be endearing. They could have even implanted a sub-conscious attachment to Yuuji into her mind, and sent her there to stir things up between he and Shana.

Everon
Mon, 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Actually I think its Hecate. Something tells me that bracelet of hers is concealing her Tonagura side.

This whole thing about clones or soulless bodies seems a little too complicated. If you guys remember, Hecate in the previous season had no will of her own. It makes sense that Konoe (Hecate) gives off an innocent aura. She's only understands basic desires.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Actually I think its Hecate. Something tells me that bracelet of hers is concealing her Tonagura side.

That may well be the case, but to me it seemed that bracelet was too "normal". I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. Tactically, that'd be very desirable, but for anime, being too "normal" is like being insignificant. I'll be keeping this in mind for future episodes though.

She's only understands basic desires.

And that would be...Yuuji?

More development on Shana: she likes Supersized Sundaes!!!

Perhaps as much as melon bread. She chowed that down without smiling this episode. (though, it's very understandable as to why.)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Strawberry Sundae....heh :p

Anyway I do believe that it is the actual Hecate only that brace is a Hougo that completely seals off any power existance. Because we havent'seen Hecate while we have seen the other members of Bel Peol.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Without further ado, Nipponsei brings you Shakugan no Shana Second OP ED by Kawada Mami

http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20II%20OP% 20ED%20Single%20-%20JOINT%20%5BKawada%20Mami%5D.zip.torrent

Shadow Skill
Thu, 11-01-2007, 10:29 AM
I like how this series took a turn. :)

LaZie
Sat, 11-03-2007, 03:14 PM
[SS-Eclipse] brings to you Shakugan no Shana Second episode 05 in

XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2005%20(XviD)%20%5b24DCFE3C%5d.avi.torrent)
h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2005%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b7F018A15%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Everon
Sat, 11-03-2007, 09:14 PM
That may well be the case, but to me it seemed that bracelet was too "normal". I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. Tactically, that'd be very desirable, but for anime, being too "normal" is like being insignificant. I'll be keeping this in mind for future episodes though.

Well, Episode 5 pretty much spells out the bracelet's significance.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Well, Episode 5 pretty much spells out the bracelet's significance.

Yeah, I'm completely with you now. In fact, I don't think they could have made the butler's bracelet any shinier, hehe.

I'm assuming the butler's Senpen, aka Metamorphis, since he's always looking after "his hecate". He left Seireiden before she did too, probably to organise the mansion and everything.

I'm just wondering how they can imitate humans so well. And Konoe seems to always find the right moment to tug on Yuuji's shirt. The rooms inside the mansion look really similar to those of the Seireiden too.

Shana still doesn't quite understand her feelings. Kazumi understands hers as pain, and Ike starts taking action.

"Your body wont last if you stick around with the Seeker of Pleasure, Margery Daw."- it works on two levels. :D

They also used their fight/tension music when Shana entered the kitchen, which built up the mood very well, even if we all knew it was only cooking. I thought it was actually going to be good until I saw the Cabbage Cactus.

More "people relationship" development next ep with their study group. Can't wait to hear what Margery has to say to them.

Kraco
Sun, 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Just when you thought the infamous melon bread is running out, a new batch is delivered:

Episode 6 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2006%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bCF4EE57B%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 6 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5b25013CEB%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: Shana is one of those series I really wouldn't like to have to criticize too harshly, because the first season left me only with good memories, but I think this is getting a bit ridiculous already. It's only so long that you can stretch this manner of triangle with nothing at all happening for multiple episodes. Or I suppose something happened in this episode but in all honestly not nearly enough.

This is starting to transform into an ordinary high school love drama bit by bit because there's absolutely no relevant action going on. Maybe they are building something with Konoe, maybe not, but whatever the case, it's taking too long. If it absolutely needs to take so long, they could at least send some villains off less relevance in to remind every now and then this is supposed to be an action series as well.

The whole unbalanced situation is strongly underlined by the fact how the OP, ED, and other elements still look like they belong to a series depicting even pretty grim undercurrents that were present in the first season but pretty much absent in this one so far.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-12-2007, 02:21 AM
I was actually excited when I saw the Fuzetsu near the end of the episode, but it was only Yuuji training. I agree, it was a little slow, but now that they're on better terms with each other, I think we'll finally move on. I'd really rather they had this in the beginning and not near the end. That would be unforgivable. Looks like Ike's going to make a move next ep. It's not like him to be scheming and such, but it should be interesting. With this building trust and dropping defense against Konoe, Shana and the flame hazes will probably not notice anything about Konoe until she decides to reveal herself. I was actually trying to guess the person to discover about the bracelet. Yuuji's the sharpest, but I doubt it'll be him, if anybody.

Kraco
Mon, 11-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Yuuji's the sharpest, but I doubt it'll be him, if anybody.

Sharpest... Honestly, his sharpness is getting questionable because he still hasn't figured out what bothered Shana and Kazumi.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Yuuji, the sharpest? That is like saying Shana is the most mature and Kazumi is the loudest in the show.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
He's sharpest when he's in battle. From last season, he was the one who saw through the Corpse Retriever's bird trick, while Margery figured it out at the same time with the aid of the Harindan. He also understood the nature of the unrestricted spell Bal Masque set up during the festival, and how they must expose a weakness when the airship came or something. Thinking out the dream this season was also another feat that showed Yuuji's level of intellect. I can imagine may others trying to persuade the Flame Hazes that something's wrong rather than think yourself is the one being influenced.

He's not the sharpest when noticing people's feelings around him, but to me, that isn't saying he isn't sharp. Maybe it's his attitude. His expression is dead serious when he's thinking about those problems, but he's a bit more carefree with his friends.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-12-2007, 08:46 AM
I agree, Yuuji is one of the only cast members who can think clearly when he's in a serious situation and won't let personal issues slow him down. It's likely that this battle insight is related to his lack of personal insight, he can't be slowed down thinking about things he doesn't even notice.

And I too feel like the show is turning into a full time romance/school life series with a minor action element. My theory is that the producers are trying to draw in new viewers with the more prominent romance angle in the early stages in the hope that they'll want to stick around once the show switches to a more action orientated plot.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Its too much romance though, since not much new development happens between the characters. The love triangle (or well, square) is getting a bit old. I hope Yuuji uses a bit of his "sharpness" in critical situations for his romantic life.

EDIT: I still think that Yuuji isnt exactly the sharpest among them, but rather, he usually has the least to do when the time comes. While Shana and the others are usually stuck fighting, his only use before was to think and so he did. If Shana or the maid or even Margery had that much freedom, Im sure they would have been able to do the same thing.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I wonder what's keeping both groups from their usually timely releases this week...probably raw issues.

KitKat
Tue, 11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Its too much romance though, since not much new development happens between the characters. The love triangle (or well, square) is getting a bit old. I hope Yuuji uses a bit of his "sharpness" in critical situations for his romantic life.

Yeah, more than a bit old. This anime is dragging painfully. The plot needs some serious forward momentum very soon. The character development is nice, but it shouldn't completely take over the anime. This is an action series after all, at least, the first season was. Now that Yuuji has so much more potential, I'd like to see that potential being put to use rather than endless scenes of girls making him lunch. *crosses fingers for something ultra-cool to happen in the next episode to make up for sub-par previous episodes*

Xrlderek
Fri, 11-23-2007, 11:12 AM
EP 7 xvid - Ayako & Your-Mom (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/%5BAyako-YM%5D_Shakugan_no_Shana_II_-_07_%5B704x400%5D%5BXVID%5D%5B1FA6F87E%5D.avi.torr ent)
EP 7 h264 - Ayako & Your-Mom (http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/%5BAyako-YM%5D_Shakugan_no_Shana_II_-_07_%5B1280x720%5D%5BH264%5D%5B2A1791B2%5D.mkv.tor rent)

LaZie
Fri, 11-23-2007, 03:32 PM
This episode was pretty boring, but atleast the preview for episode 8 looks promising.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-24-2007, 06:42 AM
It took a week, but they say late is better than never. Definitely true in this case.

Eclipse's version: Shakugan no Shana Second Episode 7

H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2007%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bF451BCF6%5d.mkv.tor rent)
XVID (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5bB0CAA81F%5d.avi.torrent)

edit: And ep 8

H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2008%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b98AA3DE5%5d.mkv.tor rent)
XVID (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2008%20(XviD)%20%5b7D1D30C5%5d.avi.torrent)

DDBen
Sat, 11-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Well 7 was physically painful to watch I'd almost suggest deleting it from the archive I mean what the heck was that.

8 was significantly better but still not that great this show really needs to pick up and fast.

Anyone know how many episodes this season is?

Yukimura
Sun, 11-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Man poor Ike, what a total loser. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson anyway and just give it up. No young girl will eve like someone like him. He should just focus on becoming a rich salaryman and then find an arranged partner around 25-30.

Anyway why should I have to give Ike dating advice in this thread where the hell is Shakugan no Shana? Where are the flaming swords and ripped pantyhose. Where is Urusai, Urusai, Urusai. Thanks to market shits this season I do like romance stories, but Shana II was supposed to be a break from this kind of thing. The most interesting/exciting scenes in the last few eps were all Margery flashbacks and the main character barely does anything of note.

However Yuuji countering the fake Rinne and potentially being able to cast Unrestricted Spells is a good development but it's almost like the story doesn't care they way it just brushed it aside in favor of Keisaku and Eita's little pow wow with Margery.

LaZie
Sun, 11-25-2007, 03:12 AM
At least we now know that normal humans can become flame hazes. Or well....at least I learned that while watching ep 8.

Kraco
Sun, 11-25-2007, 06:46 AM
I didn't much like this episode 8. While it might be a lot more interesting than the useless amusement park trip, I still can't see how it's supposed to take the story forward. Good flashbacks to history are something that build background for events yet to come or explain important things. I wonder what this one is going to explain, considering Margery isn't even a main character.

And why the heck was Yuuji such a chicken in front of the mock Rinne? Goddam he's almost as annoying as that brat flame haze wannabe in Margery's flashback. This season is seriously turning to shit. People were saying Nanoha Strikers didn't get to the point fast enough but I'm starting to wonder if this thing even has a point to begin with...

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM
last season, they had a flashback of Shana's past around this time too. I'm hoping that this really does contribute to the story. Keeper was mentioned again, finally, and Wilhelmina in her research mentioned Pheles. I think that's the name for the green haired character in the OP. I'm also guessing she's a flame haze. Maybe a Keeper is a flame haze of sorts. Like the Tuner from last season, Keepers may have specialized roles, in this case, to protect valuable Hougu from the Tomogara.

This ep did explain how Metamorphis and Margery met, so that's one thing. As for Yuuji acting scared, it was the initial shock. Even if you know it's fake, a replica of your worst fear manifested right in front of you takes some calming down. He did that in a reasonable amount of time. I'm wondering how he defeated it though. Was it the shear force of his punch, or did he channel Power of Existence into it or something and it blew up.

Shana 2 goes for 24 eps, finishes March 14 2008

animus
Mon, 11-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I just hope Yuuji becomes a kickass pugilist or something.

Xrlderek
Sun, 12-02-2007, 10:52 AM
EP 9 mkv SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2009%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b70773909%5d.mkv.tor rent)
EP 9 avi SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2009%20(XviD)%20%5bB53C9E1A%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
A rather interesting episode. While I still don't think the Margery flashback was really that necessary, ultimately, at least it might have built her character more, which, after all, could turn out to be important seeing how Yuuji suddenly is linked to the Silver, apparently. This was certainly something I didn't see coming, and thus it was an all the more pleasant surprise. I'm still hoping Yuuji will become kickass (pugilist) as well, and not just some gasp inducing peculiarity and further passive plot device.

Also, I'm immesely pleased the flame haze brat in Margery's memoirs got himself killed.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 12-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Well I actually like the episode. The ending of it anyway. So I am guessing that Silver is the keeper of the Reigi Meigo (sp?). I think Pheles is its real name. Silver has to be a nickname for him because ...well he IS silver. But it would make sense that he is the keeper. I mean those treasures are made by very very powerfull Tomogara. Or Kings of Guze. So it could be that he is the creator of the Reigi Meigo and is also it's keeper.

In anycase I can already see it happening that Margery would try to kill Yuuji because of Silver as his keeper. Or pulling it out aswell as Silver. Both scenario's kick ass O.o

DDBen
Sun, 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Another underwhelming episode. Don't get me wrong it was likely the best episode of this season so far but thats not saying much. I'm interested in what the silver meant in the end. Sure it links him with Marjory but there seems to be more to it then something that simple.

The preview for the next episode doesn't give me a lot of hope for it either. Seriously they need to bring back in the action as a major part of this yet Yuji develope in real fights instead of training and all of this badly done slice of life character building they insist on flooding this season with.

oyabun
Sun, 12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Yes it is definitely the best episode this season so far.. And with the addition of the Silver possibly being his keeper. Makes the series much more interesting.. Can't wait for the next episode.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-03-2007, 03:10 AM
With the casting of Yuuji's Fuzetsu, it felt like season one again. Hmm, it's interesting how a lot of us are thinking Silver's the Keeper. I thought Silver suddenly appeared and cast the Fuzetsu instead, but seeing how he's not in the preview, the Keeper idea seems to be best. So why is Silver's power coming out while he's casting the Unrestriced Spell? It also leaves the question: Why would he take the role of Keeper instead of taking possession of it like all the other Tomogara have tried to do? We'll most likely have to wait (again) for later episodes to get answers.

Kraco
Mon, 12-03-2007, 05:39 AM
While I have absolutely no theories, it would still be nice if all the Tomogara didn't have similar agendas and goals, but some might have vastly different views of things. It would make things more complicated and not so straight-forward. Like if this Silver was the Keeper yet wouldn't actually be doing anything detrimental, it would place Margery in a more interesting position regarding what to do with Yuuji. Would she kill Yuuji simply because she hates Silver so much or would she try to forget or postpone her old spirit of vengeance.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-03-2007, 08:47 AM
From what we know from Margery, Silver isn't a very nice guy. But hey, maybe he was laughing cos he finally got hold of the Reiji Maigo or something. Regarding Tomogara having different agendas, the Corpse Retriever was a rather interesting fellow. He actually cared about balance and all that stuff, which makes me kinda want to see him again this season. The Shirou guy from first season was also a Tomogara (rainbow sword/skeleton trainer). It's about time Bal Masque made a move though, they've taken long enough.

animus
Tue, 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM
Episode 10 XviD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5b0E752B26%5d.avi.torrent)
Episode 10 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2010%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bB0C441AE%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Kraco
Tue, 12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Nothing that tremendous happened yet but it looks like something could start to happen soon. I hate it though how they told Yuuji not to use his power. I always hate that, no matter the situation. How the heck is he supposed to learn to use it unless he can practice?

It was good to see Yuuji's dad. I have no recollection of whether he appeared in the first season but he seemed like a cool and funny enough dude. I wonder if he knows something. He certainly chose an auspicious time to appear.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Ok next time when I watch this show I shall watch the first few minutes then skip to the middle and then to the ending because those are the only parts where it actually says something usefull about the storyline. Don't get me wrong I really liked the first season but now they are just raping the show. The only parts that are for the storyline are good however.

DDBen
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Its bad how we all sound like a broken record on this series but seriously this show is being dragged down badly by a lack of solid action or any action. You can't replace that with this kind of poorly written love sub plot.

Well it seems that Yuji's parents might be flame hazes and one of them just might be silver or they are the ones who killed Johan and stole and hid the Reiji Maigo in there son. We have never seen the dad before and we have never seen the mom in a fujutsu so that certainly hasn't been ruled out and the fact they are both so young seems to be the final straw on that one for me.

Silver I'm guessing was a human who could use unrestricted spells which is why no flame haze has a silver flame.

Anyway those are my guesses for now and for gods sake give us some real battles in this show instead of going "Yuji did something cool quick no more doing that".

animus
Tue, 12-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Does anyone think Pheles is that green-haired woman in the intro that touches Yuuji's cheek?

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I pretty much think she is. After all Johan was her previous lover and he had the Reigi Meigo. So I think she would start to like Yuuji( SURPRISE!!)

And Silver was a Tomogara....that has been stated many times. They simply said that there wasn't a Tomogara with a silver flame BESIDES Silver because they were talking about him. And I don't think his parents are Flame Haze. That would be so freaking lame.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Does anyone think Pheles is that green-haired woman in the intro that touches Yuuji's cheek?

Keeper was mentioned again, finally, and Wilhelmina in her research mentioned Pheles. I think that's the name for the green haired character in the OP. I'm also guessing she's a flame haze.

yep.

Silver is just a name given to they guy because of his characteristic silver flame. My guess is that his real name is Johan. If ss-eclipse made a mistake in their translation, and indeed meant there was no Tomogara BESIDES silver with silver flame, then I think Silver is a Tomogara. However, I'm betting that they didn't get it wrong, and that Silver may actually be a flame haze named Johan. Silver flames isn't a characteristic of Silver/Johan at all I think. It's the characteristic that the owner of the Reigi Maigo emits when they cast unrestricted spells with it as a power source. If that theory is off, then I'd say the trait that was indeed Johan's was passed on with the Reigi Maigo.

Also, they made now effort to hide the bracelet's shine. Hope that means some action is coming.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
IS it just me or did the animation seem different in this ep? I felt like the way Shana's face was drawn was somehow different than normal, but it might be that I'd never looked at her face as hard as I was in this ep to keep from falling asleep due to boredom. Once I got the idea in my head I noticed Wilhemina and Khamsin also looked slightly different, in the face, either in shape or in color.

I too think Pheles is the green haired chick, but her intentions are a mystery. Will she want to snuggle with Yuuji or will she want to take the Reiji Maigo out of him and just snuggle up with that? And how might Balle Masque fit into the story. And what will Margery do when she inevitably finds out?

It's becoming very frustrating seeing as how there are so many interesting questions relating to what I would have thought would be the main plot yet we only get little bread crumbs handed out in each episode as 'commercials' to the prime time plot of the Slice of Life/Romance/Drama show "Ladies Loving Sakai Yuuji".

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
They did look slightly different, I agree. I can't really point out how though. I think Khamsin acquired a few more scars and got longer hair. Back in the first season, I only really remember him having the one on his lip/cheek, since it always looked like he's chewing gum. One thing I AM happy to see this week is the maturity Kazumi and Shana gained from their 10+ episodes of the love triangle. They're not fighting over who's doing what so much now, since they've been through so much, they know this little act isn't really going to matter. Shana going off at Yuuji for wanting to play a different part was good. I just hope this series earns it's points back in the remaining 14 eps or so.

edit: I think ss-eclipse had the translation right. The fact that they haven't found a Tomogara with silver flame supports the idea that the flame is characteristic of the Reigi Maigo.

Crash
Wed, 12-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok so i finally got caught up on this show. If it wasn't for how fantastic the first season was, i think i would have stopped watching. Thank goodness the show is hinting at some action coming our way, because i really can't bear to watch anymore Shakugan no Shana: Daytime Soap Opera. The love story subplot was part of what made season 1 great because it added depth to the characters and the over all plot, but this season so far has just been too much. Ok sorry /rant off i'm sure you guys have probably already talked that topic to death.

It's awesome that Yuji has the silver flame, i'm really pulling for him to come out of this as one bad ass Tomogara slaying machine. I'm gonna agree with the guys that think the Reiji Maigo causes the silver flame. With the introduction of Pheles and Johan it just seems to make the most sense. I mean the other option is that not only did Yuji manage to get stuck with the Reiji Maigo when he became a torch, but he somehow also somehow picked up the "Silver" a creature of significant strength who apparently no body really knows anything about. Even for an anime thats a lot of coincidence.

Though i suppose it's fair to say we don't know enough about this whole "Keeper" situation to really say anything with certainty. Even then though the "Silver" that Margery remembers was rampantly slaying humans, i cant imagine something like that laying dormant protecting the Reiji Maigo inside Yuji when it could simply be out there using it itself. It's really hard to say, here's to hoping we get some good action and non-love triangle related plot revelations in the next episode.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Let's see what we get this week:

H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2011%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bF8817EA8%5d.mkv.tor rent)
XVID (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2011%20(XviD)%20%5b8541BCBD%5d.avi.torrent)

edit: forgot to label, Shakugan no Shana Second ep 11

animus
Mon, 12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Is that fan service I see?

DDBen
Mon, 12-17-2007, 03:45 PM
more likely its a mirage caused from being bored to death by this series. This episode was basically characters telling each other things we already know while setting up for a festival I personally don't care about at all. The only hope I have is that they use the Festival to gather everyone together for some actual action instead of more of the stuff that makes me loath this season so.

I must say I'm nearing the end of what I can watch of this if they don't get some action within the next 2-3 episodes I might just delete this season and move on to better shows.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Well taking a positive/optimistic stand, I think we're finally moving on. Konoe isn't allowed to stay out at night? Maybe there's a limit to how long she can keepthat bracelet on for. The Keeper wasn't too much to think about, it was more Pheles. Wilhelmina seems to know her personally, so they'll maybe have something interesting to talk about during their fight. I think this festival thing will be the last thing we see before some serious action, seeing Shana fighting in Dorothy uniform in OP.

Best things about the school parts: photo flashbacks of previous battles and Ike. Can't help but laugh at him being dragged around by no other than a chick version of himself.

Kraco
Mon, 12-17-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm beginning to feel this is nothing but a devious plot by the show maker. Almost every episode subtly hints the next might contain at last some change but, alas, nothing ever happens, except for the next false glint of hope.

Maybe the last two episodes will contain an epic battle but until then nothing at all happens, unless you count those empty soap opera scenes and phrases repeated over and over again like DDBen said.

Dunno. If this cheap high-school drama is everything this season offers, then at least I would have been a bit happier if in their last scene Yuuji had taken the extra steps closer to Shana and kissed her...

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
I said that they were raping the memory of the previous season but....somehow I am beginning to think that the real action will come in 2 episodes. it's funny what Yuuji said thought "Why me?" We have Yuuji's Flame being Silver PLUS Pheles. And they are unrelated.

Anyway on to speculation. I do believe that even if Pheles manages to remove the Reigi Meigo from Yuuji he will still keep the power of Existence because that is his own. So his Torch will not run about because it still has the amount of Existence of that of a King of Guze. Just pure speculation on my part thought ._.;

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I actually wonder if Johan looks anything like Yuuji. Seeing Pheles in the OP leaves me thinking that she'll be attracted to Yuuji in some way, and I don't think it's just the Reiji Maigo. Yeah, Yuuji should have enough Power of Existence to last him for a lifetime. But don't forget, nobody except maybe Pheles and the deceased Johan knows if Yuuji will age or not. If he lives indefinitely, then at some point, he'll have to find a way to collect more Power of Existence to sustain himself. Maybe he'll become The Corpse Retriever v.2.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-18-2007, 12:06 AM
That's only if he loses the Reiji Maigo, with it he should exist indefinitely unless he uses all his power before the reset. I suspect that is what happened to Johann, in a very sad battle he used all the PoE he had to save Pheles and poof he was gone.

The drama is boring of course, but I make it entertaining for myself by predicting what sappy cliché will happen next. It's nowhere near enough to justify watching but it does help a little. I think 'something' will happen next p but I doubt any of the good guys will realize what's going on until the end of the episode, removing the chance for any action.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Episode 12:

H264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2012%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bB054A228%5d.mkv.tor rent)
XVID (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2012%20(XviD)%20%5bCC09BA59%5d.avi.torrent)

oyabun
Mon, 12-24-2007, 03:06 AM
what a cliffhanger.. it seems that shana won't be airing in a couple of weeks..

Yukimura
Mon, 12-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Finally, after 12 episodes of RomDram (which wasn't particularly terrible I must add) we'll should finally get to see some proper hardcore fighting from Shana and Wilhelmina. From the OP it looked like Pheles was going to be somewhat of a nice girl,but determined to get what she wanted, but the look on her face when she showed up was one of essentially disgust and arrogance. I don't think she's going to be trying to join the love polygon centered around Yuuji's heart anytime soon.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-24-2007, 05:00 PM
what a cliffhanger.. it seems that shana won't be airing in a couple of weeks..

Damn straight. Finally, the episode you have all been waiting for....right after the Christmas break..

Yeah, Pheles didn't look too happy to see the Reigi Maigo. Perhaps more correctly, the Mystes in possession of it. And good luck stopping Margery. So next ep (when was it? like 10/01/08?) we'll have Pheles snatching the Hougu from Yuji, Shana trying to stop her, Margery going beserk, and Wilhelmina taking care of that. Eye-candy for Shana fans this ep too.

animus
Mon, 12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
I basically didn't care about 99% of the episode except the last 30 seconds maybe.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 12-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Always the predictable happening right before a confession. Just once I'd like to hear the confession of Love in an anime happen without something major happening right before...

It happens in every anime, I must be getting tired of it happening lol.

Great episode, can't wait till Jan 10th. :)

fireheart
Tue, 12-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Hmm is it just me or does it look like Saito from Zero no Tsukaima made a cameo?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/rezy84/snapshot20071225223651.jpg

Kraco
Sun, 01-13-2008, 05:08 AM
I feel like it's about the time to see where this all leads:

Episode 13 HD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2013%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b84F6D425%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 13 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2013%20(XviD)%20%5b1F50068F%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

Edit: Damn. It was a long wait but finally we got an episode that's on a par with the first season. Jolly good. Lots of rather chaotic action but it was all the better because of that. Nobody really knew what was going on with such emotional people in the middle of it, and on the other hand it was made even more interesting by the fact none of them really were evil. Pheles was weaker than I thought, though, but that had a very good explanation.

Interesting stuff happened and it looks like we might get some further explanations in the next ep. Although the mystery of Silver got ever deeper.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 01-13-2008, 10:43 AM
It really was a long wait but worth it. Battle was ...well...still a bit short to make up for 12 episodes still it was cool. Really a chaotic battle with many casualties.

Anyway over to speculations, In the preview and in the episode they said that the Reij Meigo is malfuctioning and a mutation has occured. Which most likely resulted in those Silver flames. Then they mentioned Sabrac who also put a unrestricted spell on the Reij Meigo. Could it be that Johan who is basicly fused with the Reij Meigo is becoming the Silver? I mean we don't know what the Silver is, so it could be possible is created on some kind of accident.

I know its all very far fetched but I felt like saying it . ^_^;

DDBen
Sun, 01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Now that was a awesome episode and its about time. Thats all I was asking for to get me interested in maybe finishing this series. It made up for a lot of the previous trash we have been subjected to in this series.

I'm actually excited to see next weeks episode now for the first time this entire season.

Yukimura
Sun, 01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Finally some proper Shana action. Pheles was awesome, managing to be both a hardcore tough girl and cute little meek girl all in one episode. The shoujo-ai vibes she and Margary throw up don't hurt at all either.

As to the mysterious elements a lot was hinted at this ep, a little more than I would have liked in fact. Sabrac is more than likely the Silver, or related to it very closely. The fact that Shana didn't recognize the name means he's probably been in hiding for a while. But what interested me the most was the little silent communication between Pheles and Konoe AKA Hecate. Could there be some sort of Balle Masque side plot going on? I think so.

Next ep probably won't have action but the story of the Reiji Maigo should be interesting, and much better than more high school romance drama.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Maybe that Seeking Researcher told her if they get their hands on the Reiji Maigo, they'll be able to get Johan out of there. I didn't think it was communication between them at all, but the more I rewatch it.....Or maybe it's just Pheles telling Wilhelmina about the secret, and Konoe talking to her Metamor....uh, butler. Margery going nuts was expected, but hell, she went berserk more instantly than I thought. Hopefully Spiral Organ will make an appearance this season, maybe to extract Johan or something.

Narasho
Mon, 01-14-2008, 09:15 PM
So, Pheles runs out of energy very quickly because she made a pact with Johan not to eat souls?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes, that seems to be the case. Johan was a Mystes after all. Rainbow Sword, aka Shirou, from the first season made a similar promise with the previous flame haze Alastor was contracted to.

Shinji Ikari
Tue, 01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Um, this might be a stupid question... but are there any chances of a third season? I know the second isn't over, but it just seems that there aren't enough things that has happened so far. I thought it might be possible since it says it follows a Novel or something like that at AniDB.

Yukimura
Wed, 01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
That will probably depend on the DVD sales from Season 2, which are probably going to be crap for the first few discs.

Shinji Ikari
Wed, 01-16-2008, 07:16 AM
I hear there are currently 16 light novels, ongoing... Anyone know how much of it we've seen in the anime, and maybe how much has been left out?

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Shakugan No Shana Second 14 Xvid (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2014%20(XviD)%20%5bE6A8DEE7%5d.avi.torrent)

Shakugan No Shana Second 14 h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2014%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b8D4F2D22%5d.mkv.tor rent)

There ya go =D

EDIT:

Ending= HOLY SHIT I was right! Or partly. I'll have to see the next ep. But a silver arm coming out of Yuji is something I did not expect but proves my theory of Johan being Silver.

Kraco
Mon, 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
This series certainly made a full turn from a boring cliched high-school drama into an action mystery show. Jolly good. Lets hope it will remain this way till the end.

Johan appeared a bit suspicious in that clip we saw. Pretty cold and detached from the human life, truly aiming for something bigger (or something else at least). Also, I got the impression he knew what he was doing, which is kind of strange. I guess Pheles might have told him a lot, but I didn't get that kind of feeling. At this point I'd be hesitant to say he was something else than Pheles's lover but that would be kind of a cool plot element, instead of him being simply corrupted by the mutation.

But I guess he is Silver. And Silver doesn't seem to like Pheles very much...

The remaining question, though, is why was Yuji able to begin to control the powers of Silver, yet I doubt he had anything to do with the hand. It's kind of strange, and suggests there is a connection between them. I hope it means Yuji won't be rendered back to being a helpless burden at any point.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-24-2008, 03:53 AM
So lets say the pact Johan made with Pheles was true. Pheles doesn't eat humans, and supposedly, the strength of that avatar was reasonable for one who hadn't eaten humans. Then we've got the real Pheles. 0.o. Is that power normal? Maybe the Bal Masque gave that to her somehow. I got the feeling that this was set up with or without Pheles knowing by Bal Masque, and that the Seeking Researcher found out something about the Reigi Maigo/Mutated Keeper when they got hold of Yuuji in Season 1. After all, he seems to be on par with Spiral Organ regarding spell insignia.

animus
Sat, 01-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Episode 15 h264 - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2015%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b7C65626B%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 15 XviD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2015%20(XviD)%20%5b6CFAA41A%5d.avi.torrent)

Yukimura
Sat, 01-26-2008, 05:24 PM
So glad I stayed on the wagon now, the plots getting very interesting. I almost want Pheles to become like Marco and Alastor and make Yoshida her Flame Haze now, but that wouldn't make any sense and Yoshida can't fight for shit, but it would allow her a fair shot at be with Yuji as much as Shana is.

Ball Masqué finally returns and they are just as creepy and evil as ever. It seems they captured something that's linked to the Silver, but is somehow linked to Yuji as well. I'm guessing maybe they have part of it and Yuji has another part and they're trying to bring them back together or something?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Hmm, a lot happened this episode. Konoe, I mean Hecate, said something about sealing the Hougu and not letting that silver armour materialize again, then something about destroying the container. By Hougu I'll assume they're meaning the Reigi Maigo. Also, this faux vessel, Konoe. I didn't see how she was directly related to their objective. All she seemed to me was to capture their daily life experience, or perhaps the emotions of a person close to Yuji, and give them to Hecate. Preview hinted a recap episode next, though after introducing this much, I doubt they can afford to many of these without feeling rushed/incomplete by the end.

animus
Sun, 01-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Carmel or whatever that maid's name is, seems to be awfully in love with Pheles or something.

DDBen
Sun, 01-27-2008, 02:18 PM
In no way am I glad I watched the first 12 episodes of this season but I have to say the last 3 have been fantastic. Seriously why couldn't they have spread some of this content over the first 12 instead of having it all happen at once lately.

I'm excited about finishing this series now as so much has been going on this episode was all over the place with tons of stuff just happening in rapid succession and all of it was awesome. Plus Konoe is gone which is a blessing in itself you can't have that many loli main characters when everyone is suppose to be in highschool.

I really hope next week isn't any sort of recap that would just seem like a slap in the face at this point in the series they need to keep this thing moving when 12 episodes were already such a overall waste of time.

Kraco
Sun, 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM
The only thing that bothered me in this otherwise splendid episode was how passive and useless Yuji was. He did nothing but stood still and screamed like a school girl. When he showed he could use Silver's powers, I thought he would gradually start to get if not badass at least somebody who would become more than a burden distracting Shana during fights.

I'll seriously get pissed off if Yoshida acquires serious powers and becomes useful yet Yuji remains nothing but a pretty boy blinking his eyes and smiling foolishly at the many girls flocking around him.

Board of Command
Sun, 01-27-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought Silver would be to Yuji as Kyuubi is to Naruto.

Guess not...

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Well, its not really Yujis fault this time, since he (or his body) is the centerpiece for all of the events that happened. You cant really be badass with a huge armor coming out of you.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Don't get too excited, it's not the next ep, but still a must get release for me.

Shakugan no Shana ll OST (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20II%20Ori ginal%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent), brought to you by Nipponsei

Yukimura
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:42 AM
Shakugan no Shana Second - 16 (Xvid) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2016%20(XviD)%20%5b6FC51348%5d.avi.torrent)

Shakugan no Shana Second - 16 (H264 1280x720) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2016%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b46D22FC1%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Kraco
Sun, 02-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Well, well. Nothing makes me happier than being proven wrong. Looks like Yoshida's "power" was quite a nasty thing after all. It kind of annoys me, though, to have to watch so many scenes where she ponders why she can't have more power and be able to be with Yuji like Shana does. Surely we got enough of that in the first dozen episodes. Yuji should choose Shana already and say sorry to Yoshida. Nobody can move forward when he's trying to entertain them both.

animus
Sun, 02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I fucking hate the new OP song.

But atleast we see Yuuji swinging around that huge sword kicking ass?

Too bad there's no sign of Pheles in the OP, which I guess means not much screen time if any for her.

DDBen
Sun, 02-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Seriously they did a new opening and ending now? Whats up with that and I agree with animus the new opening song is terrible.

As for the episode this reminded me more of the first 12 then the last 3 in all the wrong ways seriously they just need to lose some characters instead of attempting to give all the worthless ones so much wasted screen time.

On the plus side this episode moved everything forward and Yuji finally has a weapon so while this was a relapse I can at least see some good episodes on the horizon. Unfortunately the next episode doesn't seem like one of those it just seems like more emo crap where even if they resolve something nothing will actually be resolved by it.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I think Yuuji left the Blutsauger behind last season. I'd be awesome if they still had it now. With Yuuji's enormous power of existence capacity, it'd be lethal.

:D

So Pheles gives Kazumi a kamikaze attack. I guess it's fitting. I can't imagine her having some awesome combat power, but having no power at all other than moving in a Fuzetsu is pretty pathetic, let alone lack of character development after two seasons. "I can do nothing except sacrifice myself for you" is suited IMO. The ED isn't too bad, I like it heaps better than the OP. I didn't mind this episode being talk and all too much. What left me thinking is that Margery keeps saying it's a seal and a transmitter. So is the Reigi Maigo sealed now or something? As in it can't replenish more power to Yuji or what? Who else is thinking Silver is Sabrac?

Kraco
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Yuji would die like a normal torch if he didn't get more power from the Reiji Maigo, wouldn't he? I think it being sealed probably means just that the Silver is once again sealed. According to their talks the Silver got out by twisting some of Margery's residual spell effects. Well, destroying Yuji was Hecate's original plan, which she couldn't carry out, and so I somehow think the sealing was some sort of a preliminary step. If it's a transmitter, it might simply mean that once Yuji had been destroyed, they could have found the new random location of the Reiji Maigo easily.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-04-2008, 08:15 AM
According to their talks the Silver got out by twisting some of Margery's residual spell effects.

Where did you find that? I thought they were saying that Johan was able to manifest himself because he used bits and pieces of Margery's spells to create an insignia for his body. And last episode, when Bel Masque was watching Silver disappear in their lab, they were surprised that someone else other than them could use translocation/teleportation, and they concluded that Pheles mush be there. Also if Yuji couldn't have his power of existence replenished, it means he'll die off as a Mystes eventually, as you mentioned, but depending on the situation, it could take a hell of a long time if he's got such a huge amount to use. I agree with your interpretation of the transmitter's function/their plan. I guess now that they know where Yuji is all the time, there's no reason to leave the city like they were going to do last season.

Kraco
Mon, 02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh. Sorry. I should have paid more attention to that part.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 02-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but what exactly does that thing do that Yoshida got from Pheles?
What I understand that thing summons Pheles and doing that Yoshida dies as a result.. why Yoshida and not Yuji, since his power of existance is supposedly infinite. Besides, why doesn't Pheles just hang around there to keep an eye on them. Isn't that easyer?

DDBen
Mon, 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but what exactly does that thing do that Yoshida got from Pheles?
What I understand that thing summons Pheles and doing that Yoshida dies as a result.. why Yoshida and not Yuji, since his power of existance is supposedly infinite. Besides, why doesn't Pheles just hang around there to keep an eye on them. Isn't that easyer?

Pheles left because Johan gave her a task to do and she does anything johan asks.

As for why give it to Yoshida instead of Yuji thats simple Yoshida serves zero purpose in the grand plot she hasn't don't anything worthwhile what ever? So if this device drains ALL of your power of existence regardless of quantity its best she has it. If on the other hand it grants Yoshida some sort of power if she has the guts to use it then Pheles might just be trying to give her a way to continue to be with Yuji because she feels sorry for her because it reminds her of Johan.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
When Johan replenished Pheles, it looked as though it was resetting the Reiji Miago back to midnight or w/e. I could be wrong. How else can he give her so much... I guess it stands to reason, he created it, so he'd be the best to manipulate it at will.

Yes, the new OP is horrible. The first OP was awesome, I wish they had kept it.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-04-2008, 11:35 PM

Firstly, it's meant so Yoshida can do something. She's always feeling left out and helpless, but since Pheles knows Yoshida's love for Yuji is sincere, she gave it to him. It's also in Pheles' interest to protect Yuji, since Johan is also there, so she'll want to be there to protect him, but as DDBen says, she can't stay right now. The decision then was to hand that Hougu to Yoshida, knowing that she wouldn't hesitate to save Yuji should it come to that. It most likely doesn't drain the power of existence of the summoner regardless of amount, but that amount is most likely beyond that of any human. If Yuji was captured or something, then he wouldn't be able to use that Hougu, thus defeating it's purpose. Also, I don't think Pheles would risk letting Yuji use it, since he decides to use after being battle wearied, then he might really use up all his power.

When Johan replenished Pheles, it looked as though it was resetting the Reiji Miago back to midnight or w/e. I could be wrong. How else can he give her so much... I guess it stands to reason, he created it, so he'd be the best to manipulate it at will.

Are you talking about when Yuji replenished Pheles' avatar? They did that just before midnight so he could give her almost everything he had, and have at all replenished right after so he didn't disappear. When Joha, appeared, all I saw was him kissing her, but no real transfer as such, but who knows. The Reigi Maigo was releasing bubbles though, when Yuji came back. I'm assuming that it means it was returning back to it's previous state, before Johan grabbed all those scrap insignia.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:10 AM
You could be right. To me, it looked as though Johan was replenishing her power. She looked badly hurt by Silver. Plus that line that Shana said made me think that's what was happening.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
I blew my dl cap, so I can't watch this till Wednesday, but it doesn't stop me posting.

H264 HD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2017%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bBD667D3D%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Xvid SD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2017%20(XviD)%20%5b5F5804E4%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 02-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Nothing tremendous in this ep, really, if you ask me. The Outlaw organization got pwned but who cares since they used already so many scenes to tell how useless it had been, how meaningless their reports. I wonder why they even included the whole thing.

One thing I don't understand, unless I've just forgotten it from the first season, is why the Flame Hazes don't attack the Bal Masqué directly. They have the huge castle and everything. It seems like waste of effort and an epitome of inefficiency to try to cover the whole world by a few Flame Hazes instead of going where the tomogara always retreat after their tricks (and where the Flame Hazes never follow, seemingly). It's like willingly always playing the game following Bal Masqué's rules.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
I think they mentioned last season that Flame Haze's aren't really well organized (in terms of broad strategy) and tend not to like working together in groups. Having several operating in one city for a long period of time is supposedly very rare.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Shakugan no Shana Second 18 h264 1280x720 [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2018%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b4C26055C%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Shakugan no Shana Second 18 XviD 704x400 [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2018%20(XviD)%20%5bDEACB178%5d.avi.torrent)

Bonus Shana release:

Shanatan Begins h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shanatan%20Begins%20(h264)%20%5b2420B 6F1%5d.mkv.torrent)
Shanatan Begins XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shanatan%20Begins%20(XviD)%20%5bA2666 9A2%5d.avi.torrent)

edit:

Ever since Pheles' arrival, these episodes haven't been a let down, and this week was no exception. Margery's words were right. Yuji says what he's thinking, but not what he's feeling, and he's come to his realisation, but hasn't really accepted it. The Shanatan episode wasn't as funny as the ones from the past from what I remember, but it does remind me of the two things that are noticeably missing, save for the first few eps, from the second season: melon bread and Urusaix3. It shows that the characters have settled in with each other, and though the jealousy thing was still happening earlier, it resolved pretty quickly.

animus
Tue, 02-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Haha man, Yuji throwing around that silver flame looked so much like semen.

Yukimura
Tue, 02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Once again the entire Flame Haze team is plagued by either overconfidence or outright stupidity. They know that Balle Masque can find Yuuji anywhere anytime now and Margery just got finished telling him to not rush his still incomplete training, yet they just let him wander around the city all alone. If I didn't like Yuuji I would hope he gets assraped and then taken hostage so Shana and Co would feel like the complete retards they're acting like.

However, since Yuuji has the building blocks of being powerful, and he's about to go into a fight where he won't be able to rely on a crutch I'm hoping he has a shounen revelation and kicks that creepy guys ass.

Kraco
Tue, 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Indeed. I also hope this whole setup is just for that purpose: To have Yuuji fight alone. This particular tomogara dude doesn't even look that tough. According to my experience in anime/manga having clones doesn't make you tough, only weaker individually. And quite conveniently the only practice Yuuji just had with spells was to throw fireballs at multiple moving targets. So, lets hope he gets some info from the dude and then finishes kicking his ass just when Shana arrives.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-19-2008, 10:14 PM
I doubt he will win though. He may show his skills a bit, but when the tomogara starts getting serious someone will probably rescue him. I know it sucks, but it is most likely right now.

Harima Kenji
Tue, 02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Episode 19:
MKV (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2019%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bB374B629%5d.mkv.tor rent)
XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2019%20(XviD)%20%5bF2A5661E%5d.avi.torrent)

We're back to kickass episodes!

Crash
Tue, 02-26-2008, 11:37 PM
It was great to finally see Yuji kick some ass, even if he was just beating up a Tomogara with no attacking power to speak of. Here's to hoping that we see him kicking the crap out of a worthwhile enemy in the future.

DDBen
Wed, 02-27-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm happy to say that episode was awesome and it looks like the next one should have more good battles. Finally they have managed to string together some good episodes and make this feel more like the first season.

Yukimura
Wed, 02-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Lol, Yuuji really kicked that guy's ass with some style. It's not always about how hard it is to win the fight, sometimes being badass is just about how you look while you're winning, and Yuuji looked great. I loved the last one where he walks over really slowly as the Tomogara was shitting his pants and just summons his giant sword and delivers the final blow.

Next episode looks even more awesome though, since Sabrac has already been established as a powerhouse. Plus it seems we'll get to see Wilhelmina go all out again which shouldn't disappoint.

Kraco
Wed, 02-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Aye. Yuuji was surprisingly cool and badass in this episode. Something good certainly came out of all those training sessions. One killing worth mentioning was also how he simply crushed that one clone's throat, like some berserk. I didn't foresee it but it was all the jollier when I realised he wouldn't be satisfied with only strangling him (if that's even possible); he needed to break the very bones in his neck.

Yukimura
Wed, 02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
I can't believe I forgot that part, I must have blacked out from the shock. Where did Yuuji get that kind of determination from? He seemed to realize he didnt' want to lewave the city as he was realizing he could be badass. I guess this means he wants to stay and protect the city then?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Loved this ep. Yuuji's analysing ability's as sharp as ever. Tanaka's still choosing not to fight, but at least he had enough guts to help his friend. I really wanted to see Wilhelmina's face after she tasted that soup though, would have been funny. One thing that should have been mentioned last episode- Shana + woolen jumper = Kawaii:)

Kraco
Mon, 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Kicking ass with style:

Episode 20 HD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2020%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b62A53EA6%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 20 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2020%20(XviD)%20%5b409275A1%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - - -

Edit: Now we are talking! Or actually not talking so much fortunately but fighting! Yuji seems to be a bit lost after his badassness at the end of the previous ep but let's hope he finds his balls again (maybe getting to Shana will remind him of where they are... >_>). Speaking of that, Shana and Margery are certainly taking their sweet time, especially considering time is not exactly their ally with that nasty stigma spell. But Wilhelmina is a lot better fighter than I thought, so maybe they are just counting on her to survive on her own until their get their counterattack plans together.

DDBen
Tue, 03-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Another great episode overall and it seems this battle will continue for next week at the very least.

The battle was a little confusing though Wilhelmina not going at him with her battle mask on from the start seems odd considering he already knows she has it and having fought him so many times she should already know he can shrug off pretty much anything.

One would also think Yuji makes a pretty good spare battery for them he's either going to be dead or auto reset his power of existence and he has a nearly endless supply so there is no reason they can't drain some of his power in order to use powerful attacks repeatedly.

Now just to see where this fight goes next week.

Everon
Tue, 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Man those 20 episodes pass by quick. The thing thats bugging me, is that we still have no clue whats going on with reiji maigo.

I don't understand why Yuuji has to go find Shana and Margerey. With all the ruckus, wouldn't it be easier the other way around?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Damn, now that I'm back at uni, I can't watch this stuff whenever I want. /rant. Well, the episode was rather good. Lots of action, and we see Sabrac is a really kickass villian. One who uses te same tactic over and over again, yet works. I guess there's nothing Yuuji really can do this ep. The oppoent's stronger than any he's ever met, and he's constantly carried by Wilhelmina. When he meets up Shana though (lol at Kraco's balls joke), he should be putting everything he sees together and forming some sort of battle tactic that focuses on his weakness. What's strange is that Sabrac said this battle was a result of his style, that he likes to take out everything in one go, which isn't making sense to me, unless he means he'll give it only one shot, then leave and try another one. But no matter, the next month of Shana should be pumping out lots of action. :D

Yukimura
Mon, 03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Shakugan no Shana Second - 21 (1280x720 H.264) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2021%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bBE0AB4A1%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Shakugan no Shana Second - 21 (XviD) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2021%20(XviD)%20%5bF75A9E7F%5d.avi.torrent)

Yuji can do it!

Kraco
Mon, 03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Yuji: "What were you going to say then?"
Shana: "N-Nothing."
"But..."
"I said it was nothing!"
"Shana!"
"Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!"

There we have it. Good old Shana.

And excellent episode. Really good action, Yuji was asskicking although he didn't personally kick ass this time. And all the others did their part as well. It's hard to believe this is the same series that for the first half could induce nothing but yawns... Now I could hardly sit still while watching it.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, Loli Flame Attak FTW. Now that was the sort of ep this show should have been leading up to in the first half. Yuji managed to be badass while staying in character. The 3 centuries old warriors are just too set in their ways to think outside the box, but along comes high school student Yuji to set them straight and pwn the unpwnable. I can only hope the season climax manages to be even better than this fight.

DDBen
Tue, 03-11-2008, 02:06 AM
Now that was a awesome episode seriously what did they do fire everyone and rehire the people who did season 1 or something. Everyone was useful not a single moment felt like they were wasting my time and the fight was epic.

If they keep this up for the rest of the season I'll be thrilled this was just really really good.

I must say though I'm even more confused about the opening change considering they used the old opening song in this episode all of the sudden. Given the first opening and the music were awesome so finally giving that music a good battle to be played during I can certainly get behind.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-11-2008, 04:08 AM
Jolly good episode. Sabrac was badass himself, but I don't mind seeing him pwned this time. That Johann was something too. If I didn't know Bal Masque is the real boss, I'd have thought this series finishes with 21 eps, given the OP1 playback and all. Still some mysteries left: what is Pheles doing? Bal Masque's master plan? Can't wait for the final showdown.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
[Nipponsei] Shakugan no Shana II OP2 ED2 Single - BLAZE [KOTOKO].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20II%20OP2 %20ED2%20Single%20-%20BLAZE%20%5BKOTOKO%5D.zip.torrent)

I like the ending in particular

NeoBear
Wed, 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
oh nice thanks for this buff =O

Kraco
Mon, 03-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai! Melonpan!

Episode 22 HD - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2022%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b4CF2AF97%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 22 xvid - SS-Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2022%20(XviD)%20%5bBA0416C1%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Edit: It was a funny enough episode, even if it partially reminded of the first half of this season. However, you just couldn't help but know how it was fated to end, so it didn't matter. Well, know and know, I certainly knew Yuji would be stopped at that point but I didn't actually predict the Reiji Maigo would be snatched from inside him that easily. I wonder why he didn't just grab it and stuff it back in, seeing how slowly it was just floating in front of him... And no matter what, Hecate always has seemed like the least threatening villain in this series so she probably wouldn't have objected...

And Sabrac looked surprisingly lively for a dead man. But then again, he never actually shows his face, which is fitting for a zombie and only polite to those around him.

DDBen
Mon, 03-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I must disagree that this episode was remotely like the first half of the series. You see unlike those episodes the plot was actually moving over this entire episode. The girls said make a choice and were set to accept his choice instead of doing the same why doesn't he love me more crap week after week as they attempted to buy him off.

Anyway I don't care for Sabrac being alive and then just walking off job finished like that. It seemed out of place and not having a explanation for him being alive seemed pretty week overall he barely seem concerned they killed at least a part of him. Besides that good development and hopefully they can make him finally chose Shana as she has really always been the only choice. Given Yoshida using that cross within the next episode or two is a given so its likely a moot point. Either Yoshida dies or Ike helps her use it and she ends up with him or Ike uses it and dies being he's virtually pointless to the show. I also know they have been building it up on a plan to extract the Reiji Maigo for a few episodes now but simply popping it out in 2 seconds like that just seemed silly to me.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-18-2008, 03:39 AM
I agree with DDBen in that this ep had more plot than before, but yes, there were some eps back in the first half that also had plot, but always dropped it the next ep. So Sabrac is alive. I can take that, but what was his objective? He said that he wanted to take out the three Flame Hazes when he went for Yuji, but Bel Peol said the original objective was reached, which should somehow explain why they can take out the Reigi Maigo so easily. Shana's question was quite funny, and she finally understood what was wrong when Kazumi made the comparison. Good ep overall, can't wait for more.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Reiji Maigo extracted.

Shakugan no Shana Second 23 h264 1280x720 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2023%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b1BB74F9B%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Shakugan no Shana Second 23 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2023%20(XviD)%20%5b36FF7878%5d.avi.torrent)

------------------------------------
edit: And two episodes ago I was sitting there wondering if they can surpass the awesomeness of the Sabrac fight at the climax. I don't know about surpassing, but this sure matches up. Bal Masque finally makes their move, and everyone's in it currently except Bel Peol. Kazumi is once again confronted. Just when she thought she can stand equal with them, she realises she can only save him, not fight with him. Knowing that, I think Pheles will come next ep. Statue of Pride wasn't that spectacular a name, but coming from the Seeking Researcher's head, its as cool a name as it gets. Hoping to see them finish this fight next week with Yuji x Shana double sword action.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 03-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Wow... Just phenomenal! Can't wait for the final episode now. :)

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 03-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow now that episode was just amazing. I was mad that Margery got rocked 10 seconds getting into the eggshell but I'm sure she shall get her revenge in the next episode some how. Can't wait for the next episode.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
I can't wait to see how they'll end this season in just 1 more ep... seems impossible, but we'll see.

I agree that Pheles will arrive next ep, but I still doubt that Kazumi will die. I think it was some sort of a test to see if Kazumi loves Yuji enough to be ready to give her life for him.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Shakugan no Shana Second - 24 (1280x720 H264) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2024%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b630F7CA0%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Torrent Comment: You know when you're in trouble when the source x264 raws are 900 MB

Shakugan no Shana Second - 24 (XviD) - [SS-Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Second%20-%2024%20(XviD)%20%5bCCB701C6%5d.avi.torrent)

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Ah man, that really felt like an ending... I want a third and a tenth..... buhuhuhu :(

Everon
Mon, 03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Don't sweat it Shinji, there are enough open ends to make a third. For example -- whats the deal with Pheles' dissapearing?

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Yuh, since the novel is like a helluva lot longer I have a small light of hope burning, still......

Edit: Interesting, we joined the same year and month :P

Yukimura
Mon, 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm sad, that was a pretty underwhelming end all told. The final battle didn't really feel like a climax, it felt like they'd just defeated another tough opponent without resolving anything story wise, which is pretty much what happened.

DDBen
Mon, 03-31-2008, 10:59 PM
That ending was a complete failure. The only thing that can make a series worse then a Author being completely unwilling to kill a good guy is when they are unwilling to kill a bad guy as well and this showed exactly why thats such a waste.

Frankly speaking the action in the Sabarac fight was WAY better then the action in this episode. On top of that in this entire series they accomplished next to nothing in the long run if you really look at it. Not a single major enemy died and nothing was resolved for good on the good guy side. Yes they made it look like Shanna choose Yuji in the end but not showing us the scene could easily mean it wasn't him but you know that dead twin his father mentioned when telling him his mom was pregnant. All this series did was give Yuji some combat training and unless I'm mistaken that is the only thing that happened worth mentioning. Every other thing that took place was left so open ended that frankly they could change it at the drop of a hat completely reasonably.Wait Hectate(SP) getting some emotions is another thing but I can't see why that really matters.

I guess in the long run I'm just really disappointed in this series compared to what it could of been instead of a fast paced action show like season one we got a SLOWER then dirt passed slice of life series with a couple action episodes thrown in to keep us from deleting it. None of the mysteries this season asked turned out to be interesting in the long run. I'm just completely underwhelmed after watching that ending.

Board of Command
Mon, 03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
The question still remains: what exactly is Silver? It clearly used to be a human and aside from that one second clip, nothing else was revealed about it.

What a rip off.

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 04-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Wow that ending pretty much gaurenteed that we will see a 3rd season or some kind of movie. Seriously though this season as a whole has been one big letdown. They wasted half the season on Konoe/relationship development. Heck Konoe's relevance was summed up in 10 seconds by Hectate making it seem as though all her screen time was a waste. Margery has been looking for Silver all her life and everything we were shown had built him up to be some extreme baddie, but Yuji pokes him and he's done. You'd think Margery would get that honor but instead we knock her out before the fight even starts. Pheles just dissappeared and we don't even know the reason. The battle with Sabarac (which was the highlight of this season) was pretty much a waste as all it did was provide training for Yuji and Sabarac didn't even die. Bal Masque was also extremly lax. They did virtually nothing. Especially battlewise.

As for the ending. I think Ike showed up in front of Yoshida as per the first opening. As for who showed up in front of Shana? Well the obvious choice would be Yuji but we'll have to wait to see if the writers will surprise us with something because they certainly didn't this season.

Hopefully the next season will have the balance between action/drama that season 1 had.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
The episode was interesting enough. Had the action to keep you seated, though they should have saved the Sabrac fight for this or something. I don't know what they're trying to do this second season. Maybe the writers were trying something new. Whatever it was, they should go back to what they did the first time. I'm surprised we didn't even get Bel Peol or the other fellow out fighting this time.

BoC, how was it obvious that Silver was once human? The only clip I saw was the doves/pigeons in flight, and it looked like something that Konoe remembered. I thought it was because of the emotions she collected.

Both fortunate, and unfortunately, I heard that the story gets better, and perhaps darker after this too. So, despite this rather unfulfilling ending, I'll be waiting for Season 3.

Board of Command
Tue, 04-01-2008, 11:11 PM
BoC, how was it obvious that Silver was once human? The only clip I saw was the doves/pigeons in flight, and it looked like something that Konoe remembered. I thought it was because of the emotions she collected.
There was also a hand that reached out in the flashback. I don't know if Silver is running on Konoe's memories or not.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 04-02-2008, 03:50 AM
As I watched this final episode, I couldnt stop thinking "Card Captor Sakura". Dunno why...

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah it was running on her emotions and the Reigi Meigo. So those emotions had a certain attachment to Yuuji. That's why it didn't fire at him. The doves were something that Konoe liked =\ But yeah the fight was lame. I was hoping it would be as Sabrac but man what a letdown.

Kraco
Wed, 04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
It was a strange ending. Too bad they didn't have the guts to sacrifice any characters. It would have made it a lot better. I mean, while keeping Yuuji and Shana alive is given (and Hecate, I guess), they would have had plenty of other people to kill in a dramatic manner. It would really have made a difference.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-03-2008, 12:15 AM
They can't just go diverging the plot from the original source material for the sake of giving the second (but potentially not final) season of the anime a more satisfying ending...it's not like this is Claymore or something.

Kraco
Thu, 04-03-2008, 03:06 AM
I'm speaking from the position of one who hasn't read the original source material. So, maybe I should have said too bad the mangaka didn't have the guts to use a couple of characters for dramatic death scenes. You can't deny that a sudden but meaningful death of an old established character is one of the most emotionally powerful elements an author can include in a story. And this ending would have desperately needed something more powerful. Like has been said many times, it was totally shadowed by the awesome Sabrac fight earlier (which would have also retained its impact factor in the long run a lot better if Sabrac had had the decency to stay dead).

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-03-2008, 04:20 AM
What was the point of Sabrac fighting anyway? To try to kill off the Flame Haze? They said his original objective was done, but we never got further than that.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-03-2008, 11:09 AM
I agree with your sentiments Kraco, but not knowing how the next arc plays out in the novels (Shana is based on a series of Novels like Haruhi, not a manga) I'm inclined to blame this let down on fact that the novel they stopped at didn't have a particularly compelling ending. I have only heard rumors and whispers about the story after where this season stopped but I know the plot does go on and new strife is generated.

We can only hope that a third season will bring us that strife.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 06-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Fumina Konoe Strikes Back (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Fumina%20Konoe%20Strikes%20Back%20(h2 64)%20%5b5FC648DC%5d.mkv.torrent) H264

Fumina Konoe Strikes Back (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bSS-Eclipse%5d%20Fumina%20Konoe%20Strikes%20Back%20(Xv iD)%20%5b778C2CD1%5d.avi.torrent) XviD

There ya go. Fresh of Eclipse.

Kraco
Sun, 06-08-2008, 09:55 AM
It was a pretty good Shana-tan. I liked especially the parts with Sab-chan...

It's also funny how Ayako Kawasumi as Yoshida's VA becomes far more obvious when she turns off the Yoshida cute mode for the darker scenes (when Yuuji isn't present).

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 06-08-2008, 10:10 AM
Hell yeah Sabrac the pimp.

Who was that cannon again? I forgot his name. But they made him like he was about to cum and then fall asleep xD. I want more now D:

Yukimura
Sun, 06-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Lol excellent Shana-tan. Sabrac's big Pimpin and Yoshida's random "let's kill her" moment were my favorites. Honorable mention to Shana's DBZ-Style Melonpan-ha.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Hahaha, I almost forgot about the good Shanata material we get fed in between series. Bel Peol's whole style makes her a really convincing bartender/mama. And no one can argue about Sab-chan and his .44 :D Good stuff.

Kraco
Thu, 08-28-2008, 12:00 PM
It's jolly good subbers occasionally sub also sound episodes and audio dramas:

Audio Drama - Anime-RG (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BAnime-RG%5D%20Shakugan%20no%20Shana%20Audio%20Drama%20-%20Shana%27s%20Social%20Study%20Field%20Trip%20~Ju st%20Like%20a%20Night%27s%20Dream~%20%5BABEC1128%5 D.mp4.torrent)

This one was pretty funny.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Haha, fully random, and quite the amusement.

I do hope they keep chucking us little bits like this until we hear of a third season. Just hope the investors don't lose their confidence after the Shana II.

Pandadice
Mon, 06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Shana 3 announced (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-06-01/new-shakugan-no-shana-anime-in-development-revealed)

so it looks like a third season is finally under-way. Hopefully Shana's third will go much better than ZnT's third season...

RyougaZell
Mon, 06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Well... I hope it recovers the greatness of the first season. Frankly (and personally) the 2nd season was very bad.

LaZie
Mon, 06-01-2009, 11:11 PM
2nd season was mostly bad, but it had some good redeeming moments. Can't wait for the 3rd season in hopes of some actual progress in the story.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
The best episode of Shana Second was their fight against that assassin fellow who never dies, and still hasn't.

I also noticed that Urusai x3 was mostly absent during the second series. Correlation?

Still, I'm hoping that this third series will be as good as the first.

Kraco
Tue, 06-02-2009, 12:15 AM
The first half of the second season was dreadfully slow and stretched, the second half wasn't so bad when the fighting started. Let's indeed hope they learned something out of it and will make the 3rd season more dynamic. Even a 13 episodes half season would be better than something like the second season.

Archangel
Tue, 06-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Lol, so much hate for season 2

It sure does help to watch it all at once, since the first part didn't seem slow to me at all

Can't wait for the third installment

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Well yeah, the wait for us to watch Ep21 (pwnage of immortal assassin dude Sabrac) was like 21 weeks, as opposed to your 10.5hrs.

Archangel
Tue, 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Well yeah, the wait to watch Ep21 (pwnage of immortal assassin dude) was like 21 weeks, as opposed to your 10.5hrs.

O_o

Care to elaborate?

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I think it was pretty straightforward. The best part of the series came much faster for you, while we had to wait months to see it.

Archangel
Tue, 06-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Oh, i thought he meant the story had taken an halt before that episode or something

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
I stopped watching Shana 2nd halfway because I became annoyed. One day when I didn't had anything better to do I marathoned the second half of it. The last few episodes were indeed good... but the first episodes were painful. I think I saw the rest of the episodes a full 3 months after it ended.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-17-2009, 12:22 AM
I stopped watching Shana 2nd halfway because I became annoyed.

urusai! Urusai! URUSAI !!!

:p (I went back and remembered that guy's name was Sabrac).

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-07-2009, 11:03 AM
"The August issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will confirm on Friday that the new Shana anime project which was revealed last month is the Shakugan no Shana S original video anime (OVA) series."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-07-07/new-shana-anime-to-be-shakugan-no-shana-s-ova-series

I'm actually happy it turned out to be an OVA. At least its a bit more of a guarantee of a tighter storyline.

Illrenmazou
Sat, 08-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Cam ripped OVA trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCIg5dDvvAk)
Lol. It looks like they switched bodies :eek:

Archangel
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Lol, from the same guy who ripped the railgun film

Did he stand there all day?

Kraco
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:56 AM
Lol. It looks like they switched bodies :eek:

That's what happened in it? When I watched the trailer yesterday, I didn't quite catch what was going on.

Lol, from the same guy who ripped the railgun film

Did he stand there all day?

He recorded also an UBW movie trailer.

Archangel
Sat, 08-15-2009, 02:57 AM
Like he said, i think they switched bodies with one another for some reason

Where's that UBW trailer????

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 08-15-2009, 09:10 AM
UBW?!?! As much as I want to see the Shana OVA...UBW ranks a little higher right now.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Shakugan no Shana S Preview (704x396 x264 AAC).mp4 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=91844)

---------------------

Doesn't seem like there's be much action in the first episode of Shana S, but there seems to some interesting things going on between Yuuji and Shana. None of that slow-paced shit that was half of S2 (hopefully, anyway, but it looks good). Lots of blushing going on.

I nod in approval at Shana's choice of summer clothes :D

Yuuji shows some pretty kickass abilities near the end. Looks like he's mastered strengthen or something.

I don't remember Yuuji having a heart attack when he goes low on power. I honestly can't remember a thing from last season besides fighting Sabrac and Yuuji losing his Reiji Maigo(?). Time to read randomc's summaries again.
(edit: he got it back after all.)

"Prophecy" and "All in good time" were pretty good listening. The song names themselves might be indicative of what's to come.

Archangel
Tue, 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Chibi and Chibier ?

Doesn't look too much on the action front but i'm still really looking forward to it

Kraco
Tue, 10-20-2009, 10:21 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/9/7/6/2/shanaetazunyan.jpg

Shana and... Azu-nyan?

Anyway, it looked quite interesting. Like Bill said, probably not much action to be expected but otherwise it didn't look bad.

Archangel
Tue, 10-20-2009, 10:26 AM
I uploaded it on youtube if anyone's interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRtIVEQ5CjY

Yukimura
Tue, 10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
It looks like there could be a memory loss or perhaps even a body switch plot from some of the reactions of the characters. Grown up Shana looks quite nice.

Archangel
Tue, 10-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Shana with visible boobs... weird

I've already had a hunch on that body switching business since the last preview too

Marik
Thu, 10-22-2009, 09:30 PM
[Mamiko-Chihiro]​ Shakugan​ no​ Shana​ S​ - 01​ - 1080p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29173) | 720p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29152) | 480p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29153) | xvid (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29154)

Mamiko did the translation.

Kraco
Fri, 10-23-2009, 01:39 AM
I wonder if others are going to sub this? I think I'll wait a bit.

oyabun
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:20 AM
Wow new Shana! I didn't know it came out already.

RyougaZell
Sun, 10-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Ugh... what a pointless OVA...

Archangel
Sun, 10-25-2009, 01:24 PM
That was indeed pointless

What about the whole "you have to choose one of us" decision that was so hyped up in the last episode of Shakugan II?

I hate it when harems just reset shit for the sake of sequels...

Marik
Fri, 10-30-2009, 05:31 PM
[Mamiko-Chihiro]​ Shakugan​ no​ Shanatan​ G​ - 1080p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29366) | 720p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29367) | 480p (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=29368)