PDA

View Full Version : Game: Metroid Prime 3

Assertn
Thu, 09-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this yet....

Does anyone else have this game? I'm liking it so far, it does have a little different of a feel from the previous two, since its been tweaked to accommodate the wii controls. Some argue that this game might set the standards for Wii shooters, since Red Steel failed that horribly.

Also, while its a single player game, there is also some weird bonus-collection element for unlocking secrets...and some of the bonuses require you to trace "vouchers" with other friends that have a copy of the game.

Kind of a lame marketing trick but......
Anyone else have this game so we can trade vouchers??

XanBcoo
Thu, 09-06-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm not very far into this game (just got the grapple-swing from the abandoned ship on Bryyo or whatever), but it's pretty good so far. I'm actually not totally comfortable with the Wiimote controls. Looking up and down is by far the most awkward part about moving around. Otherwise it feels pretty nice, especially using the nunchuck to grapple.

I had never heard of the Vouchers thing before you mentioned it, Assertn. How's that supposed to work?

Raven
Thu, 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't get a local release until November. I'd import, but I cbf working around regions.

The crappy thing is, by the time I get it, love it, and want to discuss it, you guys will all have finished it ages ago. ;_;

Assertn
Thu, 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Apparently you get vouchers for doing various feats like saving a marine or getting 100 kills, etc.

The vouchers themselves are worthless unless you give them to someone else, in which it becomes a green token that can be used towards purchasing bonuses. I've got like, 6 vouchers so far...so lets make some trades if you have any.

I need two from someone so I can get bumper stickers on my ship!

darkmetal505
Fri, 09-07-2007, 01:40 AM
It's out? I thought the date was near Christmas. Will get soon because 1 and 2 were so badass.

deadlydreamx
Fri, 09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
yea i just finished getting the spider ball.. dnt kno how to trade friend vouchers tho

Assertn
Fri, 09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14080&highlight=mii+community

Add me to your friends list. Add your number to the list if its not already there.
Then we should be able to go into the game options, see each other's names, and be able to send vouchers.

XanBcoo
Fri, 09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
I sent you a voucher, Assertn. I'm not really sure how many I have atm. Does it have a list somehwere? I think I just glossed over the information on that screen.

Assertn
Mon, 09-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I sent you a voucher, Assertn. I'm not really sure how many I have atm. Does it have a list somehwere? I think I just glossed over the information on that screen.

Erm, are you sure? I didn't see myself getting one. I might need to update my wii address book, so I'll go and add all you guys in and we can mess around with it tomorrow.

I gotta get those bumper stickers and bobble head before I beat the game....I'm already at like, 96% :/

EDIT: Ok, I went through the list and re-added everyone. Remember, I have a newer # so XanBCoo, you guys need to replace mine before we can link up.

Assertn
Wed, 09-12-2007, 09:24 PM
I hate you guys. I'm already 96% complete with the game :(

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Eh, I'll get around to it.

Honestly haven't touched the game since my last post. I got up to that Star with all the wrecked ships. Lost interest. I'll send the vouchers though. My last notice was for 800 kills, so I guess I have at least 8?