PDA

View Full Version : TV: Flash Gordon (2007)

Munsu
Fri, 08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4579/flashgordonhomeve5.jpg

Show premieres tonight on Sci-Fi at 9:00 pm, hopefully it'll turn out to be good.

This new series brings the famed comic strip character to the small screen for a contemporary look at his intergalactic adventures. Look for beloved characters like Ming, Dale Arden, and Dr. Hans Zarkov!

Flash Gordon has been produced by Reunion Pictures and distributed internationally by RHI Entertainment. The series has been given a 22 episode initial order by the network.

The actor that played Lana's first boyfriend on Smallville is playing Flash, and some of the chicks on the show don't look bad at all.

Munsu
Sun, 08-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Here's the first episode:
http://www.mybittorrent.com/info/898140/

I think the episode wasn't good. I'll probably watch it from time to time for when I'm bored, but I don't think many of you will enjoy it. Hopefully it'll get better later on.

YaGaMi
Tue, 08-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I remember the old Flash Gordon movies but I'm going to wait and see if this series is any good before I decide to watch it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Can I get a break down of the show, I recall the name, but not the plot. What is the premise of this show???

-dg-

XanBcoo
Tue, 08-14-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm gonna try and catch this on Sci-Fi when it airs.

But if I don't hear Freddie Mercury's voice in the intro, I will feel severely let down.

Assassin
Tue, 08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Ugh, this show is so bad. Like, just horribly bad. Bad acting, bad story, bad costumes (for shits sake, i've seen better costumes at anime conventions), and bad animation.

Flash see's some dude in an RV following him, so what does he do? He chases him down the road and climbs on the fuckign roof while the car is moving. Then he somehow slides down to the windshield and says "stop, i wanna talk to you!".....wtf is that??

Oh, and the door to this guys palce suddenly explodes.....neither flash nor the chick show any surprise, or 'take cover' like you'd normally would. Instead they just look at each other and say "you first". Because, you know....when a door explodes for no reason, there's no need to be surprised...you just have to walk in calmly and investigate.

Munsu
Tue, 08-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah it's poorly written. Pisses me off that they cancelled Dresden Files in favor of this shit.

YaGaMi
Wed, 08-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Assassin you've definitely put me off this. I can avoid this one knowing it won't be much good.

Munsu
Mon, 08-27-2007, 03:29 AM
I just watched episodes 2 and 3. There's an improvement from the first episode, but still not a series I would recommend. The three chicks in the series are good looking, so that at least keeps me watching for now.

Super5
Tue, 08-28-2007, 04:16 PM
I just watched episodes 2 and 3. There's an improvement from the first episode, but still not a series I would recommend. The three chicks in the series are good looking, so that at least keeps me watching for now.
I need something better than eye candy to keep me watching. Anyway, Flash may be just too out-of-date for today's audience. The old Flash movie was ridiculously cheesy, but it fit into the times. And the plot wasn't half bad, which at least made it interesting. But this show has not much plot and it's overshadowed by other hero-shows where the characters have better powers. I'm thinking this one is headed for cancellation.

Munsu
Tue, 08-28-2007, 07:26 PM
The problem with this show has nothing to do with Flash not having powers, and everything to do with awful writing, directing, effects, etc.