PDA

View Full Version : TV: Numb3rs

Munsu
Sun, 08-12-2007, 02:09 AM
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9320/numb3rswideweb430x231yx0.jpg

I started watching this a couple of weeks ago; I just finished watching the second season. I'm going to wait till the 3rd season is out on DVD before watching the rest. I'm liking this series plenty. I like how the series has multiple "plots" in each episode, and it's not all focused on solving the "crime of the day". Charlie is alright by me... I call him the "MILF Hunter". Hopefully he'll get it on with Amita, which I suspect he does on season 3, since I doubt she went to Harvard.

Season 4 returns September 28.

Anyways, anyone here watches this series?

We all use math every day ... Inspired by actual cases and experiences, Numb3rs depicts the confluence of police work and mathematics in solving crime. An FBI agent recruits his mathematical genius brother to help solve a wide range of challenging crimes in Los Angeles from a very different perspective. Numb3rs stars David Krumholtz as Charlie Eppes, Rob Morrow as Don Eppes, Judd Hirsch...

Foomanchew24
Sun, 08-12-2007, 08:06 AM
My wife makes me watch this with her. Some episodes are better than others. Theres not much on fridays so this is ok.

Go download season three from Mininova or somewhere. I just finished watching the first two season of House thanks to Mininova and burned 4 episodes to a dvd with ConvertXtoDvd.

Munsu
Sun, 08-12-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm waiting for dvdrips. That's the version I want to watch. Right now I'm watching Criminal Minds, so this can wait a month or so.

Animeniax
Mon, 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Numb3rs is like Bones but without the cute chicks: ie, some nerd helps a cop solve crimes, trying to show that math and science aren't a waste of time, and those jocks in high school wasted their time hanging out and having sex and playing ball when they could have been learning math to save the world.

The other differences between the series: the nerds in Bones are more likable, the cop is cooler, and the premise is more believable. Unfortunately for the producers of Numb3rs, math can't actually solve all of the world's problems.

Still worth watching, unless you dislike nerds that much.

Penner
Sat, 05-02-2009, 08:43 AM
Uh, i searched the boards for "Numb3rs" and this is the one it found, thread seems a wee bit old, sup with that? ;P

Anyway, latest ep was great, Brian Howe (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397788/) was excellent as the serial killer.

Munsu
Sat, 05-02-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm quite a few episodes behind, I'm at episode 10 or so of this season. It'll be a while before I decide to catch up. Maybe in 2 months.

David75
Sat, 05-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I think I droped it in the middle of season 2 when it was broadcasted here, in France.
I got tired with the concept I guess.

Munsu
Sat, 05-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I think I droped it in the middle of season 2 when it was broadcasted here, in France.
I got tired with the concept I guess.
I've been losing interest in the series myself... I think mainly because I hate the father. I really enjoyed the early seasons, but as you say I may be tiring of the concept too.

Penner
Sat, 05-09-2009, 09:43 AM
w00t! sneaky ending right there!

Munsu
Tue, 09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Just finished up the season. I struggled a bit with it, but I really liked the final couple of episodes.

So Charlie proposed to Amita... what do you think his answer will be? And can someone please kill the dad or give him some cancer?

Season 6 begins on the 25th.

Penner
Sat, 01-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Numb3rs may still get renewed after all (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/09/three-rivers-axed-numb3rs-not-dead/)

Great news for me because i (still) love the show ;D