PDA

View Full Version : Jdrama/Jdorama

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to create a subsection either under TV/film or Anime if you wanted to ... For discussion of J-Dorama/Jdrama and Live Action.. No point of making a vote unless I hear more people being like YEAH or NO.. but I feel Jdrama is another enjoyable Japanese export along with manga and anime (though the viewer may be different).

Zati
Fri, 08-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, it would be nice. Jdramas/doramas are great. And lol, is it because you saw my avatar? But yes, I think some people here watch Jdramas/doramas, so it's a good idea, and I support this. Not sure if the admins/mods would want to, but it'll be nice if it happens.

NM
Fri, 08-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I personally wouldn't mind having a Live Action section here at GotWoot. The only live action's I've seen are Great Teacher Onizuka and Densha Otoko but I absolutely loved the both of them.

The only thing is, most of the sections here are created based on the amount of users at GotWoot that watch it. Hence why Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, and Gundam have their own sections instead of being one long thread in General Anime. And I don't know many people here who watch live actions (but their totally missing out!). Ultimately the decision is complich's but I would like to check out more live actions as much as you guys.

Why not start a thread in General Anime for now and if you get many people posting, maybe it will happen? I do believe thats how Bleach and Gundam Seed started out.

Assassin
Fri, 08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes, you're not likely to get a section for Jdramas anytime soon. Stick to general anime, or movies/tv for the time being.

Animeniax
Fri, 08-17-2007, 11:39 PM
J-dramas have nothing to do with anime though. It would be more appropriate in the off-topic section if it didn't get it's own sub-section, but then it would disappear under an avalanche of crap posts.

J-dramas are great. I have a healthy collection of subbed j-dramas, and found some nice direct download sites.

@Zati: can you suggest any j-dramas with Maki in them that would convert me to a fan? Up till now I haven't seen her charm and can't see why so many people like her. I'm an Ueto Aya fan myself.

complich8
Sat, 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I won't create such a section unless there's already significant activity on the topic. You can make individual discussion threads in TV/Movies, and if they live and are reasonably active, I'd consider a section. (remembering that TV/Movies doesn't say "American" or even "Anglophone" on the description, it would seem to be the best fit for J-TV).

For ease of use, I'd recommend prefixing JDrama threads with "JDrama: " or a similar tag, similar to the TV: and Movie: tags in that section -- it'll make it easier both to see the activity and to pick out the relevant threads to transplant if it does end up warranting its own topic area.

Generally I don't make a new section unless there's the activity to justify it being there when someone suggests it. Basically the topic needs to prove that it's worth having a section for before I give it one. Similarly, if the topic fails to draw significant interest, then it can die quietly without me having to do anything.

Munsu
Sat, 08-18-2007, 04:46 AM
As Assassin said... there won't be a section created for it. If you want to discuss any Japanese live-action series/movie discuss it on either General Anime or the TV/Movie section. The General Anime section, I'm pretty sure we've already discussed Densha no Otoko in there and I think Garo too.

Also, if you want to ask for recommendations ask in this thread:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=15106

Edit: I guess comp's idea is good too, in the TV/Movie section... might move the other live-action threads there later.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-18-2007, 06:08 AM
This isn't a gripe or a challenge of authority or anything, but those of us who love J-dramas would as soon group them in with American TV shows as we would group American made cartoons in with Japanimation. They're just not the same. For discussion purposes on this forum though, the TV/movies section will be fine.

Hikyuu
Sat, 08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Alright, I will probably Start something in the TV thread-- Won't know who watches it until I make the topics I guess ^^.. It might be they didn't exist previously because dont associate gotwoot with J-drama.. maybe It should Diversify :D Thanks for the feedback though , users, mods and old skool folk.. :P~

YaGaMi
Thu, 08-30-2007, 05:46 PM
If you'd like to get a sub section for drama's I think it would be more popular if you also include Korean, Taiwan, Chinese dramas etc to along with the J-Dramas and foreign movies in the same section, this way there would definitely be more discussion.