PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Voltron

Yukimura
Fri, 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I heard they were thinking about making a modern version of this a la Transformers and did some research. Found a script review here (http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=65).

From the gist I got it looks like they're not ignoring the original Japanese Golion and the script has darker tones than the U.S version, In addition to being set very differently.

All I really remember of Voltron was that it had a really pimp sword that it could summon and chop things in half (thanks Robot Chicken). Anyway...thoughts? comments?

Animeniax
Fri, 08-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Is it the cars and trucks Voltron or the lions and tigers Voltron?

Illrenmazou
Fri, 08-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Just lions...

From what I've read in the article, they'll only feature the lion Voltron (Golion) but will still pay homage to both robots by including the leader of the the vehicle voltron (Dairugger XV) in the story.

So they'll make the story very different. Interesting.

Hikyuu
Fri, 08-10-2007, 05:47 PM
ooo ooo... I'll form the head :D

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-10-2007, 09:31 PM
ooo ooo... I'll form the head :D

I will form the blazing sword!

-dg-

saman
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:18 PM
lol seriously? i can't even find anyone in real life who's heard of voltron.

"VOOOOOLTROOON! *excessive mouthflaps*" da da da daaa da da daaaaa...

Animeniax
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
You hang around with the wrong kind of people. Anyone who doesn't know who Voltron is probably cares about their physical appearance and personal hygiene, and that's just wrong.

Illrenmazou
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Voltron's design in the movie:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5258/1186720745715hv6.jpg

You know I'm kidding right?

Foomanchew24
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Not only did I watch voltron when I was kid but I had all 5 tigers/lions. They were sweet. I also remember the first atari with pong it was pretty cool too.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-11-2007, 12:20 AM
I wanted the 5 lions but couldn't afford them. I'd prefer they came out with an updated anime based on Voltron, rather than a live-action movie.

Saman, I forgot you were a chick, your name being Sa-"man". Please change your name so I won't keep slipping and make fun and kill any chances of hooking up.

saman
Sat, 08-11-2007, 12:00 PM
haha sorry pal. as it happens, i rather like my name, so that won't happen any time soon. besides, it's not pronounced "sa-man". as for my choice of friends, what can i say? i guess i just like hanging out with people who don't look like hobos and smell like BO.

lol at illrenmazou's picture. *saves*

Idealistic
Wed, 08-15-2007, 04:30 PM
You hang around with the wrong kind of people. Anyone who doesn't know who Voltron is probably cares about their physical appearance and personal hygiene, and that's just wrong.

I hope I never walk into you then.... I too have never heard of Voltron.