PDA

View Full Version : Expectations: will Naruto ever live up to?

conquistaDan
Sun, 09-02-2007, 06:12 PM
After we all found out the great news that the 4th was in fact naruto's real dad, I was curious as to see what everyone thought about this.

Will naruto ever be even close to power and skill as his dad was?

my opinion:
even as Hokage he won't be as strong as his dad was. Or even close.

any thoughts?

Hikyuu
Sun, 09-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Any reason for your reasoning?
I feel that Naruto will surpass them due to the fact he can constantly use the mass kage bunshin to acquire knowledge quickly... Maybe he will become a great problem solver.. Or not no real knowing.
EDIT: Then there will be people who say Naruto's father isnt the 4th so surpassing his fatehr could be easier if he was immaculately conceived or who knows his dad was a bum?

masamuneehs
Sun, 09-02-2007, 06:37 PM
going on the premise that the 4th Hokage was Naruto's father...

I'd say that yes, Naruto will ultimately become Hokage. Furthermore, the crisis with Roots and Akatsuki nearly capturing all the Bijuu for their world domination plan create a very real threat to Konoha. It's not the same thing, but these threats, plus Orochibuto, put Konoha in about as much danger as they may have faced in the Great Wars.

Also, aside from sealing the Kyuubi and preventing it from destroying Konoha, what exactly did the Fourth Hokage ever do that was so great? Naruto may become as young a Hokage as he was. He's certainly doing well with jutsu, given his mass Kage Bunshin ability and his new Whirlwind attack, improved on the Fourth's Rasengan....

Besides, Naruto sorta saves Konoha from being destroyed by the Kyuubi if he can keep it under control, right?

animus
Sun, 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Excuse my stupidity and forgetfulness but who/what was Roots? I'm drawing a blank here.

Hikyuu
Sun, 09-02-2007, 06:52 PM
The group that Sai came from.. They randomly introduced it after the time skip I believe..

Assertn
Mon, 09-03-2007, 03:06 AM
That depends....

Who is Naruto's dad?

dsh1202
Mon, 09-03-2007, 03:15 AM
If naruto's dad is the fourth, i dont think he'll end up being nearly as strong, and i really dont see naruto becoming hokage. He's too "clueless" (srry i didnt know how to state it anyway else)

KCMmmmm
Mon, 09-03-2007, 03:27 AM
From my perspective, whther or not Naruto "lives up to" his father is irrelevant. Jiraiya stated that in attacking style and abilities, he more closely resembles his mother than his father (assumed to be the 4th). In other words, he's heading in a completely different direction technique-wise. I'm thinking that the 4th was more technique and strategy-heavy, wheras Naruto is a maximum output type. Either is good and bad, in their own way, but they are incomparable.

Unfortunately, Naruto severely lacks the ability to regulate control on the battlefield, and especially outside of it. When the primary job of the Hokage is to regulate ninja affairs on a day-to-day basis both with missions, and ensuring the constant protection of one of the biggest ninja villages, I'm wondering why Naruto is even interrested in the job. He should realize the amount of paperwork and deskwork he will be doing. After all, in their respective positions of Hokage, both Tsunade and the 3rd spent most of their "on screen" time behind a desk.

Clearly not the ideal job for our overexcited and amped hero.

Raven
Mon, 09-03-2007, 04:36 AM
That depends....

Who is Naruto's dad?
QFMFT. That's the question we must all ask ourselves.

Super5
Mon, 09-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Well, IF the fourth was naruto's dad, it's still too early to tell.

First, Naruto needs to invent a technique (or combination of techniques) that is more effective than the fourth's. That is a tall order, since the fourth could single-handedly win battles for Konoha. His fighting style was highly effective due to the yellow flash technique. All Naruto has right now is a technique that does almost as much damage to him as it does to the enemy (fuuton rasenshuriken). Until he gets something better, he can not surpass the fourth.

Also, his critical thinking and strategy on the battlefield need a lot of work before he can become hokage. The hokage needs to be responsible and wise, and Naruto is not. So he has a long way to go IMO.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 09-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I think that Naruto will definitely become strong. I dont know if he will ever be as good as the Fourth, or if he will become hokage. I am actually hoping to see Sakura become the 7th Hokage!

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
i still think people are overanalyzing the role of Hokage and not taking it for what it really is:
The main character's stated lifetime goal in a shounen anime.

In reality, Naruto would suck at it, and almost all the important decisions would have to be made be advisers (Shikamaru and Kakashi, that's you). But the show is about him winning recognition from people, which he does despite beign stone-stupid. I don't see why that wouldn't continue.

If he'll ever surpass the Fourth Hokage, or even a jounin like Kakashi, in OUR eyes is another story. Most people would say 'no', due to his idiocy. But I'm still banking on us getting a wildly different conclusion to the Naruto storyline.

Hikyuu
Mon, 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM
People grow up. 15 /16 or how ever old he is isn't the age where maturity really shines through. Give him a couple years and he will calm down like the rest of the world. But it is true that alot of his decisions will be made by advisers. He just gets to handle the paperwork.

Idealistic
Mon, 09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Being Hokage sure is a troublesome job... lol... Just think, after having fun being a regular ninja running around and stuff, you become Hokage and you get 24/7 homework.

Hmmm..... I think I'll continue fighting as a regular ninja.

Naruto is still young, I believe if we ever get to see him older, we will see a more mature side to him. Of course, he will still probably spy on girls like Jiraiya, but ultimately he will be a fine ninja who can finally come up with tactics and such.

*Enlighten*
Tue, 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I believe if the 4th is really naruto's pops that he will surpass him. Reason's being Naruto devolped his move that was incomplete the fuuton rasenshuriken, but at the same time it's really hard to say becuase naruto have great amount of chakra even without the ninetail's influence and at the same time we never really even saw the fourth even fight, the 4th wasn't a hokage for that long and we only working with assumptions. 4th only perform 3 moves in this whole series one in Kakashi garden when he did the lighting teleport jutsu to save Rin and Kakashi, Rasengan jutsu that Naruto learned, and the forbidden jutsu that's mention to be his final last jutsu he use to seal the ninetails in Naruto.

He is only 15 16 Naruto got plenty of time to enhance his abilites. it's is really hard to pin point if Naruto will surpass the 4th reason being we never really saw the 4th fight but yet again were just going on assumption but Naruto will surpass all of them because he has heart and he had fought a lot of villains’ at a young age that will bring him with a lot of exp.

Naruto got the mass clone jutsu by the way and he could learn lots of jutsu in a short time frame rather than taking years to develop

chet_chetty
Tue, 09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Naruto has practically already surpassed the 4th on a sheer power/ninjutsu level but is not even close when it comes to other traits a hokage should have ie leadership, patience, analytical ability, ingenuity, etc. I'm thinking and hoping Jiraiya's (highly possible) death will be that spark under Naruto's ass to get it together and start taking on those traits.

*Enlighten*
Tue, 09-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Naruto has practically already surpassed the 4th on a sheer power/ninjutsu level but is not even close when it comes to other traits a hokage should have ie leadership, patience, analytical ability, ingenuity, etc. I'm thinking and hoping Jiraiya's (highly possible) death will be that spark under Naruto's ass to get it together and start taking on those traits.

I agree that will ultimately change Naruto into serious and leadership role. That sucks that Jiraiya had to be sacrificed to bring out the real inner Naruto and to show the background of Pein and his plots. Jiraiya did mold Naruto for the time jump and was the 4th teacher, but i guess he played his role, just like like Shikamaru teacher(i forget his name). he and Jiraiya will greatly be missed

dsh1202
Tue, 09-04-2007, 07:34 PM
there is the chance that Jiraiya will survive, he is a sannin, he taught the fourth, itachi was even afraid of him. I think everybody is underestimating him. The chances are high that he might die, especially from the way he's been talking the last few chatpers. But i still believe that he stands a chance against pain. A good chance too.

Hikyuu
Tue, 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM
It isn't that they are underestimating him. It is that they recognize Kishimoto forshadowing his impending doom.

Yukimura
Tue, 09-04-2007, 11:58 PM
And remember Naruto fights aren't really about sheer power or chakra capacity unless Naruto is actually involved. Non-Naruto fights are generally settled by technique matchups and wits. If Pein has some crazy super jutsu that does something really weird that Jiraya has no counter for then Jiraya will probably die, but Jiraya has tons of experience and insight so it'd have to be something really out there for him to be at a loss for what to do.

dimitris127
Fri, 09-14-2007, 05:04 AM
I don't think jiraya should die...maybe get heavily wounded and then someone come to the rescue...anyway the 4 hogake had been konohas yellow flash right so in terms of speed naruto doesn't even match up to him but in terms of raw power naruto is better due to his chakra level...so you see in some terms naruto is better than the fourth but in other terms the fourth is a lot better...what i mean is that every ninja has his own weakness and powers

SilentSnake
Fri, 09-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Jiraiya should NOT die, but all sings on heaven and earth point that he will, sadly, we can do nothing about it.

Otherwise he wouldn't have survived all the jokes and boob talk with tsunade when they drank sake last time.

as for naruto surpassing 4th -> he will, he is kind of destined to achieve it and become the strongest hokage ever (I say strongest cause I doubt anyone would call him the brightest :P ).

joker-kun
Fri, 09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Go read the latest chapter, it's confirmed that the 4th is Naruto's dad. So finally no more dumbass replies in any thread.

Anyway I think that eventually yes Naruto will surpass the 4th, maybe not in every area but definately in some.