PDA

View Full Version : Epic Nature Battle

animus
Wed, 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
http://www.aolvideoblog.com/2007/08/08/battle-at-kruger/

Just a video link that I watched that I thought was amazing.

"It's been called one of the greatest nature videos of all time -- all caught on tape ... by accident. You may have seen it featured on iCaught last night; a pride of lions attacks a young buffalo. While working to take down their prey, an alligator attempts to wrestle the kill away from the lions -- a tug of war ensues. And just when that ends, the herd of buffalo return to rescue their own. Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? We wouldn't have believed it either, but here it is."

Short description of the video from that site.

?igma
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
This is the best nature clip I've ever seen.. I've never even seen this on like, national geographic. Sweet.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM
A bunch of people are about to get rickrolled!

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
The video was pretty good -- I didn't watch all the way through.. after the wildebeest came back to own the pride I kinda stopped watching.. But it ws pretty awesome (besides stupid filmer's commentary)

animus
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
It's not a rickroll. Too lazy to do something so elaborate.

masamuneehs
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:38 PM
that is very impressive.
at first it wasn't much, and the alligator was a little lackluster, but then when the 40+ wildabeasts come back, that's just crazy! A lion may be king of the jungle, but dozens of angry horned motherfuckers will dethrone every time!

Board of Command
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
That's a lot of beef.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:55 PM
That's a lot of beef.
I got hungry after watching this video

Board of Command
Wed, 08-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I can use a buffalo burger just about now.

Honoko
Wed, 08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I watched it w/o sound. Best thing I've seen in a while.

XanBcoo
Wed, 08-08-2007, 06:49 PM
That was actually pretty cool. Odd to think that the wildebeests might have a sense of vengeance.

Hikyuu
Wed, 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Was it vengeance or were they performing a rescue mission?

Splash!
Wed, 08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
^^ It was actually a SUCCESSFUL rescue mission. Those buffaloes are badass. Poor lions were completely surrounded and outnumbered.

Wow, this was one awesome video. Good thing the lions won that tug of war with the crocodile or the buffalo rescue mission could have turned even more ugly. Pretty sure the whole herd would go super crazy when they wouldnt be able to find the calf.

Animeniax
Wed, 08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
To complete the cycle of nature, the humans should have pulled out assault rifles and slaughtered the herd of buffalo, then left their carcasses for the hyenas and vultures, or just to rot and waste. Then the humans should have invaded a nearby village and sacked the town and claimed all of their natural resources for king and country. Then immigrants should move into the village and the "new native population" will complain about them and treat them like shit. That's how nature goes.

Zinobi
Fri, 08-10-2007, 02:40 AM
That was pretty jaw dropping. Poor calf though...what did it do to deserve that?...I mean other than being the slowest out of the bunch of wildebeest. Yeah, definitely a good thing that the lions won the tug-o-war or else that calf would have been done for completely. I'm pretty sure they couldn't have rescued the calf at that point. Good to see that the herd didn't just leave the calf behind either, always like seeing that in nature in the case of the video.

Animeniax
Fri, 08-10-2007, 06:41 AM
@Xanbcoo and Hikyuu: it looked like vengeance when the yaks continued to attack the lions even after the calf was in the clear.

@Zinobi: it's eat or be eaten in the jungle, and predatory animals almost always go for the weakest prey of the bunch. Explains why so many people go after Mizuchi on these forums. I'm really surprised the calf was able to walk away from that, after being bitten and dragged by lions and then crocodiles too. I'd imagine it dies later in the week of infection or internal damage.

Raven
Sat, 08-11-2007, 11:32 PM
I liked the part where the lioness got bucked into the air. Funny.

That calf wouldn't survive long, I imagine. It looked like they bit most of its throat out.

WRX Sti
Thu, 08-16-2007, 03:01 AM
lmao, quantity over quality :P that was prety good vid.... thx for sharing :P