PDA

View Full Version : DF's Farewell Contest

Deadfire
Tue, 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
I've been meaning to make a Sig contest for a long while, just never could come to do it. But With me leaving, I decided it was now or never so here it is

Purpose: Contestants will be making a Sig and a Avatar with the following rules:

The Theme of the both will be : "Farewell" or "Leaving"
The Size will be 100 x 100 pixels for Avatar
The Size will be 500 x 125 pixels for Sig (Yes that is bigger then normal you will see why in a moment)
The Due Date for submissions is Tuesday August 21st at 3 PM CST.
After the Due Date for submissions with will be a poll that will run for 1 week.
Submissions will be PMed to NM
One submission per person

Prizes:

1st Place:

Will get to have a increased signature image size on the forums to 500 x 125
Will get a custom title of their own choosing
Will have Deadfire's Avatar and signature image changed to their submission

2nd Place:

Will get to have a increased signature image size on the forums to 500 x 125

As you can see this contest has a really good prize. Just to note as well if you wish you can use optional things like "Deadfire", "DF", or Saber. However if you can see from the rules I'm not picking it. Your peers will be, Don't worry about if I like it :p

I should also point out I or another staff member will be changing these rules, but we will inform you all of it..

Any Questions? ask away

Lucifus
Tue, 08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Jesus Deadfire.....could ya have picked a worse time? I havn't slept because of one long chain of unexpected and pain in the arse events. Here I come home to check GW and head to bed and you pop this on me.......

I can't resist Photoshop.

Question: Can we do multiple submissions?:D

Deadfire
Tue, 08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Jesus Deadfire.....could ya have picked a worse time? I havn't slept because of one long chain of unexpected and pain in the arse events. Here I come home to check GW and head to bed and you pop this on me.......

I can't resist Photoshop.

Question: Can we do multiple submissions?:D

lol you have a week dude, get some sleep.

Anyways no, one submission per person please :P

NM
Tue, 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Remember guys, PM your finished sig to me (I won't be entering since I'm running the contest). Once the deadline is up, I'll host the sigs myself and set up the poll.

And while I'm at it, I think its best to keep each artist unknown when it comes to poll time (so nobody will pick favorites or feel they have to vote for his/her sig for whatever reasons), just like we did last time.

Come on guys! Who else is participating? This is your chance to get your sig size increased! Never before has this been offered as a prize for our sig contests (seriously)!

LaZie
Tue, 08-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Hmm. It sounds interesting and I will think about it! Of course that custom title is drawing me in...and I could care less about the 500x125 size increasement.

Lucifus
Wed, 08-15-2007, 05:32 AM
Damn! Its LaZie! That means I've got some good competition.

Anyways, we should be remaining anonymous, meaning I shouldn't show anyone my work just yet. However, I do want someone to critique my work, so can I like show a single person and ask em what they think? Like say, NM, or DF himself.:cool:

Already got a kickazz submission done.

Edit: Um.....what in the name of the interweb?

The last post won't update?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/5986/glitchzb9.jpg

NM
Wed, 08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Strange...I don't know why that happened. Maybe with my post it will update. I'll edit this one after I've posted.

And about critiquing, I think its ok to ask for help but you shouldn't show it to DF for advice just so we can keep his farewell sig a surprise. :p

EDIT: It works. Must've been a minor glitch I suppose.

Zinobi
Thu, 08-16-2007, 01:23 AM
I don't think I can say no to this...
I'll get started right away General Deadfire! *salutes*

NM
Mon, 08-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Reminder to anyone participating: Entries have to be in tomorrow! I'll set up the poll sometime tomorrow night and I'll put threads in the other popular sections of the forum (mainly General Anime, Naruto, and General Discussion) to get people to vote. As for the sig increase, I'll let complich know about it in IRC.