PDA

View Full Version : Vegapunk call it quits?

.noname.silent
Thu, 08-23-2007, 12:12 AM
changes
First of all, for those of you who haven't heard yet, there will be a new One Piece opening starting on October 14. It will be the song "Jungle P" by the group 5050 (pronounced "Fifty Fifty"). This will apparently coincide with the beginning of the post-W7 filler arc, which will contain a character designed by Oda. You can get more information from this thread (http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=14301) at AP forums.

Secondly, I regret to inform you that I will be taking a break from Vegapunk after the end of August. This is largely due to real life stuff - I am probably moving soon, and, in addition to my full-time job, I am probably going to be working on finishing a certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) to help me finally realize my dream of living and working in Japan. So, I just won't be able to give Vegapunk the time and commitment that it needs. Also, fansubbing is already taking way too much of my time and attention to the point where it is negatively affecting my health and my RL relationships. Finally, I'm just not enjoying fansubbing like I used too - as so many people are depending on us for quality OP, it has become more like an obligation for me rather than something that I'm doing for fun.

Anyway, my plan is to take a complete break for the month of September (no direct involvement in VP releases, no IRC, and no posting on the forums) and then decide whether or not it is in my best interest to come back. Thanks for being such great fans - I've enjoyed helping to provide you with One Piece over the past 7 months, but it seems like it might be time for me to move on to other things in my life that I have been neglecting or putting off.
Posted by SakuraDestiny

source: http://www.vegapunk.com/news.php

Kraco
Thu, 08-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Well, VP might still continue. Let's hope it does. It would suck to find yet another fansubbing group.

Though can't blame SakuraDestiny... Going to work in Japan is no cheap excuse for quitting fansubbing...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-23-2007, 03:38 AM
What's his job at VP again?

I hope its not translator. Everything but Translator is easy to replace.

God, what is it with One Piece. Why the hell can't this show keep a sub group together!

I gotta find a way to make DB take up One Piece...

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
If you read the comments that go along with it, basically he/she did encoding, QC, website running and distroing (getting the episode out). So, as long as someone can encode and QC it, it should still get out I would hope. Heres to crossing fingers. Also I guess theres about 4 other groups that release soft subs (two are supposedly good) that you can use with the hd raw release. So all is not lost.