PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Justice League of America

Munsu
Wed, 08-29-2007, 09:43 PM
The movie is very far from being made, but there's a bit of news on it.

Smallville star rumored to go big screen as Superman in Justice League of America flick.

It's not often that a piece of quasi-information about a movie that won't be out for another three years would be worth mentioning, but when it involves Smallville and could send its rabid fan base in a tizzy, the rules change.

The latest from the rumor mill claims that Smallville star Tom Welling has been approached to play Superman on the big screen. However, he won't be the follow-up to Brandon Routh, who played the Man of Steel in Bryan Singer's Superman Returns.

The role is for Superman in the untitled Justice League of America movie, which is currently in its development infancy. The news comes from movie site IESB.net, which claims to have gotten the information from "studio sources."
http://www.tv.com/story/10090.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;0

I don't know how I feel about it. If he indeeds plays Superman in the movie, I hope the powers he manifests in the movie are parallel to the ones on Smallville. It would be very wierd to see some badass Superman in the movie and have Clark on Smallville still trying to get by with X-Ray vision.

Psyke
Thu, 08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm not too sure, but I read some where that this is going to be a computer animated CG show.....

Munsu
Thu, 08-30-2007, 05:40 PM
There's a movie being made in CG about the Justice League, but as you can see here they are also planning a live-action movie.

Psyke
Thu, 08-30-2007, 06:11 PM
From Superherohype:

Justice League to be a CGI/Motion Capture Film!?
Source: IESB.net August 22, 2007

One of the most talked-about topics online these days is Warner Bros.' Justice League of America adaptation, which Happy Feet director George Miller is reportedly attached to.

Reports have said that the superhero team-up movie would include Batman, Superman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and the Green Lantern, that casting would start next week, and that Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) and Brandon Routh (Superman, Superman: Man of Steel) would not be involved.

It didn't quite make sense how Warner Bros. would be able to pull it off, but perhaps now we know how they can. IESB.net says that the movie might be a CGI/performance capture project, much like The Polar Express, and the upcoming Beowulf and Avatar. Here's a bit of the scoop the site received:

However, and take this with a grain of salt, Imageworks are apparently in the running to provide services on the JLA film, competing with R&H and possibly WETA (the latter being unconfirmed).

But the real interesting thing about this is that the contract is for an all-cgi "photo-real" motion capture movie, much like the upcoming Beowulf.

If the reports hold up, expect Justice League of America to go into production early 2008.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-01-2007, 10:24 PM
The movie is very far from being made, but there's a bit of news on it.

http://www.tv.com/story/10090.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;0

I don't know how I feel about it. If he indeeds plays Superman in the movie, I hope the powers he manifests in the movie are parallel to the ones on Smallville. It would be very wierd to see some badass Superman in the movie and have Clark on Smallville still trying to get by with X-Ray vision.

The only thing that Clark doesnt have in Smallville is flight. He can do everything else at the moment. The odd thing would be his relationship to Lex Luther considering they have been friends and rivals on the show since he was in High School, which was alot different from the comics. I want to see how that is going to work.

Side note kind of funny because Lex Luther (Michael Rosenbaum) plays the voice of Flash on the Cartoon series. Love that.

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 09-02-2007, 07:56 PM
The only thing that Clark doesnt have in Smallville is flight. He can do everything else at the moment. The odd thing would be his relationship to Lex Luther considering they have been friends and rivals on the show since he was in High School, which was alot different from the comics. I want to see how that is going to work.

Side note kind of funny because Lex Luther (Michael Rosenbaum) plays the voice of Flash on the Cartoon series. Love that.

I understand what Munsu is saying, or at least I think I do. It isn't just that he is missing the power of flight in Smallville, it seems as though most of his powers are in a lesser degree to what they should be from the comics and such. A prime example of this is from one of the Man of Steel comics:
Superman: Hello, Ten.
Ten of Diamonds: I was just thinking about you. How --
Superman: You've got a very distinct heartbeat. Erratic breathing'. And your kevlar costume squeaks when you walk. Easy sound grouping to pull out of a crowd.
Ten of Diamonds: A crowd of eleven million?
Superman': My hearing's very acute.

While CK on Smallville has super hearing, I just don't see it to that degree. Another good example is the fight with Doomsday, can you really see someone with Smallville's CK's level of powers going toe to toe with a monster like that? Again, I think it's more the degree of power that would be wierd.

XanBcoo
Sun, 09-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Holy LOL Batman!
http://www.movieweb.com/news/05/22405.php

We have a very trusted source fresh from the set of The Dark Knight, who has worked with Maggie Gyllenhaal doing live theater. As you know, Maggie stars as Rachel Dawes (replacing Katie Holmes) in the upcoming bat sequel. Our source confirms that Gyllenhaal has in fact been approached about appearing in the new Justice League of America film. Only, there is a catch. It would be a cameo, in which she would appear alongside her brother Jake.

That's right. The Gyllenhaal siblings have been approached with the idea of playing Jayna and Zan, the Wonder Twins. One of them can turn into water. They other can turn into an animal (let the jokes commence). It's not known whether they would be using their powers on screen, but they are being added as a source of humor to the film. George Miller, who recently added The Martian Manhunter to the current circulating script, is also a huge fan of the twins. Our source claims that Miller only wants the Twins in for a quick wink and nod reference, but will probably abandon the idea if the Gyllenhaals decline their current offer.

Otherwise I think I'd really enjoy this movie. Can't wait.

Carnage
Mon, 09-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Its been forever since I've seen the wonder twins in action.....*fucking polar bears and water buckets*

AngryGumball
Wed, 09-12-2007, 01:02 AM
While I totally love smallville and love well drawing a blank on actors name.

love the idea of the Gyllen's being the wonder twins.

It is just sorta weird to me seeing the casting as being the 20's early 30's age actors.

the Justice League always seemed to be real adults, not young adults. I totally realize the cartoon was made that way before the move to youth in hollywood. While I may like all those actors it just dosen't fit for me, and while I will watch the movie I'm just saying right now if I had my druthers, I would be casting mid-30's to 40's actors. For the only reason is that is what I picture of the Justice League in myeyes.

XanBcoo
Wed, 09-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I always kinda liked the Batman: Beyond Justice League. With a mid-50s Superman and a little kid as the Green Lantern.

But yeah, I'm not sure I'd be able to accept a young Superman as the father figure of a live-action Justice League. Ryan Reynolds would be perfect as The Flash though.

Psyke
Wed, 09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Seems Jessica Biel is in talks to play Wonder Woman. I wonder who the candidates for Superman and Batman will be, and whether they're be re-using the costumes from the other movies.

Munsu
Thu, 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Warner Bros. has finally confirmed that Justice League has been placed on hold, pending the WGA strike and a possible SAG strike in June-July. The studio let their options lapse on Tuesday, reports Variety. Apparently, the studio does want a script re-write as well so this film will be sitting in development hell until further notice...

They also revealed who was cast for the project before it was terminated. The film would have starred D.J. Cotrona, Adam Brody, Anton Yelchin, Common, Teresa Palmer and Megan Gale.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979189.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Assassin
Fri, 01-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Well with all the newcomers as the main cast it would've most likely sucked anyway....especially with the fact that we'd have 3 diff supermans, and 2 diff batmans. Probably better that this movie is never made

Shadow Skill
Fri, 01-18-2008, 01:57 AM
I want to see the prequel, Justice League of Canada. :P

I'd prefer a live action version of Justice League. :)

With those list of names, maybe being on hold isnt such a bad thing. :P

Junior
Fri, 01-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Live action would be good!

I've always pictured Catherine Zeta Jones as Wonder Woman.