PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: Shippuuden Episodes 22-23

boilerph
Thu, 08-02-2007, 09:30 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns022-023.torrent

Oops forgot to put "Episodes" in the title

Foomanchew24
Thu, 08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Didn't get good till the end of the episode. Hopefully we will wrap this fight up before the end of the year. The fights with the clones are getting bothersome. Oh well, back to my hole to wait for next weeks episode.

Assertn
Fri, 08-03-2007, 12:30 AM
A lot of awkward scenes......but I guess thats hard to avoid when animating people controlling puppets.

Man.....they covered a LOT more of Sasori's past than the manga did. I'm glad they explained how the white fang was connected to Chiyo, because I never understood why she attacked Kakashi when that first happened in the manga. I always thought Sasori turned his parents into puppets, but I guess that would be weird if he did that and then remained in the Sand village for a while afterwards.

Idealistic
Fri, 08-03-2007, 01:40 AM
It didn't get good until the end.

Watching the anime, from now on, I can always say, Zetsu's traps would have owned everyone. He should be the last boss.

Unless..... We find out those traps are just a genjutsu.

redcat
Fri, 08-03-2007, 03:38 AM
I hope sakura does something with her strength in the next episode other than punch something really hard. anyway good ep.

DayoftheDante
Fri, 08-03-2007, 03:53 AM
I had wondered why Orochimaru would have received the death penalty in his village for experimenting on his colleagues, yet Sasori was allowed to live on after turning his parents into puppets. So yeah, the anime cleared that up for me as well. I like Sasori's voice actor and how he says his lines-he's calm, but not robotic like Itachi. Sakura finishes her "interrogation" speech and his response is to fire kunai at her. He seemed a little surprised at the end but still didn't give her any compliments, just called her punching act lame. Such a cool bastard.

Kraco
Fri, 08-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I don't think they were that bad episodes, all things considered. Of course I'm getting really pissed off by the stupid clone fights like everybody, but fortunately they didn't get that much screen time. Deidara vs Naruto-Kakashi situation naturally had zero development, but honestly that was to be expected. The Sasori fight had interesting moments, though, and avoided many of the pitfalls of the previous eps.

Although I still don't know why Sakura didn't end the whole battle by throwing an exploding tag kunai at Sasori while he was majorly distracted during the intensive puppet hand to hand combat. Sakura initially seemed to have lots of development from the original series, but if you look at her during this fight, her greatest accomplishments are from the times she was acting as the granny's puppet. Otherwise she has just stared blankly and covered herself with her hands like the old Sakura when attacked - just waiting for some new miracle to save her every time. Honestly, if she doesn't finally grow up during this fight, she never will.

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
agree with Kraco, Sakura is still determined and sometimes shows flashes of brilliance through her ability and selflessness, but I always thought she was supposed to be smart...
She has yet to capitalize on any openings (or even try to make them). Worst of all, she freezes up in critical situations. Props to the explosive tag move.

Speaking of explosive tags, why doesn't someone use one on Deidara? It was mentioned that Kakashi should be able to use his Sharingan to have better aim, maybe even some prediction ability. He's smart, as we've seen, so why not set a small trap for Deidara? He could throw some kunai, make Deidara dodge in a pre-conceived way, and throw explosive kunais at whichever spots he's likely to end up in: bang goes the bird. He could also stop, let Deidara think he's gone back to the cave (even let him overhear as much) and then let Naruto hold his own for 30 seconds or so while he gets in position and surprises Deidara...

The flashbacks with Sasori were the best. At first, I was confused too as to whether or not he'd made his parents into puppets, but that seemed like such an evil thing for so young a kid to do, especially as his first puppets...

Bringing me back to Sakura. Do something aside from punching! Sasori has been super calm all this time, being on the offensive since Hiruko got destroyed until the very end of this episode when Sakura punched the Iron Sand back at him

(which could have been easily countered by having him slacken the 'magnetic hold' on the mound, letting her punch into it w/o sending it flying, then quickly reversing the magnetism and pulling the mass into a crushing iron cage around her arm... let's see the bitch fight one-handed...)

Sakura doesn't seem to have learned any Genjutsu at all, even though she was declared to be a natural at it early on in the series. She's been thrown herself by fighting illusions of people she cares about, and now she sees Sasori looking at his first puppets, puppets of his dead parents, otherwise useless puppet items on the battlefield, and she doesn't know to use it in reverse? Using a Genjutsu to make the parent puppets seem alive could quite easily break Sasori's concentration, after all that's what he's wanted all his life... Hell, it's what I'd do...

Naruto is still lame. Clones are still lame (bad animation for Gai's fight as well). Sakura is often lame. If it weren't for Chiyo and Sasori (w/ occasionally funny comments from Deidara, even though he acted pretty stupid this whole episode) I'd be having a full blown fit.

Not to say the episode was bad; I still enjoyed a majority of it.

Inazuma
Fri, 08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Episode rating : Meh

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 08-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Now this is what filler should be, I've read the manga up to this fight and i gotta say the added flashback scenes explain many questions I had about Sasori, not to mention make me feel sympathetic for him even more. Sasori really is a tragic villain.

Once again, Sasori = badass, woot! I think i love his 'calm' demeanour the best.

Aside from the Gai team fights and the pointless Naruto chasing Deidara and shouting "KAKASHI!" twice when he left him behind w/ an explosive, i gotta say, this ep was one of the best the shipuuden have produced so far.

HachimonTonkou
Fri, 08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
were sasori's parents killed by "konoha's white fang?" because I don't think he openly killed them and then turned them into puppets if they keep showing them wrapping their arms around the kid sasori.

also, for a special naruto episode, there wasn't much. I was hoping to see more special techniques instead of the repetitive and failing kaiten and konoha sempus. not bad though overall.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
From what I gather, what happened is Sasori's parents were killed by Kakashi's father, and then Sasori made regular puppets that looked like his parents. He didn't make them from his parents bodies. That's why they don't have his parents jutsus.

I really liked this episode. It had the thing that I felt has been missing for a long time, and thats the classic Naruto music. It's been a long time since I've heard that "electric guitar mixed with japanese instruments" music during a fight scene and it just makes the whole thing much more enjoyable.

Of course, we get to see Sasori's tragic past. Because nobody in the entire show can do anything without flashing back to the horrible shit that happened sometime before the series began.

I'd just love to see a villain who flashes back to his totally happy childhood and how one day he just decided he was gonna be a dick for the rest of his life.

Penner
Fri, 08-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Oho, one of the better eps in Shippuuden so far.

The Sasori fight was alright, altho big props to the awesome metal-ish guitar music, loved it :D, the music in Shippuuden has been kinda...lacking.

Naruto & Kakashi chasing Deidara is just bleh and the Team Gai clone-wars needs to get finished already...

Overall decent ep, but mostly due to Sasori being awesome and bitchin' guitar music^^

Konohamaru
Sat, 08-04-2007, 12:14 PM
That was the best shipuuden episode for a long time, I enjoyed the puppet fight cos the music made it awesome. That fight shows how puppets can really be used. It was basically the master against the student. I love watching them types of fights cos it's always the student that comes up with all the flash and having the cool moves and then the master will just do something out the blue and basic that it owns the students, haha. That music was really kick -ass though cos I thought the music was pretty lame in shipuuden and doesn't suit the show.

The past about sasori was much more detailed than in the manga, cos I too thought he turned his parents into puppets. I was looking forward to this fight being animated when I read it and I'm still enjoying it cos I forgot what happens in the fight, been so long since I read it.

Can't wait till next episode now :D

ody
Sat, 08-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Another hot garbage episode released.

Board of Command
Sat, 08-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Another hot garbage episode released.
I agree.

The Bad

- They continue to waste time with Team Gai's fights. Enough already. Either end the fights or don't show them at all. We know all those "clones" are evenly matched. We get it.

- The Deidara chase is approaching Team Gai territory. Again, if there isn't any progress, then don't waste time on those scenes.

- Anything else that didn't belong to the Sasori fight.

The Good

- Sasori's past, since it's the only real development in this 40-minute episode.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-05-2007, 01:33 AM
The diedera and team gai battles are no different than when the 3rd spent 5 episodes with a sword in his chest way back in the day.

Of couse, that sucked back in the day too.

But still, its nothing new.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-05-2007, 01:35 AM
But that was at least dramatic. Chasing Deidara while hopping on tree roots is not.

ASSpirine
Sun, 08-05-2007, 04:51 PM
The diedera and team gai battles are no different than when the 3rd spent 5 episodes with a sword in his chest way back in the day.

Of couse, that sucked back in the day too.

But still, its nothing new.

Luckily I didn't watch Naruto back then, and when I did, I watched right through that part. So it wasn't really annoying. But I did noticed it.

Chiyo said that the puppeteering is passed down from one generation to another. If she would say that it stays in one family, then ther e could be a link between them and Kankuro. Although I seriously doubt it.

Kinda bored :p

Kraco
Sun, 08-05-2007, 05:05 PM
If she would say that it stays in one family, then ther e could be a link between them and Kankuro. Although I seriously doubt it.

There are probably more puppet master families in Sand than one. Although considering it's a relatively isolated ninja village, it's not impossible they could be more or less distant relatives. It would end that way even if there had originally been only one family if there had been more than one interested children. But it's not really relative either way.

Assertn
Sun, 08-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree.

The Bad

- Anything else that didn't belong to the Sasori fight.

The Good

- Sasori's past, since it's the only real development in this 40-minute episode.

So in other words, 30 out of the 40 minutes were good.

Board of Command
Sun, 08-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Was it that long? It felt pretty short. It was definitely no Tenjou Tenge.

masamuneehs
Sun, 08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
on the : could Kankuro and Sasori be related front-

It would be a little strange, because then Sasori would be related to Gaara (and Chiyo talked about Gaara's father and sealing the Bijuu in Gaara without even anything resembling emotion). They could be inter-related somehow, but I wouldn't go out on the limb that just because Sasori's family uses Puppet Jutsu and that Kankuro does also means they're all related...

I always thought the Puppets were the Sand's solution to not having many wild animals at their disposal for summoning. So far they've been the only Village to use puppets (Oro's Zombie Summoning of the previous Hokages is a little different, but I'd not be surprised to see the relationship between he and Sasori as having helped him develop that Jutsu), while Konoha ninja summon animals alot of the time...

itadakimasu
Sun, 08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
im agreeing with those who said it didn't get good until the end. I am about to watch it again though because i watched it w\out sound (no speakers or headphones on hotel computer) so... going to watch again in a few minutes.

I want the sasori fight to end already... i want to see naruto and kakashi kick some ass

Konohamaru
Mon, 08-06-2007, 12:34 PM
After that fight, I hope we see Kankouro next time with his own made puppets. Be awesome.

Super5
Wed, 08-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Sand ninja do summon animals, as Temari showed in the fight with the Sound ninjas. She summoned a weasel, albeit one that looked pretty scarred and rough. She's the only one that I can remember though.

Yukimura
Thu, 08-09-2007, 07:17 PM
I want the sasori fight to end already... i want to see naruto and kakashi kick some ass

Lol, that's pretty much what all the manga readers were saying after the second month of this fight ended and it was still going on.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
I remember waiting on it to end. And they didn't even cut back and forth to Naruto/Deidara once till almost the end. Which was like two years later.