PDA

View Full Version : Changing vote on polls

Animeniax
Fri, 08-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Is there a way to change your vote on a poll? If not, is it possible to add this feature?

I guess one way would be to create two alternate accounts, then vote twice in the opposite direction (one to cancel the first and the second as your official new stance).

Kraco
Fri, 08-10-2007, 07:04 AM
I think it's better not to have such an option. It's rarely that you give a wrong vote by accident, so the damage isn't really that huge in the big picture. However, if it was allowed, people would go back and change their votes arbitrarily, and in the worst case scenario in order to join the majority (or minority).

Besides, it's not often that you are given such an option in the real life either. And seeing how you are twice as old as most people here, you have had plenty of time already to get used to carefully judging the options before making your choice.

And moreover: Internet is serious business!

David75
Fri, 08-10-2007, 07:24 AM
And we just go back to the fact that there isn't that much polls in the first place...

Animeniax
Fri, 08-10-2007, 07:56 AM
They could limit it to one or two changes at most. We're all only human after all, born to make mistakes. Even me, though with less frequency than most.

complich8
Fri, 08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
not possible without code mods. not a great idea. not happening.

You're seriously doing what your sig says you're doing, aren't you? You should stop before someone catches on.