PDA

View Full Version : TV: Eureka

Munsu
Fri, 08-24-2007, 04:22 PM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1957/eurekaij8.jpg

I'm pretty sure some of you guys watch this series, I think it's entertaining. Right now we are on the 7th episode of the second season. I've liked the season so far, but I sometimes wish they would focus more on the main plot lines... they get easily sidetracked. I wanted to see more of the psychiatrist, she was a cool character.

So, who's up-to-date?

Won't talk more about it in the first post so that people won't get spoiled from the first post. Anyways, it's a fun series if you're looking for something else to watch.

The sleepy Pacific Northwest town of Eureka is hiding a mysterious secret. The government has been relocating the world’s geniuses and their families to this rustic town for years where innovation and chaos have lived hand in hand. U.S. Marshal Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson) stumbles upon this odd town after wrecking his car and becoming stranded there. When the denizens of the town unleash an unknown scientific creation, Carter jumps in to try to restore order and consequently learns of one of the country’s best kept secrets.

Munsu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM
So, no one here is watching this series?

I really liked last episode, with Carter and Zoe having some new love interests. Which also makes it interesting with Carter pretty much losing what could've been his future and a possible baby.

SamuraiOdin
Thu, 09-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I watched the first season, and really liked it, but completely missed the start of the second season and haven't had time to catch up yet.

Whitey-chan
Thu, 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Actually, if you listened carefully to how Allison makes her comments at the end, she seems to be tinged with some jealousy that he's on a date celebrating his anniversary with someone else. My take on it, anyway.

Munsu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Oh, no doubt... but she's also more open to the possibility of getting together with her ex, especially with all the progress their son is making. I like the laundry chick, so I hope she stays around.

Ryllharu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Here's a question. Is Nathan trustworthy? Henry was very reluctant to give up anything about Kim's death.

As easy as it is to suspect Nathan, I think on this he's completely trustworthy. We couldn't trust him at all in season 1 since he was so stuck up on the Artifact. He came off as willing to do whatever it took to learn more from it.

Now though, he's still after knowledge of the Artifact, but more concerned about protecting his son. He was willing to endanger the town to help his son and learn more about the connection with the Artifact, but it seemed to be genuine concern at least.

What does everyone else think?

Munsu
Thu, 09-06-2007, 10:53 PM
I agree with you, and I always thought of him as trustworthy. All his actions have always been for a good cause and reason, the reason he seemed so untrustworthy before was because of his position, his hate for Carter, and being all secretive about what he was doing and reluctant to give away sensitive information. But he has always ended up doing the right thing when it counts, so I don't think it'll be any different now.

But with the psychiatrist gone, there surely needs to be another mole around, I wonder who it is.

Anyways, do you think that Carter will ever regain his memories from the parallel life? There have been several attempts to make him aware of the real picture, like when he was dying he saw when his memory got erased, and all the information he gathered when the scientist community was all dumbified.

Whitey-chan
Tue, 09-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I dunno. I disagree about Nathan. I don't feel that he's trustworthy simply because he did hide so many things from both Carter and even Allison. I also feel like he does the right thing in the end only because of Allison. In many ways, he comes off as being extremely selfish because he does the things that he does for his own benefit.

Not really sure where they plan to take Carter. They spent so much time building the tension between him and Allison only to throw a cold bucket of water over it at the end of the season. I think right now the only certain thing is that he'll continue to end up with the short straw in every scenario, including where his memories are concerned.

Munsu
Wed, 09-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Again, he was in a position that he really couldn't share unless he thought it was first relevant, and secondly of importance.

As for Carter, each episode they are hinting more and more about his confrontation with Henry when he got his memories erased. Since we are approaching the season finale, I think he'll learn soon enough that he got his memory erased, and even regain his memories...I think he'll go into season 3 with his old memories again, maybe causing a strain with his new found relationship (if he still has it) with the laundry girl.

Ryllharu
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM
Looks like Nathan and Alison have made an enemy out of Henry. Their decision was far and away the correct one, but there's really no doubt Henry is going to take it very badly. They've shown he's the type to keep up appearances and be very quiet, while still being incredibly angry.

It's kind of nice to see Carter's relationship with Callie improving.

Munsu
Wed, 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I agree completely. Do you think Allison was also testing Henry, and see his reaction? With all the concerns that Carter brought to Allison, I think she'll be closely monitoring Henry and his actions.

I really like Callie, and I hope she stays with the show until it ends. In fact, I want Carter to fall in love with her, and then regain his memories. But at this moment, I like Callie more than Allison.

Ryllharu
Fri, 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
I can't say for sure if Allison was testing him, she's shown before she's concerned about Kevin over everything else. I think we need to know a little more first.

Munsu
Fri, 09-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh no, for sure. I'm just saying that she's probably aware that Henry is hiding something. So just as she's protecting her son, she'll too will be keeping an eye on him, I would think. It's like killing two birds with one stone.

Whitey-chan
Fri, 09-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Just an update if anyone's interested. SciFi has officially renewed Eureka for season 3 to air in summer of '08. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :D

Munsu
Fri, 09-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Yep, I read the news yesterday... forgot to post it here, or maybe I was waiting for someone to comment on the latest episode before doing so. Here's where I read it:

http://www.visiteureka.net/news.html?nid=152
http://www.visiteureka.net/

Anyways, last episode was great, and Henry shows his true colors once again and teammed up with Beverly. Looks like the season finale next week will be exciting.

Whitey-chan
Wed, 10-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Comments on the season finale?

I mostly liked the episode. Henry proved himself to be a good friend, and more trustworthy and honorable than everyone thought. I was actually rooting for him and didn't like the way the prior episode made him look. Favorite moment was Alison decking Beverly, although I have to say that her punch did look fairly weak. If you're gonna pick a fight put some weight behind it before letting loose! :o

The burning question... what's your take on the last scene between Alison and Nathan? How do you think it will play out?

Ryllharu
Wed, 10-03-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll admit I was shocked by Henry's doublecross. I expected him to be both angry enough at Alison and Stark, and scientifically curious about the Field to actually go through with it.

As far as relationship woes go, Nathan and Alison have been growing closer and closer back together since Carter fixed the Universe and tried to do it all over again. Every time he had attempted to get things to go the same way, he pushed them together. After Henry made him forget everything, they just gradually came together from Kevin. I kinda like Carter-Callie better recently anyway, even if they keep getting interrupted.

Jo was looking rather nice this episode. I also really liked Carter's comment that if there were zombies in the morgue, he was going to quit.

Whitey-chan
Thu, 10-04-2007, 01:49 AM
My opinion, Alison was not all that happy with the proposal or with Nathan based on the look on her face. It didn't strike me as a look of shocked happiness. I think despite everything that he's done to help her and her son, she still doesn't trust him to be honest with her. The whole situation with bringing Beverly back and not saying anything until after she was there didn't seem to sit well with Alison. I think that it was just enough to plant some seeds of doubt.

As for Carter, he had some really good lines this episode. The zombie comment was good, and also the one about always being the volunteer. He's at his best when he tries to be a superman.

Whitey-chan
Tue, 07-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Just an update for those interested... New episodes of Eureka starting on July 29. And in case anyone missed it, here's a promo/teaser to whet your appetites.

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=274150

Enjoy! :D

Munsu
Wed, 07-16-2008, 12:22 AM
Looking forward to it... hopefully Beverly comes back for some episodes; she's always been one of my favorite if not more interesting characters in the series.

Munsu
Tue, 07-29-2008, 08:51 AM
To get us in the mood for tonight, here's a scoop with Colin Ferguson:

Colin Ferguson Previews Eureka's Inventive New Season

If you're looking for sanity in Eureka, go no further than Colin Ferguson. Tuesday night, he begins his third season as Sheriff Jack Carter, who lends an Andy Taylor-like calm to a stormy Mayberry populated by crazy scientific geniuses. Ferguson explains why he's nuts about the show. (Eureka airs Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET, Sci Fi.)

TV Guide: Give us some scoop!
Colin Ferguson: A main character dies! How do you like that? Also, as last season ended, Eureka was wrecked [by an airborne metal-eating bacteria], so we bring in Frances Fisher [as a corporate hotshot] to fix the town. [The opener] is about a [rogue robot] that escapes. It's fun, though it's hard to act when a main character is a visual effect.

TV Guide: What is the show's appeal?
Ferguson: Some like the special effects and the fun, fast stories. Others like the humor. I think it's the relationships.

TV Guide: Any other projects?
Ferguson: I did NBC's Fear Itself, which is like The Twilight Zone. I played a serial killer and that was fun. I like to exercise different muscles.

TV Guide: If you were a genius, what would you invent?
Ferguson: Wow! I love antigravity. I'm all about recreational vehicles that fly. Or maybe a car that runs on water — that would be good! — G J Donnelly
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Tv-Previews/Eureka-Preview-Colin/800044052

Major character dying... sounds good to me. My bet is Nathan or Henry.

Munsu
Thu, 07-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Just watched the first episode of the third season...

I thought it was an alright episode. I'm still on the fence with the new character they introduced; we'll see how she plays out, though I'm glad she seems to have some ulterior motives to be there.

I'm still hoping for Jack to regain his memories from the future. I think the series dynamic it would be bring would be great, especially now when the past has taken a different course already from what his "future's past" had, so I think Jack reconcilliating the two different "pasts" would be great. It would also be great to see him solve some cases with ease to the astonishment of others, while him gaining some insights on "criminals" from his future life, who may or may not be criminals currently now that the past has changed.

I don't know, I just hope they explore that storyline once again and roll with it.

Whitey-chan
Thu, 07-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Too soon to tell, but I get the feeling the new lady works for, or is maybe even the mastermind, of that organization that Beverly was working with. It was an okay episode... nothing major happening really.

Assassin
Fri, 08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I liked the first bit of the episode, but there were a few things that annoyed me. Mainly it was the 'fixer' and how she started ordering people around....i found it really stupid that someone who was sent there to do a performance review suddenly takes charge during an emergency situation, giving orders to the CEO of the company, and a dozen scientists with PhD's who knew alot more about the situation then she did. Seriously, what were her qualifications, an MBA, maybe a law degree.....and all of a sudden shes giving orders to fighter planes? That was weak writing in my opinion.

Also the fact that they tried to humanize the drone and make it 'cute'...its a sci-fi show, i dont wanna hear a military grade attack drone making R2D2 style beeps and hums. I want to see a scientific solution, not a lecture on 'being a rebellious teenager'.

I did like the final scene though, and like whitey, i think she mite be working for the same people as beverly. I wonder what that purple liquid in her hand was?

Munsu
Thu, 08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Just watched episode 2:

I loved episode 2... quite a fun episode. So Henry is back in action, I wonder what made the new CEO want to get him back. Was it purely because she saw productivity in him, or did she work out a deal with him in that he'll become sort of a spy for her or some shit. I liked the last scene once again, with her looking at old footage from when apparently the Town of Eureka was first built, and with the atomic bomb testing, etc. It'll be interesting to see how that'll all tie up into this season's plot. I was hoping Jack would get some sort of permanent mutation though, that would've been kickass.

Assassin
Thu, 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
i didn't quite understand the last scene...what was that mushroom cloud and lightining supposed to be? and prior to that, it showed a town/city being destroyed. was that supposed to be eureka? cuz then we see the 2 soldiers driving into eureka.

Whitey-chan
Fri, 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Not sure if I saw it correctly, but I thought the mushroom cloud was tinted purple. I'm thinking it may be tied to the purple vial of liquid that she was holding at the end of the last episode, since it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for her to react to a generic a-bomb cloud test.

Glad Henry's back too... I hope he doesn't have to be a spy for the new lady since that would mean more secrets and lies. I'm hoping he'll eventually tell Jack the truth about the memory wipe and maybe trigger Jack into remembering everything and not just flashes.

Assassin
Sat, 08-09-2008, 03:46 PM
ya the cloud was slightly purple, and had 4 lightning bolts beside it. im sure it could be related to the vial she had.

insane
Sun, 08-10-2008, 06:59 AM
I'm downloading this right now, and its taking forever. I really hope it is worth the time, but this thread is quite active so its all good.

Whitey-chan
Sun, 08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Anyone see episode 3 yet?

The episode itself was okay, but I was more interested in the bigger subplot developments. With the next episode preview too, I'm getting a really bad feeling. I have my suspicions about how things will turn out in the next episode, but I'm curious about what others think.

Munsu
Sun, 08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Haven't seen any previews, but I enjoyed episode 3 quite a bit. The subplot developments are certainly interesting... the wedding thing and the CEO "tricking" Henry into analyzing some wierd form of radiation, etc.

Whitey-chan
Mon, 08-18-2008, 11:08 PM
The preview hinted at the scoop posted a few weeks ago about a main character dying, so this will likely be a really good episode in terms of plot development. I'm seriously looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Munsu
Wed, 08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Just watched the episode, it was a good one in my opinion. Don't want to say much yet since you guys probably haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I have to say that it was well executed.

I'll just say this, I hope the new character, played by Ever Carradine, sticks around.

Assassin
Wed, 08-20-2008, 02:47 PM
man, awesome ep....can't believe stark is gone. did not see that one coming. im really gonna miss the back and forth between carter and stark.

Abdula
Wed, 08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
R.I.P Stark. Gonna need to bring in atleast 5 more characters just to fill the space his ego took up.

Whitey-chan
Sat, 08-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Wow... that episode actually blew me away. Given the way the third episode ended, I was thinking that the CEO would try to silence Henry somehow for maybe being suspicious of her. Totally did not see that coming for Nathan. Probably the best episode of the season so far, imo.

Munsu
Sat, 08-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I didn't enjoy the latest episode much, with the whole Mummy curse thing and the killer insects. I found the solution to the problem quite dumb with the whole music thing. Hopefully next one will be a bit more exciting.

Other than the episode plot, I liked the subplot progression with Henry denying the CEO help, and everything that went with it. Looks like Henry won't be our inside man now.

Assassin
Sat, 08-30-2008, 06:03 PM
i wonder if henry will start doing his own research on what the ceo is doing. he's obviously on to her, and he's gotta be curious about what she's up to.

Whitey-chan
Thu, 09-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone see the newest episode? I thought it was okay, but wasn't too keen on how they resolved the scientific crisis this time. The larger subplot seems to be amping up a bit more, and I really want to see more movement on that front. I will say at least this episode was better than the mummy one.

Assassin
Mon, 09-15-2008, 12:09 PM
the mummy one was just ridiculous...this one was alrite, though a few things could've been improved. like that hole in the basement wall, appearing rite when zain was comming down from the elevator shaft.

insane
Tue, 09-16-2008, 11:22 AM
henry's a double crosser and teamed up with Beverly. i haven't watched season 3 yet. my friend have it but i haven't gotten it yet. all in all i say this is a nice series and i was not wrong to watch it.

Munsu
Wed, 09-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Just watched episode 7:

I thought it was a good episode... we got plenty of plot progress, and the "scientific disaster of the week" was interesting in my opinion. We also had a Major race during the episode, which was kinda cool. In all a loaded episode. By the end of the episode I was sure that either Henry or Carter would end up as the new Major. Funny how a criminal ended up winning.

Assassin
Wed, 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that Thorne was part of the pre-eureka science team that was found dead? I really wanna see what the big secret project was...it seems to have either kept dead tissue alive and aging for the past 70 years, or it rapidly aged the scientists when they entered the room.

Also, im guessing whatever the problem is, zoe will be effected....we saw her slip on that purple liquid, and it looked very similiar to the one thorne had in that vial. I dismissed it last episode cuz after the initial slip it wasn't addressed at all.....but they show it in the recap, so it has to be worth something.

Whitey-chan
Thu, 09-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking that Thorne is actually a kid or grandkid of one of the scientists, since I believe they said that the date at the time those old pictures were taken was around 1939. If Thorne had been one of the scientists, she'd be pretty darn old. But since whatever they were messing with involves age manipulation, who knows? And yah, I agree that Zoe's gonna be affected by the purple goo. That scene was too obvious in the previous episode, particularly when they panned out to show what she slipped on. This episode was definitely an improvement over the last couple of episodes.

Munsu
Mon, 09-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Just noticed that episode 8 will be the season (maybe mid-season) finale... airs tomorrow. It should be a good one:

Trust issues abound when a doomsday weapon is discovered in the subterranean military complex. Meanwhile, Zoe's life is endangered and Eva Thorne knows why.

Looks like the suspicions we've had of Zoe and the purple goo are true.

Munsu
Fri, 07-10-2009, 11:16 AM
For those interested, season 3 resumes tonight. For a midseason finale, they sure took a very long break... don't know why they're still calling it season 3 though with all the time that has gone by.

Don't remember where we left off either.

Inazuma
Fri, 07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
I thought this was discontinued

Penner
Sun, 07-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Never watched this so i decided that i should and i just finished power-watching through all eps currently out and this show is mucho awesome!

And, it gets a fourth season with 22 episodes. Click (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/e.html)

Assassin
Sun, 07-26-2009, 02:58 PM
great news...i like how they've got a bigger overall storyline again, and i love that it involves section 5. That in my opinion is what made the first season so great, the concept of a scientific mystery.

Munsu
Fri, 08-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Alright, you guys up to date?

I finally decided to catch up, and I'm enjoying it. What do you guys think of the new love interest? I like her, particularly since Allison had chosen Nathan of Jack some time ago.

Was a bit dissapointed about there not being aliens though, and I hope they bring Robocop back. He was funny.

New episode tonight.

Logrus
Tue, 09-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah that Alien thing bummed me out also a bit :(
But i agree this new love thing is a great turn as future acrs must be getting duller :P

Really curios as to was is next on the line for the story

Also one of the funniest shows out there atm :)

Inazuma
Wed, 09-02-2009, 12:35 PM
BTW Eureka's actor have been appearing in Warehouse 13 lately

Penner
Wed, 09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Indeed they have :O

Munsu
Thu, 09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Season finale tomorrow. I've enjoyed this 2nd half the season, but I'm a bit disappointed that there hasn't really been that much of big arc other than the Aliens thing. I thought they could've milked the "Carter not being adequate for being a sheriff" bit longer. Let's see of the finale makes up for it.

Munsu
Fri, 07-02-2010, 05:34 PM
James Callis (Battlestar Galactica) on Eureka... he should be a great addition to the cast. Eureka returns on the 9th in a week.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/1671/eureka510.jpg

Penner
Fri, 07-02-2010, 05:40 PM
Gaius Baltar in da house!

He was like my favorite character in BSG, sweet :D

Penner
Sat, 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
New episode is out and they're off to an awesome start!

Assassin
Sat, 07-10-2010, 03:29 PM
It'll be awesome to see baltar in eureka now...i love the new beginning concept. should be a lot of fun.

Munsu
Tue, 07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
At first I thought, Oh no another time travelling episode... but this was actually very good. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Carter and Allison can't catch a break though.

Penner
Sun, 07-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Felicia Day joins 'Eureka' (http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/felicia-day-joins-the-cws-nikita.html)

I like her, so yay! :P

Penner
Sun, 08-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Crossovers!!

Fargo was in Warehouse 13 and now Claudia(from Warehouse 13) visited Eureka, i love this stuff :D

Munsu
Tue, 08-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Just got renewed for a 5th season.

Penner
Tue, 08-17-2010, 11:13 PM
That is fantastic news!

Assassin
Tue, 08-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Who was beverly barlowe? Was the the psychiatrist who was sent off during season one?

Penner
Tue, 08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh right, that therapist woman who worked for "The Consortium" or whatever... i had completely forgotten about her until now :P

Inazuma
Sun, 09-05-2010, 08:23 AM
By the way, great thing with all the "I see hallucinations" thing.
James Callis saying he sees a tall sexy blonde.

Assassin
Wed, 09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
haha ya that was awesome

Munsu
Mon, 07-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Eureka returned tonight, but oddly it seems like a continuation of season 4 instead of a new season. Episode 11. Though a similar thing happened with season 3 too.

Penner
Wed, 07-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Yeah i don't know why they keep fucking around with the split-season stuff, all it does is hurt the ratings -.-

aadie01
Thu, 07-14-2011, 05:36 AM
This is a nice amazing show. love to watch it.

Penner
Tue, 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Hah i love this show, Stan Lee guest appearance and during his scene the background music melody was from the classic Incredible Hulk series from the 70's-80's... so awesome :P

Penner
Thu, 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Eureka has been officially cancelled :(

Sci-Fi has really been falling downhill for a while, especially since the name change to the utterly ridiculous "SyFy".. it's all wrestling, and ghost hunter "reality" shows.. i think there's even cooking shows on there?

Assassin
Fri, 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
gah that sucks.....Eureka wasn't as good as the first season, but it was still a fun show to watch. I cant believe they can canel these shows while shit like ghost hunters is still going.

Penner
Fri, 08-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, first they renewed it for a sixth season with 6 episodes, then a few days later they just decide to flip around and cancel those 6 episodes and the entire show, then they gave it 1 more episode for the upcoming fifth season so they could tie stuff up and give the fans a proper ending...

Dunno what the hell is going on with the people in charge at 'SyFy' O.o

Also not sure how much of a proper ending a single additional episode will manage to bring, but i guess it's better than nothing :P