PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 320

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Heres a link to 320 http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1791

This subbing group is so/so mostly some grammar errors that would make it flow better if they fixed but completly understandable. I'll be checking out the other groups that soft sub to compare quality incase VP becomes slow or worse no longer releases.

It was a very nice episodes with new bounties and next episode we get to see the new ship.

Assertn
Thu, 08-23-2007, 07:24 PM
lols.....didn't you mean 320? omg thx for the spoilerzz

edit: its cool...luckily for you I decided to catch up on one piece

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Oops on the 220, and I didnt tell you what thier bounty is, so.... my bad I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

Assertn
Thu, 08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Ah man....they didn't say what sogeking's was....
Nami's....someone at the party was an insider for the marines? =o
Robin's barely increased...how much was it before?
Finally, Sanji's was great... Oda's quite the comedic genius :]

And yeah...at this point it's pretty obvious who's joining the crew next.

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Chopper gets no respect. Sanji upset cause of the depiction, he shouldnt complain its better than having a poster for 50 beli. Probably cost more than that to print a ton of em up for Chopper.

Assertn
Fri, 08-24-2007, 12:46 AM
16 is a pretty fuckin random number for Nami though.

This is going to pose as a bit more complicated for the crew in the future as far as mingling with villagers go. In the past they were fortunate enough that most of the crew could wander around without being hunted down, such as Logue town, Arabasta, the framed assassination of Iceburg, etc.

Now only Usopp is safe in public areas.

animus
Fri, 08-24-2007, 07:56 AM
Looks like Vegapunk's gonna take a month break or so ATLEAST from subbing.

Secondly, I regret to inform you that I will be taking a break from Vegapunk after the end of August. This is largely due to real life stuff - I am probably moving soon, and, in addition to my full-time job, I am probably going to be working on finishing a certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) to help me finally realize my dream of living and working in Japan. So, I just won't be able to give Vegapunk the time and commitment that it needs. Also, fansubbing is already taking way too much of my time and attention to the point where it is negatively affecting my health and my RL relationships. Finally, I'm just not enjoying fansubbing like I used too - as so many people are depending on us for quality OP, it has become more like an obligation for me rather than something that I'm doing for fun.

Anyway, my plan is to take a complete break for the month of September (no direct involvement in VP releases, no IRC, and no posting on the forums) and then decide whether or not it is in my best interest to come back. Thanks for being such great fans - I've enjoyed helping to provide you with One Piece over the past 7 months, but it seems like it might be time for me to move on to other things in my life that I have been neglecting or putting off.

EDIT: Vegapunk is not shutting down just because I'm taking a break. Please read the whole thread before assuming things. Hedi is going to be encoding the HD episodes in my place. So don't panic.

From Vegapunk's website.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-25-2007, 04:47 AM
That's just one guy, the encoder. And they have other encoders. So hopefully, no break.

But who cares cause NEW FUCKING BOUNTIES! WOOO!!

Luffy - 300 million
Zoro - 120 million
Robin - 80 million
Sanji - 77 million
Franky - 44 million
Nami - 16 million
Chopper - 50 bucks...

They didn't show Sogekings though dammit! I wonder if his is surprisingly high for burning the flag or something. Anyway, at least Usopp doesn't have to worry about being hunted if he just takes off his mask.

I don't even know why Choppers is so low. He was in human form most of the time he was in Enies Lobby. Where did they even get that picture of him?! Poor guy.

Anyway, thats 593,000,050 on the Strawhats so far. Another 44 when Franky joins plus Whaterver Sogekings is.

Assertn
Sat, 08-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Ahahaha....I thought chopper's was 50 million....that's hilarious...
Now I can't tell if he's upset that it was so low, or upset that he's on a poster.

I still think Zoro's is disproportionately higher than Nico Robin's and Sanji's. If the excuse is because he had a longer track record than Sanji, then at least Nico Robin should be close to him.

On that note...why is Sanji's so much higher than Franky's? And Nami's? She still took out a CP9 member just like the rest of them.

animus
Sat, 08-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the caliber of the CP9 members. The giraffe Zoro beat was 2nd behind Lucci, and the Wolf dude that Sanji beat was only a bit weaker than him. Robin didn't really do anything except not get captured and uh doing a beating on Spandem. Her bounty used to be 79 mill, now it's just a mil higher heh. Franky only beat that crow dude, which was probably near the bottom. That's also Sanji's first poster, and jumping to 77 mil is pretty damn good already. And his picture on it's priceless. What was Luffy's first bounty poster amount at? 10 mil?

Splash!
Sat, 08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
No, not 10. I think the very first time Luffy got a bounty was when he defeated Arlong and it was 30 million.

Also, Nami beat the weakest CP9 member, where as Franky not only beat Fukurou but also fought against Kumadori. Hence Franky's bounty is quite higher than Nami's. Jayabura on the other hand was much stronger than both Fukurou and Kumadori put together (douriki + devil fruit ability). Sanji also did alot of behind the scenes work in Enies Lobby. Therefore in terms of contributions, Sanji did the most during the incident (except for Luffy) and therefore increased his bounty the most by 77 million. Zoro's bounty only increased by 60 million. And yeah, Robin didn't deserve much of a bounty increase. I am thinking sogeking should get a somewhat high bounty considering he burnt down the world government flag and was cuffed to zoro as he was fighting Jayabura and Kaku.

Assertn
Sat, 08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, Franky didn't fight Kumadori. Only Nami and Chopper did.

If you want to go by dourikis, then Franky beat Fukurou, but Fukurou was only about 25% stronger than Kalifa, yet Franky's bounty is over twice as much as Nami's.

Splash!
Sat, 08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Actually, yeah you are right about Kumadori. I had the feeling that Franky actually participated a little in the battle with Kumadori but he didn't. Anyways, about Franky's bounty, I am pretty sure the possession of Pluton's blueprints at one time counts for something.
However, the fact the he actually destroyed Pluton's blueprints actually makes him worth much less than he could have been. I am pretty sure he would be worth way more if those blue prints still existed, about the same amount as Robin.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-26-2007, 04:35 AM
No, not 10. I think the very first time Luffy got a bounty was when he defeated Arlong and it was 30 million.I do remember that the first time they gave Luffy a bounty they decided on the number by adding up Kuro, Don Krieg, and Arlong's bounties.

Kraco
Sun, 08-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Chopper's 50 beli was bloody hilarious. First we get such high numbers and then suddenly 50. Just 50. Priceless. I don't think they take him very seriously. Rather they just thought all the members should be labeled as criminals, even the "pet". Also, Chopper isn't originally a humanoid, so maybe that also contributes to it.

Nami's bounty might be lessened by the fact she's not really one of those exceptionally dangerous, deceitful women like Robin. So, ladies might get lower bounties by default. This is, after all, a kind of historical show.

It certainly was good to learn the new bounties. And the next eps should reveal the final shape and features of the ship. After that, only a new blade for Zoro remains of the three things I was mostly looking forward to.

Splash!
Sun, 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I do remember that the first time they gave Luffy a bounty they decided on the number by adding up Kuro, Don Krieg, and Arlong's bounties.

Actually, I went back and checked wikipedia just to make sure. Luffy's first bounty WAS 30 million. And what you are saying is incorrect because if all those bounties are added up, then 20M + 17M + 16M = 53M.

Assertn
Sun, 08-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Also, everyone still thinks Captain Kuro died long ago, so the marines would not have factored that battle in.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Right, it was probably Krieg, Arlong and Buggy then.

poopdeville
Sun, 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Obviously not. Krieg's was 17 million berries. Arlong's was 20 million. Luffy's was 30 million.

From K-F's translation of episode 45:

Captain: So, it seems to me, that what you are saying is that they won't be defeated by simply dispatching a military force.

Different Captain: Correct. Since their formation and subsequent defeat of Captain Axe-Hand Morgan, they have been quite active. Clown Buggy, 15 million. Pirate Fleet Leader Don Krieg, 17 million. And Mermen Pirate Leader, "Saw Nosed Arlong", 20 million. Keeping in mind that the average bounty in East Blue is 3 million, these are big-league pirates that are worth over 10 million. And he's taken all of them out. The initial price on his head will be 30 million berries, which is a record figure, but a reasonable one. It would be wisest to take care of them quickly. To pluck this seed of evil before it takes root.

Augury
Sun, 08-26-2007, 11:15 PM
When the bounty information came out in the manga one of the first things that came to mind was a comparison with the old East Blue villians. If you gauge it in that perspective then Nami's 16 million bounty really isn't low at all.

Assertn
Mon, 08-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Damn....in retrospective Buggy's bounty was pretty weak considering that he easily could've killed Luffy in Logue town, and was once a member of Gold Roger's crew alongside Shanks.

Haha...and now even Nami's is higher...the fact that it's such an odd number like 16 almost indicates that Oda planned it specifically for a future confrontation with Buggy.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
I actually think he plans to have Nami fight Arlong at some point. They're coming on on Merman island. One of the Shichubuki is a merman. And Arlong used to be his leutenent.

I think their going to have another run-in with Arlong and this time Nami will be able to defeat him without Luffy, while Luffy fights someone more powerful. It'd be an awsome way to show how much she's grown.

I actually hope the same thing happens between Usopp and Kuro.