PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Munsu
Thu, 06-23-2005, 03:08 AM
I think a big thread that talks about the manga is better than having individual chapter threads

anyways, chapter 370 was released by null

http://www.thelurker.net/ for irc users...

Masamune
Thu, 06-23-2005, 03:47 AM
cool to see sanji using his hands too in a fight

Deblas
Thu, 06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Ramen guy getting dizzy cause of Sanji's eyebrows. Hilarious i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Munsu
Thu, 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM
That ramen guy sucks ass, i hope Sanji hurry-ups and finishes him off, it's one of the worst character introduced yet...

tensai
Thu, 06-23-2005, 11:06 PM
the ramen guy does suck, but because of him, sanji is finally using his hands during a fight

i hope this guy gets sliced into pieces quickly

i think that usopp will be able to persuade robin back to the strawhats and usopp will follow along too

Munsu
Thu, 06-23-2005, 11:17 PM
Usopp will indeed join back with the crew, but I doubt that Robin will be persuaded by Usopp, I think she in her mind already knows she wants to be with them, but it will take Luffy to get her back...

kAi
Sat, 07-02-2005, 10:28 PM
371 by #null @ irc.irchighway.net is out.

Tofu #2
Sun, 07-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Captain T-Bone is all heart.

tensai
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:19 PM
zoro looked hella weird in one of the sections

zoro said that t-bone was really strong, but he was defeated hella easily, was he referring to his will to uphold justice or something?

Deblas
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:32 PM
I kind of felt bad for T-bone. Saying he had to do it for justice and for the people and whatnots. But really, no one cares about the marines so I let it slide.

Munsu
Mon, 07-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by: tensai
zoro looked hella weird in one of the sections

zoro said that t-bone was really strong, but he was defeated hella easily, was he referring to his will to uphold justice or something?

No, it's simply showing how strong Zoro is... and how he isn't really aware of his current strength...

This chapter was pretty boring, the most boring of the latest ones, i hope the next chapter is as good as the others since im really diggin' this arc

Munsu
Tue, 07-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Chapter 372 is out by N-U-L-L

thelurker.com for irc bots

Deblas
Tue, 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Geez, a centaur form? How the hell did Franky do this to himself?

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 01:17 AM
With his hands most probably... I bet he used a screw driver... crazy guy that Franky

BTW, Sanji is fucked

tensai
Wed, 07-13-2005, 03:46 AM
haha
franky lying on the floor invincible, then he turns into a reverse centaur, hilarious

^ i agree, sanji will probably get his ass beat, but maybe luffy and co are gonna arrive soon, we'll see

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-13-2005, 06:20 AM
it would be great if the entire straw hat crew come together and start fighting all the cp9 not individual fights that would be the same old shounen type battles we need to see everyone in action let's see some team work

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 06:25 AM
Indeed, I would love to see that happen... Sadly, I doubt it will happen on a train, too small... I hope that happens when they reach the whatever Gates they are heading to...

And damnit... we need more Sogeking

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-13-2005, 07:17 AM
lol damn right i never once doubtes that usopp would come back and he most definately will, little sceptical about robin though i hope she comes back but she might not, i just hope franky doesn't join like many people think is gonna happen i totally don't like the idea of a cyborg

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 07:30 AM
I really don't like Franky that much either, but I think it will be for the best if he indeed joined... He'll be the source of many comical moments...

If Robin doesn't return, then I'll stop watching One Piece for good... i'll go to Japan and kill Oda myself

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-13-2005, 07:48 AM
i hope the next arc will be just as good as this one, i wonder what could be coming up next so many things are yet to be unveiled, we still have Buggy and Alvida cruising around, Blackbeard, Whitebeard, Shanks so many characters and things left unfinished i'd personaly like to see more of blackbeard and whitebeard and about why the people with D in their names are so special, taking Robin away would be a big blow but wouldn't stop me from watching, Franky could be of great comical use but he's just so different from the rest of the straw hats

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I really hope the next arc is as good also, so far this has been my favorite arc of the manga, by far...

I hope the next arc Luffy meets up with some of the people we've met already... there are so many of them and some of the plot holes need to be filled... at least some of them for now...

I think it will take 2 or more arcs until the crew find itself a musician... I hope they never find one, because he'll surely suck (I think this is why Oda hasn't introduced one yet, he doesn't know how to make a cool musician lol)

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 07-13-2005, 08:59 AM
lol yeah a musician would be a really bad choice for another crew member, i can't wait for them to get a new ship, i'm guessing they might use the thing luffy always sits on but a bigger version just to please usopp and to show that they won't forget Going Merry, the team is pretty solid right now i can't really think of any kind of crew member they would still need they got Sanji to feed them, chopper to heal them, nami to navigate them, usopp to fire the cannons and robin is an archeologist
lol they need someone like coby maybe his twin brother to swab the decks i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Deblas
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by: Budweineken
Indeed, I would love to see that happen... Sadly, I doubt it will happen on a train, too small... I hope that happens when they reach the whatever Gates they are heading to...

And damnit... we need more Sogeking

Didn't they say if they reached the gates they're fucked. The whole point of them going on a sea train that doesn't stop and not waiting a day till the waves of aqua laguna to settle is to get Robin without reaching the gates. It's the center of the world government afterall.

I'm really interested in how Usopp upgraded the clima tact and seeing it in action. Bet it has an impact dial.

On a side note:

I don't have a problem that Franky might join and be their new shipwright. I think he has all the qualities too. He can fight, build ships, had a sad past, and he was raised by the guy who built Gold Rogers ship. That last one might be put as kind of symbolic and his dream at the same time. He acknowledges Luffy that he will become the next King of Pirates, so he goes along with him to continue the legacy of his foster....merman. But I wish he had some pants.

But then again I've been thinking lately and thought that maybe Paulie will probably go with them. Hey, he can fight, and build ships. And was he a sad orphan that wa raised by Iceburg?..don't remember. Anyway, I like Paulie better cause of comedic purposes. Don't get me wrong, franky too. That refrigerator is just asking to have some meat put in it. But I think Paulie is better since he hates to see girls who reveal some skin. And lets face it. Nami 99% of the time wores a short skirt.

kAi
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:51 AM
franky is cool man!

he better join the crew!

I forgot to add, or I'll goto Japan and kill Oda myself.

Munsu
Wed, 07-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I think they'll get screwed if they reach the whatever Gates, but that's what will make it interesting...

Deblas
Wed, 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
whatever Gates

Gates of Justice. Friendly reminder.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Honoko
Wed, 07-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I think they'll get screwed if they reach the whatever Gates, but that's what will make it interesting...

hah, seems like most of the situations they get into they're always screwed but manage to finagle their way out somehow =P which is probably why this series is so damn entertaining i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif not to mention the ridiculously large character shields everyone's got hahahah =]

Munsu
Wed, 07-20-2005, 07:47 PM
http://www.thelurker.net as always...

Chapter 373 is out... go get them suckers..

tensai
Wed, 07-20-2005, 10:02 PM
pretty cool chapter

that guy is so f#cked up, killing one of the cp members
Franky's centuar thing is so funny, how he caught him off guard

and ussop's cowardly yet hilarious ways

Munsu
Thu, 07-21-2005, 02:09 AM
I thought that the CP9 guy was pretty cool... he took Sanji's kick like nothing, and kept explaining the situation while he was being kicked...

Sogeking kicks ass as usual

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 07-21-2005, 03:02 AM
oh yeah sogeking kicks major ass the last page had me in stitches can't wait for the next chapter

kAi
Sat, 07-23-2005, 11:39 AM
These CP9 guys are total badass, they've got no chance against them in a fight.

They need something else, but Luffy and co, should not be too far behind, but stll. The strength of these guys is crazy.

kAi
Tue, 08-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Finally Enies Lobby is infront of them, it's good that te CP9 weren't really trying to take out Sanji and co.

Oh by the way, 374 is out by #null @ irc.irchighway.net

tensai
Tue, 08-02-2005, 10:14 PM
i wonder if theyre gonna go back into more flashbacks about robins past and what happened to her, i kinda want to know

i thought it was cool that the CP9 guys were loyal to there promise to not kill the straw hat crew

that frog will cause some problems for the train that luffy is on

TwisT
Wed, 08-03-2005, 05:50 PM
and it seems that the CP9 guys have Devil Fruit powers ontop of there fightingstyle.. that's crazy.. Maybe those thorn whips are also from a DF-power.. If so, i wonder what "big square nose" powers are..

Deblas
Thu, 08-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Man, Robin really pisses me off in this arc. It almost made me forget about bitchy Ussop and his Merry dilemma breakdown. They had her out of harms way and out of the blue she clutches sokeking only to return to the damn CP9 guys. Fuck is that about. You were free!!! Believe in Luffy like everyone else dammit!!! She should've known a long time ago that there's no way in hell that they are not going to go after her. Just accept the damn help.

tensai
Fri, 08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
i think when ussop said that she needed permission from the captain of the ship to leave, she really did want to return to being with the luffy crew

she went back to the CP9 guys because she promised to go with them, in return they will not hurt the straw hat pirates
Robin still probably has doubts about the power of Luffy and co., she probably thinks they dont stand a chance against the government, still she is thinking about the safety of the pirates

Deblas
Fri, 08-05-2005, 10:28 AM
You know. That door guy said that there was a buster call in her island where she was the only survivor. Well she has a 79 million bounty because she sunk some marine ships. Think it was the buster call that she sunk?

kAi
Mon, 08-08-2005, 01:23 PM
375 is out by #null @ irc.irchighway.net, go and get it!

tensai
Mon, 08-08-2005, 08:24 PM
thanks for the heads up

damn, there are more CP9 members, sh*t

kAi
Mon, 08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
yeah, and they're all weirded out people, worse than Franky's followers.

Well, it's going to be Luffy and co at Enies Lobby next chapter, they're going to need to be smart about this, or they just have to go on a rescue mission, I really hope they can't beat these CP9 guys after no training, basically just fighting them once, and that's it. These guys should be around for a while and be the main guys that they have to catch up to in terms of strength. Hopefully this turns out to be a rescue mission only; yeah, there should be fighting, but not like the fights that they had back before.

tensai
Tue, 08-09-2005, 03:57 AM
yeah, i agree with you

i think that they should save robin and franky, then franky joins the crew
the scenario will somewhat be like what Smoker was doing

but they later surpass the CP9 guys, but i do hope they beat up a few of them, maybe not the main four though

Deblas
Thu, 08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Ch 376 has been released by Null. For irc users go here (http://null.myshelter.net/)

EDIT: Well, read the chapter. Man, Luffy and Chopper are so gullible.i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Luffy's really getting famous with that bounty of his.

And he said he has some new moves. Can't wait for the next chapter and see what they are. Things are getting very interesting now.

kAi
Thu, 08-18-2005, 10:43 PM
I like how he gets a new move on the fly, please let this be a more of a rescue mission, go in get robin, fight for abit, but get the hell outta there, get a ship and let these guys chase them around later down the track, after other easy enemies.

Munsu
Fri, 08-19-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, lol... awesome, he just makes up a new move when he feels like it...

I loved this chapter, pretty funny in the beginning, and then Luffy storming through Enies Lobby was also awesome... great stuff

TwisT
Sat, 08-20-2005, 09:17 AM
lol yeah.. That Hero stuff was funny.. And how Luffy and Chopper are so gullible.. Ok Luffy is stuppid and Chopper is gullible.. But when you're Luffy, you don't need to be smart..

Also how Luffy was just gone and had stormed the gate himself.. Awsome..

But i don't agree with just an rescue mission.. i want him to beat them.. At least that "Parrot"-dude.. Just so you can see that he overcomes that fighting style they use..Also the leader need's to get his ass kicked.. GO LUFFY!!!

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I'll be putting my money on a string shot, either Luffy using his body to launch Robin onto the train or just taking some of usop's bombs and using them as a ranged weapon, seeing as he fought against usop earlier and has a better impression of the pepper balls he uses...

though, it might end up being somethig really stupid, like sending his dirty foot into the enemy's nose and stinking him up.

as for the c9, i think that seeing one of them getting beat up by a luffy zoro sanji franky gang up would be cool, keep their status as super strong enemies, but stll have one of them getting his ass kicked.

edit: C9 section, and changed 'robing' to Robin.

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 11:54 AM
It's pretty safe to say that they are going to fight CP9. And its "pigeon"-guy TwisT, not "parrot"-guy. We all know that when Luffy's nakama is hurt or are made to do something against their will, Luffy pummels them until they're practically or actually dead.

Also, Luffy's and Lucci's fight is going to be freaggin awesome. After this, every Strawhat might actually get a bounty while the ones who already have a bounty will be raised.

Munsu
Sat, 08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
I for one think they'll go against the other 3 or 4 agents introduced one or two chapters ago... forgot their names, but one of them couldn't keep his mouth shut...

You know what really pisses me off? When are they going to give Usopp a freaking real weapon... I mean give him a freaking gun already...

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 02:18 PM
You know what really pisses me off? When are they going to give Usopp a freaking real weapon... I mean give him a freaking gun already...

I guess its because of the variety of weaponry you can do with a slingshot (though those attacks are extremely wimpy without some tactic behind it) ex. flame star, throwing spikes, tabasco boshi. A gun is just a metal ball. He is also able to fire multiple shots in seconds unlike a gun and IMO more fun for the viewer to watch. Though I have to say a gun is certainly a much simpler and easier way to kill someone rather than firing 10 flame stars to just knick the guy. Maybe in the future he invents a gun that is able to shoot his special attacks.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 08-20-2005, 03:34 PM
he might end up getting his father's rifle, if they ever meet...

but what about Nami? shouldn't she get a real weapon someday? at least something powerful enough to take out a level D henchman?

Deblas
Sat, 08-20-2005, 04:07 PM
Well that perfect clima tact sure looks promising. I bet Ussop put a impact dial in there.

Munsu
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:53 PM
This was released, whatever it is...

One_Piece_Special_Kids_2[Null]

I'm getting it now

Jadugar
Mon, 08-22-2005, 11:58 PM
This was released, whatever it is...

One_Piece_Special_Kids_2[Null]

I'm getting it now

So am I, what is it though? Anything from K-F must be good.

Munsu
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:14 AM
It's not from k-f.. it's Null

Manga...

Jadugar
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:17 AM
That's why I couldnt find it on the K-F site. I thought they released something. Isnt time for ep 159.

Munsu
Tue, 08-23-2005, 12:36 AM
you are in the manga discussion thread if you haven't noticed...

tensai
Tue, 08-23-2005, 05:43 AM
i wonder whose the artist that drew the special kids of one piece, is it a completely different person from the original artists or not

i liked this special, its pretty fun to read

Munsu
Tue, 08-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah chacacters look different... especially Nami... I wasn't too interested in this, I just browsed through...

Deblas
Tue, 08-23-2005, 06:06 PM
The story was good but the characters look weird and just plain ugly. And they should have added Zoro as a student too.

tensai
Fri, 08-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Chapter 377 has just been released by Null

go and get it

Munsu
Fri, 08-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Seeing the cover page, it seems pretty obvious that the one joining the Straw Hat Crew will be Frankie..

Deblas
Sat, 08-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Marines: Enies Lobby's forces number in the Ten Thousands!!!

Luffy: Yeah....And I'm alone. Get out of my Way (Best....Line....Eva!!!)

kAi
Sun, 08-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that line was awesome.

One Piece gets better and better, do those two big guys think they really stand a chance, please, they should've stayed asleep, fools!

tensai
Mon, 08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
this chapter was pretty cool

those two big guys kinda remind me of the giants from that one island, could they be related in some way?

cant wait to see how this arc is gonna be like

Deblas
Tue, 08-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I still kinda getting used to this new style of Oda's. The anatomy of the characters have changed somewhat from the beginning where they looked more childish and cartoonish. Though out of all the Strawhats, I see the biggest change in Nami.

Stoopider
Wed, 08-31-2005, 02:32 AM
Luffy = CENTURY SLAYER! i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

kAi
Wed, 08-31-2005, 09:51 AM
that's 100, he's up against 10,000 +

Phoenix20578
Wed, 08-31-2005, 10:26 AM
Whats after a millenium then?

Stoopider
Thu, 09-01-2005, 11:21 AM
I thought a millenium is a million?

uh.. 10k.. dunno. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Phoenix20578
Thu, 09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Seeing the cover page, it seems pretty obvious that the one joining the Straw Hat Crew will be Frankie..

At this point i'll be pissed if Franky doesn't jion. He's really grown on me...

kAi
Thu, 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Franky has always been cool, he better fucken join!

Deblas
Sat, 09-03-2005, 04:50 PM
*Gasp* Chapter 378 has been released by Null!i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif

Null bots for Irc (http://null.myshelter.net/)

An Iron gate? Looks like Zoro is going to do his Lion Song technique again. Nice!!

Munsu
Sat, 09-03-2005, 08:10 PM
This chapter was pure crap... no memorable moment in it... And if the next chapter solely focuses on Zoro cutting through the gate, it will be another shitty one...

kAi
Sun, 09-04-2005, 12:08 AM
yeah, nothing really worthy of note happened here.

kAi
Sun, 09-11-2005, 12:59 PM
379 has been released by #null, get it where you usually do.

About as good as the last ep, the only good thing is the first page with Nami, and Robin.

Munsu
Sun, 09-11-2005, 01:32 PM
And watching Frankie in Speedo's always make me laugh... Other than that... nothing of interest

Deblas
Tue, 09-13-2005, 08:03 PM
I guess every member will have a devil fruit power then. Can't wait for their battles with the straw hats.

tensai
Sun, 09-18-2005, 08:45 PM
just thought you guys should know, one piece chapter 380 is out

Munsu
Sun, 09-18-2005, 11:57 PM
Spoiler....

I think this chapter went better than I expected, especially when they traded Zoro's cutting through the gate, with the frog taking down the fence and catapulting the rocket over everything...

It seems that we'll finally get some great action in the next chapter, can't wait...

Stoopider
Mon, 09-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Yeah.. the way they stepped out just in time. Looks like there's going to be many a butt kicking.

Love the ending, had me laughing throughout the whole day, where Chopper is amused by SniperKings plan. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

kAi
Mon, 09-19-2005, 11:03 AM
heh, nice episode, "WE OPENED THE GATE FOR NOTHING!!!"
I liked how the rocket went over the gate, nice touch.

Damn, imagine if all the people attacking become Straw Hats?

tensai
Mon, 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM
i wonder how much the bounty will increase for the straw hats after this battle

if the marines actually believe that all of them are straw hats, they will pose a much bigger threat to the government
and maybe a huge bounty will be put on them that overestimates their power, maybe

kAi
Wed, 09-21-2005, 11:04 AM
hah, yeah that would be so cool, what's the bounty now? I can't remember.

Deblas
Wed, 09-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Only strawhats that have bounties are:

Luffy: 100,000,000

Zoro: 60,000,000

Nico Robin: 79,000,000

I'm also hoping that they give the other strawhats bounties after this as well as increasing the bounties of the ones who has them already.

kAi
Tue, 09-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Chapter 381 is released, I liked it, got to see better action than in the last couple chapters.
Direct Download at mangatraders.com

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Thanks kAi, That was a great chapter. We see the upgraded Clima Tact in action and the Sogeking is unmasked(for 5 sec.).

Deblas
Tue, 09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
That perfect Clima Tact really packs a punch. Usopp really outdid himself with it.

Really funny when the lightning just went out of control almost hitting Nami rewarding Usopp with a big bonk in the head. Reminds me of Alabasta where Nami also tried out her new weapon without really knowing how it worked or how powerful it was.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 09-27-2005, 09:15 PM
LOL. The best part was she hit Sanji and Zoro also.

Munsu
Tue, 09-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Pretty good chapter action wise and comedy wise... most of the things that went on were very random and hard to make sense of what was going on on a quick read...

Though it seems it sets up the next chapter very good, looks like some individuals are about to challenge Zoro and Sanji

Stoopider
Thu, 09-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Oops Double Posted

Stoopider
Thu, 09-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I think the fight scenes would make more sense on the anime, hence the fast confusing action scenes.

Can't wait for next episode. Look like a chaotic chaotic episode. I wonder when the CP9 is coming out to fight.

dragon608608
Thu, 09-29-2005, 11:50 PM
does any one have a complete vol 38 One piece? If you do please post it up. thank you. I can't seem to find a single complete vol 38 out there. Thank you very much

Phoenix20578
Fri, 09-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by: dragon608608
does any one have a complete vol 38 One piece? If you do please post it up. thank you. I can't seem to find a single complete vol 38 out there. Thank you very much

Go to www.mangatraders.com

dragon608608
Fri, 09-30-2005, 11:28 AM
been there, done that. Their vol. 38 rar only 98%. i only able to unzip one chapter (358). the rest is blank.

Deblas
Fri, 09-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Did you check the One Piece manga group in MSN. Or do you know how to use Irc?

Deblas
Fri, 10-07-2005, 08:55 PM
CHAPTER 382 has been released. Go get it.

Not much action in this one. Much talking but it did set up a good beginning for the next chapter.

LUFFYVS.BLUENO!!

Nulls chapter added a bonus of articles. This is the new game that came out called Fighting for One Piece. Graphics really look kickass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/One_Piece-bonus-07.jpg

Munsu
Sat, 10-08-2005, 02:31 AM
This was a great chapter in my opinion... and it looks like next one will be awesome... I hope Luffy kicks his ass quickly so we can see him fight Luigi sooner... I bet Sanji or Zoro arrives in the middle of the fight...

kAi
Sun, 10-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I hope they don't stuff up these fights, CP9 destroyed them a little while ago.

kAi
Thu, 10-13-2005, 11:36 AM
383 was released by #null.

and damn wtf, Luffy?

Deblas
Thu, 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
and damn wtf, Luffy?

What about Luffy?

I really like this chapter. Blueno had it coming. Looks like a lot of action from this point on.

kAi
Thu, 10-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Luffy totally annihilated that guy! Took him down with ease, I remember saying I hope this doesn't turn out to be a verse match between Luffy and co V CP9, coz CP9 should absolutely destroy them, and the excuse, we've gotten stronger on every island is stupid, it's hasn't even been a week in the time they've travelled, no other fights between people, and he took this guy down like that.

Munsu
Thu, 10-13-2005, 11:20 PM
The only one Luffy couldn't face straight up was Lucchi... so until then, I won't mind if Luffy takes a couple down with ease on a one on one fight

Deblas
Fri, 10-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by: kAi
Luffy totally annihilated that guy! Took him down with ease, I remember saying I hope this doesn't turn out to be a verse match between Luffy and co V CP9, coz CP9 should absolutely destroy them, and the excuse, we've gotten stronger on every island is stupid, it's hasn't even been a week in the time they've travelled, no other fights between people, and he took this guy down like that.

Uhh KAi. That's the whole point of One Piece. It's not training, training, training to become stronger and beat the bad guy like Dragon Ball. Its about determination, the will to never give up, and the power of friendship that gives them inner strength. It sounds corny but that's how it is! How many times have you seen (excluding Zoro) the strawhats train to become stronger? Never!! And they face stronger foes each and every time and they still manage to kick their asses. Luffy was beaten two times by Crocodile, but he wanted to help his new nakama Vivi so much that it gave him the power to suceed. Same thing happened with Usopp and Kuro, Sanji and Krieg, Nami and Arlong, Chopper and Wapol, Cricket and Enel, his whole crew and Foxy . And now is Robin and CP9. Have you actually being watching One Piece?

After what happened to Robin, the strawhats aren't just going to get Robin and escape. Thats not how they do things when it comes to nakama. Besides, Luffy also wants to take down Lucci for his betrayal to Paulie. And he hasn't knocked out Blueno yet. The chapter ended with Luffy starting to thrash him. Back at the train Sanji wasn't able to hurt Blueno but he did feel the huge force in his kick. Another one and it would have definetely hurt him but Kaku stepped in. If Sanji was able to do that imagine LUFFY!!

kAi
Fri, 10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Well, I find this to be annoying as hell, Luffy can be DEMOLISHED in an INSTANT, but he can travel to the next island and be able to take down a guy that he didn't hurt by kicking him, and did the 1000 punch thing and didn't even lay a hand on him. Luffy's kick had nothing on him last time, although, yes, you get stronger with every fight, and I know this fight isn't over yet, but he took him down instantly, before these punches couldn't even touch him. This pissed me off, although he could just be doing the old get taken down, then start to kick Luffy's ass around, then lose all of a sudden. Then he'll go straight on into the next fight and still beat the other guys, I just don't like it.

Training is in lots of anime/manga, there are times where fighting isn't enough, will power, and such things are not good enough, check out Bleach, Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, similar style Shounen shows. Same type of style shows as One Piece.

Where was his determination, the will to never give up, and the inner strength from the power of friends when he first fought them? now it can be said, but they need to lose sometime, but still he hasn't improved that much, he just received a beating and he can suddenly win now? Yes, the reason now is stronger than before, now that he knows the truth of why she is going but, it still just urks me. Also, by the time he gets to Lucchi if he can beat him down, with no help or with out any smarts in the fighting, and too easily, I wont like the scenario. Lucchi is alot stronger and can be used again. Although this is good for his character in building up his fighting, strength and everything else, I think they overpowered the CP9 guys a bit to much, or they made Luffy's strength improve to high.

All I hope now is that this fight actually has some good fighting and isn't one sided.

Deblas
Fri, 10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
The CP9's power level are:
1. Rob lucchi - 4000
2. Kaku - 2200
3. Jabura - 2180
4. Blueno - 820
5. Kumadori - 810
6. Fukuro - 800
7. Carifa - 630

See, Blueno is the 4th strongest. Yeah sure, Luffy couldn't beat him at first but now there's a lot in stake in this battle, and he knows that and it motivates him and makes him even stronger. It's again, kind of corny but thats the main theme in One Piece. Another thing was that the first time, he hit Blueno with his Pistol attack, this time around he got him with his Rifle attack which is very powerful so he broke his armor and took that opportunity to pummel him. Also Luffy is the strongest among the strawhats so now compared to Luffy he's really nothing. This is more of like a pre-battle that doesn't mean anything. And if Luffy has a hard time with Blueno then he would obviously be no match for Lucchi which is his main opponent so being able to thrash Blueno like that makes alot of sense. Though I doubt he will go against the other ones single-handedly. Kaku will most likely be Zoro's opponent and Jabura will be Sanji's opponent and so on. Now there is no doubt in my mind that those later fights won't be one sided. They never are actually. Especially Luffy and Lucchis fight!!

Stoopider
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:52 AM
I wonder who the matchup's are going to be.

Luffy being the captain would definitely take on Rob Lucchi. Thats like a no brainer.
Zoro would take on Jabura (Jabura's a swordsman as well, or was that Kumadori (?)).
Kaku (?) - Franky? or Sanji?
Fukuro the big mouth, I think he's the brainiac of the team. Would definitely be a matchup against Chopper.
And Nami would be vs Carifa.

Blueno would get his noseshit kicked out of him soon, so he probably wouldn't be part in the battle. I wonder who else. Maybe Sogeking would take on one, and I wonder who would Robin as well.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM
I want to know if Franky joins the crew. I've really enjoyed his personality in the manga so far. Hope he stays.

Deblas
Wed, 10-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by: Phoenix20578
I want to know if Franky joins the crew. I've really enjoyed his personality in the manga so far. Hope he stays.

Originally posted by: Stoopider

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/One_Piece-377-01-02.jpg

I think that says alot. I don't think Robin is going to fight. That's why she was drawn matched up with the soon to be dead Blueno.

DeluxSkillz
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:10 PM
i don't think that pic will be correct on the match ups because if luffy is supposed to fight the guy with the pigeon on his arm and if you look at the pic luffy would be fighting against kaku and sanji against the guy with the pigeon which makes no sense because sanji will get his ass whooped luffy should be fighting him, although it would make for an interesting twist, would definately get sanji his wanted poster if he ends up fighting and beating the guy with the pigeon, sorry forgot his name lol

Deblas
Wed, 10-19-2005, 02:18 PM
*sigh* No. So what if they are drawn an inch far from each other. From right to left it's:

Franky Vs. that weird sumo type guy

Nami Vs. Califa

Sanji Vs. Guy between Califa and Lucchi(forgot the name)

Luffy Vs. Lucchi

Zoro Vs. Kaku

Usopp Vs. Zipper guy

And Robin and Blueno who are not going to fight. Blueno surely won't. Maybe Robin will Clutch Spandam for revenge.

I don't have a clue with who's going to fight Chopper.

Masamune
Wed, 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM
is the Guy between Califa and Lucchi(forgot the name) going to fight? he has a power of 9

Honoko
Wed, 10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
chopper looks cute trying to badass like that in that pic hehehe..... and maybe he'll pair up w/ ussop or something and have a 2-1 fight.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 10-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by: Deblas

Originally posted by: Phoenix20578

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Deblas/One_Piece-377-01-02.jpg

I think that says alot. I don't think Robin is going to fight. That's why she was drawn matched up with the soon to be dead Blueno.

That answered my question i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif. They had better not pull a Vivi......

Munsu
Thu, 10-20-2005, 02:09 AM
some new group is doing OP manga...

http://rapidshare.de/files/649...One_Piece_384.rar.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/6492302/One_Piece_384.rar.html)

Edit:

Group sucks ass....

But the chapter was awesome... There are a couple of surprises...

kAi
Thu, 10-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Null released there version, go and get it!

Now we got the giants on the strawhats side, thanks to Ussop, err i mean Sogeking.

Luffy and Blueno are still stairing down.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Well done Sogeking. Ussop is pretty cool in his own right.

Phoenix20578
Fri, 10-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Ussop is awsome. They need to make him insanly powerful, like the new clima tact. It'll be funny though
if he permenitly goes under the name of Sogeking. That part with the giants was funny though.

Deblas
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Aww. I wanted them to show Luffy's and Blueno's on going fight. Next chapter I guess. Nice, Usopp is getting braver by the minute.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't think Ussop would ever be insanely powerful.

But he might get seastone bullets! i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif Thats the only way I can see him defeat mad powerful enemies.

kAi
Mon, 10-24-2005, 09:48 AM
385 has been released by null, get it off there bots, or from mangatraders.com

Nice, chapter I'm liking it very much.

Now those guys have eaten devil fruits they're even stronger (more than likely) than what they were before, I hope this goes well, so far the fight between Blueno and Luffy is good.
Revolving door, lol.

Deblas
Mon, 10-24-2005, 01:34 PM
What? Bon Clay looks...straight!!

There is only one thing I can relate with Kaku's bannana shaped devil fruit. A zoan monkey type. But who knows. I really liked this chapter too. Finally the strawhats caught up to Luffy.

tensai
Mon, 10-24-2005, 04:58 PM
bon clay is dressed up like sanji

so you cant have two devils fruit powers after all
nice chapter, wonder what those twos new power would be

kAi
Tue, 10-25-2005, 11:59 AM
386 has now been released, available at mangatraders.com

Another nice chapter, the attack on the island is being done very well in my opinion.
The Spandam guy is going crazy, heh. He doesn't know what to think, he thought this was all to easily in his favour, but he was up for a really big suprise,
Should see more of the Luffy V Blueno fight also next chapter.

tensai
Tue, 10-25-2005, 08:16 PM
i liked this chapter too

spandam is too full of himself
i wanted to see more fighting from luffy and blueno

Munsu
Wed, 10-26-2005, 06:41 AM
Last two chapters were pretty good...

Not much progress on what is going on, but we learned alot on the situation of CP9 and the World Gorvernment... they are getting their ass kicked, and I'm glad Spandam finally recongnized it

tensai
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:30 PM
i wonder when spandam will use the buster call

after seeing the destruction caused on enies lobby, i bet he is tempted to use it
but most likely he will send the rest of CP9 into action first, mainly because it would be embarrassing for him to let the rest of the world know that most of the soldiers were getting beat by the straw hats

Munsu
Wed, 10-26-2005, 12:32 PM
I hope he doesn't use Buster Call... The usage of Buster Call suggests to me that One Piece would be nearing its final arcs, and I don't want to think that...

I think Luffy and the Straw Hats have ways to go before they are that potent of a power to warrant the usage of a Buster Call...

Deblas
Wed, 10-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Spandam most likely will initiate the buster call. But I doubt the Mugiwara crew will fight them or at least thats what I hope. They might be tearing up Enies Lobby but I don't think they're ready to fight that much power yet.

dragon608608
Thu, 10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
i just got chapter 387 in raw. it is out there now? if you can't find it show me how to upload it here. i will share with you guy with one condition: Translate to English. Chapter 387 is a kick ass chapter. Luffy using a knew move (almost like entire different ability.) Unfortunally, i don't understand anything it said.

PS: Luffy able to copy the kick the cut subject from the bull guy

Munsu
Thu, 10-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Apparently you can't read:

Topic Title: One Piece Manga Discussion
Topic Summary: Translated Only

Thanks

DeluxSkillz
Thu, 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
387 has been translated by null, omfg luffy is gonna power up, looks like the raw is out for 388 as well but i won't spoil

tensai
Thu, 11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
thanks for the heads up

damn, luffys going to start some crazy sh*t

kAi
Thu, 11-03-2005, 08:45 PM
ooo, I wonder how he's able to do this, and how it comes about.

Deblas
Thu, 11-03-2005, 10:00 PM
Hehe, I loved when Chopper said to Zoro "Zoro, I'll try to make a medicine for it next time" "A good medicine for a hopeless idiot" and Boy, Sanji can sure be pathetic sometimes. :/

I've been hearing the term Vulcanization for Luffy's second gear.

Vulcanization : process of treating rubber or rubberlike materials with sulphur at great heat to improve elasticity and strength or to harden them.

Sounds like it no? A better and more scientific explanation for his new ability than just Super Saiyan Luffy.

Munsu
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:32 AM
That sounds like it might be it...

At first I was thinking he was using his rubber ability to restructure his muscles and shit.

kAi
Fri, 11-04-2005, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I think you've hit it Deblas, I was also trying to figure out something that could strengthen rubber or something of the sort, that seems like it's the case.

and now that Luffy has used it, my previous statements about me not liking it have gone away, as he's used this verse Blueno, and I think he'll destroy him with it.

This has certainly made me happy, it's good to know Oda is a GREAT mangaka!
I thought it was lost due to the beating they got back at water seven.

tensai
Fri, 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
I've been hearing the term Vulcanization for Luffy's second gear.

i was wondering where in the manga you got this from, because i dont remember reading about it, if it is in the manga, please point the way

but if its not in the manga, good find on the word

Munsu
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:02 PM
By him saying "I've been hearing the term" he is implaying that he is frequenting other sites and/or forums and has seen this term being used...

Of couse he didn't get it from the manga...

tensai
Fri, 11-04-2005, 12:04 PM
ok, thanks
just wanted to know where Deblas got vulcanization from

DeluxSkillz
Fri, 11-04-2005, 02:43 PM
sounds cool if there is a logical explenation for luffy's power up, that would make him suddenly powering up a lot cooler then the cliche "oh i just pulled a new power out my ass and can now whoop all the enemies who whooped me before" damn one piece is so exciting right now

Munsu
Fri, 11-04-2005, 03:36 PM
Yeah, this brings endless possibilities... especially if he can warm up his body to a certain degree, which will translate to him being able to unfreeze himself by his own powers when Aoki freezes him...

Munsu
Mon, 11-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Downloaded the 388 release by Strawhat Scans... they suck...

But we see some kickass action...

DeluxSkillz
Mon, 11-07-2005, 01:31 PM
yup their release sucked, but this was one bad ass chapter so what they're saying is Luffy mastered that move that made the CP9 people move really fast damn Luffy is so freakin cool

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Wow, the new chapter was great. I thought Bluno would last a little longer though. The manga just keeps
on getting better and better. Luffy's power increased dramaticly, Nami's did also. Can't wait to see whats in
store later.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Old Lady has a very interesting point.

I wonder how much Luffy's bounty & Crew would increase.

And would Sogeking finally have a bounty as well? i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

tensai
Thu, 11-10-2005, 12:49 AM
on page 12, when he annouces that he will do something again because blueno took the "jet bazooka" attack,
luffy sticks his thunb into his mouth like he's trying to trigger something for the next gear

im thinking for each gear, there is a trigger to start it
like for his "gear second," he pushes down on his legs

itd be interesting to see how many gears he has, and how he will deal with himself not being use to the "gears" yet

kAi
Thu, 11-10-2005, 11:16 AM
yeah, i noticed that tensai.
This is getting very exciting, can't wait, lol.

Deblas
Thu, 11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm loving every bit of this chapter. The arc just keeps getting better and better. Luffy's new Gomu jet attacks are insane. And we have only seen only a little of his power. But Blueno was pretty stupid to try and take on one of Luffy's best attacks. I can't wait for Luffy's battle with Lucchi so he can show every bit of power he gained with his gear second. This arc is just too awesome.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
I think Blueno couldn't avoid it, so he just tried to tekkai and absorb it. Didn't work nehow.

Anybody has the subbed version of 389? 388 by Null is out.

tensai
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
389 is out by a group named Illuminati-Manga

you can find it in the bittorrent sites

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 11:42 AM
If you find a direct link post it here, I can't torrent

Found one:

http://www.illuminati-manga.co...ms/showthread.php?t=69 (http://www.illuminati-manga.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69)

Edit: Great chapter, but again, group sucks

Phoenix20578
Thu, 11-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Awsome chapter. Franky's ass expanding was hilarious, as was Luffy yelling out,
"LLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH"

I'm still curious about the powers Kasu and Cafia got. I guess we'll find out soon..

Munsu
Thu, 11-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Hahaha, yeah it was awesome how he got food out of nowhere...

Augury
Thu, 11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I forgot which chapter, but back when Luffy is still on the train there's a panel where he stuffs meat into his pockets while talking with Nami. The weird part would be that it never looks like there's anything in his pants pockets from then until now =)

Stoopider
Fri, 11-18-2005, 02:08 PM
It must be a dimensional storage gateway pocket pants.

Munsu
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:40 PM
AE released chapter 390

http://rapidshare.de/files/793...ece_ch390_AE_.rar.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/7930718/One_Piece_ch390_AE_.rar.html)

Chapter was crap, but the end was awesome...

Phoenix20578
Mon, 11-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Great chapter, but only the end. I was expecting that kind of response from Luffy, but not him picking his nose, lol.
The fights should start up in the next chapter. Wonder who will go up first?

Thanks for the link Bud.

tensai
Mon, 11-21-2005, 11:27 PM
i agree, the end was the best part

it was funny the way sanji showed up and thought he was number one, and how the giants threw sogeking up, i wonder how he landed

Deblas
Tue, 11-22-2005, 12:28 AM
The end freakin rocked. Sanji's part of him saying he was #1 was hilarious. And the last spread just awesome. I agree. The first pages sucked.

Also, look at usopp's staff. That's one big slingshot he has there. Wonder if it's a permanent change of weapon. Though it seems everyone has an improvement in their weapons/fighting skills. We haven't seen Zoro's, Sanji's or Chopper's yet. But I bet they do.

And Luffy has a lot of awesome lines in this arc. First:

Marines: Said something about there being thousands of marines in Enies Lobby.

Luffy: And I'm alone. Get out of my way!!

Then...

Luffy: you can say die you want to die!! It doesn't matter!!!....But things like that&.you should say it when youre with us!!!...Now leave it all to us.

Stoopider
Tue, 11-22-2005, 05:48 AM
Just to sidetrack abit..

There's 6 CP9 on top of the tower. (Excluding the useless half-faced guy).

But only 5 at Luffy's side.

Do you think Franky's going to join the fight? Or will Robin? Franky's out cold thoguh.

Tofu #2
Wed, 11-23-2005, 08:22 PM
Just to sidetrack abit..

There's 6 CP9 on top of the tower. (Excluding the useless half-faced guy).

But only 5 at Luffy's side.

Do you think Franky's going to join the fight? Or will Robin? Franky's out cold thoguh.

What? You fool. Did you count Luffy?

Munsu
Fri, 11-25-2005, 04:22 PM
No, he counted Chopper and Nami as one...

tensai
Fri, 11-25-2005, 09:02 PM
389 is out by null, just wanted to let you guys know

kAi
Sat, 11-26-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah, nice chapter, seems the fights will be coming on real soon, and can't wait, they should be done real well.

Stoopider
Sun, 11-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Lol..

You know what? Because Chopper's in big size mode, I didn't recognize him. So I thought it's just 5. Silly me.

Munsu
Thu, 12-01-2005, 11:25 AM
390 out by N-U-L-L

Stoopider
Sat, 12-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Nice coloured picture at the end. Sweet.

tensai
Sat, 12-03-2005, 06:01 AM
i just noticed the colored pic at the end after you mentioned it

another thing that i noticed was that ussop got a big lump on his head, guess thats how he landed

Munsu
Sun, 12-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't remember which group is best, but two groups released 391

http://rapidshare.de/files/857...ece_ch391_AE_.rar.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/8575592/One_Piece_ch391_AE_.rar.html)

http://rapidshare.de/files/8610764/SS_391.zip.html

Deblas
Sun, 12-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Robin's flashback! That's awesome!! And wow. A doctorate at 8 years old. That's amazing!

Munsu
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:16 PM
I not very fond of OP flashbacks... they are usually drawn out... But I'm really looking forward to reading about Robin's past and about what a Buster Call really is...

Phoenix20578
Sun, 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM
I've been waiting for Robin's full backstory. So far so good. But why was a Buster Call needed?

tensai
Sun, 12-04-2005, 09:13 PM
im also wondering why the buster call was needed

everyone, so far, seems to dislike Robin except for those Ohara Archaeologists

i hope at the same time we learn about Robins past, we also learn about the true history and why those stones are there

Stoopider
Tue, 12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
I like One Piece Flashbacks.

Especially if their mostly new things about people's past that add more depth to their character. Rather than Naruto repeating the same old same old every God Damn time.

Munsu
Tue, 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Well, this is the manga... not anime...

Naruto handles flashbacks fairly well in the manga...

To give an example of Flashbacks I hate are for example... the Norland flashback and the Tom flashback... they were fairly long and boring...

Up till now, we havent had many good flashbacks that dealt with our main characters, so at least the Robin one should be good...

tensai
Thu, 12-08-2005, 11:02 AM
nulls version of 391 is out

kAi
Thu, 12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Just finished reading 391.
Robin finally opened her mouth.

Not suprising really that everyone at her home town don't like her, but there was quite a few people in the Archeologists place.

Munsu
Mon, 12-12-2005, 12:46 AM
392 by SS

http://rapidshare.de/files/9000704/SS_392.zip.html

Edit: After reading the chapter...

We can see now why Nico Robin looks up to the "D." family...

tensai
Mon, 12-12-2005, 01:52 AM
We can see now why Nico Robin looks up to the "D." family...
or at least has interest in them...

this chapter is pretty interesting, to me at least

spandain, i guess was spandams brother or father or at least has some relation to spandam
wow, robin's mother looks exactly like robin. It sucks that she got rejected that quickly because she wanted to be a part of them

i guess there might be a different reason for why the island ohara was destroyed, the giant being there or the research that the archaeologists were conducting

Jadugar
Wed, 12-14-2005, 05:16 PM
i guess there might be a different reason for why the island ohara was destroyed, the giant being there or the research that the archaeologists were conducting

Maybe they were close to finding out that blank page in history.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
The blank page in history...... Makes sense for an archiologist.

I'm really liking Robin's backstory. It shows a lot about Robin personality and why she acts all secluded in the present.

Jadugar
Wed, 12-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Finallly he get to know Robin's past and maybe a bit more about the D. Family.

Deblas
Wed, 12-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Killing two birds with one stone. And highly anticipated at that. This arc is definitely the best.

Jadugar
Wed, 12-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Zoro and Sanji definately need to go one gear up just like Luffy to defeat CP9.

Deblas
Wed, 12-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I think they will get some type of upgrade. Everyone seems to be upgrading their fighting skills.

Luffy- Gear second
Nami- Perfect Clima Tact
Usopp- Sogeking and some type of staff/slingshot

I wonder if Choppers upgrade is a rumble ball that gives him even more forms. That'll be pretty sweet.

Phoenix20578
Wed, 12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
For Chopper, thad be great.

For Sanji, id be cool if he learned the leg techniques CP9 uses (the names escape me for the moment).

Zoro, I don't think he can upgrade anything.

Stoopider
Fri, 12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
I think Sanji a;ready has his kitchen knives attacks. Maybe Tying knives to his legs. i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif

tensai
Fri, 12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
i dont think that sanji will use the kitchen knives attack
i thought he used them because the noodle guy pissed him off

i would like to know what kind of devils fruit power the two cp9 members got, and how the strawhats are going to fight agaisnt them

Jadugar
Fri, 12-16-2005, 02:02 PM
This probably is the most anticipated fight ever.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-17-2005, 06:45 AM
heck, i'll take any OP flashback over Naruto's repetting ones anytime...
sure, Naruto is emotional with all the 'everybody hates me' crap, but when it comes down to story quality, one piece takes the win, and that's why the flashbacks are so long.
so, as far as i'm concerned, the coming flashback is about to be great, the CP9 fight can wait a few more months, i don't think that luffy can beat luchy (or kaku and the other strong guy) yet, even if he can go up to 3rd gear... and not to forget that they still can go demon fruit and increase thier power levels ("my soru level is over one million, and I can go super saiyan"). I'm betting that we might see a cameo of some bigshot, i hope that ace will come and make short works off someone.

Munsu
Mon, 12-19-2005, 01:56 AM
393 by SS

http://rapidshare.de/files/9412549/SS_393.zip.html

Awesome chapter, shit's about to go down...

tensai
Mon, 12-19-2005, 09:46 PM
pretty good chapter

since aokiji (the ice dude) showed up here, theres a high chance that luffy's grandfather is the giant dude
aokiji said that he dealt with luffy's grandfather a long time ago

Munsu
Tue, 12-20-2005, 12:05 AM
I didn't think of that...

That's a good point...

Phoenix20578
Tue, 12-20-2005, 12:37 AM
Man, I'm loving Robin's backstory more and more. I wonder what the connection between Olivia and Saulo....

kAi
Tue, 12-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice chapters, things are going down next chapter, it's going to be good.

Jadugar
Tue, 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Robin's mum is even hotter than her.

Deblas
Tue, 12-20-2005, 06:08 PM
There's really not much of a difference between how Robin looks and how her mom looks except for the hair.

Jadugar
Wed, 12-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Upon close inspection I have come to the same conclusion. You do have a keen eye.

Does Robin look taller now than her mother?

Munsu
Wed, 12-21-2005, 03:07 AM
If that's Luffy grandfather...

I wonder who his grandmother was... Some sort of midget? Or maybe this phenomenon ocurred with his parents...

tensai
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:40 AM
luffy's grandfather being a giant and luffy being a normal human being (height wise) is something that is really hard to connect

i would like to know the back story of luffy's family line too, maybe itll appear in the future flashbacks of other characters

Munsu
Wed, 12-21-2005, 04:54 AM
I can just imagine One Piece ending, and this matter never getting resolved... then it'll be endless theories going about...

Deblas
Wed, 12-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Ohh boy I can't. O_o Luffy's past is one of the biggest plot holes in the whole series. Especially now that we know that a giant carries the D. name. It does seem really far-fetched that Sauro is Luffy's grandfather but remembering what Aokiji said to them and him actually being there, one can only wonder.

kAi
Wed, 12-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Saul ate 2 devil fruits over jealousy and shrunk himself.
that's what happens when you do it, heh.

Munsu
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:10 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/103..._394_xmasscan.zip.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/10369240/op_394_xmasscan.zip.html)

http://rapidshare.de/files/104...op395xmasscan.zip.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/10450551/op395xmasscan.zip.html)

Phoenix20578
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Nice Chapters. It looks as though the flashbacks will finish in two more chapters and the CP9 fights will begin.

Munsu
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Na', I think it will be a couple more... I'm sure Saulo will start kicking some ass soon, Hopefully fight with Aokiji...

Deblas
Sun, 01-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Man I love this. This has gone beyond the "I'm going to be the Pirate King and find treasure" story. The ending will surely not be about Luffy finding One Piece and the end. Maybe it will be about the fall of the WG with Luffy taking power?!

Awesome. So the WG prohibited the reading of the poneglyphs that the old kingdom left fearing that the ancient civilization's ideals will surface again and result in their downfall. So it looks like the WG really are the bad guys.

I wonder if that ancient civilization has something to do with the D's?

Munsu
Mon, 01-09-2006, 04:58 PM
I really hope that we see more group fights in the present arc instead of one on one fights, something like the Chopper and Usopp fight we saw in Alabasta.

John San
Thu, 01-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Guys, I can't wait for chapter 396 to appear on the web.
Do you know if Shonen Jump is "on stand by" for some unkown reason ?

I looked on different forums but none about this and I remembered I had access to this forum :-)

Jadugar
Thu, 01-19-2006, 05:28 PM
More action.

One Piece 396 RAW (http://home.exetel.com.au/battle_franky/index.html/Franky%20House/ONE%20PIECE%20396.zip)

Phoenix20578
Thu, 01-19-2006, 10:50 PM
No raws here, only the scanlations man.

Jadugar
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry, I didnt know about the unspoken rule.

EDIT :

I hear ya.

Phoenix20578
Thu, 01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Topic Title: One Piece Manga Discussion
Topic Summary: Translated Only
Created On: 06/23/2005 04:08 AM

Munsu
Tue, 01-24-2006, 12:48 AM
396 by Strawhat

http://rapidshare.de/files/11674684/SS_396.zip.html

tensai
Tue, 01-24-2006, 02:40 AM
i like this chapter a lot, now i know why luffy was suprised when aokiji mentioned luffy's grandfather

Munsu
Tue, 01-24-2006, 06:29 AM
Humm, why were you surprised? I don't see what you gathered from this chapter that has anything to do with Luffy... Is it him being a former vice-admiral? If so, what does that have anything to do with Luffy?

Jadugar
Tue, 01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
What? Has it been established that the giant is the Luffy's grandfather?

Zhan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Nothing has been mentioned yet. We don't know anything about Luffy's grandfather, this chapter also doesn't reveal anything about Luffy's grandfather either.

Phoenix20578
Tue, 01-24-2006, 03:13 PM
@Zhan:

since aokiji (the ice dude) showed up here, theres a high chance that luffy's grandfather is the giant dude
aokiji said that he dealt with luffy's grandfather a long time ago

This was a pretty good chapter. Everything is starting to come together, but I really want them to start the fights back up.

Zhan
Tue, 01-24-2006, 05:36 PM
oh true...thats still only a theory though, Aokiji is there because of Robin, he might've dealt with Luffy's grandfather in another situation..who knows.

tensai
Tue, 01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Humm, why were you surprised? I don't see what you gathered from this chapter that has anything to do with Luffy... Is it him being a former vice-admiral? If so, what does that have anything to do with Luffy?

I wasnt really saying that I was suprised, I was saying how Luffy reacted when Aokiji mentioned Luffy's grandfather

It was as if Luffy was trying to avoid the subject, maybe because Luffy didnt want people to know that his grandfather was a vice admiral

And also, it is not 100% that saulo is Luffy's grandfather yet, but it is highly likely

kAi
Tue, 01-24-2006, 09:03 PM
just read 394.
Robin didn't realise that was her mother, I like the coloured page at the end, they're playing cards, I like how Robin is holding them, heh.

Carnage
Sun, 01-29-2006, 12:32 PM
I just read 395. I always love the character flashbacks.

Edit: Luffy Gear 2 is the shit.I cant wait to see Gear 3.

Edit #2: FUCK! IS MANGA TRADERS DOWN???? I hate using stoptazmo.

dantheman62
Mon, 01-30-2006, 03:01 PM
i read up until the end of the Skypeia saga, and watched up until the end of it too. How's the manga going so far, good reads?

tensai
Mon, 01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
the manga is an awesome read

things get better with more twists after the skypeia arc

kAi
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Null have released a HQ version of Volume 27.

and what tensai said.

Carnage
Tue, 01-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Ya, the Water 7 arc might just be as good as the Alabasta arc. Not sure though, that was one hell of a saga.

Deblas
Sat, 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Chapter 396, 397, and 398 have been scanlated. Stopzamo has only up to 396 though. Got to the MSN groups to read 397 and 398.

Chapter 398 has become one of my favorite chapters of all time. The flashback is over and we're back at Enies Lobby. We finally get to see Usopp's new slingshot "Kabuto" in action and Luffy was such a badass. He just waged war against the WG! Next chapter will be the moment that we've been waiting for all this time. Strawhat pirates Vs. CP9!!!

Stoopider
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:43 AM
Msn Groups? Where's that? Sorry, can link.

Munsu
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:45 AM
I uploaded the chapters to yousendit... You can thank me later...

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx...1H89OD1R23PRRNC64WP9Z3 (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OBU1H89OD1R23PRRNC64WP9Z3)

Stoopider
Sun, 02-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Ah.. Thanks Bud. i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

OMFG!!!!!!!! Your right man. Everyone of them have a sad very very sad past. I think Robin's probably one of the saddest, yet most beautiful ending for it.

This battle would definitely making Luffy a candidate for Schibukai if he even cared about it.

I can't wait for some ass kicking! But knowing One Piece, the battles would probably last a few months i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

tensai
Sun, 02-05-2006, 09:17 PM
man, these chapters are getter better and better

and finally, its begun, the fight we've all been waiting for

Ussops new weapon looks awesome
and franky seems to like the strawhats more and more

cant wait to see more

Stoopider
Sun, 02-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Everyone has upped a notch. At the moment, there seems to be fewer and fewer weaklinks left in Luffy's crew. And thats magnificent.

A crew truly worthy to be called "The Pirate King's crew" i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif

Phoenix20578
Mon, 02-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Awsome chapters. Robin's backstory had to be the best yet. I can't wait to see how the fights play out now.

kAi
Mon, 02-06-2006, 09:50 PM
395 has been released by null.

Carnage
Tue, 02-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I uploaded the chapters to yousendit... You can thank me later...

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx...1H89OD1R23PRRNC64WP9Z3 (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OBU1H89OD1R23PRRNC64WP9Z3)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stoopider
Wed, 02-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Dereshishishishishishishishi i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

I wonder whether from now here on, after the battle, Robin would laugh that way together with the crew. i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif

Munsu
Wed, 02-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I really hope not... And if she does, I hope it is a one time thing...

Mr.X
Fri, 02-10-2006, 12:50 AM
Sauro is my fav flashback character by far!!!

You know we never actually saw him die? just frozen, and there was a fire..

yeah i know it would kinda retarded if sauro was still alive, but he was cool!

Stoopider
Fri, 02-10-2006, 03:06 AM
I think you just hit an interesting note.

He might not be dead. He might even be in the jail where Luffy is fighting at, in the dungeons all these years. It appears no one has broken into the jail and no one has come out alive yet....

Scrap that. He was to be executed..

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-10-2006, 03:45 PM
actually, how strong is a buster call?
sure, we know it calls 5 warships, but besides having lots of cannons, what are they worth? seriously, luffy stood against every one of buggys super cannon balls and took them without a second thought, wouldn't that mean he could take on a buster call?
what i mean is, actually how horrible is it against a team of fighting indvidiuals? even nami with her weather rod could blow the fleet apart...

or do we have anything more solid on the buster call?

Deblas
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by: Death BOO Z
actually, how strong is a buster call?
sure, we know it calls 5 warships, but besides having lots of cannons, what are they worth? seriously, luffy stood against every one of buggys super cannon balls and took them without a second thought, wouldn't that mean he could take on a buster call?
what i mean is, actually how horrible is it against a team of fighting indvidiuals? even nami with her weather rod could blow the fleet apart...

or do we have anything more solid on the buster call?

It's not just five warships. The buster call is a military operation that calls for ten battleships led by five vice admirals. The whole country of Ohara was destroyed by it so obviously it's a force to be reckoned with. Luffy and crew most likely can take the buster call on considering what they have been through already at Enies Lobby.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:34 PM
do we know any vice admirals? i mean besides saulo, who's obviously an expetion (being a giant and all)... what level is aoikoji?

about burnning ohara down, it's not that much of a problem to burn down a tree, it merely takes one idiot with a match. and for luffy and his crew taking them out, i was trying to imply that many weaker pirate groups (the ones who attacked sanji's resturant, as an example) could fight them evenly, or a least to a level where they don't pee their pants when hearing about it.

Deblas
Fri, 02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
They haven't said anything about the present vice admirals in the WG as far as I'm concerned. Aokiji and Kuzan (the hooded guy) were vice admirals at the time of the destruction of Ohara, but they moved up to Admiral.

If the new vice admirals are guys like Saulo, Aokiji and Kuzan, which they most likely are. Then I doubt that the weaker pirate crews that Luffy has faced stand a chance.

And Ohara wasn't just the tree. It's not like they just had to shoot the tree down and their done. They wiped Ohara off the map.

Mr.X
Fri, 02-10-2006, 05:11 PM
No Kuzan is Aokiji's actual name. I think Aokiji just translates into Blue Pheasent.

Im pretty sure they only showed 3 admirals in the flashback. Songoku, Kuzan, and the hooded guy (which should be the Red Dog).

2 more admirals were there, just not in the main picture.

Now that I think about it, were those 5 just ranked admiral? They got their promotion after Ohara right?

Deblas
Fri, 02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, my bad. Akainu is the hooded one. They never revealed his name in the flashback did they? Kizaru(yellow monkey) could have been a vice admiral too.

Aokiji and Akainu could have been made Admiral after the incident. But all of the five vice admirals who participated in the Buster call couldn't have since there are currently only four of them. The ones that are called the "three great powers" which are Aokiji, Akainu, and Kizaru. And Chief Admiral Sengoku ( the Buddha) who was already Chief Admiral at the time. I'm pretty sure he was the guy with the Afro in Robin's flashback.

I found some present Vice-admirals:

Vice-Admiral Comil, Vice-Admiral (Chuujou)

Vice-Admiral Tsuru(the old woman in the meeting where we see Bartholomew Kuma and Donquixote Doflamingo for the first time)

dantheman62
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:24 PM
are you guys talking about the manga or the anime?

Deblas
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by: dantheman62
are you guys talking about the manga or the anime?

Pretty obvious don't you think?......

Topic title: One Piece Manga Discussion

dantheman62
Fri, 02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
does anyone know anything about the cp9?