PDA

View Full Version : TV: Grey's Anatomy

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 12:56 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4475/01greysanatomy500375ir8.jpg

Alright, so who here watches this show? I started watching it last week and just saw all 3 seasons, now waiting for season 4.

I had very low expectations for this show as it is not what I usually watch, but I was pleasantly surprised. A couple of hot chicks for starters, I've always liked Katherine Heigl since My Father the Hero and then on Roswell.

The series has a lot of drama, which is nice to have. The characters are very unpredictable which is nice. It's funny because they are always talking out loud, and letting the viewer know what they are thinking, and yet they do things that makes it hard to understand them.

I also really like the multitude of operations and surgeries that are shown in the series, I think there's a good balance of drama and "medical plots". A lot of fun and funny moments, a lot of dramatic moments, and A LOT of romantic crisis. Plenty of people die throughout the series which is good, you never are certain of who is going to survive once they get into the operating room. The chracters are very human and make tons of mistakes.

I also like the antagonists of the show. It's very hard to hate them at times, and some win you over and you start rooting for them which is also nice. The characters are not one-dimensional. There are a ton of characters all well developed and you can relate to them most of the times.

Anyways, waiting for season 4 to start on September 27, here's the promo for it:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oYH19f8sxzI

So who watches the show, and what do you think of it?

First season DVD description:

Meet Meredith Grey, a brilliant first-year surgical intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. Together with her fellow residents in training, Meredith navigates her way through the daily traumas and social landmines of life inside the hospital and out in the real world. Grey's Anatomy is a smart and witty look at young people struggling to be doctors and doctors struggling to stay human. Both a critical hit and fan favorite, Grey's Anatomy burst onto the television landscape with gripping plot lines, a sensational soundtrack and hot stars, including Ellen Pompeo, Patrick Dempsey, and Sandra Oh. It's "a winner," raves the New York Daily News. Now you can experience all the drama, romance and excitement of Grey's Anatomy from the very beginning.

NM
Thu, 08-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Grey's Anatomy is a great show! Finally someone else who watches it! Its a shame that Isaiah Washington won't be in it anymore because of that whole issue with T.R. Knight though, I really loved Burke's character. So I can only wonder whats going to happen with Christina since she's been dumped (and for good).

Also, I'm actually really looking forward to the Grey's Anatomy spin-off show. I think its called Private Practice? The episodes where Addison went down to visit her friend for vacation were pilots for the spin-off I believe, and in my opinion, they were great!

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 01:39 AM
Yes, they were the pilot episodes. Although I love her character, I think the show will suck. Those two episodes were awful, mainly because their characters sucked. Maybe it will be better once the show starts, but I'm not looking forward to it even though it has some great actors in it.

If the show gets cancelled, I hope she can somehow get back on Grey's... even if it's for a couple of episode. Heck, I hope she does a couple of guest appearances anyways.

Koyuki
Fri, 08-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I watch it too. Grey's Anatomy is great. It's like Scrubs/ER. A serious drama show with a bit of humor. And just like you said Munsu, I don't mind watching Katherine Heigl she's hot. I used to watch Roswell.

Season 4 will be interesting. Chyler Leigh playing Lexie Gray is cute.

Iridani
Sat, 09-01-2007, 12:46 AM
I like this show... yet not at the same time. I admit I agree with Koyuki to say it's like someone had a mind meld for Scrubs/ER but it's also different than both.

Munsu
Sun, 03-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, finally decided to watch season 4... and I have mixed feelings about this season. So far I think it has been the weakest of all, but I've still been enjoying it. I like Lexie, and the Seth Green scenes were pretty good with the whole artery exploding.

So it seems that Nurse Rose and Derick are going to start dating now... I don't know, but I like her.

We should get 4 or 5 new episodes starting in April, and it has already been picked up for season 5.

So, any of you guys still watching this?

Sapphire
Sun, 03-09-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't like Lexy or whatever. I think Meridith is depressed way too much. I only like the red headed character. It's funny how I dislike all the characters, but I like the show.

I still watch the show, it's on abc.com.

Munsu
Sun, 03-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it's gotten too melodramatic, but whatever. I think Meredith will change quite a bit this season, and we've already seen signs of it.

Well I like Lexy, but mostly because I thought she was coming to the show as a complete bitch that was here just to make Meredith's life miserable, but it's really been the other way around. She's been nice and misunderstood, and it's been Meredith being a complete jackass with her. And once they start getting along, like they were on the last episode, I think the fun will return to the show... I think they'll make a good tag-team combo.

Archangel
Sat, 10-10-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm not sure i would have given him a piece of my liver even if it was for my sister...

I think we're gonna have a new character introduced soon, we need a new Burke

Archangel
Sat, 10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Wait... wtf just happened?

Sapphire
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:27 PM
In terms of what?

Archangel
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Izzie just disappeared?

Sapphire
Sat, 10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Oh, I was more interested in Yang sobbing her ass off.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
HOLY SHIT

Archangel
Fri, 10-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Amazing episode, i could really feel the tension. Not to mention my personal worries that another member of the main cast might have been cut

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Again, the tension was fantastic and the episode was brilliant

Richard is a douche, i hope they cut him off the cast next

Archangel
Fri, 05-21-2010, 04:45 AM
I lold at how they kept killing off the uninteresting characters one after the other