PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 27

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-30-2007, 05:36 PM
NarutoBuzz - Shippuuden - Episode 27 - xvid (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=25724&name=%5BNB%5DNaruto_Shippuuden_27%5BXvid%5D%5BFB8B 8CC4%5D.avi.torrent)

AnimeSoft- Naruto Shippuuden - Episode 27 (http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=25733&name=%5BANIMESOFTSUBS%5D%20Naruto%20Shippuuden%202 7%20English%20Subs%20and%20VID.torrent)

Flomp Fansubs - Naruto Shippuuden - Episode 27 (http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1880)

Dattebayo - Naruto Shippuuden - Episode 27 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns027.torrent)

February
Thu, 08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
This ep was good and all but i dislike how they cut off the scene at the end. If they are going to show Kakashi watch the spoilers, they should show the viewers him doing something with it....such a waste of a good moment by dividing it into two episodes =(
I seriously had an OMFG heart attack moment when I read it...but that excitement just seems gone now in the anime

and sasori is still a badass. he will be my favorite villian of all time

Yukimura
Thu, 08-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Naruto Shippuden - 27 - [DB] (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns027.torrent)

itadakimasu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 11:03 PM
february: you're right. a double ep would have been awesome ;)

i was surprised that they stretched out the sasori fight through the entire episode again. it had several great parts but im glad its finally concluded.

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
This was a nice episode, I thought it was a fitting conclusion.

Crash
Thu, 08-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Good episode and a nice end to the fight, though i could have done without seeing sasori hug himself with his parent puppets multiple times again. Revisiting all those parts of his backstory really wasn't necessary, i'd rather they started a bit of the next fight instead. Should be interesting to see what if anything Sakura learns from Sasori's spy, i'm guessing it's the information that leads them to the events we saw in the very first episode.

To top it all off, kakashi should make the upcoming battle very bad ass and i'm really looking forward to it now. Hopefully Naruto will do something that doesn't involve being a complete moron as well. Too bad we're going to have to suffer through another saga of the "Clone Wars" before we get to see any of it though :(

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-31-2007, 12:32 AM
terrible way to end an episode... it so should have been a double, especially since I believe there's no episode next week...

but the episode itself was actually pretty good. Not action packed, but I LOVE Chiyo and there was just such an emotional element to the climax of this fight. I really think that Sasori somehow has a sense of regret towards the very end, even if he isn't supposed to have any feelings after turning into a puppet.

I also really like the storyline twist, that Sasori, being Orochimaru's old partner, planted a spy in the Sound Village. An awesome way to connect all of what's happened in Shippuuden so far with the final Naruto storyline (getting Sasuke back to Konoha)

Board of Command
Fri, 08-31-2007, 12:42 AM
Imagine how long the Deidara fight will be. He'll have no limbs left by the time it's over.

Oh man.........

Idealistic
Fri, 08-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I seriously had an OMFG heart attack moment when I read it...but that excitement just seems gone now in the anime

That's because the way they did it in the anime was pretty dull.

Naruto: That's what we were waiting for Kakashi?
Kakashi: That's right, my new Sharingan.

Didn't show any emphasis or anything. it would have been better if they simply had Kakashi say "I'm ready Naruto" and then open his eye and then end it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-31-2007, 02:11 AM
What...the...fuck?

How...how can he even have that? He doesn't even HAVE any friends to kill!

I don't know how Chiyo survived. Wasn't she also poisoned? Shouldn't she be dying of poison now?

Also, going "Oh, I've got a super technique that brings people back to life but kills me" and then going "Oh but I'm not gonna die" kinda undercuts the coolness of the technique. You might as well just call it the "Heal everything but death with no cost" technique.

So glad that battles over though.

Onto the Mangekyou Sharingan that I don't understand!

Kraco
Fri, 08-31-2007, 03:14 AM
What...the...fuck?

How...how can he even have that? He doesn't even HAVE any friends to kill!
How does killing a friend magically grant you a new ability? If there's any logic behind that requirement, then it would be to first feel like shit because you killed a friend just to get more power, and consequently, if you survive that miserable feeling, you would become desensitized: No price is too high for power. That, I suppose, could be the key. Yet, things like that doesn't sound very exact to me, and I've always thought such a bizarre requirement should be possible to bypass with time and arduous research.

Besides, was it even Mangekyou sharingan? Or something else?

I don't know how Chiyo survived. Wasn't she also poisoned? Shouldn't she be dying of poison now?

Also, going "Oh, I've got a super technique that brings people back to life but kills me" and then going "Oh but I'm not gonna die" kinda undercuts the coolness of the technique. You might as well just call it the "Heal everything but death with no cost" technique.

She just said Sakura wasn't dead, only injured. So, it makes sense it won't necessarily take all of the geezer's life to revive her somewhat. Besides, Sakura already healed herself somewhat before that, as well.

And the poison takes days to kill. And it's somewhat likely Chiyo has a higher tolerance for poisons than regular people. She has probably eaten them voluntarily all her life to build up resistance.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 08-31-2007, 05:17 AM
I don't think Kakashi's new sharingan in the mangekyou.. it looks different...
Besides... Kakashi told Itachi's clone-thingy that the mangekyou screws up your eyesight. I don't see Kakashi resorting to that.

If you type mangekyou sharingan in google, the fist thing you'll see is Itachi's mangekyou.. it's totally different. I didn't use the image search, b/c possible spoilers.. just the regular search should show the images.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-31-2007, 08:52 AM
Nice episode.
Some little more of Sasori's past before his death was nice. So he really didn't know his parents were dead... I guess when he found out he must have begun his plan to leave or whatever.

Sharingan = cheap.

Yukimura
Fri, 08-31-2007, 10:17 AM
All the Sasori backstory rehashing really underwhelmed me, mainly since we'd seen so much of it before, but the death scene was done well, and Sakura got to writhe in pain so it wasn't a totally boring episode. To be fair though, I can't really hate Sakura as much anymore since she's clearly no longer useless baggage. Her movements and techniques are actually befitting of a ninja as opposed to the lackluster fighting skills she displayed in Part 1 the few times she actually engaged in combat.

Tacking on Kakashi's new Sharingan at the end of the ep seemed like they were trying to create anticipation, but then the entire preview was all about the stupid clone fights and it evaporated. It's probably going to be the same filler writers writing the script for the clone fights anyway so I think we can expect some really corny lines as Team Gai magically discovers a way to beat their previously unbeatable opponents.

Penner
Fri, 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Not really good, but not really bad either...pretty average ep.

redcat
Fri, 08-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I hope sasori was just bluffing when he said he aimed for sakuras vital spot

im pretty sure he was aiming for chiyo

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
I hope sasori was just bluffing when he said he aimed for sakuras vital spot

im pretty sure he was aiming for chiyo

i completley agree. that part made me raise an eyebrow, since in the end of the previous episode it's clear he's attaching Chiyo, and Sakura barely gets there in time. He might have hit her in a nasty spot, and may have redirected his attack slightly when he saw she'd interfere, but I think he was talking some shit there.

Kakashi's "new sharingan..." I dunno. they never explained how he could have the Sharingan in the first place, although his scar and the fact that he isn't an Uchiha and wasn't able to fully control it at first suggests it was transplanted into him.

But that shouldn't give him all the bloodline abilities, right? I mean, even if you have the eye, you don't have the blood.... Otherwise Orochimaru wouldn't be waiting three years to take Sasuke's body, he'd just pop the eyes out and put them in some test-tube thing.

On the other hand, the conversation with 'meat puppet Itachi' and Kakashi suggested that Kakashi had learned more about Mangekyou Sharingan. Itachi looked shocked when Kakashi mentioned that Itachi's eyesight might be worse. Even Itachi's line might have been set up to hint towards Kakashi now having Mangekyou.

Well, that's all I got. Chew it over, but I suppose we'll just have to wait until next episode to see for sure what exactly he's got up his sleeve.

uhicha neji
Fri, 08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
I bet in the next episode we'll get to see how exactly Kakashi got his MS. That'd be a filler sequence I'd love to see :D

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-31-2007, 02:09 PM
How does killing a friend magically grant you a new ability? If there's any logic behind that requirement, then it would be to first feel like shit because you killed a friend just to get more power, and consequently, if you survive that miserable feeling, you would become desensitized: No price is too high for power. That, I suppose, could be the key. Yet, things like that doesn't sound very exact to me, and I've always thought such a bizarre requirement should be possible to bypass with time and arduous research.Well, I don't actually know. All I know is they've said like 3 times in the series now that to get Mangekyou Sharingan you have to kill your best friend. So until they say otherwise I'm going to just take their word for it.

Besides, was it even Mangekyou sharingan? Or something else?I...hmm, now that you mention it, it does look a bit funny. Anyone want to post pictures of both?

Penner
Fri, 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM
Well im bored so..
Kakashi's Sharingan
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2918/kakashiml0.jpg

Itachi's Sharingan
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8480/itachiod4.png

There certainly is some difference but there are similarities aswell...
Makes me think, does all sharingans/mangekyo sharingans look identical or can they vary from person to person?
Also, maybe its different simply because Kakashi isnt the original owner or because he isnt an Uchiha.. some1 pop in with some more ideas plz :P

Assertn
Fri, 08-31-2007, 03:47 PM
If it's MS, then it would put the interpretation of kakashi's whole conversation with itachi up in the air, wouldn't it?

For example:

Kakashi: <lists flaws with MS>
Itachi: How perceptive of you, I'm impressed.
Kakashi: Itachi....how bad has your eyesight gotten?
Itachi: Kakashi....you couldn't have..... (obtained MS OR realized I'm going blind)

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-31-2007, 04:03 PM
maybe they look different because of the way the obtained it
itachi killed everyone he "loved" etc.
and...well, i can't believe kakashi did the same....

and does kakashi really has to focus for like 30 minutes to get the mangekyo?

or maybe it has to do something with the jutsus someone can use.... since Kakashi is good at using nin-jutsu (if i remember correctly, kakashi trained his speed at forming seals) he might got the "nin-jutsu" version of the sharingan, while itachi has got the gen-jutsu version ^^

edit: btw sasori is cool... he even dies in such a cool way... i liked the way he stopped speaking :/ like a malfunctioning robot
i m so sad that he died.. since he was/is one of the coolest characters i ve seen in animes so far :/
the background music after his death was nice too :P

but i have a question.... what are these drawnings on the ground? looks like a summoning circle, but what did chiyo summon? dont tell me it was the father / mother puppet again

Idealistic
Fri, 08-31-2007, 04:24 PM
If you look at the differences, It does seem like maybe Kakashi's MS isn't fully developed yet or something.

It looks like the design can still spin and slowly morph into Itachi's if you get what I mean. (for example, when Sasuke developed his 3rd toma, the design spun and the 3rd toma formed in.)

Or I could simply be wrong and everyone's MS is different.

@Krazy, I'd say Kakashi does have to focus for some time... Because he doesn't have Uchiha blood and he has really low chakra. Just an assumption though.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
One thing that's more obvious from the pics is that Kakashi's eyes definitely look less stressed compared to Itachi's. Itachi's looks like his eye's just gonna crack. But that might just be from the degree of use each person's had. Kakashi's new, or 2yrs max, whereas Itachi's had his for 10+ years. I like the genjutsu/ninjutsu explanation. Just have to wait for an explanation on Itachi's black flame technique now. You need Mangekyo Sharingan for that jutsu, and it's certainly now genjutsu.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 08-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Ahh, finally I'm vindicated! I remember saying that I think Kakashi had obtained the MS back when he spoke to "meat clone" Itachi, but I think I was the only one arguing that point. Man, it feels so good to be right :D.

Anyway, back on topic. I think we defintely need to know how Kakashi has obtained his MS, and why it looks the way it does. It could be that different people have different kinds of MS. It sounds more reasonable than say Kakashi having an underdeveloped MS, since he shouldn't be able to use it in battle unless it is fully activated.

As for the lack of Chakra, we know that Kakashi is able to release his internal gates. I think if Kakashi was really in a desperate fix, he would release his gates to get a massive chakra boost and instantly use his MS. Of course the downside is he could die/get really badly injured. At any rate, if he needs extra chakra in a fight he could open at least a couple of gates.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks for those pics Penner.

Hmm, now that I see them together, they're clearly different shapes.

Which makes it odd that everyone else still seems to be insisting that Kakashi's is the Mangekyou.

I mean, looking at it I don't think thats the case. Unless the animators just fucked up drawing it this time.

So if Kakashi has found a new upgrade to the Sharingan that doesn't require killing your friend, then Sasuke has something he could learn now too.

Crash
Fri, 08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
I can't imagine that the appearance of MSharingan would vary like that between users. The normal sharingan looks the same on everyone so it's fair to assume any more powerful versions would as well. I think it's very possible Kakashi has found/created a completely different kind of Sharingan.

As for obtaining the MSharingan, i've always found it a bit odd that people take what Itatchi said to heart. The way i saw it was that not only was he provoking his brother to come after him someday, but also trying to torment him by making him believe the only way he could ever gain enough strength to defeat him was to become him. Could it be true? Sure anything could, but all we have backing it up are some cruel words from itatchi who very possibly could have had ulterior motives in saying it. It's not as if it was read from some secret scroll of the Uchiha clan, so there is no really solid reason to believe that is the only way of obtaining it or that him killing his best friend had anything at all to do with it. He said he killed his entire clan just to see what he was capable of, maybe killing his best friend was just the first thing he tried before seeing if he could kill off his family.

masamuneehs
Sat, 09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
or perhaps the way the Mangekyou Sharingan manifests in people depends on the way they first obtain it? (ie. killing their best friend, or whatever Kakashi has discovered)

still, that's saying that Kakashi actually has the Mangekyou Sharingan, and not some other kind of upgrade to it. Then again, the conversation with him and Itachi's clone...

Kakashi's Sharingan has always been the biggest "where the fuck did that come from?" question mark of the series for me. And now it's even more so.

Penner
Sat, 09-01-2007, 06:34 AM
When i first saw Kakashi's new sharingan i didn't even think it was the MS because it looked different so i immediately thought "oooh a 3rd sharingan type!", it was only some time afterwards i started thinking maybe it just looks different because its not an Uchiha using it or the way he managed to unlock/aquire it..

I WANT it to be a 3rd new kind of sharingan but tbh its more likely its the Mangekyo just with a bit different look to it :(...still, i'll keep hoping its some new fancy version ^^
------------------
Edit
------------------
ooh just tought, maybe it's MS but a less powerful version of it? it might vary in looks depending on how powerful it is, since Kakashi doesnt have the blood of an Uchiha it might be (slightly?) weaker than an actual Uchihas MS and thus look a bit different...thoughts? ;)

Rasiel
Sat, 09-01-2007, 07:23 AM
Well I don't clearly remember it, but isn't Kakashis sharingan the one Itachi had before he obtained Mangekiou?

mage
Sat, 09-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Well I don't clearly remember it, but isn't Kakashis sharingan the one Itachi had before he obtained Mangekiou?
i have no clue what you're talking about, but.. no.

ASSpirine
Sat, 09-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Maybe his non-sharingan blood had some effect on his sharingan. Who knows, since it's a bloodline limited thing, it could have easily changed to it's new owner. An evolution as you might, we alle know that at some point in history, the Sharingan was a new evolution of the Byakugan. And in other circumstances, things might adapt themselves.

Maybe it's a small evolution from the sharingan that would only be possible in other bodies. Because the needs of the sharingan couldn't be fulfilled in a non-sharingan body it adapted itself in a new enviroment. And that could explain the difference in sharingan.

maybe a bit far fetched

ForteCross
Sat, 09-01-2007, 11:16 AM
my only question is, if it is MS, how the heck would it help him in a long range battle? to use MS you need to look straight to the eyes, and its pretty hard to do in long range, so i would say its a different kind of sharingang that would help kakashi in this case...

mage
Sat, 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
my only question is, if it is MS, how the heck would it help him in a long range battle? to use MS you need to look straight to the eyes, and its pretty hard to do in long range, so i would say its a different kind of sharingang that would help kakashi in this case...
that's only to use its genjutsu. i'm pretty sure Itachi didnt look into Jiraiya's eyes when he used amaterasu on his frog wall.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-02-2007, 01:59 AM
So it looks different than MS, was probably obtained differently than MS, and might have totally different powers than MS...

...wouldn't all that make it NOT MS?

"Hey, I have this completely different power, but I think I'll call it the same thing as that other power that other guy has, just to start arguments!"

Hikyuu
Sun, 09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Perhaps it is just different like how people have different eye color.. I believe Sasuke's sharingan is slightly different then Itachi's... and now Kakashi's MS is different the Itachi's..

masamuneehs
Sun, 09-02-2007, 01:44 PM
on the episode itself...

I'm still confused as to the part where Chiyo remarks that 'Sasori left himself open'... implying that he wanted to die after all, despite his words to the contrary. Was she referring to when he jumped back to attack Sakura and wound up ensared in the puppet's immobilization jutsu (the pattern on the floor) and then was stabbed? I thought that was a bit unnecessary as well, but if he did that knowing it'd be his downfall, it's more than just leaving himself open... it's downright suicidal...

I suppose, as he said himself, that somehow he was still part human and that part of him desired to die... A very strange character. I liked him more before they included this possibility of him letting himself get beaten, as I think it is a sudden contradiction to everything he stood for right up until that moment, and it's hardly reconcilable with everything else he does.

redcat
Sun, 09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm still confused as to the part where Chiyo remarks that 'Sasori left himself open'...
this raised an eyebrow with me as well. seems like the writers were trying too hard with this episode. overall id say the content of the ep was really bad, but the progression in it more than made up for it.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I agree.

It's like "okay, now that this really cool badguy is dead, right before we move on, we're gonna say something thats gonna make him seem really cliche"

illfated
Sun, 09-02-2007, 08:04 PM
on the episode itself...

I'm still confused as to the part where Chiyo remarks that 'Sasori left himself open'... implying that he wanted to die after all, despite his words to the contrary. Was she referring to when he jumped back to attack Sakura and wound up ensared in the puppet's immobilization jutsu (the pattern on the floor) and then was stabbed? I thought that was a bit unnecessary as well, but if he did that knowing it'd be his downfall, it's more than just leaving himself open... it's downright suicidal...

I suppose, as he said himself, that somehow he was still part human and that part of him desired to die... A very strange character. I liked him more before they included this possibility of him letting himself get beaten, as I think it is a sudden contradiction to everything he stood for right up until that moment, and it's hardly reconcilable with everything else he does.

Not to mention he had no idea what happened until he saw his mom and pa puppets beside him. He says "wh-what?" Maybe granny is just trying to comfort herself since she did kill her grandson. She's just trying to play it off as suicide!

Turkish-S
Mon, 09-03-2007, 04:49 PM
How does killing a friend magically grant you a new ability? If there's any logic behind that requirement, then it would be to first feel like shit because you killed a friend just to get more power,

Ow my god... did you forget how goku became a super saiyan.

Lucidusveneratio
Mon, 09-03-2007, 05:46 PM
I think that since we haven't seen Itachi and Kakashi use identical Mangekyou sharingan techniques, that there is the possibility that the sharingan changes appearance depending on which of the Mangekyou required jutsus are used. Itachi's MS has only been seen when using Tsukiyomi, and we haven't seen it while using Amaterasu (black flames jutsu he uses to escape Jiraiya's toad). If Kakashi ever uses Tsukiyomi, we can prove or disprove this depending on if his eye takes on Itachi's MS appearance.

As to how he acquired the MS, Kakashi could have "hacked" it by studying his sharingan and remembering how Itachi's sharingan acted. Kakashi already has the sharingan prerequisite, so he could easily just fiddle around with it and figure out a loophole. Or Kakashi could have met the requirement for his intense guilt at the fact that his best friend died to save him.

Try not to mention things not yet covered in the anime, as they do qualify as unknown spoilers for the anime-only folks. Thanks.

February
Tue, 09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
How does killing a friend magically grant you a new ability? If there's any logic behind that requirement, then it would be to first feel like shit because you killed a friend just to get more power, and consequently, if you survive that miserable feeling, you would become desensitized:

Yeah, I dont understand the logic behind it either, people have been saying that the guilt creates some sort of mental trauma which affects your bloodline ability?
Even so, if you killed your family member, wouldnt it serve the same effect? Since I would be just as horrified to kill my parents as it is to kill my best friend and same weight in guilt.
This requirement is unreasonably unrealistic :mad:

Hiroshi01
Wed, 09-05-2007, 03:21 AM
kakashi did learn the mangekyo sharigan but it's his own version and remember they call him the "copy ninja"

ASSpirine
Wed, 09-05-2007, 06:36 AM
kakashi did learn the mangekyo sharigan but it's his own version and remember they call him the "copy ninja"

He can copy jutsus, the Mangekyou Sharingan is not a jutsu. It's an eyeborn power you could say. You can't just obtain sharingan by copying it, but by stealing the secret. And that happens with dissecting the body or some sorts. (The Hyuga story ;) )

Hikyuu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Kakashi earlier on in the series-- waaaay back when-- says he cannot copy blood-line limits. An example of this is The Sharingan and MS.. so I am pretty sure he obtained it through some sort of endeavor and not copying

Idealistic
Wed, 09-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Kakashi earlier on in the series-- waaaay back when-- says he cannot copy blood-line limits. An example of this is The Sharingan and MS.. so I am pretty sure he obtained it through some sort of endeavor and not copying

MS isn't a bloodline. It is a jutsu learned from having the Sharingan(The Sharingan is the bloodline, not MS.).

I'm sure Sharingan users can crack into how MS works.

Hikyuu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 08:21 AM
An eye isn't a computer. Besides MS is an extenstion of the sharingan. To me, it is the fullest potential of it. Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu are the Jutsu's which can be used once it is activated. So, in turn. the M.S. is just an extension of the bloodline's ability.

Assertn
Wed, 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm sure Sharingan users can crack into how MS works.
Tell that to the entire village of sharingan users that fell to Itachi's MS!

Also, Sasuke had a sharingan when Itachi used MS on him...

Idealistic
Wed, 09-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Tell that to the entire village of sharingan users that fell to Itachi's MS!

Also, Sasuke had a sharingan when Itachi used MS on him...

Well... They died, Kakashi didn't.

My only argument against why Sasuke doesn't have MS too is that Sasuke probably didn't focus on how to obtain the MS. He must have believed the only way to obtain it was to kill your best friend and so he wanted power another way.

Kakashi has never heard the requirements of how to obtain MS (At least I don't think he has) so some time during the 3-year timeskip he focused on how MS is obtained.

Kraco
Wed, 09-05-2007, 11:32 AM
From a logical point of view nothing proves MS cannot be obtained by other means. The "kill your best friend" way was from the ancient scroll. It's pretty safe to assume some ancient Uchiha got it that way, but that doesn't prove there are no other ways to obtain it. That just happened to be the way that was recorded. Especially when that particular way makes so little logical sense. Itachi was the kind of a person who wouldn't hesitate to kill a friend, so he had no reason to look for other ways.

Hikyuu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
It seems logical to me. I kill my best friend. I am so shocked that my eyes go wide, along with my pupils, and they ,in turn, open up meeting the weird commas that are floating around my iris giving me magical powers. Yay.

Idealistic
Wed, 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM
It seems logical to me. I kill my best friend. I am so shocked that my eyes go wide, along with my pupils, and they ,in turn, open up meeting the weird commas that are floating around my iris giving me magical powers. Yay.

Usually if you can kill someone so close to you so easily with no emotions, you are already mentally messed up and therefore wouldn't feel "shocked" that you killed your own friend.

Hikyuu
Wed, 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Nah.. the traumatizing part is right after..( personal experience)

Idealistic
Wed, 09-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Nah.. the traumatizing part is right after..( personal experience)

Itachi must have pulled a Anakin.... "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"... *couple seconds later*... "MUAHAHAHA I PWN NOW!"

animus
Thu, 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe if he smokes enough cannabis, his eyes will dilate so much, he'll end up producing a Byakugan?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
I heard iff you want weed in the Naruto universe you have to holler at the hidden village of Grass. Swing.

dimitris127
Sat, 09-08-2007, 01:14 PM
what's the problem with sharingan user's having different MS...so what maybe they don't have the same powers maybe kakashi cannot use the black moon or white sun or whatever itachi's techniques are named and kakashi has his own...anyway we are gonna find out soon enough i believe

Harima Kenji
Sun, 09-09-2007, 04:53 AM
Rewatching this ep made it very clear to me what is going to happen to Gaara...
If Chiyo's technique can make puppets alive, then Gaara would be no problem. Since she has about 3 days before she dies, she'll resurrect Gaara with the technique.
maybe everyone figured this out already..but maybe I forgot about a small detail and someone can prove me wrong.

ASSpirine
Sun, 09-09-2007, 06:07 AM
By the way, we didn't really spoke about the spy that Sasori has put in the sound village... The only "eployee" I can think of that works for Oro is Kabuto...

So, here goes the speculations again...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Er....Orochimaru runs the entire Sound village.

He has like, dozens of ninja under his command, we saw them during the Konoha Crush.

There's plenty of places you could inject a spy.

Rewatching this ep made it very clear to me what is going to happen to Gaara...
If Chiyo's technique can make puppets alive, then Gaara would be no problem. Since she has about 3 days before she dies, she'll resurrect Gaara with the technique.
maybe everyone figured this out already..but maybe I forgot about a small detail and someone can prove me wrong.Oh yeah, now that you point it out, yeah, thats probably whats going to happen. Now it makes sense why they even had the "heres a technique that will kill me but it didn't kill me this time" as simply a way on introducing it now for when she uses it later.

Kraco
Mon, 09-10-2007, 05:53 AM
What will Gaara be like without the demon inside him? Can he even use sand anymore? Since his major techniques relied on sand, he might be quite a mediocre ninja without it.

Crash
Mon, 09-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Yeah it'll be interesting to see how they portray him without the One Tail inside him should they bring him back, which now that it's been pointed out seems very likely. Logic says that he should be near useless. After all as far as we know he's had little if any traditional ninja training. Maybe some chakra control training but that seems to be about it. There is no way they would have put him in a traditional class with the other ninja and i can't imagine any one would have survived training him anyway. Training usually involves being disciplined, and disciplining Gaara would have likely resulted in death. It seems like they probably said "Here's a monster, here's how you control chakra, now try to kill things that aren't us as often as possible." Who knows though, maybe he did some training over the last 3 years as well.

Munsu
Mon, 09-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Well, I don't actually know. All I know is they've said like 3 times in the series now that to get Mangekyou Sharingan you have to kill your best friend. So until they say otherwise I'm going to just take their word for it.
I...hmm, now that you mention it, it does look a bit funny. Anyone want to post pictures of both?

We only heard it from one source, Itachi, who's pretty much disturbingly insane... how reliable can any information he gives be?

masamuneehs
Mon, 09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Gaara should stay dead. I'm getting real sick of them using some crazy Medical Deus ex Machina no Jutsu to keep any protagonist under the age of 60 alive after what is surely a fatal fight...

I don't care if he's Bijuu Butt Buddies with Naruto, bringing him back would just deflate what little drama this arc has had so far outside of three or so decently animated fight sequences.

Besides, Chiyo already used a bit of her life to save Sakura. Sakura wasn't fully dead, but Chiyo giving her her life energy to prevent her from dying shouldn't leave her with enough energy to bring Gaara fully back. He'd be like a zombie or need to sleep twelve hours a day with not a full energy tank... I can't imagine that Chiyo's wrinkly old body has enough life in it for two young people... If she does bring Gaara back, I'd like to see him just drop dead a year or two later, and people be like, "Yeah, he had half of a 90+ year old woman as his life energy, what did you expect?"

but then again... it does sound perfectly akin to some of the lame stuff they tend to throw into shounen series...

Assertn
Mon, 09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Gaara should not be able to control sand without shukaku, otherwise other sand ninja would be doing it. Also, it was stated (although subtly), earlier in the Sasori fight that the 3rd Kazekage's iron sand attacks were imitated off of a previous shukaku jinchuurriki, which suggests that sand control has always been a unique ability passed between that line of jinchuurriki.

At the very least, he definitely should not have the automatic self-defense.

Munsu
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Well it's not like he controled sand, he controled the sand that was mixed with the jinchuuriki... it was pretty much a part of him. That's not to say that they won't have jutsus that use sand, but it's like he'd be able to control sand like we've seen him. We'll probably see him control sand much like someone from the rain village controls water and how the Uchija has their Katon jutsus. Not a given, but there's surely a way.

But as Assertn said, he wont have the automatic self-defense. That sand had a mind of its own because of the demon. The real question is, how strong or weak will he be, and if he'd still be considered Kazekage with the current strength he'd have.

Kraco
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I doubt he would want to continue as Kazekage. He wouldn't really be able to protect the village that effectively anymore. It's not like he was the ruler because of his experience or any exceptional wits in the first place, I think. Kazekage is probably supposed to be a ninja of formidable proficiency, and Gaara wouldn't be that anymore without the beast inside him. So, even if the others wanted him to continue, I'm not sure he would agree himself.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Gaara should not be able to control sand without shukaku, otherwise other sand ninja would be doing it.That doesn't quite make sense. I mean, Konoha is the Leaf village and how many ninjas have we seen using leaf-related techniques.

I suspect that Gaara is going to suck for a long time. Then there will be a time skip, and after that skip Gaara will be a badass again. Maybe a badass with different powers. Maybe not. I mean, who's to say Gaara didn't learn something from Shukaku while being bonded with him his whole life. I mean, just because he never had to control sand himself doesn't mean that he didn't learn how. He'd just have to do it with alot less chakra now.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
By saying that you are implying that there is someone now who will be more proficient than him in the Sand. No candidates some to mind.

Assertn
Mon, 09-10-2007, 04:29 PM
That doesn't quite make sense. I mean, Konoha is the Leaf village and how many ninjas have we seen using leaf-related techniques.

Hardly any...actually...
Even as far as jutsus that involve trees, wood, plants, etc...only the 1st hokage has ever known such techniques.

Unless you count lee's spinning kick as a leaf-related technique.

People from Gaara's village would run in fear of Gaara's sand, as it stretches out to consume them. I haven't seen a single offensive or defensive sand jutsu that wasn't performed by Gaara.

the_small_guy
Mon, 09-10-2007, 05:24 PM
but in all fairness the one thing the sand village always had against garaa is the fact he had shukaku inside of him, without that, yes he prob would be a lot less effective in the form of protection of the sand village, but the village itself wouldnt feel afraid of him anymore
and after they all witnessed how garaa put his life down to save them maybe they will have a new found respect for garaa.
still if garaa fails maybe kankuro can take over? lol he seems to be the only other half decent one from the sand village

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Hardly any...actually...
Even as far as jutsus that involve trees, wood, plants, etc...only the 1st hokage has ever known such techniques.Wait, thats what I was trying to say.

I think I was agreeing while actually sounding like I was dissagreeing.

What I was saying was that, only a couple of people in Konoha have any "leaf" skills. The whole village doesn't practice them just because it's the leaf village. Similarly, they live in the Country of Fire and only like Sasuke and Kakashi ever use Fire attacks.

While on the other hand, you have the Sand village in the Country of Wind. I was dissagreeing with the idea that if someone could do sand attacks without Shukaku that everyone in the village would use sand attacks. But that's not the case. I mean, we've only ever seen 3 Sand ninjas in battle, and the other two are specialists in other things, a puppet master and a wind attack master.

I'm saying there are probably plenty of Sand ninjas that know sand attacks, we just haven't seen them because we've only seen a couple Sand ninjas ever.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Only ever seen one sand technique that's not Gaara's:

Sasori's Sand clone to evade Kankuro's Black Secret Technique

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-12-2007, 03:37 AM
I seem to recall Garaa's teacher using some technique to kill the coughing guy...but I can't remember what it was now.

EDIT: Nevermind, that was a wind thing.

ASSpirine
Wed, 09-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I seem to recall Garaa's teacher using some technique to kill the coughing guy...but I can't remember what it was now.

EDIT: Nevermind, that was a wind thing.

I thought Gaara killed him...

nvm, it was Baki :P

Er....Orochimaru runs the entire Sound village.

He has like, dozens of ninja under his command, we saw them during the Konoha Crush.

There's plenty of places you could inject a spy.

The only sound nins I saw where the sound four and Kimimaro. The name sound "village" is a bit deceiving because it's just 1 building...

deadlydreamx
Wed, 09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
yep its tru.. guess people dnt rmember terras old comic strips...

DeathscytheVII
Thu, 09-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Maybe they'll actually have Gaara do ninja things, like jumping, kicking, shuriken throwing and sword slicing hehe instead of standing there with his arms crossed all the time. That would be interesting to see. Of course, I'm pretty sure that they'll somehow have Gaara become a total badass still, he did say the former Kazekage taught him all the secrets of the shinobi at a young age.

ASSpirine
Thu, 09-13-2007, 05:08 AM
yep its tru.. guess people dnt rmember terras old comic strips...

I thought of it too :p
He even made a joke about the "village" part

But seriously, when did they ever show more of the sound village then the mainsion of Oro...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-13-2007, 05:59 AM
The only sound nins I saw where the sound four and Kimimaro. The name sound "village" is a bit deceiving because it's just 1 building...
When the Sand and Sound villages both attack Konoha, there were dozens of "generic" Sound ninjas with that gray camoflage and generic ninja hoods fighting various people around the village.

Ciberclaw
Thu, 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
When the Sand and Sound villages both attack Konoha, there were dozens of "generic" Sound ninjas with that gray camoflage and generic ninja hoods fighting various people around the village.

Not only that, but also the two guys that tagged with Kabuto during the Chuunin Exam (masked dude with chakra sucking palms that got owned by Sasuke's Shishin Rendan)

and if we keep in mind the flashbacks of Orochimaru aquiring his previous body, there are several dozens of prisioners, its safe to assume Orochimaru and Kabuto or the Sound 5 aren't feeding/guarding those people, there must at least be a supporting village/farm for supply purposes.