PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Fall 2007

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Well, we're closing in to the Fall season, so I thought it would be nice to take a look at what we can expect from the next couple of months.

Here's a list of shows that will be airing during this time, a couple of movies are included:
http://doanimation.wordpress.com/2007/04/12/must-see-anime-fall-2007/

The ones I'll be looking forward to are:

TV Series and OVA:

Dragonaut: The Resonance (GONZO)
Genshiken 2
GHOST HOUND (Masamune Shirow)
Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales (FMA creator)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touchdown (First season was great, go and check it out)
Rental Magica
Shion no Ou (I read the manga, if you liked Hikaru no Go I think you'll enjoy this even more)
Mokke
Night Wizard: The Animation
Bamboo Blade
Shakugan no Shana 2 (Oversubbed maybe?)
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations (This OVA should be very kickass compared to the series)
KITE: Liberator (The first KITE OVA series is great, though you need to stomach the hentai content. I think there's a censored version out there if you want, but I recommend the uncensored version because it makes more sense. I wonder what this one is about and how it fits with the first OVA series).

Movies:

Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
Sword of the Stranger (BONES)
CLANNAD (Key)
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Rebuild of Evangelion (Evangelion Remake)

ody
Mon, 08-27-2007, 06:56 AM
Wow, I'm looking forward to Hero Tales and Sword of the Stranger. I'm such a shounen junkie -_-.

mage
Mon, 08-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Moonlight Mile 2nd Season: Touchdown (First season was great, go and check it out)

9/13/07!

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Gundam fanboyism requires that I rabidly follow the upcoming Gundam series.

My love of samurai tales will get me to take at least a glimpse at Sword of Stranger.

Awesome animation ensures I'll at least watch the Karas OVA

Other than that, no commitment on anything, but will probably at least check out Ghost Hound, and maybe the Dragonaut and Hero Tales, if I'm really feeling deprived of shounen shows at that time.

Naturally I'll also check out Shakugan no Shana but my initial interest in that show faded towards the end of the first series, and I'm afraid that anything less than a very strong start for 2 will just have me shrugging this one off.

I'll also be down on the Evangelion Remake movie and maybe the Appleseed ex Machina one.

RyougaZell
Mon, 08-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Damn... I can't believe only one 'new' series catched my eye... and the rest are mainstream/sequels...

Looking forward only to:
- Clannad (I lost interest in KyoAni after Lucky Star (bleh) but this will hopefully bring back the feeling left by Kanon)
- Shakugan no Shana 2 (hated the end of first season... Hecate deserves more screen time)
- Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations (finally a worth adaptation)
- Kiddy Grade 2 (yes! yes! yes! err...)
- Rebuild of Eva (I prefer Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's version of Eva over Anno's... but oh well... lets see how this ends...)

Board of Command
Mon, 08-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Genshiken 2 and Gundam 00 will probably be at the top of my list.

What happened to the second seasons of Code Geass and Haruhi? I thought those are slated for this fall season as well.

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Has there been any official date given for those 2 series?

From what I can tell, they won't be on the Fall season.

Moonphase has them as unknown:
http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html

Also, Kiddy Grade 2 doesn't seem to be coming out this season

Board of Command
Mon, 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Haruhi is still an unknown at this point, but I'm almost positive that Code Geass is supposed to start airing in late October.

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Do you remember what time slot CG had? On what day of the week and time?

Koyuki
Mon, 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Movies
Appleseed is a must see. I've been waiting 3 years! Maybe I should rewatch the first part.
Sword of a strangers seems neat.

Series
Gundam 00. What do I say. I love Gundam <3
Karas. The three first eps was pretty sweet!
Dragonaut: The Resonance. Checkin' out.
Genshiken 2. Checkin' out.
Ghost Hound. Checkin' out.
Moonlight Mile S2
Tokyo Revalations. I haven't seen all of Tsubasa Chroncile, but I'll definitely download it.
Code Geass S2. I just hope they'll release it soon!

Probably checking out more soon. I'm just glad I'm buying a new 500GB usb harddisk ^_^

Munsu: Wasn't it Friday 1:25AM? Same slot as DTB.

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Well I don't see anything listed for that channel in that timeslot yet, so there may still be a chance.

Idealistic
Mon, 08-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm looking forward to Sword of the Stranger, and Shakugan no Shana season 2.

YaGaMi
Tue, 08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Only these 3 are of interest to me this new season:

Hero Tales
Appleseed Saga Ex Machina
Sword of the Stranger (BONES)

Harima Kenji
Wed, 08-29-2007, 04:50 AM
The site also mentions Da Capo II... didn't we have that already? Or are DC:SS and DC2 different things?

Besides Shana, Gundam 00 and Genshiken2 I don't really have series that are on top of my list..

Munsu
Wed, 08-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes, they are different things... just don't know how are they different. Pretty sure it's another sequel.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Gundam 00, cant wait <<<the anime that introduced anime to me
-Also no Fukada makes me a happy boy
CG-S2, another cant wait, I wanna C.C. again,
Haruhi, still need to watch season 1 >.< cant make a decision if im looking forward to it
Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Rebuild of Evangelion, Eva what can I say but I wanna watch it :)

AlbinoFury
Thu, 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Ive seen October 6 being the day gundam 00 starts multiple places, nothing official though, but wikipedia does have that date too.

Aeon
Thu, 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Not that many shows seem to interest me this upcoming season. I'll only be picking up

Shakugan no Shana :D
Gundam 00
Jyūshin Enbu - Hero Tales
Night Wizard - The Animation

Actually that seems about normal for me since Lagann, Claymore, and Heroic Age will be ending.

Kraco
Fri, 08-31-2007, 04:34 AM
I'm probably one the persons reading least manga over here (nothing to be proud of, of course), but a couple of days ago I started to read Kodomo no Jikan (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5029). It's also appearing as an anime starting in October. It was a manga that was discontinued in the US due to dubious content... The description of the manga sounded so outrageous I just decided I need to check it out. Still, I don't know whether or not to watch the anime as well. Time will tell. After all, I have read only the very beginning of the manga so far.

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-31-2007, 05:26 AM
I'm actually looking forward to the anime of Kodomo no Jikan. The manga got bad press from a certain incident in the plot that was blown way out of proportion. The main heroine, who's something like 8, is desperately attempting to seduce her teacher in any way possible. Special interest groups took in in the exact opposite light, Kojikan got labled a pedo series, and was dropped by the licensee.

There's actually a great deal of character development, and the three main girls all have personal issues that run from mundane to rather serious.

Genshiken 2, Bamboo Blade, and possibly GHOST HOUND are the only other series that interest me this season.

mage
Sat, 09-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I watched Genshiken after hearing about Genshiken 2 in this thread, and now I'm really looking forward to it :)

Probably the funniest series I've watched.

Bread-sama
Sun, 09-02-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm waiting for Ghost Hound, that's it.

Thought I would have the chance to work on it, but we have a huge backlog... so I'll just have to watch -___-'

Munsu
Mon, 09-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Does that mean AonE will be working on it?

XanBcoo
Mon, 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I will most definitely watch the Evangelion movie, and probably check out Ghost Hound at some point 'cause I loves me some Shirow.

Munsu
Mon, 09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Here's a torrent with a few previews:
http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=26324&name=Fall%20Anime%20PVs.torrent

Included series:

Clannad
Kimikiss
Kodomo no Jikan
Night Wizard
Prism Ark
You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle
Blue Drop
Dragonaut
ef: A Tale of Memories
Genshiken 2
Ghost Hound
Gundam 00
Juushin Enbu: Hero Tales
Myself Yourself
Rental Magica
Shakugan no Shana Second
Sketch Book Full Colors

Kraco
Mon, 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
ef: A Tale of Memories looked pretty graphically intensive when I had a look at the trailer some time ago. In a similar manner as Kanon 2006 for example (not style wise, it's from another company).

Inazuma
Mon, 09-10-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm waiting for Ghost Hound, that's it.

Thought I would have the chance to work on it, but we have a huge backlog... so I'll just have to watch -___-'

Production IG nice, gotta see what the plot is made of
Dragonaut, Meh 3D Space'n something of vision of escaflowne ?
Gundam, not a big fan but it seems they got some decent art (FINALLY !), hope they won't play animation again and again in the eps to save up money like they always do
CLANNAD ... Please make your Prevs even shorter ... Goddam marketting section's monkeys
Shakugan no Shana ... may be worth some disk space

Bread-sama
Tue, 09-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Does that mean AonE will be working on it?
Nope. I don't think we will be picking up any show until winter.

Munsu
Sun, 09-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Some more promos, subbed:
Sword of a Stranger: http://a.scarywater.net/idpro/%5BidPRO%5D_Sword_of_the_Stranger_-_Mukoh_Hadan_%5BXviD%5D.avi.torrent
Clannad TV: http://a.scarywater.net/idpro/%5BidPRO%5D_Clannad_TV_30_Second_Promo_%5BXviD%5D2 .avi.torrent

Dark Dragon
Mon, 09-17-2007, 10:48 AM
series i'm looking forward to are:

Genshiken 2
Gundam 00
Moonlight Miles 2

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-30-2007, 09:52 PM
This would be a relevant time to post a full Fall Preview. Some of the new shows will be airing tomorrow. I listed the site that does fairly in-depth fall previews in the Anime Recommendation thread. They've released theirs.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007/09/30/fall-2007-preview/

If there are any additional series you were completely unaware of, now you're not. Enjoy the upcoming season.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Nice link! Although this part....

I probably won’t blog this since I read through the manga not all that long ago, and the anime thus far has been a pretty faithful adaptation (meaning that there’s a good chance I’d get bored of it), but I might watch it casually just to see how some of the important story points turn out.
...is just blasphemy.

And there's no mention of Code Geass and Haruhi. Not good.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I buy every novel of Genshiken as it comes out in the States, and Ogiue is probably my favorite character. I can see where they're coming from, but I'm still going to watch it.

KyoAni is doing CLANNAD, so I wouldn't expect a second season of Haruhi any time soon. Given the promotional video on last Tanabata, and that an entire novel centers around that time of the year, I'd expect to see it sometime the middle of next year.

As for Code Geass, Sunrise is working on Gundam 00, which in Japan, always takes precedence. I don't really expect to see the next season of Geass until Winter or Spring.

Board of Command
Sun, 09-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Winter? What months account for the winter season? Because for my school terms, winter is Jan-Apr while spring is May-Aug...

kooshi
Mon, 10-01-2007, 03:29 AM
Upcoming series that I'm looking forward to:
- Shakugan no Shana II
- CLANNAD
- Genshiken 2
- Appleseed Saga Ex Machina

Upcoming series that seem interesting enough to watch:
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (just trying out a Gundam)
- KITE: Liberator (saw the OVA, it was alright, so this might be interesting)

Xrlderek
Mon, 10-01-2007, 03:46 AM
Definitely looking forward to Kaiji, I had completely forgot about it until I saw that blog link. I hope it will be as good as Akagi.

Kraco
Mon, 10-01-2007, 04:37 AM
- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (just trying out a Gundam)

I'm actually an oddity that has never seen any Gundam (aside from those short clips you see everywhere). You think if I had a look at Gundam 00 I'd actually understand anything of it without all that previous knowledge from the many older series? Or do Gundams have a plot deep enough to require knowing the past events in the first place, or is it just pure action?

Munsu
Mon, 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
It's an alternate universe, you don't have to worry about it. The first couple of series all the way to Victory Gundam are one universe, Turn A Gundam is another universe, G Gundam is another universe, Gundam Wing is another universe, Gundam SEED is yet another universe, etc. Gundam 00 is the first series of a new universe so you can just jump on it.
Here's a series list and order I worked on a while back, edited a bit now... I may be missing some but it's pretty much complete:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=352966

Universal Century Universe:
Mobile Suit Gundam: 0079 [42 Episodes] September U.C. 0079 - December U.C. 0079
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team [12 Episodes] October U.C. 0079 - January U.C. 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team - Miller's Report [1 Movie]
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket [6 Episodes] December U.C. 0079 - January U.C. 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory [13 Episodes] October U.C. 0083 - December U.C. 0083
Mobile Suit Z Gundam [50 Episodes] U.C. 0087
Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam [47 Episodes] U.C. 0088
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack [1 Movie] March U.C. 0093
Mobile Suit Gundam F91 [1 Movie] U.C. 0153
Mobile Suit Victory Gundam [41 Episodes]

Alternate Universes:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam [49 Episodes]
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing [49 Episodes]
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing - Endless Waltz [1 Movie]
After War Gundam X [39 Episodes]
Mobile Suit Turn A Gundam [50 Episodes]
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED [50 Episodes + OVA]
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY [50 Episodes + OVA]
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73: Stargazer
Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Kraco
Mon, 10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Interesting... Thanks for the information! If 00 gets somewhat positive feedback, I think I'll have a look at it. Just out of purely academic interest, of course.

YaGaMi
Thu, 10-18-2007, 05:35 AM
There used to be a site way back that tells you which sub group is going to be subbing what. Is there any sites like that still around?

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
There are two.

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Main_Page
Click on the sidebar links to see the season you want. Licensed titles are crossed out and the company name next to them.

http://anidb.net
Search the database for a show, the full listing of the sub groups in various languages, their current status, and reviews on their quality are shown. Licensing isn't shown.

YaGaMi
Thu, 10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the info, I know of anidb.net and use it already. The other page you mentioned is what I was after since it tells you what projects sub groups are planning.