PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Superbad

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-20-2007, 10:19 PM
i went out to the movies today and she chose 'Superbad'. Suffice to say I wasn't very eager to drop the $30 for this feature (snacks included) as the 'high school party' concept has been done a million times over the years and...

and i was actually really impressed. I laughed at a couple things, some incredibly raunchy humor and simply outlandish characters. A ton of typical teen-movie cliches were present, but it was all composed in a slightly awkward and humorous way. I was really surprised that I enjoyed the film as much as I did.

McLovin was awesome. The girls were typical, but the cops and the scene with 'the merlot stain' was absolutely hilarious. Anyone else seen this one?

Foomanchew24
Mon, 08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Whats not to like about a girl that will go see raunchy humor instead of some chick flick. You should have thanked her for being thoughtfull and not selfish. She could have demanded you go see Hair Spray....unless you like that sort of thing. I'll wait to see this when its available online. My kids are not old enough to watch this movie.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
I saw some 12 year olds in the theater, they definitely shouldn't have been there.

That said, my friends and I were laughing pretty much non-stop. There were more than just teen movie cliches in there, there were cliches from all kinds of movies, including Seth's 'The Bodyguard' style rescue. They approached a party the right way too, most of the people there were hammered to the point of vomitting, and drunk sex was awkward, as it tends to be in real life. They definitely hit a more accurate side to the teen party movie sub-genre.

Yes it was raunchy, but Seth's 'secret' and the montage that went with it during the movie and later the credits had everyone laughing. Just thinking about the Tiananmen Square one gets me laughing.

Iridani
Tue, 08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Haven't seen it just yet but it's high up on the list of things to see. And no offense to anyone that actually likes the movie but who in their right mind would want to pick "Hair Spray" over Superbad any day? Seriously. Lame.

Foomanchew24
Tue, 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Haven't seen it just yet but it's high up on the list of things to see. And no offense to anyone that actually likes the movie but who in their right mind would want to pick "Hair Spray" over Superbad any day? Seriously. Lame.

A girl would, and they are not always in thier right mind are they?

darkmetal505
Tue, 08-21-2007, 11:10 PM
"I have a boner" - McLovin

Iridani
Tue, 08-21-2007, 11:28 PM
A girl would, and they are not always in thier right mind are they?

I'm a girl... and I'd much rather see Superbad... or gnaw my own arm off than see the other one. :P

python862
Mon, 08-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Saw this one on Sunday, gotta say, it's a good one, if not a wierd one...
I must say, the cops were definitely the best part... "I didn't mean to block your ****" (use yer imagination) Second best part was the hammered sex. If I were to rate this outta ten, I'd give it a 8.9.