PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Stardust

infidel
Tue, 08-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I saw this movie last Saturday after work, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I had a feeling that it would be a good classic fairytale -- but it turned out that it was a tale that injected romance, action, fantasy, and comedy all into one story. Also, the actors were awesome Charlie Cox, Claire Danes, and Michelle Pfeiffer all did an amazing job. But the star of this movie had to be Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare...the preview gives you a certain assumption of this character -- trust me, it's deceiving.

Anyone else see this movie, or looking forward to it?

Assertn
Wed, 08-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Went to a screening of it at Paramount. I was expecting it to be like some sort of "bewitched" movie, but it did end up being quite amusing. I thought the dead kings were the best :]

infidel
Wed, 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Went to a screening of it at Paramount. I was expecting it to be like some sort of "bewitched" movie, but it did end up being quite amusing. I thought the dead kings were the best :]
The dead kings definitely were the best part, the side commentary was hilarious.

TruthofMistake
Wed, 08-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Heh, a friend of mine has recently sent me into a Neil Gaiman binge, so I had to see this movie. I thought it was a great movie, easily one of the best I've seen this year, although the end is very different from the book. My favorite scene was probably the one where the crew is talking to De Niro after the truth comes out and my favorite line has to be the one that went like "She has a face like a bag of frogs.". Not sure why but I found it hilarious.