PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 369

Yukimura
Fri, 09-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Spoiler pics (courtesy of Mut getting them from some other website)
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3997/96027612fi8.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4986/33622718uc1.jpg
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/6362/4lqixp5ll8.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/5905/d0bc2ac88a74734bdaaa0.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/6497/305c121a1d542ad517hw1.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/9241/2946c06fc9f1c0990bcf7.jpg

Chapter 369 RAW (http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbb8gk)

masamuneehs
Fri, 09-07-2007, 01:59 PM
holy fucking hell. did Kagari make a cameo? And flashback to the Sannin fighting some crazy dude from the Rain? Looks like the original frog boss... Probably get alot of backstory on that village finally...

and what the hell was going on in the end?!?!

I wish i could read moonspeak.. this needs scanlation NOW!

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Holy fuck...

Text translation:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17886

An Amagakure-nin gave them the Sannin title... and that dude was stronger than them... and Pain killed him...

And SIX Akatsuki at the end... all of them are Pain? New ones? WTF!

Yukimura
Fri, 09-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Naruto 396 - [MS] (http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2msvl)

Idealistic
Fri, 09-07-2007, 03:46 PM
It wasn't too clear to me about Pain killing off all connections.... But was it implying that Pain is behind the killing of the Uchiha clan? He wanted to get rid of all connections so he must have killed off all the Akatsuki member's homes and stuff.

Fuuma blood? Isn't Fuuma from one of the fillers? That girl that was trying to save her brother or something?

February
Fri, 09-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I dont think the Akatsuki bodies we saw were all Pain? or Maybe I saw differently...
but this newly introduced villian seems weird looking with the aquatic face mask..and its scary that someone so powerful that defeated the sannins could be taken down by Pain.

I cant believe Jiraiya actually tickled them. I thought he was kidding in the last chapter

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 09-07-2007, 05:21 PM
That was pretty tight. Loved the whole..."You will be known as the legendary Three" thing. That was cool. Pein is still a questionable opponent. Cant wait to hear more aobut him. Looks like he is going after Jiraiya now.

Koyuki
Fri, 09-07-2007, 06:54 PM
God damn, another really good chapter. I want to see more of Hanzou and Pain. I wonder who those Akatsukis are.

chet_chetty
Fri, 09-07-2007, 06:57 PM
With Hanzou on his lol Salamander Summon, I get the feeling Gamabunta will make his return in this fight. Also, it seems to me that Pein's side of the fight will be more about largescale elemental jutsu utter destruction rather than strategy.

Konohamaru
Fri, 09-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Hmm Pein intrigues me now. Perhaps Pein can tranfere his spirit/essense/heart? into any of the bodies according to their skills needed for the battle. The 6 bodies in that room didn't all look the same. For instance the one at the bottom right is thin, across from that, is a body with a big belly. It might explain the dumb and clever Tobi's. Perhaps they're proper genetic clones?

Carnage
Fri, 09-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmm...Pein kills babies? I hope he gets defeated by Naruto; the biggest insult anyone could ever take.

conquistaDan
Fri, 09-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Good chapter, agreed all around

@Konohamaru
yeah I think you're going somewhere with that, but here's something else. To really get down to the point of whats going on, I think we need to pay attention to the symbols (kanji i think) at the bottom of each tube holding each member. Once and if we find out what those are pertaining to each member, we should be able to find out who/what is going on.

just a thought.

Yukimura
Fri, 09-07-2007, 08:08 PM
In the last page the symbol on the bottom left pod looked like six, and the one on the left in the middle looked like 5 but it was kind of obscure. The one that the Pein we saw go into the cave got into seems to be the one that was on the bottom right on the last page, but I don't recognize that symbol.

My theory is that he's got numbered beds for all the bodies he can switch to at will, I wonder if they are in fact different from one another or if they're just clones he uses to conserve strength or something.

oyabun
Fri, 09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
nice chapter, are those 6 akatsuki are the ones who already captured a tailed beast?

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Not the most exciting chapter but some really good build-up. I like how Pein is like the narutoveres's Keyser Söze. If you don't know who that is go watch usual suspects. If you're too lazy to do that you can read this definition on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_Soze

I have two theory's about the akatsuki tubes.

Either they are several clones of Pein.

Or my other theory is a little lame but after Tobi was revealed to be the true leader of the akatsuki I think anything goes at this point.

I think that each one of those tubes is probably some sort of clone of deceased akatsuki members. The numbers work out pretty well.

1. Orochimaru
2. Sasori
3. Hidan
4. Kuzuzu
5. Diedara

A clone of each of them could be in the tubes and it might tie into the significance of the rings that are so important to the akatsuki.

Only way to see if I'm right is to compare the Kanji on the rings with the signs under each tube.

Maybe Pein can control each of the clones then send all of them after jiraiya which would be one hell of a force to be reckoned with.

rockmanj
Fri, 09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, Pein's no Kevin Spacey, but I see your point (but wouldn't that be more like Tobi's role? the goofy screw up who controls everything)...Yea, it seems like Pein is just plain ridiculously ruthless and powerful, and its starting to become clear that he's too much for Jiraiya to handle alone. It's not looking like a good situation...

fahoumh
Sat, 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
^ Yeah, it looks like the Sannin couldn't defeat Hanzou but Hanzou was defeated by Pein. I would think Jiraiya is a lot stronger now then when he was in that flashback, or at least be a lot more skilled but still....it should be one hell of a fight.

conquistaDan
Sat, 09-08-2007, 12:16 AM
No it's not looking good for him at all. Although, he is a Sannin, so I think that he'd be able to at least handle himself and understand jutsu's that Pein might use.

@LobsterMagnet:
1) good point but, I don't really think that he can "control" members.
2) the rings prolly don't have any significance to each other than just each of them having a symbol for themselves.

each clone could be each of the old members some how. The only backup though:each of the bodies looks like each old member in some way physically.

but w/e

Stoopider
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:10 AM
Is pain the leader of Akatsuki? Or am I reading the manga wrongly?

Idealistic
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Since Pain has Konan with him.... What are the chances that Konan might ask Pain to step aside and let her handle it? But as the fight is about to begin, Tsunade also comes in even though Jiraiya had told her not to come.

So then it'd be Pain vs Jiraiya and Konan vs Tsunade.

Munsu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 04:07 AM
I'm just glad that the leader of Akatsuki is not from the Leaf.

I'm pretty sure that he can transfer himself to another body using those tubes, as the current Pain we've seen goes to sleep, another one awakens with the same eyes, and probably with a different look.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-08-2007, 07:17 AM
If Pain is really all that, then Tobi must be off the scale to be ordering him around like that.

Raven
Sat, 09-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Nice to know how the Sannin title originated.

Well, we've known for a few chapters now that Jiraiya is gonna die. I guess this chapter explains why, eh?

Munsu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
If Pain is really all that, then Tobi must be off the scale to be ordering him around like that.

Tobi = Madara, which means he's the one that Kyuubi mentioned to be even more sinister than him, so of course he's off the scale.

itadakimasu
Sat, 09-08-2007, 12:10 PM
I wasn't expecting anything that happened in this chapter. Was neat to find out where the 'sannin' name came from. the plot keeps twisting with every chapter it seems. i hope all the loose ends get tied up eventually

masamuneehs
Sat, 09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
damn, alot to digest. Jiraiya really turned that guy into a frog... that was pretty nasty...

and, as expressed, awesomeness at Hanzou's power and naming the Sannin.

The Rain nin mentioned that they say Pain may have descended from the Fuuma clan... but I can't recall ever hearing that name before. Anybody remember? It might be pretty important, his roots and all. I don't think Kishimoto would have thrown in this random guess just to confuse us.

Destroying everyone who had ties with Hanzou? This, and Madara Uchiha's prescense, really intones that we don't know the full story of the Uchiha Clan massacre...

I'm really looking forward to getting to some fighting, even though I still don't think Jiraiya is a match for him...

DB_Hunter
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:15 PM
The Sanin at the point of their meeting with Hanzou look to be about 2 or 3 years older than what Naruto is at now. So I'm guessing they soon should have surpassed or at least matched Hanzou as they matured. The Pain fight can't be as one sided as some may think, that wouldd just be the most anti-climactic end for Jiraiya ever.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm just glad that the leader of Akatsuki is not from the Leaf.

I'm pretty sure that he can transfer himself to another body using those tubes, as the current Pain we've seen goes to sleep, another one awakens with the same eyes, and probably with a different look.

Depends what you mean by leader. Cuz Madara is of Uchiha clan, which is from The Leaf Village. So Tobi/Madara is from the Leaf. Now if you are talking Pain as the "leader" than that would be right.

Mhalador
Sat, 09-08-2007, 05:31 PM
The tubes could be how he creates the clones we see in the earlier chapters.

KCMmmmm
Sat, 09-08-2007, 10:17 PM
It WAS cool to see how they got the title of Sannin. I think we all assumed they got it simply through being the students of the third....but as it turns out, they EARNED it. If Hanzou was from the rain village, can we expect him to have some sort of ability to protect himself from rain? Then, we might be able to guess that Pein has some other wild ability besides controlling the rain, huh?

Hmmm, I can't wait for the battle. It's about time we saw Jiraiya in a real fight! Even if it is his last....

Carnage
Sat, 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Maybe Pein is Hanzou....

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-09-2007, 04:12 AM
He looks too young, unless everyone is going for Face Lift no Jutsu's these days.

Munsu
Sun, 09-09-2007, 04:34 AM
He looks too young, unless everyone is going for Face Lift no Jutsu's these days.
You did see him changing bodies didn't you?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-09-2007, 05:28 AM
You did see him changing bodies didn't you?

If Hanzou had that sort of ability, I'm sure it would have been known. Unless late in to his matured ninja life he decided to change his entire fighting style and use multiple bodies.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-09-2007, 07:35 AM
If I recall correctly and I think that I am then Pain is a descendant of the Fuuma Clan. A clan that came to light in the FILLERS. They used special Chakra attacks. Its in the first Filler Arc. They learn about the clan in "Town of outlaws Shadow of the Fūma clan"

But since thats with one U and not 2 I could be wrong about the clan. However it would be cool if they used a clan from the fillers and intigrated it into the manga.

Psyke
Sun, 09-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I suggest not taking the name Fuuma from the fillers so seriously. More likely than not, Pain has no connections to anyone from the fillers.

Both Fuuma and Hanzo are common ninja names used in animes or games, and are referenced in many other media. The names originate from the 2 lengendary ninjas, Fuuma Kotaro (風魔小太郎) and Hattori Hanzo (服部 半蔵).

chet_chetty
Sun, 09-09-2007, 08:43 AM
When he was talking to Tsunade, his plan was basically to put his life on the life, have high expectations that he would die, yet do some serious damage and leave a mark. The shock Jiraiya had when he learned that Pein took out Hanzo, despite all those security measures, and then massacred a whole bunch of people makes me think his and Pein's confrontation will occur differently than scenario I originally pictured.

Now that he has a decent understanding of Pein's strenth, he has to know he's going to get butchered accomplishing nothing. I wonder if he'll restrategize, by either retreating (doubtful) or calling (most likely) Tsunade (if anyone at all) for aid [someone predicted she would join the battle earlier in this thread, I think, which makes sense because she's part of the Hanzo history]. Either way, it doesnt matter because Konan and now Pein are hunting him down and we'll probably see the infamous said without needing to be said line, "what bad timing".

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe Kabutoro will appear somehow and complete the Sanin as much as possible...

chet_chetty
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Given that he wants to continue Orochimaru's goal to, more or less, be the strongest ninja, I could see how defeating someone like Pein would be of interest to Kabutoro.

poopdeville
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Given that he wants to continue Orochimaru's goal to, more or less, be the strongest ninja, I could see how defeating someone like Pein would be of interest to Kabutoro.

Orochimaru wasn't in a big hurry though. As long as fresh young bodies were available, he could learn all the world's techniques (which would probably take several lifetimes) at his own pace. Fighting Pein would have probably been a loss, and thus would have ruined his plan.

itadakimasu
Mon, 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
which is oro more a part of, kabuto? or sasuke?

February
Mon, 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM

I think Kabuto. People might say Sasuke because Sasuke confirms that he has actually received one of his powers (regeneration ability) but other than that, we still haven't seen a significant change in Sasuke's powers or body, which we should have seen when he was fighting Deidara (since he almost completely exhausted himself and really tried) but as for Kabuto, we've heard him say that its almost taking over his body and Hinata's vision shows that its already 1/3 part of him. And obviously, we see that Kabuto changed alot from it

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
wow, Hanzou is so evil, naming them the sannin...
it's a laugh at thier expence, whenever someone will refer to them as legendary, they will recall back to the time thier butts were kicked..
it's smart, and evil. my favorite combo.

However, Hanzou said that "this battle is your victory", and considering his tyrant like looks and personallity, I don't think he would back off just for nothing.. Unless he knew that there was someone defintally stronger than him at the leaf.. Are you getting my drift?

It would be awsome to see Jiraya, Tsuande and Kabutoro going all out on Payne, but i don't think it'll happen yet, the series can't run out of it's entire 'parent-figure' cast just yet..

as for the clones, I'm assuming that those are Payne's so called Proxies, or maybe he copies off Kazoku and has clones for each type of element attack?

anyway, great chapter.

*Enlighten*
Tue, 09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
wow, Hanzou is so evil, naming them the sannin...
it's a laugh at thier expence, whenever someone will refer to them as legendary, they will recall back to the time thier butts were kicked..
it's smart, and evil. my favorite combo.

However, Hanzou said that "this battle is your victory", and considering his tyrant like looks and personallity, I don't think he would back off just for nothing.. Unless he knew that there was someone defintally stronger than him at the leaf.. Are you getting my drift?

It would be awsome to see Jiraya, Tsuande and Kabutoro going all out on Payne, but i don't think it'll happen yet, the series can't run out of it's entire 'parent-figure' cast just yet..

as for the clones, I'm assuming that those are Payne's so called Proxies, or maybe he copies off Kazoku and has clones for each type of element attack?

anyway, great chapter.

Um were to start? But to only say u don't make sense when u post. Your words are a gathering of unnecessary fantasies. I mean do u ever look at what u write? U might just say “damn was I drunk before I post that bull shit” because it utterly doesn’t make any sense

why would payne do the same elemental copy thing kazoku did earlier in the manga before he got crushed by Naruto? and Tsunade being the hokage why would she leave her village? think about these things before u post

Munsu
Tue, 09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Alright people, *Enlighten* is gone from the forums so no need to respond to his idiotic posts that make no sense.

As for Madara... has it been revealed anywhere what her/his gender is? I would really like to see a female Sharingan user. What about how old she/he is? Probably very very old, since I don't remember Sasuke even reacting to the name when Kyuubi mentioned it right?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Wow. It's amazing how illitrate you can be... are you drunk by some chance? or is this your natrual state of (lack of) thought?

Let's analyze my earlier post, one point at the time.

Structure; my post has four main paragraphs.

1. my comments about Hanzou.
I'm saying that Hanzou is evil, since he humilates the three ninjas by giving them a supposbly honorable title, which will be used a term of respect by others. But each of them will remember forever how they got the title, and it will remind them how they have totally lost to a superior enemy.

^That was my impression of that aspect of the chapter^

2. A theory about Hanzou.
I'm saying that judgeing by Hanzou's description as an evil dictator guy and his evil radioactive army of ninjas, I can't see Hanzou as a "man of honor", and i'm raising the suspicion that Hanzou knew the leaf village had someone stronger than him, and I'm obviously thinking about the 4th hokage. and by comparing this speculation and the fact he was beaten by Payne I'm trying to draw a paralell line between Payne and the 4th.

^This part was a theory, are you getting it?^

3. Something I would like to see.
This part is a fantasy. yes, I'm saying that I would have loved to see the three Sannin going at Payne and showing out thier true power and teamwork, maybe see some cool before the three die by the hands of Payne.

^You're right this time, eh? I did write off something I would like to see!^

4.Thoughts about the cells.
Now, i'm going into some theories about the cliffhanger page, I'm suggesting that Payne is using multipie bodies to maximize his elemental circle advantges. He has a body for spying, and then some bodies to fight with spesific strengths. Also, If i'm in the subject, maybe Payne doesn't even exist as an indvidual, and is the creation of Konan, I Always thought they looked like Shaman king's Chinese girl & Zombie combo

^Tthose are some ideas thrown to the air, you know, conversation?^.

The ending of my previous post is me concluding and saying that despite everything, I've liked this chapter and enjoyed it greatly.

Now, it's my turn for some perssonal insults.

Do you ever look at HOW you write? it's like you were beaten as a child with a metal rod at the head, repeatdly. Maybe if I got myself drunk (and I mean really drunk, two bottles of Vodka and a keg of pure Ethanol) and a serious blow to the head, resulting in seveare brain damage, then I could be on the same level of conversation with you.
Why were you left alive after showing such signs of idioticy? how come you survived crossing the road without a pair of working brain cells? Think about these things before you post.

Edit: *Munsu*... I spent so much time on this point and now you tell me he's banned? all the hard work gone to drain?

Munsu
Tue, 09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Next time write faster or write less...

Anyways:

As for Madara... has it been revealed anywhere what her/his gender is? I would really like to see a female Sharingan user. What about how old she/he is? Probably very very old, since I don't remember Sasuke even reacting to the name when Kyuubi mentioned it right?

chet_chetty
Tue, 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Orochimaru wasn't in a big hurry though. As long as fresh young bodies were available, he could learn all the world's techniques (which would probably take several lifetimes) at his own pace. Fighting Pein would have probably been a loss, and thus would have ruined his plan.

I meant Kabutoro will continue to accomplish Orochimaru's (end) but not necessarily by Oro's means (the body transfer jutsu). But who knows, having Oro's symbiotic DNA in him might now give him that ability. We really dont know which of Oro's powers Kabutoro has gained from the fusion. We do know Kabuto is a genius with the way the body works as shown when he quickly figured out how to make his body work in the Sannin fight. So no doubt he'll master the power he took.

Seriously though, I have to think Kabutoro will be Akatsuki/Sannin level when he shows up again. As just Kabuto, he was a genius who arguably stood on equal ground with Kakashi. How old was Kabuto pre-timejump anyways? like 19? A genius who is already jounin level gaining a crazy powerup is a scary thing.

KCMmmmm
Tue, 09-11-2007, 05:53 PM

I would think he is more a part of Sasuke. Kabuto merely integrated the remains of Orochimaru's body, whereas Sasuke absorbed his consciousness. So, I think the one with the intent and mind of Orochimaru is more a part of him than the one who only has his body.

masamuneehs
Tue, 09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I would think he is more a part of Sasuke. Kabuto merely integrated the remains of Orochimaru's body, whereas Sasuke absorbed his consciousness. So, I think the one with the intent and mind of Orochimaru is more a part of him than the one who only has his body.

I thought of it as Sasuke 'conquering' or overcoming Orochimaru's psyche. He got his jutsu and some abilities, which we can assume is one of the whole points of him doing the Body Switches in the first place. But I thought Sasuke beat Orochimaru's mind, which tried to conquer Sasuke's.

On the other hand, while Kabuto says that he put Orochimaru's remains into him, the fact that that part is 'taking over' his body suggests it could have consciousness.

We'll really have to see, I suppose...

Thing is, Sasuke has yet to show any sign that his mind has been altered or that Orochimaru's psyche is somehow a part of his.