PDA

View Full Version : What are Sasuke's goals?

Super5
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
When Team Hebi is formed, Sasuke states that the team only has one goal: to kill Itachi. But what are Sasuke's other goals? Earlier on, Suigetsu tells prisoners that they are free and to spread the word that Sasuke is going to bring "peace and safety to the world". It's not clear if Sasuke instructed him to do this, however.

So, if Sasuke approved this message, what does he mean by it? After killing Itachi (assuming he's successful), how will he bring peace to the world? My theory is that he will attempt to eliminate all the bijuu. Akatsuki has already done most of the work in bringing the bijuu into one place (the summoned statue), so Sasuke just needs to figure out how to destroy it along with the bijuu. This would certainly bring peace to the world, since from other sources (for example, Chiyo) we know that the bijuu were used in the ninja wars as weapons through the creation of Jinchuuriki.

If true, this would also set up a confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke. As the strongest Jinchuuriki, he would have to be killed (or the Kyuubi extracted) for Sasuke to meet this goal. Thoughts?

Assertn
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I think Suigetsu is just talking shit.

Kensee
Wed, 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
It's an interesting theory, but I just think he wants to kill his brother. That's about it.

February
Wed, 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
It's an interesting theory, but I just think he wants to kill his brother. That's about it.

yes i second that

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I think that a better thread topic could have been, what are the goals of the Hebi members? I mean really. What is in it for them? -dg-

Darthmoe
Thu, 08-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I think for Suigetsu, he wants to confront Kisame, and that's why he is traveling with Sasuke because Itachi and Kisame are partners.

For the girl, she just wants to ravage sasuke.

And the other dude, is helping sasuke because Kimimaro was the only one who could control his murderous rages, but now kimimaro is dead and sasuke is the only who could control him and make him stop hurting people.

Tenbatsu
Thu, 08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Wasn't it just a way for the writer to let konoha know what sasuke was up to?

Yukimura
Thu, 08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Very early on I believe Sasuke mentioned an interest in restoring his clan, ostensibly this would be after killing Itachi and anyone Itachi may convince him is also responsible for the destruction of the clan.

ody
Thu, 08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
I think Sasuke wants to have a long-term relationship with Sakura eventually. Maybe he will attend his dream university if he stops his rebellious ways... Oh well, only time will tell.

February
Thu, 08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Very early on I believe Sasuke mentioned an interest in restoring his clan, ostensibly this would after killing Itachi and anyone Itachi may convince him is also responsible for the destruction of the clan.

This ressurection of the Uchiha plan that he talked about, makes me wonder....what method can he use to achieve it? Maybe thats why he brought along Karin? To make her have Uchiha babys to revive his clan? ( lol sorry kidding)

ian_sanzo
Sat, 08-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Suigetsu did told the prisoners to spread the word about sasuke bringing peace and safety to the world. But, i dont recall anything that Sasuke knows what Suigetsu told did and told the prisoners. If i remember correctly, they got seperated that time. And therfore, Sasuke doesn't have any bit of idea about whats that Suigetsu is doing behind his back.

itadakimasu
Sat, 08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
yeah.. suigetsu came out of nowhere with the talk of sasuke bringing peace to the world. and yes... the uchiha clan will be revived by means of sasuke making many uchiha babies with both karin and sakura.

Stoopider
Sun, 08-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Killing Itachi, and getting groovy with some poor girl to continue his bloodline. Maybe Hinata and have some really weird eye kids.

February
Mon, 08-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Killing Itachi, and getting groovy with some poor girl to continue his bloodline. Maybe Hinata and have some really weird eye kids.

hinata? Byakuringan? or one eye sharingan and one eye byakugan kids? that would be overpowered

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-13-2007, 04:41 PM
as in favor of Byakuringan as I am, I agree that Sasuke's one and only goal is to kill Itachi. However, I also suspect he may soon be overcome by the same desire that snared his brother 'to see what he is capable of'. This, and his stubbornly selfish desire to do things his own way, will bring him to fight Naruto, who is Sasuke's real rival.

i can't imagine him just coming back to the village... he's caused them a great deal of trouble... obviously, though, the only way the show can end is with Naruto literally "beating sense" into him and Sasuke pulling an emotional and mental 180, ala Sai, and then deciding that having friends and a place to belong is really all he needs.

Super5
Mon, 08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Maybe Sasuke doesn't know what Suigetsu said, and it's just Suigetsu's idea of a joke to promise peace and safety to some poor prisoners. That would fit in with his character, at least what we've seen so far about him.

But even if Sasuke didn't have anything to do with Suigetsu's message, what do you think he will do after he kills Itachi (assuming he's still alive)? The consensus seems to be that he will try to revive his clan. It is true that he stated this as his goal during the formation of Team 7, but have his goals changed after all that time with Orochimaru? If his clan's revival is still his only other goal, then there is no reason for him to fight Naruto unless Naruto interferes or picks a fight with him. His secondary goal might have changed to "prove that he's the best" with the clan revival at a distant third.

I don't think that he'll ever come back to the village, no matter what his goals are. He had plenty of chances during the whole "Sasuke chase" arc to repent of his choice to forsake his village, but he went ahead. I imagine his pride and stubborness will make it impossible to go back to Konoha. To me, Sasuke is the tragic character - the one with a tough life that never has it easy. The tragic character usually dies.