PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Manga Discussion: Scanlation/Translated Only

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

ChaosK
Sat, 09-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Like I said, if it's before water7 even started then Oda was probably referring to Usopp who left while they were in water7.

Also, I'm sure we'll get some crazy explaination about how the Going Merry got there in one of the next two chapters, for now we can only speculate. I think they've actually been on Enis Lobby for a while, there's no way for us to tell day and night because Enis Lobby is always sunny (unless my memory is completely wrong and I'm pulling that outta my ass). There's no way to assemble that amount of battleships in less than a day.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 09-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Well don't forget Iceburg is back in Water 7, he might've something to do with it, and am i the only one that think the wanted poster for the entire crew was cool? and i think franky being group with them mean he will be joining the crew.

ChaosK
Sat, 09-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Well don't forget Iceburg is back in Water 7, he might've something to do with it, and am i the only one that think the wanted poster for the entire crew was cool? and i think franky being group with them mean he will be joining the crew.

I'm kinda hoping those are real wanted posters that will be used when the crew leaves Enis Lobby. I find it hilarious Usopp and Sogeking vary so much.

Deblas
Sat, 09-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Even though I'm pretty damn sure they'll all get a bounty, those posters that came with the chapter are obviously not real. Some guy just did some PS work.

Munsu
Sat, 09-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I still think Sanji won't get one... his dissapearance was a plot device so that he doesn't get one.

Carnage
Sun, 09-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I still think Sanji won't get one... his dissapearance was a plot device so that he doesn't get one.

No way, sanji always has something up his sleeve. Remember on Skypeia when he damaged the ship or back at enies lobby when he got on the train to save Robin? I bet he did something that will cause half the ships to blow up or atleast something to stall the marines so they can get away.

Deblas
Sun, 09-24-2006, 11:23 AM
still, he did disappear out of sight instead of fighting the Captains. I would love to see his reaction if he finds out that everyone got a bounty/higher bounty except him.

ChaosK
Sun, 09-24-2006, 12:14 PM
still, he did disappear out of sight instead of fighting the Captains. I would love to see his reaction if he finds out that everyone got a bounty/higher bounty except him.

I doubt they'd have a name for him either.

"Kaizoku A"

Munsu
Sun, 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM
No way, sanji always has something up his sleeve. Remember on Skypeia when he damaged the ship or back at enies lobby when he got on the train to save Robin? I bet he did something that will cause half the ships to blow up or atleast something to stall the marines so they can get away.

Do you remember how he always has something up his sleeve and that's the reason why he doesn't have a bounty on him yet?

Carnage
Sun, 09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
lol, well if you consider the two situations I mentioned, there were no bounties to gain in The Skypeia arc to begin with and the Enel's lobby arc hasnt finished yet. But I admit it would be funny if he didnt get one.

Stoopider
Mon, 09-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Mr. Prince would get a bounty?.. Heheh.

.noname.silent
Mon, 09-25-2006, 10:24 AM
There's no way to assemble that amount of battleships in less than a day.

didnt know one piece had to be realistic...with all the mermaids, sandmen, devil fruits users, islands in the sky many more oh my.

kyubisrage
Mon, 09-25-2006, 04:01 PM
i think those posters are bs...... No way luffys bounty is 150,000 should be more than that...

Augury
Mon, 09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
There's not much to debate on the posters - in the credits file it says they're made by Nagash so they're clearly fan-made if other indicators don't spell it out. I thought that the idea of putting in posters was a nice one though. It gives fans something to chew on and look forward to before Oda finally does show new bounties.

Stoopider
Thu, 09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
oh oh oh .. it's coming out soon. I can feel it! *waits patiently at pc, clicking 'refresh' button every 2 seconds".

Azaz31
Thu, 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
oh oh oh .. it's coming out soon. I can feel it! *waits patiently at pc, clicking 'refresh' button every 2 seconds".

I really hope he isn't still clicking refresh every 2 seconds :|

Deblas
Thu, 09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Chapter 429 (http://jump.xdark.net/ONE%20PIECE%20-%20429.zip)

Translation (http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen/onepiece/chapter429.txt)

Awesome ending for the arc. Can't wait till next chapter.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 09-28-2006, 05:45 PM
MQ Scan has been out for a while. (http://rapidshare.de/files/34785206/OnePiece429.rar.html)

Stoopider
Thu, 09-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I really hope he isn't still clicking refresh every 2 seconds :|

I feel asleep. :( I'm weak..

Oh yeah. Good ending finally to it. :) I'm so happy right now. Friday's my favorite day because of new one piece manga's.

Honoko
Thu, 09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Awesome awesome ending. Sanji and Zoro's fob pose after they use Luffy to deflect cannon balls was my favorite. I want that image to get cleaned up fast :D

kAi
Fri, 09-29-2006, 10:13 AM
The same as what's been stated, an awesome ending!
I also liked that part Honoko, it was good, do I see this becoming a sig for you?

Another thing I liked was how Aokiji acknowledged it, that was good. Also, when Luffy was going to say 'thank you' to Robin, but shut his mouth and said 'thanks' to everyone.

Where they go next? What of the Merry? Who gets a bounty? How much the others get raised?

Those are some of the things that I want to know at the moment.

Honoko
Fri, 09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
The same as what's been stated, an awesome ending!
I also liked that part Honoko, it was good, do I see this becoming a sig for you?
You will probably see me in the "request for sigs!" thread some time in the near future ;)

Stoopider
Sun, 10-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Here's an interesting question now that Luffy had finally escaped....

Does the Shibukai work with the government? I would assume so as they are pirates keeping pirates in check. Now that Luffy has declared was on the World Government, would the 7 Shibukai's be after Luffy's crew as well?

Luffy could certainly apply for the Shibukai for his tenacity and power on the ocean, but they've already declared war on the government, and they carry Nico Robin and Frankie, who can resurrect the weapons. And no way would the Government allow the to roam free.

I hope Whitebeard and Red Hair Shanks aren't affiliated with the Shibukai. If not we're in for one hell of a batlle to come! :D :D

(Sorry if I double posted in the Anime section as well) :P

Augury
Mon, 10-02-2006, 02:16 AM
The Shichibukai does indeed work with the government. However, we haven't actually seen any of them on an actual assignment yet since Mihawk was chasing down Krieg for his own reasons and Crocodile was executing his own scheme for power, so we don't know what type of missions they actually do. I don't think it would be farfetched to see one of them hunting the crew soon, but that would depend on how serious Enies Lobby actually was and whether there are other powerful pirates who are actively against the World Government.

Dragon, Shanks and Whitebeard come to mind here - while they probably aren't actively at war with the World government, they definitely aren't working for them. When they were going to meet up with each other the WG had that meeting with a few of the Shichibukai to deal with the situation.

Deblas
Wed, 10-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Chapter came out early!

Chapter 430 MQ scanlation (http://rapidshare.de/files/35536421/OP_-_430_-_MQ.rar.html)

Honoko
Wed, 10-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Never thought I'd get a little teary-eyed watching a ship burn =P

.noname.silent
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Never thought I'd get a little teary-eyed watching a ship burn =P

aww man, why you spoiled it for me before i got to d/l it?

-edit- thanks deblas

kAi
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, this is an actual discussion area, so it's kind of your own fault.

That was good, at least Oda didn't try and bring back the ship in any way. It got to sail that one last time which saved them. Now, time for a new ship, I wonder how big the new ship will be, and if it will be something like the Galley-La one.

Death13a
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Now one of the Strawhats is dead (and no comming back). I hope their new ship will have more firepower to help them keep others in check as they can't run too far with world goverment after them and huge bounty.

Deblas
Wed, 10-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Nice way to send of the Going Merry....in flames.

What I'm guessing is that Franky will build his latest Battle Franky ship and that will be the Strawhat's new ship (maybe the spirit of Merry will inhabit the new ship? Anything is possible with Oda's mind). What I'm really excited for is the Aftermath. Usopp revealing to Luffy that he is Sogeking, new ship, new crewmember?, new adventure...I can't wait!!

By the way. As a heads up there is no One Piece next week. T_T

Stoopider
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Can someone repost it on anything either than sendspace? Sendspace sucks. I've been trying for a full hour, it keeps telling me no free download slot available.

Deblas
Wed, 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Rapidshare (http://rapidshare.de/files/35536421/OP_-_430_-_MQ.rar.html) good enough?

edit: I changed the links to a MQ scanlation.

Honoko
Wed, 10-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Usopp revealing to Luffy that he is Sogeking...
For some reason, I just assumed that this whole double-identity thing is gonna carry on for a little while longer.

Stoopider
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Thanks DEB!!

Heheh. It's funny Luffy and Chopper still don't know who Sogeking is. He's now our mystery character now that Robin isn't so mysterious anymore. Haha.

What I'm guessing is that Franky will build his latest Battle Franky ship and that will be the Strawhat's new ship (maybe the spirit of Merry will inhabit the new ship? Anything is possible with Oda's mind).

I wonder if Franky would really build the Pluton. A ship fitting for the King of Pirates. :)

Deblas
Thu, 10-05-2006, 05:48 PM
For some reason, I just assumed that this whole double-identity thing is gonna carry on for a little while longer.

Nah, I dont think so. Luffy hasn't forgotten about Usopp, he stills wants him as his crewmate again. And of course, Usopp can't just hide under that mask of his now that he doesn't feel useless to the crew anymore. He just has it on because he doesn't want to confront Luffy yet after what happened between them.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Yup. The going merry is no more. What is there for Luffy and Ussop to fight about. Ussop wanted to leave because he didn't want to leave the Going Merry. Now that it's no more. There's no reason for him to leave, but kiss kiss and make up. :)

Btw.. is there ONe Piece this week?

Deblas
Thu, 10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Chapter 431 (http://sherkhan.dreamhost.com/fan/op/clips/One_Piece_431_RAW%5bjoin-clean%5d.zip)

Translation (http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=367144&postcount=1)

Flippin....awesome...chapter!!!

Not in a million years would I have ever thought that it would be Vice Admiral Garp!! :eek:

This chapter just goes to show you just why I love this manga so much. I'm gonna go crazy waiting for 432 now!

And two thumbs up for Robin in the colorspread. :D

ChaosK
Thu, 10-19-2006, 07:29 PM
...What...what...WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? HOLY SHIT!!!!

All along I assumed it was Saul!

Deblas thanks for that orgasmic ending...which leaves me sitting her clawing at my wall wanting more.

.noname.silent
Thu, 10-19-2006, 07:49 PM
wow, thumbs up for the surprise.

Deblas
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
431 scanlation (http://rapidshare.de/files/37418240/OP_-_431_-_MQ-HQ.rar.html) is out...

edit: Now that I looked at it. The trans for this scan is not that good. =/

Honoko
Thu, 10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
What the heck??? Gah, a week is too long of a wait..... >_<

Now hold on... this is the guy that chased after Gol D. Roger? What the hell kind of family is D.?? More questions.... no answers....

Stoopider
Fri, 10-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Garp is Luffy's Grandpa.

And he's the same person training the pink hair and the son of the captain from the very very first arc. Aren't they? Kinda cool. I think they would meet each other very very soon.

Oh, this keeps getting better and bettter. Btw, was it Zoro's cursed sword that got melted? I really hoped he kept Funkfried (The elephant sword), would be kinda cute and lots of hilarity would have ensued if Zoro kept Funkfried (Halfway chopping through a baddie, and funkfried changes into a elephant in Zoro's mouth because it fell asleep).

tensai
Fri, 10-20-2006, 03:17 AM
I think the sword that got melted was the sword that sword salesmen gave to him, the one that was his families (not 100% sure if this is correct)

but it isnt the cursed sword, i think

and I too, thought that Saul was Luffy's grandpa, because Aokiji said that he had faced him before. So this was quite aa suprise

.noname.silent
Fri, 10-20-2006, 05:51 AM
mangatraders hq scan

http://www.mangatraders.com/download/file/4481

i dont know if zoro kept the broken sword, but he still has three swords on his waist.

Deblas
Fri, 10-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Did anyone notice this?

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/Rankyaku/cobymeppo.jpg

Since when did they turn bishonen...haha.

Onineku
Fri, 10-20-2006, 10:21 AM
coby and helmeppo's trainer!

Damn, i love this shit!

Stoopider
Fri, 10-20-2006, 04:59 PM
OH yeah. Coby and Helmeppo!

I wonder how strong are they now... :)

Does this mean that.. Gold Roger is not that grandfather... so Gold Roger is probably an granduncle? Or Garp's brother?

.noname.silent
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:22 PM
should've seen this before. i don't know if the manga showed it, but in the anime there was an episode where garp takes in coby and helmeppo. in that episode, he was being just as stupid as luffy was, how many donuts can he eat before falling asleep. luffy is just like him. man, it was shown right in front of my face.

-edit-

Oh, this keeps getting better and bettter. Btw, was it Zoro's cursed sword that got melted? I really hoped he kept Funkfried (The elephant sword), would be kinda cute and lots of hilarity would have ensued if Zoro kept Funkfried (Halfway chopping through a baddie, and funkfried changes into a elephant in Zoro's mouth because it fell asleep).

actually if you read from past chapters of the manga, zoro had four swords (even though he doesnt use four). he used that sword to get out of the chimney he was stuck in after the first encounter with CP9.

Munsu
Fri, 10-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Do you remember which episodes by any chance? Might be worth checking them out again, since I probably skipped them because I hate those two characters.

ChaosK
Fri, 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
OH yeah. Coby and Helmeppo!

I wonder how strong are they now... :)

Does this mean that.. Gold Roger is not that grandfather... so Gold Roger is probably an granduncle? Or Garp's brother?

...father? I mean how old is Luffy?

Deblas
Fri, 10-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Do you remember which episodes by any chance? Might be worth checking them out again, since I probably skipped them because I hate those two characters.

It was a very short filler. Episode 68 and 69.

@chaos: Luffy is 17. There's no way Gold Roger could be his father.

kAi
Sat, 10-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Awesome chapter.

I didn't think that was going to happen I thought they were going to have some kind of talk, not a fight though.

Now, the next ship they get is the one they're going to have for the rest of the series, or a good long part of it. As it's made of the same wood that the Roger's ship was made of.

Carnage
Sun, 10-22-2006, 11:31 AM
WOW this was an awsome chapter.

Im really hoping that franky not only builds the ship, but joins the crew as well. The more comic relief characters, the merrier!:D

ChaosK
Sun, 10-22-2006, 12:41 PM
actually if you read from past chapters of the manga, zoro had four swords (even though he doesnt use four). he used that sword to get out of the chimney he was stuck in after the first encounter with CP9.

Wait but Zoro only carries three swords around with him, so where did that fourth disappear to.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 10-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Zoro never had four swords at once, I'm 99% sure of it.

Deblas
Sun, 10-22-2006, 12:58 PM

Zoro only has three swords (Wadou Ichimonji[white scabbard], Yubashiri[black scabbard] and Sandai Kitetsu[cursed red scabbard]). The sword he used to get out of the chimney was the Sandai Kitetsu which he dropped when Lucchi threw him out of the room in Iceburg's place. That's why Chopper had it.

.noname.silent
Sun, 10-22-2006, 03:37 PM
@deblas, xdarkmaster, chaoskiddo

read chapter 363 of one piece manga. chopper gave the kitetsu that zoro asked for to get out of the chimney. whatever happened to the fourth sword, its beyond me, but he indeed in fact had four swords at one point. (like i said before, he doesnt use four swords, he owned four swords.)

xDarkMaster
Sun, 10-22-2006, 03:46 PM
No, he didn't.

If you are refering to this (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter363aqualaguna.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3642), or this (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter363aqualaguna.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3650) did it ever occur to you that Chopper has Zoro's third sword and that Zoro just has an empty sheath?

ChaosK
Sun, 10-22-2006, 05:25 PM
No, he didn't.

If you are refering to this (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter363aqualaguna.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3642), or this (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter363aqualaguna.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3650) did it ever occur to you that Chopper has Zoro's third sword and that Zoro just has an empty sheath?

Yeah, also didn't Zoro confirm it was the Sandai Kitetsu? Since you know, he could "feel" the curse of that one.

Edit: found it Zoro confirms its the Kitetsu (http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/chapter363aqualaguna.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3650)

Edit2: ah I see xDM did find it, sorry before the link wouldn't load for some reason

.noname.silent
Sun, 10-22-2006, 05:57 PM
No, he didn't.

where did chopper get an extra sheath from? note when he came out of the burning galley-la building, the sword had no sheath. when he went to zoro, the sword was sheathed. i doubt chopper had extra time on his hands to find another sheath, unless someone gave him one. besides, when zoro got smacked by lucchi, it never showed him losing grip on his katana. i'll just let you believe whatever you want to believe and i'll just let myself believe whatever i want to believe. if im wrong, so be it.

Deblas
Sun, 10-22-2006, 06:18 PM
where did chopper get an extra sheath from? note when he came out of the burning galley-la building, the sword had no sheath. when he went to zoro, the sword was sheathed. i doubt chopper had extra time on his hands to find another sheath, unless someone gave him one. besides, when zoro got smacked by lucchi, it never showed him losing grip on his katana. i'll just let you believe whatever you want to believe and i'll just let myself believe whatever i want to believe. if im wrong, so be it.

Yeah, so be it but so you know in the first manga scan that xDark posted, the sheath that is colored white with some wraps around it is Sandai Kitetsu's sheath. Chopper had the actual sword which was covered with a cloth.

And BTW, Chopper never carried a sword before he ran out of the burning building. I doubt Chopper had the time to go back to where they were staying and get his "fourth" sword. :rolleyes:

Stoopider
Sun, 10-22-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't think he needs to have a fourth sword. Though the third sword he was fighting with after he broke one, looked like a typical marines sword though. He could just pick up any from the floor. Doesn't really matter.

Though I wished he could still have Funkfried. :)

Deblas
Sun, 10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Well yeah it does matter a little. He needs good swords to be able to withstand his fights. Those two black swords he had back in east blue were shattered with ease by Mihawk. The only reason the Wadou and the two swords he got at lougetown survived this long was because how finely crafted they were. If he keeps that marine sword it won't be long till it breaks.

Zhan
Wed, 10-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Obviously this time he's not going to get any normal sword..another cursed sword or maybe a sword that has some special ability e.g. Mihawk's black sword can change the course of bullets and stuff.

Stoopider
Wed, 10-25-2006, 01:39 AM
Thats what I said. :) Would be cool if he gets a legendary sword or something. Something absolutely out of this world.

It might be about that in the next ARC! Wohohohohooooo.

-----------------
Btw, there is one translation, I can't remember which translator that did it. He said that Luffy's new ship would be a flying ship? Unless it's a parody version... Can anyone concur with that?

And... What do you think their new ship is going to be called?

Battle Franky? Going Merry 2? aaaargh! I can't wait for this Friday!

.noname.silent
Wed, 10-25-2006, 04:52 AM
Obviously this time he's not going to get any normal sword..another cursed sword or maybe a sword that has some special ability e.g. Mihawk's black sword can change the course of bullets and stuff.

mihawks sword didnt change the course of the bullets, mihawk changed the course of the bullets.

@stoopider, he said his dream was to build a ship that can go anywhere, not fly.

tensai
Wed, 10-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Franky did mention something about an airship when he was talking about the dream ship

but, that could be just a mistranslation

Zhan
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Heres like, the whole script and some pictures for the next chapter from mangahelpers.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=9932.0

ChaosK
Wed, 10-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Holy mother fucking @#$!(@$ of !#@$* the #$(! and !@#$(!@# of the !@(!$#@ has "!(@!$) and the !*@$*!$!

...Yeeeeah, anyway I just watched Logue Town arc in the anime over too, what a coincidence.

These last two chapters are orgasmic revelations

My favorite part

XXX: "Then...!! YYY is Vice Admiral Garp's child!!? What the hell is wrong with this family!!!"

Stoopider
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Whole family of MadMen! Not only that, but also have relations to other MadMen!

Luffy will be the fifth Emporer!

Deblas
Wed, 10-25-2006, 11:50 PM
I sure do love the weekly One Piece chapter spoilers...but lets wait till the chapter is out to actually discuss it. =|

Jadugar
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:41 AM
OMG!

I just read the last two chapters ( 230,231 ) and I am very excited by the revelations.

Going Merry finally parted the Straw hats. That was a sad and a very moving moment. Oda did justice to Merry by finally letting her go. We will miss her greatly. R.I.P.

So we finally meet Luffy’s grandfather and he is a marine, awesome! That was a real shocker and he faced the pirate king in his time. Oda sure has a way of grabbing our attention. He has been working in an overdrive since the Enies Lobby arc started. The story just keeps getting better and better not to mention the fights. To think that Oda planned getting the treasure tree through Franky before EL started is remarkable. The deep root of the story is why I love this manga.

Can’t wait for the next chapter and the new ship.

animus
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:44 AM
I surely thought Gold Roger or (Gol D. Roger) was gonna be Luffy's Grandfather due to the name of "D." Guess not. Maybe his grandfather and Roger are brothers? XD. Also, I was hoping for Franky to be staying with the crew as a new member. But seeing as how Franky represented Tom, and Tom had just made a ship for Roger and stayed behind, Franky might do the same. Boo.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:13 AM
It sure looks that way that Franky is not going to be on the new ship that he is going to build. His dream is to make a dream ship just like Tom-san. He doesn’t have ambitions to be a pirate, dammit.

The LQ scan is out, all we need now is a translation.

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:23 AM
He might still tag along. He's a wanted criminal.

Don't really know whats his hopes and dreams. I guess compared to the others, his hopes of creating the Pirates Kings ship will be complete. I think he might just want to stay to fulfill that Luffy does become the pirate king.

Jadugar
Thu, 10-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, we are all hoping that Franky will join the Luffy’s crew. His character will bring so much hilarity to the group. Just thinking of Franky doing his trademark stance,“Do the Franky” on the new ship makes me laugh. He will have so much fun with Chopper, Ussop and Luffy. I don’t see Nami hitting him on the head any time soon to press her authority.

The cleaned Raw and the translation are here.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10240.0

Zati
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah really hope Franky will join in the Straw Hats they need a guy like him! I was surprised to that Garp was his grandfather and I wonder what will happen between Luffy and him? Will they fight or will he let him go or something?

EDIT : I just read the translations from the mangahelpers site man its getting interesting and good another shocker and great surprise!

Deblas
Thu, 10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm loving this. I've been waiting so long for Oda to reveal more on Luffy's past and family and I couldn't be more shocked.

And I really like how Garp's personality is similar to Luffy and Ace and how Luffy just cowers in fear with his grandpa. :p

Now I can't wait to see Dragon and see if Luffy joins in. Like I said before, when it was revealed in Robin's flashback that there was a powerful kingdom in the past that today's WG invaded. The story changed from a treasure hunt to the last island to something much more.

ChaosK
Thu, 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM
LQ Scan by Berwyn (http://rapidshare.com/files/787852/ONE_PIECE_432.zip.html)

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 06:31 PM
arigato chaos

Honoko
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:07 PM
First off: Thank, Chaos for the scan ^^v

Now:

WHAT. THE. FUCK. 430 some-odd chapters in and it's one plot twist after another! Oda is amazing!!! This series is amazing!!! Did I say it was amazing? God, I've turned into a drooling fangirl... only Oda can make me laugh and die in shock at the same time....

PS-- the Luffy and Zoro "huh" look on pg. 14 at the bottom is hilarious. It's goes up there w/ Zoro and Sanji's fob pose :D

ChaosK
Thu, 10-26-2006, 08:28 PM
WHAT. THE. FUCK. 430 some-odd chapters in and it's one plot twist after another! Oda is amazing!!! This series is amazing!!! Did I say it was amazing? God, I've turned into a drooling fangirl... only Oda can make me laugh and die in shock at the same time....

PS-- the Luffy and Zoro "huh" look on pg. 14 at the bottom is hilarious. It's goes up there w/ Zoro and Sanji's fob pose :D

Honoko, I agree with you and find it amazing that Oda plans ahead this much. He introduced Dragon a long time ago, and Garp he introduced as a seemingly minor character that would never bee seen again, only to have them be Luffy's direct family!

Also that look was hilarious.

And, is it me or did Coby like double in height, and suddenly become "main character" worthy? Not as in he's going to join the pirate crew, as in he suddenly looks like he might be the main character of something. Before, he looked like a pipsqueak that you could shove aside with one a finger.

Also, apparently Loguetown is Roguetown which makes a lot more sense in the translation.

Deblas
Thu, 10-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Also, apparently Loguetown is Roguetown which makes a lot more sense in the translation.

Its actually Loguetown. Also the fact that Oda wrote it in plain english as Loguetown, remember the town is called the Town of the Beggining and the End. What could be another word for a beggining and ending? Prologue and Epilogue

Stoopider
Thu, 10-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Hahah. Deblas might be right. I love it when Japanese like to play with words.

When everyone was screaming "Wtf is wrong with this family" just doesn't cut the cheese of whats happening! :D This manga is aweeeeeeeeeeesome!.. Omg omg omg omg.. *checks pants*

Zati
Fri, 10-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah this was a great chapter. I was surprised and blown away like a lot of people by Oda again with all the things he comes up with. Can't believe Dragon was Luffy's dad and his dad is well known also carries the name Monkey D too and then seeing grown up Coby and Helmeppo.

Would be great to see Luffy join in with his father can't wait just keeps getting better and better as always. So Luffy, Garp, Dragon all three of them carry the name Monkey D so far. I wonder what meaning is it and why Portgas doesn't carry the Monkey name could it be they don't share the same father and who are their mother? lol so much things you can come up with

Stoopider
Fri, 10-27-2006, 03:21 AM
Probably to hide his identity from Whitebeard. Sounds like the plot is thickening...

I wonder whats the next arc going to be about.. Going after Dragon? Or just to the next island? They seem to introduce old marine characters to the front page again, Captain Smoker, Tashigi, Captain Hina and Tsuru (some marine commander). Is the next arc going to be about marines? Darn.. I was thinking it would be Zoro finding some badass magical sword or some shit.

Zati
Fri, 10-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Yeah a lot of stuff with marines but I wonder if they will go find the musician they are looking for heh.

.noname.silent
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:21 AM
Yeah this was a great chapter. I was surprised and blown away like a lot of people by Oda again with all the things he comes up with. Can't believe Dragon was Luffy's dad and his dad is well known also carries the name Monkey D too and then seeing grown up Coby and Helmeppo.

Would be great to see Luffy join in with his father can't wait just keeps getting better and better as always. So Luffy, Garp, Dragon all three of them carry the name Monkey D so far. I wonder what meaning is it and why Portgas doesn't carry the Monkey name could it be they don't share the same father and who are their mother? lol so much things you can come up with

portgas is just a cousin i thought.

Carnage
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Man, when Oda said he's about half way done, at first it seemed a little unrealistic. But now, I can definatly see this going on for another 450 chapters. :D :D

HQ is on its way!

To the batcave!:cool:

animus
Fri, 10-27-2006, 07:26 AM
No, Ace is Luffy's brother. They both say they are brothers. Anyways, isn't Garp supposed to be Admiral. He wore a dog's headcover/mask or something. And in Aokiji's explanation of the three admirals, one of them is supposed to be "Red Dog" isn't it? Oh well. Anyways, great chapter with a lot of stuff revealed. Now we know why Dragon saved Luffy from Smoker back in Loguetown. Also, of those "Four Emperors" one is yet to revealed? Is Blackbeard one of them? I can't really tell from that picture. I also found it kinda odd that Coby and Helmeppo doubled in height.. Oh well, anyways them finally developping into characters is a good thing. We thought he was just going to be some roadkill fodder from the early chapters, never to be shown again, but Oda has a good awareness when writing his story.

Stoopider
Fri, 10-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Aokiji isn't his real name right? It's Shenzen or something like that. Someone have to go back and check in the earlier episodes.
Wow, your right, Garp is probably the Red Dog. The Top 3 Admirals. :p.Cool.

Munsu
Fri, 10-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Akainu and Garp are not the same person...

animus
Fri, 10-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Akainu and Garp are not the same person...

Maybe, but I thought they were because Garp was wearing this dog helmet/mask thing. Also, in an earlier anime episode, though it might've been a filler where it shows Coby and Helmeppo training hard under Garp, it says that Garp is an Admiral, and not a Vice Admiral. Bah.

Munsu
Fri, 10-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Sorry, but you're mistaken. They call him Vice Admiral. Don't know what subs your watching, but it should say Vice Admiral.

Akainu used to be Vice Admiral Sakazuki, we saw him in Nico's flashback.

animus
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:11 PM
It was a Kaizoku Fansub subbed episode. =/. But man, it would've been better if Garp was an admiral, being a vice admiral seems a little less special, since he's Luffy's grandpappy and all.

ChaosK
Fri, 10-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Can't believe Dragon was Luffy's dad and his dad is well known also carries the name Monkey D too and then seeing grown up Coby and Helmeppo.

I know surprised about this, you'd think with that kind of name, the reputation Luffy automatically starts with is already high, but it would seem like Dragon's identity was only recently revealed? Or perhaps few know his full name.

Maybe, but I thought they were because Garp was wearing this dog helmet/mask thing. Also, in an earlier anime episode, though it might've been a filler where it shows Coby and Helmeppo training hard under Garp, it says that Garp is an Admiral, and not a Vice Admiral. Bah.

Fillers aren't a reliable source of information. If I recall correctly, that fatass who was chasing after dragons or something in the Apis filler was called an admiral too, but later it was revealed there were only four and he sure as hell weren't one of them.

kyubisrage
Fri, 10-27-2006, 09:04 PM
wTF!!! anyone know where I can find the chapter when dragon saves luffy.. I gotta see this shit..

Zati
Sat, 10-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Edited : I took out the links was my mistake sorry last night(tired wasn't thinking) should discuss here not links to discussion from mangahelpers.

Deblas
Sat, 10-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Zati, why one Earth are you linking Mangahelpers discussions? Shouldn't we discuss those things here instead of just linking topics from another forum?

Stoopider
Sat, 10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Traitor!! Lol. I hang out at Mangahelpers often too. Good website.
But my home is in Gotwoot! Been here since the good ol days when fans had a difficult choice choosing between Anbu-Aone Fansubs and ToriyamaWorld Fansubs. :P

Yeah.. Discuss it here Zati ! *angry*

Zati
Sat, 10-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok sorry wasn't thinking last night should be discussed here and I like Gotwoot more too but I thought for people that are interested in more discussions and some helpful info would like those links not that I like the site more or anything. Sorry about that shouldn't have posted links for manga discussions on One Piece from another site and of course Gotwoot is better not just saying that been reading on this site since 2004 but was lurking around :)

Anyways back on topic nevermind about the Straw Hats looking for a musician because Franky could be considered as one too heh and still hoping to see the new bounties for Luffy, Zoro, Robin, and the new bounties for the rest of the crew should be ones for them.

Stoopider
Sat, 10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
No worries. :)

rockmanj
Sun, 10-29-2006, 08:47 AM
I wonder why ace has a different name than luffy, his grandfather and father?? Maybe he's a bastard child (and i guess luffy is too, if he wasnt aware that he even had a father)

Stoopider
Sun, 10-29-2006, 09:21 AM
PRobably to disguise his identity from Whitebeard? Or like some suggests, that Ace might not be Luffy's brother in blood, rather just another D. but a brother in training.

ChaosK
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Will is Garp's name "Monkey D. Garp"?

Deblas
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:30 PM
^
The chapter said it was didn't it?

Ace not having Monkey in his name is curious though. Maybe the next chapter will explain it or maybe we'll have more suprises...Nami is really Shanks daughter, Zoro is actually Akainu, Sanji is a overcompensating homosexual!!

I would honestly love that last one...:p

Honoko
Sun, 10-29-2006, 11:36 PM
lmao on homo-Sanji.... that would definitely take the cake.

rockmanj
Mon, 10-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Why all the sanji hate?? although that curly eyebrow thing is a bit curious...

Stoopider
Mon, 10-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Nah, he's not gay.

I think Sanji would eventually marry a fat girl.

I don't know why. I just feeel it... He would. And he would live happily ever after. AFter finding the all-blue, and after Luffy becomes the Pirate King.

Even if she's not fat to begin with, he'll feed her so much eventually she'll get fat. :P

Azaz31
Mon, 10-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Nah, he's not gay.

I think Sanji would eventually marry a fat girl.

I don't know why. I just feeel it... He would. And he would live happily ever after. AFter finding the all-blue, and after Luffy becomes the Pirate King.

Even if she's not fat to begin with, he'll feed her so much eventually she'll get fat. :P

Maybe he comes up with a dish that doesn't make you fat no matter how much you eat?

Honoko
Mon, 10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Why all the sanji hate?? although that curly eyebrow thing is a bit curious...
It's not hate... it's just a very interesting direction to take that character to, after all that we've seen about him :p

Stoopider
Mon, 10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Maybe he comes up with a dish that doesn't make you fat no matter how much you eat?

Impossible. Everyone knows the fun part about eating so much is getting fat. If there's no fat people, who's to laugh at them?

kAi
Mon, 10-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Wow, awesome chapter.
After learning who the Grandfather is, we learn the father straight after, and he was the total badass that smoker did nothing against. Now we learn he is the biggest badass out there.

I'd agree with some of the other people here and say that Gol. D Roger is probably Luffy's uncle or something.

I can't believe how well this has been thought out, Oda would be one of the better mangakas out there for thinking about such details before hand.

Stoopider
Mon, 10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Yup. He's a true genius. :) THe best manga for me!

Jadugar
Mon, 10-30-2006, 10:33 PM
The chapter said it was didn't it?

Ace not having Monkey in his name is curious though. Maybe the next chapter will explain it or maybe we'll have more suprises...Nami is really Shanks daughter, Zoro is actually Akainu, Sanji is a overcompensating homosexual!!

I would honestly love that last one...:p

Your girly Puerto Rican ass should know better to label Sanji as an overcompensating homosexual. Don’t make me sit on you. :D

He is metro sexual. He is someone who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time on his appearance.

Getting back to the topic…..

“Those 4 pirates that rule the back half of Grandline as Kings are called, The Yonkou.”

So two more characters other than Shanks and Whitebeard have not been introduced yet. When I was reading that line in the manga, “pirate summit” sprung to my mind. I think Luffy would be meeting one of these soon.

Deblas
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I won't rule it out.... and hey, I'm not girly!... =O

Anyway, I can't believe just how huge Garp is. Sanji is about 5'10 and he reaches up to his chest. I'm betting Luffy will be that tall when he grows up.

And Coby sure has one hell of a scar on his forehead. He could have picked a cooler headband though. =/

Jadugar
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:45 PM
He could have picked a cooler headband though. =/

You are girly.

Nah, I am just messing with you.

Oda said that he is about half way done. I am worried that how is he going to wrap up all the loose ends considering the 4 kings, World Government and Luffy’s dream of becoming Pirate King. I am expecting One Piece to be more involved than ever.

ChaosK
Mon, 10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Luffy unfortunately won't be meeting Shanks or Whitebeard, so it'll have to be one of the two unknowns, possibly both.

I wonder if Ace is still chasing after Blackbeard or perhaps if he's returned to command the 2nd fleet.

Also, Coby looks recognizable but what the fuck happened to Helemeppo? and, Coby's headband thing for some reason reminds me of naruto...

Deblas
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:00 AM
Oda said that he is about half way done.

I've always been hearing that since maybe Skypiea but in a recent SBS:

D: Hi, Oda-sensei! I have a serious question. One Piece has been going on for quite some time, hasn't it? Have you thought of the ending already? Though personally, I wouldn't mind if it continued on forever. One Piece is the BEST!!! from Mac

O: I've answered this in some magazines and interviews. Originally, my plan was that One Piece would continue for five years. I've always had the climax in my head from the start, I've just been working toward it since. But my original estimates were a bit short, and I was unable to finish up my story within five years (ROFL). And now our pirates have been adventuring for nine years, and I have no idea how much longer they will be at it (hey!).

DON!

Jadugar
Tue, 10-31-2006, 12:12 AM
I would love to see One Piece go on for another nine years. That would be awesome but I want it to be of same quality content that we have seen so far from Oda.

Yes,

Do it with the DON.

kAi
Tue, 10-31-2006, 06:51 PM
If he can keep it up with the same amount of awesomeness that it has done already, it's great news.

I like how he already has an ending, it's just getting upto that point which is making the story. Also Hawkeyes isn't one of the four apparently.

ChaosK
Tue, 10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Also Hawkeyes isn't one of the four apparently.

Hawkeye is a shichibukai(sp). It's unclear why he did become one considering most of the greatest pirates don't. I can't imagine Shanks or Whitebeard bowing down and taking orders from the marines which is why it's questionable why Hawkeyes would since he also seems like one with no cares for establishment or rules.

So so far we know Shanks and Whitebeard, but what I don't understand is why do they compare all of them to Whitebeard. They said the four emperors are the ones with power equal to Whitebeard, but I don't see why they'd compare the group to someone in the group... the only reason I can think of is that Whitebeard is the most famous.

Munsu
Tue, 10-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Whitebeard is said to be the one closest to becoming the Pirate King, and he rivaled Gol D. Roger as far as I remember... So why wouldn't you compare them to him?

Stoopider
Wed, 11-01-2006, 01:16 AM
Just a comparison I guess. What other level of scale are we going to compare them to?

Hmm.. Level of bounty?.. Hehehe. But It's just a comparison I reckon. No biggie.

ChaosK
Wed, 11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Whitebeard is said to be the one closest to becoming the Pirate King, and he rivaled Gol D. Roger as far as I remember... So why wouldn't you compare them to him?

I don't recall the part about rivaling Gol D. Roger but that would explain his age.

animus
Wed, 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
It was stated that Whitebeard is currently the "Strongest Man", and their pirate group as a whole is known as the Whitebeards.

Jadugar
Thu, 11-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't recall the part about rivaling Gol D. Roger but that would explain his age.

I am sure someone in the manga or anime said that, in this era he is as close as you can get to a pirate king. The only thing he doesn’t have is the “one piece”.

Only Deblas can dig up such vital information.

tensai
Thu, 11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Buggy the clown mentioned Whitebeard and him being the closest to reaching one piece

It was when Ace showed up on Buggy's ship, forgot what the exact chapter number was

KoKo37
Thu, 11-02-2006, 01:26 AM
Buggy said that Whitebeard was capable of fighting equally with Gol D. Roger, he also said "Today, he is without a doubt the strongest pirate in the world!" and "The one person who is closest to obtaining the greatest treasure ever, One Piece!" on episode 145 in the anime, but I can't recall which chapter in the manga he said this.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5657/vlcsnap371842io8vm8.png

Augury
Thu, 11-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Volume 25, Chapter 233, page 12.
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7483/onepiece23312jl8.jpg

Jadugar
Thu, 11-02-2006, 08:39 AM
So there we have it. Thanx for Koko and Augury for providing the info.

So if Luffy wants to be a pirate king then he will have to defeat Whitwbeard. I think Luffy also said that to Ace when they were in Arabista. He told him that he might have to kiss Ace’s ass too if he is one of Whitebeard gang.

Zati
Thu, 11-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Here is the One Piece 433 MQ RAW
One Piece 433 RAW MQ Scan (http://www.sendspace.com/file/ai904e)

Translation of the RAW can be found here :
One Piece 433 Translation - Penguin Zero (http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=9734)

ChaosK
Thu, 11-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh shit the last two pages sent chills down my spine and now I'm left with apprehension.

Jadugar
Thu, 11-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Here is a MQ scanlation :

http://rapidshare.com/files/1730538/One_Piece_C433_by_Kokotas_and_Cez.rar

I will let all of you read through it, then we will discuss it.

Remember to breath after you have finished.

Deblas
Thu, 11-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Haha. "That's just 'cause I'm showing my love for my grandson!" Thats right kids, when your family beats you it means they love you very much.

Everything that has been revealed in these past chapters make me think that the end of One Piece will come in two or three more years. *sniff*

When Coby talked about how he was going to fight him as an Admiral one day in the New World makes me pretty certain that Oda is planning on doing a heavy time skip. Actually I always thought that since there is just no way Luffy could sail the whole Grand Line in over one year. =/

Stoopider
Thu, 11-02-2006, 09:31 PM
One Piece has just jumped another level for me.

Though I reckon the next arc would be something silly at first, not something mindblowing as of yet. Concerning the pirate age. Theres still a few things needing to be wrapped up before they can go for another crazy adventure, Zoro still needs a new sword, maybe Dr. Begabanks would be involved. And Sogeking could use some sea-stone bullets or weapons.

ChaosK
Fri, 11-03-2006, 12:28 AM
When Coby talked about how he was going to fight him as an Admiral one day in the New World makes me pretty certain that Oda is planning on doing a heavy time skip. Actually I always thought that since there is just no way Luffy could sail the whole Grand Line in over one year. =/

I don't see OP as an anime/manga capable of a time skip. It seems every single adventure of the mugiwara must be shown, because Luffy and co. all kick it up a notch at each stops. These arcs are stepping stones for them to reach the top (one piece, pirate summit, whatever you want to call it). A time skip would require that basically nothing significant was done in that time, and Luffy never has an insignificant adventure.

Deblas
Fri, 11-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Still, time does play an important part too. Oda has been going at it for nine whole years now and in One Piece, no more than two or three months have passed since they reached the Grand Line.

The last destination will be Raftel, or somewhere very close to it. No doubt about that. But unless Franky builds a ship with built in rockets in them it will be impossible for them to reach that area in such a short period of time. And we can't forget the Strawhat's dreams either. Nami's world map, Chopper finding a cure for all illnesses, Zoro beating Mihawk. Those thing couldn't possibly be done in less than a year.

So unless Oda plans to keep on Drawing One Piece until we reach our 50's. I don't see any other way for him to get to these points unless there is a time skip.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-03-2006, 04:48 AM
It's a masterpiece of a lifetime! :)

.noname.silent
Fri, 11-03-2006, 09:08 AM
its funny how the manga has the backward swastika and the anime has the bones. wonder when will people realize that the backward swastika has nothing to do with being a nazi.

Honoko
Fri, 11-03-2006, 09:54 AM
its funny how the manga has the backward swastika and the anime has the bones. wonder when will people realize that the backward swastika has nothing to do with being a nazi.
not really wanting to get off topic, but there have been books written on this subject and most agree that the swastika (and anything resembling it) may be the one symbol that will be forever irredeemable. A symbol that's associated with 6 million deaths (and then some) will take centuries for people to get over.

back on topic:
So, Shanks and Whitebeard! Can't wait to see that exchange :D And I love how so much info was crammed into this chapter. Seastone research, Robin/Aokiji exchange, Shanks/Whitebeard teaser ^^ *turns into drooling fangirl again*

.noname.silent
Fri, 11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
one piece > naruto

just for the characters in the storyline, and how the story is going on up to this point.

Jadugar
Fri, 11-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Haha. "That's just 'cause I'm showing my love for my grandson!" Thats right kids, when your family beats you it means they love you very much.

Right…it all makes sense now.

Everything that has been revealed in these past chapters make me think that the end of One Piece will come in two or three more years. *sniff*

Don’t jinx it. It took him nine years to get here. I am hoping for another 9 or more.

one piece > naruto

just for the characters in the storyline, and how the story is going on up to this point.

I think One Piece has always been bigger than Naruto in Japan.

Kensee
Tue, 11-07-2006, 07:36 AM

I tell you, without of doubt, this is truth!

Edit: Ack, man so many things comming up, whats gonna happen next. I never thought I would like One Piece before I acutally picked it up and started reading it (yeah ... I wasnt too impressed by the English dubbed version), and yeah now I need my fix >.<.

Damn you oda!

animus
Tue, 11-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Interesting, so Saul is also a D. What's the connection? All the other D.'s so far have been human, and now we have a giant. What could D. possibly be?

Stoopider
Tue, 11-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Some ancient family line, or probably the last survivors of an ancient civilization wiped out. I think the ancient civilization used to be on Raftel Island, just like how Ohara was wiped out off the map. The survivors of that island are people with the D family name. I think.

Jadugar
Thu, 11-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Are you ready ?

LQ RAW

http://www.sendspace.com/file/471vw7

Translation :

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.msg212683#msg212683

Zati
Thu, 11-09-2006, 02:27 PM
MQ Scanlation by Emery

To read online (http://www.trankten.com/manga/index.php?)

sendspace download (http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2qaro)

They finally meet! Awesome chapter heh Shanks was an apprentice kid on Gol D. Roger's ship and we get to know about Blackbeard and how he could be a threat. Shanks and Whitebeard clash!

Death13a
Thu, 11-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Man their clash has split the sky. Shanks doesn't look at least weaker then Whitebeard with one hand.

kAi
Thu, 11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
One Piece just keeps getting better.

Shanks and White beard draw weapons and split the heavens, damn that was cool.

It's nice to see Shanks and Whitebeard have a conversation like this, two of the best pirates on the sea. Why the urgency to bring back Ace from attacking Blackbeard (well it happened a bit late). I wonder how this is going to go down. With the way Shanks said it, it brings me to believe that Ace wont be able to handle this task. Although, he does seem like he'd be able to.

Shanks was an apprentice on Gol. D Roger's ship with Buggy (that sounds wrong), I like how he said he gave his arm for the future, instead of a Luffy.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Woahahahaahh..

White Beard Vs Red hair Shanks (Formerly Straw Hat SHanks)
Black Beard Vs Ace

... I don't know who's going to win, WB or Shanks. But I think Ace is going to lose. Probably get captured. And Luffy's going to save him!

Augury
Fri, 11-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Yeah, this chapter really does set up Ace to lose vs Blackbeard. I'm interested in seeing how he'll be able to defeat a logia power - and fire at that. Fire tends to be portrayed the "strongest element" out of the core elements from Asian mythology.

These "in between arcs" chapters are a lot more enjoyable than the one versus one grind that ends the latter half of each arc. There's much more story progression and character variety.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-10-2006, 11:53 AM
We don't know what BlackBeard's power is. He could be another Devil Fruit user.

If it's not by brute strength, it's probably using Sea-Stone weapons.

ChaosK
Fri, 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately foreshadowing shows Ace will lose. However, Ace should win, and Shanks should lose. Don't get me wrong, Shanks is awesome but when he's fighting against Whitebeard, I think it'd be insane just to let him pull a victory miraculously.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Both might lose. Shanks and Ace I mean. Though it seems the reason Shanks is fighting WhiteBeard is dodgy. Probably it's more of a friendly fight. Not a fight till the death or a battle of dominance. Shanks just asked WB to call off Ace's attack. That is all their fighting for.

But, if BlackBeard commited such a horrible crime of killing his own nakama, how come WhiteBeard sent Ace Alone? Sounds dodgy no? Sounds like WhiteBeard might have alterior motives.

Augury
Fri, 11-10-2006, 09:10 PM
The way Shanks vs Whitebeard was presented doesn't make it feel like a type of fight that will have a definite resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Shanks and Whitebeard for a while.

.noname.silent
Sat, 11-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Both might lose. Shanks and Ace I mean. Though it seems the reason Shanks is fighting WhiteBeard is dodgy. Probably it's more of a friendly fight. Not a fight till the death or a battle of dominance. Shanks just asked WB to call off Ace's attack. That is all their fighting for.

But, if BlackBeard commited such a horrible crime of killing his own nakama, how come WhiteBeard sent Ace Alone? Sounds dodgy no? Sounds like WhiteBeard might have alterior motives.

b/c black beard killed someone in the 2nd division, and guess who is the 2nd division commander? ace, so he has to take responsibility of the situation and avenge his nakama who was in his division.

as far as white beard v. shanks fight is concerned. i can't really say who's going to win. i want to say white beard but he's getting old and i.v.'s attached to his freaking body.

ChaosK
Sat, 11-11-2006, 01:10 PM
I think after a few dramatic moments, the Shanks vs Whitebeard fight will just stop.

Ace and Blackbeard, will either go to the death, or result in Blackbeard running away.

Jadugar
Sat, 11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I think after a few dramatic moments, the Shanks vs Whitebeard fight will just stop.

Isnt the government watching over this fight. It’s the meeting between two hugely powerful and influential pirates and this could upset the balance of the power. Maybe they will intervene. On the other hand, maybe one of the other two-pirate kings will show up. Oda is on a streak of revealing things, so why not introduce them.

Ace and Blackbeard, will either go to the death, or result in Blackbeard running
away.

Shanks said that balckbeard might come after whitebeard’s position. So I am thinking that its not the end for him. Ace is going to lose or will be hurt badly.

Zati
Thu, 11-16-2006, 05:45 PM
One Piece 435 HQ Raw!

sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/q2qd4w)
rapidshare (http://rapidshare.com/files/3579447/op435.rar.html)

Translation by Zede05 (http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=10936.0)

Nice! Finally we get to see the bounties!!

Honoko
Thu, 11-16-2006, 07:17 PM
very cool! does anyone happen to know what the bounties were before?

p0ltergeist
Thu, 11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Luffy: 100,000,000
Zoro: 60,000,000

Azaz31
Thu, 11-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Robin: 79,000,000 (since 20 years)

Jadugar
Thu, 11-16-2006, 08:57 PM
So Luffy is now a Shubakai material with 300 million beri, isn’t he. Maybe he will get an offer to join the Shubakai.

lol @ Choppers bounty.

Deblas
Thu, 11-16-2006, 08:57 PM
This chapter just rocks in so many ways. I honestly wanted the gag of Sanji not having a bounty for a while longer but this makes it even better. I can't wait till next chapter for Zoro to say something to him lol.

Namis bounty picture....very nice. &#176;&#176;b

Anyways, thing that shocked me the most was that they are going to Merman Island now. Reminded me of this SBS question:

D: Where do you learn fishman karate? Please tell me.
O: At "Fishman Island". It's about halfway down the Grand Line. It'll probably come around sometime, so just take it easy.

So according to this, we are reaching the halfway point of the Grand Line and on to the new world...sweet.

btw, It's Shichibukai Jad. Not Shubakai.

xDarkMaster
Thu, 11-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Great chapter, seems this story is gaining even more steam which is hard to imagine.

Chopper's bounty still has me laughing.

Stoopider
Thu, 11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
So Luffy is now a Shubakai material with 300 million beri, isn’t he. Maybe he will get an offer to join the Shubakai.

Maybe not. He did declare war on the government, and the government wants Robin dead don't they? I think he's more fitting to be called amongst the 4 emporers.

Mermaid island.. hmm.. I think the big baddie here would be the merman schibukai Jimbei.

Azaz31
Fri, 11-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Maybe not. He did declare war on the government, and the government wants Robin dead don't they? I think he's more fitting to be called amongst the 4 emporers.

Mermaid island.. hmm.. I think the big baddie here would be the merman schibukai Jimbei.

actually, the government wants Robin alive (while translating poneglyphs and secret blueprints)

i wanted the 666th reply, but stoopider got it instead :)

Stoopider
Fri, 11-17-2006, 02:22 AM
It's because I'm grossly more evil-ler than you. Muhahahah.

I don't think the Government needs Robin Alive to translate it. I think the world Government leader (Sengoku?) knows something and its hiding something from the world. Aokiji would, should have killed Robin, but I think he also wants to know the secret of the stones. Might have something to do with Raftel Island, and the Will of D.

Zati
Fri, 11-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Zede05 just released a full translation for anyone that wants and I think people are working on the scanlations now will hopefully be out soon!

Full Translation by Zede05 (http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=10068)

.noname.silent
Fri, 11-17-2006, 11:26 AM
zede05 translated.
ceasarr scanlated.

scanlation OP V.435 (http://rapidshare.com/files/3729043/Chapter_435_by_Cez___kokotas.rar)

Stoopider
Fri, 11-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Tq no name.

Augury
Fri, 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Ah, the crew is back to being poor again.

Sigh, the downside to liking this manga so much is that I follow raws and spoiler threads in other forums and so the scanlation hits about two to three days later. By then it feels like I've already absorbed a lot of talk about the chapter, so it is difficult to string together a coherent first reaction. Reading about Sanji's reaction to merman island and seeing his horribly drawn bounty were hilarious the first time, but not so much during a 4th re-read =T

Although Nami and her mood swings is always charming, that unstable maneating woman. (Am I weird?)

ChaosK
Fri, 11-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Strawhat Luffy, 300 million beli
Zoro the Pirate Hunter, 120 million beli
Nami the Burglar Cat, 16 million beli
Chopper the Cotton Candy Lover [pet], 50 beli
Nico Robin the Child of Demons, 80 million beli
Sogeking the Sharp Shooter, 30 million beli
Sanji the Black Leg [couldn't get a picture], 77 million beli

:D So, when Usopp takes off that mask he has no bounty does he...Also, after this long...Robin's bounty goes up...1 million beli..?

ROFL @ Sanji's picture.

And I like that Sanji is referred as Black Leg now...as Zeff was Red Leg.

It'd be pretty cool to go back to each of their hometowns (just in the manga as a window) to see the reactions of the townspeople.

And it would appear our wishes are coming true, Franky is becoming a Strawhat Pirate!

.noname.silent
Fri, 11-17-2006, 08:02 PM
pretty big jump for sanji's reward from 0 to 77 million beli. and of course, expected to see luffy's bounty to go up there. kind of disappointed to see zoro's bounty.

Stoopider
Fri, 11-17-2006, 09:16 PM
A good enough estimation from the marines I reckon.

animus
Sat, 11-18-2006, 08:00 AM
haha at Chopper's bounty, 50 beli. I bet the paper they printed on costed more than that. XD
So all in all, the Strawhat Pirates are worth a total of 623,000,050 beli =P and once Franky joins, 667,000,050 beli.

Carnage
Sat, 11-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Lol what a great chapter. :)

I think Zoro's and Sanji's bounties should have been higher though...:confused:

I was laughing so hard at the 50 beli bounty of Choppers..:p

Can't wait for next week! :eek:

ChaosK
Sun, 11-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh wow, I thought that said "50 million" beli, now it's hilarious. I assumed automatically that everyone had high bounties.

p0ltergeist
Sun, 11-19-2006, 10:50 PM
I want to see Chopper get his revenge for that humiliating bounty.

*Chopper pops 3 Rumble balls*
"YOU GO SQUISH NOW"

Stoopider
Mon, 11-20-2006, 02:21 AM
I think it's cute he has 50 beli. I don't know whether Chopper is shocked because its so low, or he's shocked because he has a bounty.

.noname.silent
Mon, 11-20-2006, 11:23 AM
he's shocked because it's low. i believe he was happy that he got a bounty, but shocked because it so low.

Deblas
Mon, 11-20-2006, 02:52 PM
I would honestly love to see Chopper in the next chapter over joyed that he has a 50 beli bounty. And from his personality, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. :p

ChaosK
Mon, 11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I would honestly love to see Chopper in the next chapter over joyed that he has a 50 beli bounty. And from his personality, it doesn't seem so far-fetched. :p

You mean he'll stand there smiling while saying "Idiots, I don't want a bounty! :p Giving me a bounty won't make me happy!:D "

Jadugar
Tue, 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
You mean he'll stand there smiling while saying "Idiots, I don't want a bounty! :p Giving me a bounty won't make me happy!:D "

Just add "bastards" at the end of that line. :p

kAi
Wed, 11-22-2006, 05:56 PM
man, no One Piece this week, that sucks.

Augury
Thu, 11-23-2006, 04:45 AM
Ah really? no wonder why there hasn't been spoilers yet, that tuesday stuff is becoming quite regular.

...and to delve into a bit of randomness, I was browsing some fanart and came across this (http://www.gumgum.org/fan/fan14.jpg) by e1n which I thought was pretty funny.

Knives122
Thu, 11-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Ahhhhhhh, I finally decided to read the manga(started from ch. 306 like 2 days ago) and I just got to the point where the Going Merry magically rose from the ocean and saved everyone's asses.

Needless to say I'm pretty much hooked.

kyubisrage
Thu, 11-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Anyone know what chapter dragon saves luffy?

Deblas
Thu, 11-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Anyone know what chapter dragon saves luffy?

Chapter 100...

KoKo37
Thu, 11-30-2006, 12:28 PM
One Piece 436 HQ Raw :

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zy01p)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/5472764/ONE_PIECE_-_436_HQ.zip.html)

Full Translation by pocketmofo (http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?p=403142#post403142)

Zati
Thu, 11-30-2006, 02:24 PM
LQ Scanlation out by Photaibo!

sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/9h1g4s)

Nice! We get to see the new ship and then Luffy trying to make Franky join at the end lol taking his underwear.

animus
Thu, 11-30-2006, 02:51 PM
NIce revealing of the ship. Loony looking lion, and sillyness with Franky's underwear.

Death13a
Thu, 11-30-2006, 04:29 PM
So Usop not joining them... And does the Ship have cannons or crew it self are cannons.

Deblas
Thu, 11-30-2006, 04:46 PM
I should have expected that the figure head would be cartoony. Ohh well, it's not that bad. Sure fits the crews personality.

The new ship is amazing and I can't wait to see more of the inside. I'm especially curious to know what is that room at the back though. Is it the captain's quarters? And that big round thing too. Sort of looks like a rocket booster of some sort.

I have to say though, I'm a little disturbed that Chopper had Franky's speedo in his mouth. >.>

kAi
Thu, 11-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Nice chapter, funny way of bringing in a new member for the ship.
I wonder where Ussop is, he'll be around some time.

Do I see a new Merman crew member coming up? with the Aquarium.
I saw this speculation else where.

p0ltergeist
Thu, 11-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Maybe... I wonder if he/she would also be the musician that Luffy was wanting so bad near the start of the series.

Deblas
Thu, 11-30-2006, 10:01 PM
It sure makes sense for a mermaid to be the Musician that Luffy always wanted. Sanji would be thrilled. :p

After finishing such a huge arc, I really wouldnt mind if the upcoming triangle and merman island arc end up being mini arcs with no huge plot or fights.

So I wonder what will be Luffy's new special seat?

Stoopider
Fri, 12-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Sogeking's already on the ship I think. :) Either that, or he'll shoot himself on the cannon as well.

COol Ship. :) I like it really alot. Its uber cute.

ChaosK
Fri, 12-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Roflmao @ shit with Franky's underwear. If was Chopper...I probably wouldn't put this near my mouth...

Carnage
Sat, 12-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Nice chapter. Cool ship. Silly underwear scheme. I wonder if the lion's head his gonna be Luffy's new "special" seat :p

Deblas
Fri, 12-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Its that time again...

Chapter 437 (http://students.washington.edu/dkn29/ONE%20PIECE%20-%20437%20HQ.zip)

Translation (http://apforums.net/showpost.php?p=409640&postcount=1)

LQ scanlation [dialouge is missing from the chapter] (http://www.union5studios.com/dbsteam/scanlations/OnePiece437.rar)

OMG, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. Just what the hell was Oda thinking?! lol

Death13a
Fri, 12-08-2006, 10:16 PM
OMG, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. Just what the hell was Oda thinking?! lol

I had same reaction when i saw raw and scanlation. I think Oda got new female assistant.

ChaosK
Fri, 12-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Did Robin... :eek:

Holy shit wtf?

p0ltergeist
Sat, 12-09-2006, 12:49 AM
"Oh the humanity!"

Stoopider
Sat, 12-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Ooo... fiesty little girl. You know when a girl wants some. *wink wink*

p0ltergeist
Sat, 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Robin: "And when faced with large treasure, should we let it go?"

XD

EDIT: New scanlation group, "One Piece HQ" has, what I'd consider to be, a super high quality scanlation, for 437 out.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mpsws0

KoKo37
Sat, 12-16-2006, 11:08 AM
Chapter 438 LQ-MQ Scanlation :

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/6kis1r)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/7740226/OP_-_438_-_LQ-MQ.rar.html)

Death13a
Sat, 12-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Nice Ussop is back and i liked part of what Zoro said in begining

Stoopider
Sat, 12-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Zoro seems to be like the steady hand of the Straw Hats pirates. The law enforcer on the ship where Luffy sometimes gets soft on his crew members. But good and well. I thought it would be Nami at first, but Zoro is a fitting character since he's no 'idiot' either than the fact of having poor sense of direction.

And Zoro is right. Ussop should apologize. HIs pride is too big. In fact it is his dream to be a proud pirate of the seas. But humility and sincerity is needed especially amongst your friends and when you've made a mistake.

But great that everything's all back now. No members lost, and one new member in Frankie! :D

Honoko
Sun, 12-17-2006, 02:15 AM
I had always wondered how this was going to be resolved ^^ Oda is a masterful storyteller.

xDarkMaster
Sun, 12-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Honoko - That he is.

I totally agree with Stoopider. Ussop got what he deserved, and he has had it coming for a long time. I know he was joking about the whole captain thing, but he should have some respect for the real captain of the ship and know his place.

ChaosK
Sun, 12-17-2006, 01:16 PM
..Garp's a monster...:eek:

*don't care about usopp :p*

Deblas
Tue, 12-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Special treat came in this week's jump. Eiichiro Oda and his God, also known as Akira Toriyama, did a crossover together. There is no real story but it was cool nonetheless. :p

EDIT: changed to a scanlation

CROSS EPOCH- [kefi] (http://www.kefi.org/ccount/click.php?id=194)

Stoopider
Wed, 12-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Lol.. Oda and Toriyama should never write together. That was nonsense.

KoKo37
Wed, 12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Chapter 439 MQ/HQ Scanlation by Franky House :

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/0tzf8p)
RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/8339660/OP_-_439_-_MQ-HQ.rar.html)

I got no idea why some of the text bubbles are transparent, but as long as you read it on a white background it's fine.

kAi
Wed, 12-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I liked the Cross Epoch, hehe.

Now, the ship has a name, and it was good to see Smoker and Tashigi, they want someone stronger than the Strawhats, well they can only look toward the four emperors, they are the ones without affiliation with the World Government, unless they want to take on some Shichibukai member.

Stoopider
Fri, 12-22-2006, 06:29 PM
The Thousand Sunny!

Not bad a name. Though Going Merry was more catchy. Probably Thousand Sunny would catch on in a while. What do they call it in Japanese? "Thousand Sunny" as well?

Azaz31
Fri, 12-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Now, the ship has a name, and it was good to see Smoker and Tashigi, they want someone stronger than the Strawhats, well they can only look toward the four emperors, they are the ones without affiliation with the World Government, unless they want to take on some Shichibukai member.
i think he meant that THEY (the marines/navy) need a crew that is better than the strawhats, not that they wish there'd exist a more powerful piratecrew..

ChaosK
Fri, 12-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Sweet, Smoker vs Luffy part 3 time. :D

Nice cameo for Robin too.

Munsu
Sun, 12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
i think he meant that THEY (the marines/navy) need a crew that is better than the strawhats, not that they wish there'd exist a more powerful piratecrew..
That's what he said... he was only mentioning possible options of people who can make the Smoker crew stronger.

Stoopider
Sun, 12-24-2006, 05:15 PM
If I we're Luffy I wouldn't know how to to fight Smoker to be honest. Tashigi, I'm sure zoro can more than handle her.

Smoker san.. uh.. I think probably Nami has to handle him.Do her magic weather thingy. But then again, Nami's quite weak to damage. And Smokers no dummy either.

Azaz31
Mon, 12-25-2006, 01:53 PM
That's what he said... he was only mentioning possible options of people who can make the Smoker crew stronger.
oh? the "unless they want to take on some Shichibukai member" made me think otherwise...
take on usually means fight with.. doesn't it? :<

Munsu
Tue, 12-26-2006, 08:58 AM
The phrase "take on" has various meanings in different contexts, if you read his post carefully you would see that he meant "hire" someone instead of fighting someone.

At least that's how I understood it.

Azaz31
Tue, 12-26-2006, 03:19 PM
i'm still not convinced :eek:
though it wouldn't be the first time i've misunderstood stuff :P

xDarkMaster
Fri, 12-29-2006, 10:02 AM
OP 440 MQ (http://www.trankten.com/manga/index.php?get=22)

Damn, Oda just keeps the twists coming. ^_^

It was good to see how everyone reacted to the new bounties too.

Honoko
Fri, 12-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Those aren't twists, are they? More like, plot development (finally). I was wondering what was going on between Blackbeard and Ace. Power of darkness! Yarrr!

And it would seem that there is a dictionary of devil fruits going around.

Stoopider
Fri, 12-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Omg, Blackbeard = Shikamaru - intellect!

:D

xDarkMaster
Fri, 12-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Those aren't twists, are they? More like, plot development (finally).

Semantics, my dear.

kAi
Fri, 12-29-2006, 09:03 PM
I wonder how you'll be able to defeat Blackbeard, I don't think Ace is going to do it here, or I could be wrong.

Honoko
Fri, 12-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Semantics, my dear.
Ah, but semantics are the soul of communication :D

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 12-29-2006, 11:01 PM
I've been waiting for this for a long time. Seems that Oda has long implied the black beard was going to become one of the heavy hitters of the one piece universe but now we actually get to see him in action.

And man does he have one of the more badass fruit powers. Hopefully next chapter will continue the fight as opposed to flashing over to the far less interesting journey to merman island.

rockmanj
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:25 AM
I've been wondering for a while if there even was a darkness fruit...i wonder what he can do with it...or how you even cant defeat something like that. I mean, would a light fruit be like dazzler from the x-men??

Stoopider
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Yup. It's pretty ambigious what darkness can do. Probably everything turns dark and he'll run behind you and poke you with his knife.

Knives122
Sat, 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
As far as I know the only thing that can beat someting like darkness is light, or something that can produce enough light....like fire.

If Ace can produce enough heat to the point it starts to turn white then he can probably beat him, but when you get into such a grey area like "darkness" it's still pretty hard.

Death13a
Sat, 12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
My take on that fuit is that Blackbeard will be able 'persuade' Ace to join him with it's power.

Deblas
Sat, 12-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Man, that's a cool DF. I can't wait to see the attacks.

I'm really curious about this DF book. How are they able to determine what a fruit looks like and what power it contains if only one exists and they have never eaten it or found it for that matter? I can understand maybe knowing the shape if the fruit has been uncovered and being traded here and there between people but that still doesn't explain how they know what power it holds.

@Knives: I think it can go either way. Blackbeard just might be able to nullify light with his darkness.

And because know one has asked this yet....WHO the hell is DADAN?!

ChaosK
Sun, 12-31-2006, 01:21 AM
I was always wondering when it'd come to be a darkness and a light fruit. Well now Blackbeard has the Darkness fruit (an ability which i say can go any way since darkness can imply shadows, it can imply night, it consumes anything) it's a pretty vague power.

Carnage
Sun, 12-31-2006, 07:53 PM
Maybe Whitebeard has the light fruit? Blackbeard said he was searching for the Darkness fruit and apparently seems bent on killing Whitebeard nomatter what, so maybe the reason he was looking for the Dark Fruit was to be able to fight whitebeard? I think we have to see next chapter to predict more though, the Dark Fruit does seem a little vague...

Deblas I was wondering the same think :p Maybe its Luffy's mom/grandma? Or great grandpa?

animus
Sun, 12-31-2006, 08:28 PM
What kind of power does Dragon have? The Wind devil fruit?

Deblas
Sun, 12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
What kind of power does Dragon have? The Wind devil fruit?

It has never been suggested in the manga that he ate a devil fruit at all but Dragon possesing a wind logia is the most popular theory after what happened in Lougetown.

Who knows...Whoever posses a wind logia is a mighty lucky guy though. It might well be the strongest fruit ever. I mean, what can defeat wind?

rockmanj
Mon, 01-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Maybe Whitebeard has the light fruit? Blackbeard said he was searching for the Darkness fruit and apparently seems bent on killing Whitebeard nomatter what, so maybe the reason he was looking for the Dark Fruit was to be able to fight whitebeard? I think we have to see next chapter to predict more though, the Dark Fruit does seem a little vague...

Deblas I was wondering the same think :p Maybe its Luffy's mom/grandma? Or great grandpa?

Do you think all the really powerful people have fruits?? I wouldnt be suprised if whitebeard was just a natural badass,, i mean, what is he? 10 feet tall or something?

Carnage
Mon, 01-01-2007, 02:35 PM
It has never been suggested in the manga that he ate a devil fruit at all but Dragon possesing a wind logia is the most popular theory after what happened in Lougetown.

Who knows...Whoever posses a wind logia is a mighty lucky guy though. It might well be the strongest fruit ever. I mean, what can defeat wind?

Wind is made up of air...which is made up of oxygen....I guess possibly fire can burn him? Or somebody can go take Link's wand thingy from Zelda Windwaker and control him completely :D

Stoopider
Tue, 01-02-2007, 04:36 AM
DIdn't Dragon summon the lightning and saved Luffy's life from Buggy?

Might still be wind, a interesting application of it, don't I'm not sure how.

kAi
Tue, 01-02-2007, 10:58 AM
DIdn't Dragon summon the lightning and saved Luffy's life from Buggy?

Might still be wind, a interesting application of it, don't I'm not sure how.
Well, I don't think Dragon could have a Lightning devil fruit considering Enel had that one.

Wind is the likely option.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 01-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Well, I don't think Dragon could have a Lightning devil fruit considering Enel had that one.

Wind is the likely option.
What about Water? we haven't seen anyone with that ability yet and if he can control water i would assume he could control all form of it, that would include cloud and if he could control cloud i imagine it wouldn't be too hard to create lightning.

ChaosK
Wed, 01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
See, I've always wondered if there even was a water fruit since that would defeat the purpose of the whole "curse of the sea" thing, so it wouldn't be a "devil's fruit" per se, more like a gift from god.

Kitsune
Wed, 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Is it possible to have something as general as a weather fruit? Cause that would fit basically everyones theories

ChaosK
Wed, 01-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Is it possible to have something as general as a weather fruit? Cause that would fit basically everyones theories

That would be insanely powerful though since it controls thunder, lightning, water, and wind.

Dark Dragon
Thu, 01-04-2007, 03:03 AM
Oh and about the "Curse of the Sea" Devil Fruit user only lose their power near sea water right? does the same thing apply to regular water?