PDA

View Full Version : TV: Life

Munsu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 02:36 AM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6970/fplifeca4.jpg

First episode dvd screener is out:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=f7c7494331dee0816c2d09ee19f 479c064afd9c7

Series starts on September 26 on NBC. First episode was quite good, especially towards the end when it hints at a big conspiracy which should drive the show through the whole series. The two main characters are already presented with conflict of interests that should be interesting during the series as they are partners with their own agenda.

Damien Lewis stars as a former police officer who, after years of false imprisonment, returns to the force with a decidedly different philosophy. Deadwood's Robin Weigert has been added to the cast of the series. She'll play the boss of Lewis' character, Lt. Davis. Sleeper Cell's Melissa Sagemiller will play the lawyer who got him out of prison that despite the fact that she is married, has a spark with Lewis.

Munsu
Wed, 10-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Here's episode 1 and 2:
http://www.bt-chat.com/details.php?id=19681
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=87811ef5c48b675d673d82f9d31 0f75fa42b5bd5

And this has been a cool series so far, so if you are looking for something new to watch give this a try. Anyone else watching this besides me?

Turkish-S
Sat, 10-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Good show... very good show..

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM
After looking at all the others, I've been thinking this is the best new show this season. It's really entertaining. The continuing storylines of Crews trying to figure out who framed him and Reese's drug problems are good. You never really know who is on Crews side when he meets them again.

I was glad to see his old partner was still loyal. Even better, he didn't let his friendship get in the way of his job as a cop. I figure that Crews at least respects him for that, even if it only helped put him in prison.

The other thing I like is how they interrogate. Unlike Law and Order or The Closer or even CSI, Crews (and sometime Reese too) don't get all bent out of shape in trying to get a confession. No fiery outbursts, no slamming the desks, just cold reason. Crews is utterly calm and when Reese is too, you can see how uncomfortable the suspects get.

I can't get much to talk about each episode though. Just the overall feel of the show.

Zati
Sat, 10-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with Ryllharu that this is probably one of the best new shows. The show just reminds of House too, like the actor looks a little similar, and just the way he acts too.

Munsu
Thu, 10-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Tonight's episode was really good. Hopefully that Russian will show up in future episodes. Crews was great in this episode, even did a bit of asskicking. I also liked how they had made us think that his former partner might've been innocent, and now we get new intel showing that he might've been more involved than Crews belived, with the bank robbery and all.

AngryGumball
Wed, 10-31-2007, 03:09 AM
I don't understand why why the bank robbery plays into the real crime that Crews went to jail for? Was it for the murder of that family?

Munsu
Wed, 10-31-2007, 04:18 AM
I have no idea either, I guess we'll learn in the upcoming episodes. Maybe it had to do with the family getting murdered, maybe it had something to do with a cover up, maybe the money was used to pay people off.

Shi_No_Shikaku
Tue, 11-13-2007, 07:52 AM
I was just thinking the same thing as Munsu.... but I don't know how that would work. Great show btw.

Munsu
Thu, 11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Man, last night's episode, episode 8, has been the best so far I'd say. A couple of good developments...

The detective after Crew's gets killed, we meet Dani's father, the DA goes after him. Great episode.

Abdula
Thu, 11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Life is an amazing show, unfortunately I haven't been able to watch it lately but Life and Pushing Daisies are definitely the best new shows of the season.

Munsu
Thu, 11-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Another good episode of Life last night...

We pretty much get two crimes to solve and we see Crews confronting his partner's dad. Good stuff as always.

And a couple of good news, the series got a full season order AND next week we'll have two new episodes of Life; one on Monday after Heroes, and another on its regular spot on Wednesday.

animus
Fri, 11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
IF Life took the spot after Heroes, what happened to Journeyman? Cancelled, or just not airing on monday for that week?

Munsu
Fri, 11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
It returns December 10.

Munsu
Wed, 12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Good episode two days ago...

It had a bit of everything, some Zen talk, some whores, some lesbian kissing, some karate... But most importantly, right next to the lesbian kissing, Crews finally found who killed the people he was framed for. So don't forget that there's another episode tonight, and it looks like it'll be very good.

Assassin
Fri, 12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Loved this wednesdays episode. The whole throwing away the zen cassette like he didn't care, and then diggin the whole at the end was awesome.Things are really starting to get good now. He finally found the girl, and lost her again. And jack reece doesn't seem to be scared at all. I wonder who else was invovled in the conspiracy.

animus
Sun, 12-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I really liked how they used the episode before the "Dig a hole, then bury it" was used in this one so well.

Munsu
Mon, 12-10-2007, 04:29 AM
With him getting a lot of screentime with the girl being shot, I was hoping she would end up being the one he was looking for, but she has been clearly brainwashed, didn't even recognize his 'uncle'. Can't wait till they meet again, with her accusing him of shooting her and all.

I really liked the episode, the car crash was nice, and the way he handled it. I'm sure this goes deeper than Jack, so I wonder where the investigation will lead to next. It was nice to see the interaction between Crew's old partner and his new one.

Fucking strike better end soon, it's really starting to piss me off.

animus
Thu, 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
No new episode yesterday caused by the strike I'm guessing?

TwisT
Thu, 12-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I though the last episode was the last for this season.

animus
Thu, 12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
Oh was it? I downloaded it, since it didn't have any commercials or anything to say if it was the season finale or not. Oh well.

Turkish-S
Fri, 12-14-2007, 10:27 AM
meh.. the episode felt a little rushed.

Assassin
Tue, 09-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Life...its back bitches! And even better then before in my opinion. I love the new chief...quite a quirky character. Looks like we'll be getting a rather sudden advancement of the subplot. Probably cuz the strike cut short whatever time they wanted to spend developing the initial stages. But i personally dont mind. I want to see where this conspiracy goes....im sure it'll be a lot bigger then what it is currently, otherwise the show couldn't survive past half a season.

animus
Tue, 09-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Damn I missed it. Oh well, I'll just grab a torrent tomorrow or something.

But yeah, I really enjoyed last season. Honestly, i wasn't expecting myself to. I was expecting another generic law and order/csi.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Epguides.com doesn't show season 2 of Life airing until the 29th. I couldn't find any torrents around either. Where did you find it Assassin?

Munsu
Wed, 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Yep, season hasn't started yet. BUT, if you had read this awesome thread I created "TV/Movie General Discussion" (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16417) you would be aware of where to find the episode.

You can watch it over on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/35355/life-sneak-peek-find-your-happy-place

animus
Wed, 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Yea, they're airing it a week earlier. I thought it was weird at first cause, I just went over to nbc.com and watched a stream. It said 200 and was titled Sneak Peak. But it was a whole friggin' episode. I was like huh?

But anyways, that was a really good episode I thought. And the conspiracy is still underway.

Munsu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Well the season started last night, but I thought it was a good episode (from what I saw) but I was too distracted fixing some things at my house, so I need to rewatch the episode.

With that said, the series is moving to Fridays, so this week will air epsiode 2 also this Friday.

TwisT
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
oh sweet. two episodes for the price of one :P

Last nights episode was awesome. And i'm glad to see that they have kept the old concept of him doing cases and then still having his own private investigation on the side.

Well i liked the serial killer. When they had him in the station and first he cried and then he just got that sick smile on his face. That was awesome. Also i wonder how long it will take until Cruz wants to know about her fathers involvement.

Edit: And damn that was a small citrus fruit. I thought clementine was one of the smallest. At least it's the smallest i have eaten.

Munsu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's episode 2:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1874406

I thought this was a very good one. You got the MILF doctor and you've got the mistress... what else do you need? By the way, what do you guys think of Donal Logue (Grounded for Life) as the new captain? I don't know what to make of him yet, though I think he can be quite funny in the future after he has settled in.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
I liked his character in Grounded for Life. He's a quirky character with potential but at the moment he just doesn't mesh very well.

I had no idea Life was on Fridays now. I thought it still had the timeslot after Heroes.

Munsu
Sun, 10-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow, I hadn't realized this, but Life will be airing two episodes next week also. Tomorrow and Friday once again. After that, it'll move permanently to Fridays. But for the time being, awesome.

animus
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
lol @ Charlie's hallucinations.

Reese's question during dinner for her father, was kinda fucking random since it followed a long ass grill fest.

Munsu
Sun, 10-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Charlie's hallucinations were awesome...

So, in the latest episode he started up his conspiracy wall once again...

At the moment I'm really worried for this show being cancelled. The ratings are quite bad, and unless it improves soon, I can see NBC dumping it in the near future.

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:18 PM
They're doing bad? What a shame, I was sure it would have quite a following, since it's such a good series. And especially since they followed Heroes time slot last season.

We can always mass mail peanuts to NBC or something...

Munsu
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Well, Life is also airing on Friday's, which it's the real timeslot (it will be there solely from next week on). Heroes isn't THAT hot in the ratings as is. Then, you factor in Boston Legal, which is getting some great viewership this season as it's their final one, and CSI Miami which is watched by a ton of people and is a well established procedural, then Life really didn't stand much of a chance in that time slot.

Hopefully NBC likes the series well enough to keep it around, but I've yet to see a network keeping a series around just because they like it.

Munsu
Sat, 10-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Haven't seen last night's episode yet, but here's some news:

In this tough, low-rated TV season, NBC is the first network to reshuffle its lineup. What's the Peacock's solution? Crime night!

According to the Hollywood Reporter, starting Wednesday Nov. 5, NBC will present a block of crime dramas: Knight Rider at 8 pm/ET, Life at 9 pm (moving in from Fridays at 10), and the return of longtime staple Law & Order at 10 pm.

Life is making a rare jump back to a midweek slot after being banished to the Friday night graveyard. Effectively swapping places with Life is Lipstick Jungle, which after a surprising second-season renewal has been performing below expectations on Wednesdays.

NBC has also changed the premiere date of its new Ryan Seacrest-produced reality show Momma's Boys to Dec. 16, following the Biggest Loser: Families finale. It will then air on Mondays at 9 pm in Heroes slot during the show's winter hiatus.

What do you think of the programming tweaks?
http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Moves-Life-34708.aspx

Life should've been on Wednesdays since the start.

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 07:14 PM
I was about to say, isn't that The Mentalist's timeslot on CBS? So I went to checked and apparently it's not on Wednesdays anymore, but on Tuesdays now.

Anyways, this episode was rather good. Not as Charlie-centric as usual, but a lot more focus on the case at hand, no conspiracy stuff either. And Reese you can do better ;(

Munsu
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
The Mentalist was always on Tuesdays... right after NCIS.

But yeah, nice episode. I always like when shows bring up old cases and tie them up to current situations. I wonder what effect that kiss will have on Reese.

animus
Sun, 10-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Really? I could've sworn I was waiting for the stream to be put up on a Wednesday night or was that Sons of Anarchy. Ah well.

I guess Charlie x Reese is never gonna happen. I guess it'll follow more Charlie x ex-wife as far as romance in this show is concerned.

Munsu
Sun, 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, I myself never though of Crews and Reese getting together. I still think he'll get it on with the lawyer myself. But for now, I think he'll go after the ex-wife as you say.

And yeah, SoA is on Wednesdays.

Munsu
Mon, 11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, some good news here.... NBC has ordered the back-nine episodes for the season:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Life-Gets-Season-58330.aspx

animus
Thu, 11-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Good episode, but the placement of the conspiracy sections are VERY random. It's like they filmed it, didn't know where to place it and just threw it in this episode.

Munsu
Thu, 11-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Good episode, but the placement of the conspiracy sections are VERY random. It's like they filmed it, didn't know where to place it and just threw it in this episode.
My feelings exactly... very very poor editing. It's been happening very often this season. Otherwise a cool episode. I like the idea of Charlie driving the shot-up car. I got to get me one of those.

Have we seen that FBI Agent before? I don't remember him.

Assassin
Fri, 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Dont think so...i guess he has something to do with charlie's release....or maybe he worked on the case to put him in jail.

Munsu
Thu, 11-20-2008, 01:48 AM
Great episode last night. Plenty of hot chicks, and a cool cliffhanger ending.

TwisT
Thu, 11-20-2008, 06:49 AM
A really cool episode. First Reese and the Captain started to get it on there. Then that gorgeous woman was Bobby's sister. Then that whole comedic and awkward moment when they mixed up their weapons. And then we got cute little Fluffy. And all of this while masterfully chosen song was playing. I almost got wood with all that awesomeness delivered in one fluid motion. And then like Munsu said, the big cliffhanger. Didn't see that coming. Wonder what they will do with him now.

EDIT: And if i where Crews i would also have made the decision to go swimming.

animus
Thu, 11-20-2008, 10:22 AM
Haha, that's not your gun!

Assassin
Thu, 11-20-2008, 09:02 PM
great show....i've really been impressed with the writing and direction this show has taken. Im usually not a fan of cop drama's but Life takes it to a whole new level. And the great thing is, it isn't the premise of the show, its just the execution.

Munsu
Thu, 11-20-2008, 09:56 PM
great show....i've really been impressed with the writing and direction this show has taken. Im usually not a fan of cop drama's but Life takes it to a whole new level. And the great thing is, it isn't the premise of the show, its just the execution.
If you like this, then give The Mentalist a try. NCIS is another procedural worth checking out. Both shows are more about the characters and how they interact in quite a fun way rather than crime themselves (like CSI).

Assassin
Fri, 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
already follow NCIS....though i hate the overly pro american undertones. it is a decent show and i enjoy the character interactions.....Mentalist i started watching, and i enjoyed it, but it reminds me too much of a house/ncis mix. its not something i've been following, but maybe thats cuz of a bunch of other great shows this season (terminator, life, dirty sexy money, supernatural etc)

animus
Fri, 11-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Life and Mentalist are actually 2 of my favorite shows this season. Mentalist is a very well done show, you should give it another shot.

Munsu
Thu, 12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Life returned last night... Reese looked quite good in those panties.

animus
Thu, 12-04-2008, 12:39 PM
The episode as a whole was really good, but the conspiracy tidbits are really annoying now.
But I did especially like the really random dinner scenario.

Assassin
Thu, 12-04-2008, 04:51 PM
i agree, reese is really hot. the dinner was also fun. i wonder what that ex-cop told cruise.

Munsu
Fri, 12-05-2008, 05:21 AM
Life had season high ratings the last episode... helped because CBS didn't air Criminal Minds. But nonetheless, very good news... hopefully Life can build on from this ratings going forward.

After December 17, Life goes on a break until February 4. NBC sucks.

animus
Thu, 12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Good episode. I spy Renee from True Blood (he was the "assistant" to Squeaky, the owner of the Mayhem Museum).

The conspiracy section was actually linked, had consistency and placed decently unlike all the previous episodes. Goooood.

Munsu
Thu, 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Good episode. I spy Renee from True Blood (he was the "assistant" to Squeaky, the owner of the Mayhem Museum).

The conspiracy section was actually linked, had consistency and placed decently unlike all the previous episodes. Goooood.
I also spotted Dani from Californication... the Suicide Girl.

Munsu
Thu, 12-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I thought last night's episode was really really good... maybe my favorite of the series so far. The conspiracy plot was well integrated into the episode. Great to see Garret Dillahunt back in the series, hopefully this won't be his last. And the casting of Crew's father was a good one.

animus
Thu, 12-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Very good episode, it gelled very very well, something the majority of season two lacked immensely.

animus
Mon, 01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Was episode 12 the season finale? There hasn't been an episode in close to a month, and it says next episodes on February 4th.

Foomanchew24
Mon, 01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
It was picked up for the remainder of the season and will start back up in February. Unfortunately it doesn't look good for it returning next year so enjoy it while you can.

Munsu
Fri, 02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Life returned on Wednesday. Pretty good episode in my opinion.

animus
Thu, 03-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Really good episode tonight, more confusion.

animus
Fri, 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Munsu's probably still watching, but the most recent episode was just really good. The conspiracy is going crazy.

Assassin
Fri, 04-03-2009, 05:28 PM
ya sweet ep...i liked how they dont have roman in jail. i wonder how far up the FBI his influence goes.

Munsu
Sat, 04-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Munsu's probably still watching, but the most recent episode was just really good. The conspiracy is going crazy.
Well, I had fallen behind... just watched the lasted 4 or 5 episodes. Good stuff as always. Since the actress that plays Dani is pregnant, all of the FBI storyline seemed to be written to keep her off screen. That being so, I wonder how they manage a rescue operation if she's still alive and still hide the pregnancy.

animus
Sun, 04-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh, didn't know that. Found it a bit weird to have Gabrielle Union come in at an odd part in the season.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh, didn't know that. Found it a bit weird to have Gabrielle Union come in at an odd part in the season.
She's nice to have as a special guest star, particularly since she's so cute when she smiles.

I like the interplay with Crews that her character has. It's similar to what he has with Reese, but different enough for it not to feel like they just found someone to fill in for her. They make her out to be this super cop/lawyer/genius in the first episode she's in, but they've started to errode her confidence with each episode. She's real set in her methods (like Reese is), but Crews just out-weirds her and solves the case.

I was laughing when one of the characters said Crews could be Mayor, and how pissed she was the entire episode as a result of that.

It has definitely been one of the more well implemented ways to work around an actress' pregnancy.

animus
Sun, 04-05-2009, 10:24 AM
I liked that weird interaction about sexual fantasies between male and female partners. Though, it was a bit odd and kinda out of the blue. Was it from the sexual posters that caused her to say something like that?

Assassin
Mon, 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM
that was my impression. i loved how the expression on crews' face made it seem like he found the conversation really awkward, but really he just wasn't listening.

animus
Thu, 04-09-2009, 12:13 PM
The season finale was good, but it was quite confusing, and the ending was so weird.

Assassin
Thu, 04-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Dayyum! loved this ep. It was all plot advancement, and they answered everything in one fell swoop. It seems like this'll be the end of the show. They've wrapped up everything pretty nicely and there isn't too much to do from this point.....added to the fact that they didn't have great ratings to begin with, i dont suppose theres too much chance of a 3rd season.

Still, a great series. Definately one of my favorite cop shows.

animus
Thu, 04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I agree, but the end to Roman was just a O_o? for me. I didn't even realize he died. I thought he was just really irritated.

Munsu
Fri, 04-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Watched the series finale, great stuff. Too bad that they had to rush things to give us a conclusion, but at least the didn't leave us hanging and managed to put something worthwhile to give us some closure.

I'll say this, but I'm tempted to believe that Charlie Crews in this episode might've become my new Jack Bauer.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Garret Dillahunt has become one of my favorite tv show actors, hopefully he can land himself a new show in which he is the lead... though I see his main strength as being a good supporting actor.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 04-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I thought the finale was actually decent as apposed to shows NBC has screwed over in the past with with incomplete endings such as Vegas and Crossing Jordan. So although this is most likely the end I am satisfied. Too bad people don't like the shows on NBC, some of them have really nice writing and style.

Munsu
Fri, 04-10-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't think it has much to do with like or dislike... I still haven't seen anyone who has given Life a chance and not liked it. There's also an over-reliance with the Nielsen ratings, which is understandable since it's pretty much what they use to sale advertisement. I just wish they had a completely different system and a better revenue structure.

Munsu
Tue, 05-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Well, the show is now officially cancelled:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/breaking-nbc-ca.html

No surprises there... but this was quite a cool show. Hopefully Damien Lewis finds another good show.

animus
Tue, 05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Wow, that sucks. One of the few TV shows I even watched recently.

Xrlderek
Tue, 05-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Just finished watching the second season, pretty awesome show. As some of you have mentioned too, some of the conspiracy stuff didn't fit into the episodes they were put in, but most of it was done well. I'm a bit sad it got canceled, but at least it had a good ending.