PDA

View Full Version : I don't think he's a villain

Darthmoe
Thu, 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
It seems to me that Itachi is not actually a villain, but instead was forced to do the evil things he did.

When he came to capture Naruto initially, he told Kurenai and Asuma that he did not intend to hurt them and it seems like he had chances to kill them (Kurenai Asuma Kakashi) but did not deliver fatal blows, instead just tried to stop them.

For some reason, i think Itachi used Mangekyou Sharingan on Kakashi so that Kakashi could copy the technique/ learn how it works, and use it himself for good. By good i mean that Itachi probably has similar motives to the Konoha ninja, but is in a complicated situation.

The situation being Tobi's control over Akatsuki / Itachi. Someone mentioned on the boards that they thought Tobi actually is the one who made Itachi wipe out his clan. And Itachi probably was not supposed to leave Sasuke alive, but did because he is not a villain, and needed someone to surpass him and eliminate Tobi.

And then, Kisame says "From here, it looks like you are crying, Itachi" He seems good.

darkmetal505
Thu, 08-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Itachi is the disgruntled youth who comes of age in the Narutoverse.

Assassin
Thu, 08-02-2007, 07:56 PM
There is absolutely no proof of anything you said.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
There is absolutely no proof of anything you said.

Hes right all your have is speculation. Also I kinda hope your wrong about Itachi turning out to be a good guy. Im tired of the whole "bad guy turning good" because they have a encounter with Naruto(or any anime character like him).

February
Thu, 08-02-2007, 08:42 PM
although it seems unlikely, your speculation is very interesting. If true, it would be a huge twist to the storyline and I would enjoy it alot.

Assertn
Thu, 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, it sounds like the popular sentiment among the manga rumors is that Itachi finds Naruto's group in this next chapter.

We'll see if it's true or not.

SilentSnake
Fri, 08-03-2007, 07:12 AM
highly... unlikely...

just because Itachi is not killing those he doesn't have to (or at least tries not) doesn't mean he's a good guy.

Better word would be - simply a good ninja focused on his goals, that's all.

he has got plans for Sasuke that's for sure, but even villains have things they care about (otherwise they wouldn't really be villains, just mindless killers :P ).

Theory with Tobi - so farfetched:S

Carnage
Fri, 08-03-2007, 10:32 AM
A good ninja focused on his goals? He fucked up his first chance to capture Naruto by wasting a Tsukyomi on Sasuke.

thejustin2
Fri, 08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
he wanted to show sasuke the true power of the sharingan while hoping to convince him to kill his best friend. remember itachi doing that? thats pretty freakin evil killing your best friend for personal gain, i think. although leaving his brother alive might have shown some remorse, he still killed off everyone else with the potential to use the sharingan.

Assertn
Sat, 08-04-2007, 02:45 AM
A good ninja focused on his goals? He fucked up his first chance to capture Naruto by wasting a Tsukyomi on Sasuke.

You're assuming that he cares more about fulfilling his obligations in akatsuki than reminding Sasuke of his hatred.

February
Sun, 08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Now that I think about it, it isnt that unlikely this theory might be true. After all, we still do not know why he let Sasuke live. If he was going to kill off his parents, he might as well kill off his brother too. And the whole attack on Sasuke and etc, Itachi trying to convince Sasuke to hate him might have a strong reason. Like persuading Sasuke to get stronger to kill the Akatsuki mastermind (as you said) or trying to see the full potential of the Sharingan (since Tobi did say that Sasuke's had more 'potential' than Itachi's)

I am almost convinced that Itachi is aware of Tobi's existence as a Sharingan user. And it also seems likely that he might be receiving orders from Tobi.

But even if his goals were for a just cause, you dont kill an entire clan including your parents for your plan, even if it was something good.
The only way I dont consider Itachi a villan is if he wasnt the one who killed off the Uchiha clan. Then again, being a villian can be cool :P

Super5
Wed, 08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Seems a little outrageous to me. From my viewpoint, Itachi was trying his best to kill Kakashi and everyone he encountered in the first fight at Konoha. It's not very clear from the angle that it's drawn at, but I thought Itachi was aiming for critical spots when he was continuously stabbing Kakashi. Besides that, there is the question of whether someone can be killed by Tsukuyomi or not. He also barely missed Kurenai when he struck at her after reversing her genjutsu.

Your theory is also based on the premise that Tobi was stronger than Itachi before Itachi went missing-nin. I'm not even sure he's stronger than Itachi now - the only evidence for this is that he seems to be giving the orders behind the scenes. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's stronger, only that he's better at operating in secret. But it's a fair assumption that he is, so I won't argue the point any further.

A different theory for Itachi's actions might be that he believes in the younger generation, just like Asuma, Sandaime, etc. He challenged Sasuke to get stronger so that the next generation can surpass the previous one.

The major flaw in the theory you presented is that Itachi has committed the unforgivable sin in the Japanese view: murder of your parents and clan (extended family). This leads me to believe that Itachi is evil to the core, but Kishi could always surprise us.

Assertn
Wed, 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Seems a little outrageous to me. From my viewpoint, Itachi was trying his best to kill Kakashi and everyone he encountered in the first fight at Konoha. It's not very clear from the angle that it's drawn at, but I thought Itachi was aiming for critical spots when he was continuously stabbing Kakashi. Besides that, there is the question of whether someone can be killed by Tsukuyomi or not. He also barely missed Kurenai when he struck at her after reversing her genjutsu.
Itachi also used Tsukuyomi on Sasuke....twice....
I think it's pretty safe to say he wasn't trying to kill Sasuke.
I'm pretty sure if Itachi was really determined to kill the Konoha Jounin, he would have.

Also, I could argue that, from your viewpoint, Tobi runs away from everyone he encounters and is an overall coward who talks big. However, we now know that it was all just a deception Kishimoto gave us. Perhaps Itachi is the same way.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 08-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I am going to say that he is a villian. He did kill everyone in his village. The main qualification for any villian is being harmful to innocent people. -dg-

February
Thu, 08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I am going to say that he is a villian. He did kill everyone in his village. The main qualification for any villian is being harmful to innocent people. -dg-

The thread starter also talked about this. A possible theory is that it wasn't Itachi who killed the village members but someone else, but made it to look like he did.

Super5
Thu, 08-09-2007, 10:26 AM
@Assertn: I disagree that he could have killed the Konoha jounin if he wanted to, in the time he had. It was 3 on 2 (and they had Kakashi on their side, who's no slouch). He probably would have eventually killed the jounin if more hadn't kept arriving, but these things take time and Itachi was out of time. It still looks to me like he was trying his best to kill them, but they got lucky a couple of times and survived until reinforcements could arrive.

I don't think he was trying to kill Sasuke. Sasuke is evidently the one person he doesn't want to kill until he's at Itachi's level. So he keeps challenging and humiliating Sasuke until he gets better.

Actually, Tobi didn't run away. In the rare instances we saw him, he actually seemed to be pulling his weight. He claimed to have defeated the 3-tails, but Deidara was skeptical. Without seeing the actual battle, we can't be sure how much he did. He let Deidara fight Sasuke, but he didn't run away and actually helped in the battle when Deidara asked. He didn't come off as a coward to me, just someone who is one of the many underdeveloped characters in Naruto.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 08-09-2007, 10:55 AM
The thread starter also talked about this. A possible theory is that it wasn't Itachi who killed the village members but someone else, but made it to look like he did.

I dont think that anyone else did it. Itachi showed Sasuke how it was done. And at that stage of the MS I dont think that he could do more than just recreate the past, seems that making a new storyline while using the MS would be more advanced. But that could be wrong, who knows, all I know is that he is a villian and when the time comes if Sasukes doesnt kill him due to some new revelation about his past, I will be pissed! -dg-

Assertn
Thu, 08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
@Assertn: I disagree that he could have killed the Konoha jounin if he wanted to, in the time he had. It was 3 on 2 (and they had Kakashi on their side, who's no slouch). He probably would have eventually killed the jounin if more hadn't kept arriving, but these things take time and Itachi was out of time. It still looks to me like he was trying his best to kill them, but they got lucky a couple of times and survived until reinforcements could arrive.

What? You mean Gai? So you're saying Gai alone was enough to stop Itachi, despite Itachi having been strong enough years ago to wipe out every single Uchiha. We already know how Gai pans out against Kisame...and that was when it was 4v1 against 1/3 of Kisame's strength. Kakashi was incapacitated, and Asuma and Kurenai would've been worthless against MS.

Also, did you notice that Itachi did not actually take an aggressive stance at all during that entire encounter?

SilentSnake
Fri, 08-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Also, did you notice that Itachi did not actually take an aggressive stance at all during that entire encounter?

Before the fight:
Didn't Itachi say something along the line "we have no quarrel with you" but Kurenai and Asuma didn't want to let him and Kisame go?

Super5
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:17 AM
What? You mean Gai? So you're saying Gai alone was enough to stop Itachi, despite Itachi having been strong enough years ago to wipe out every single Uchiha. We already know how Gai pans out against Kisame...and that was when it was 4v1 against 1/3 of Kisame's strength. Kakashi was incapacitated, and Asuma and Kurenai would've been worthless against MS.

Gai is an elite jounin (he beat the 30% Kisame clone after all) so I don't know why you're hating on him. It was basically 1 on 1 in his fight with Kisame, since his entire team was incapacitated. I think he would have had an even chance against Kisame, even at full strength. He presented a formidable challenge to the Akatsuki group and Itachi knew it. Which is one of the reasons why Itachi retreated after he joined the fight (the other being the reinforcements that were coming).

He did attack Kakashi with the water technique right after Kakashi joined the fight. That seemed pretty aggressive to me; he could have just stood there waiting to counter their next move. If Itachi really wanted to avoid their fight, he and Kisame could have just run away right at the beginning. They did it easily enough later. My guess is that Asuma and Kurenai pissed him off, and he was going to kill them for interfering with him. I still maintain that Itachi is absolutely evil, but we'll see.

February
Fri, 08-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Gai is an elite jounin (he beat the 30% Kisame clone after all) so I don't know why you're hating on him. It was basically 1 on 1 in his fight with Kisame, since his entire team was incapacitated. I think he would have had an even chance against Kisame, even at full strength. He presented a formidable challenge to the Akatsuki group and Itachi knew it. Which is one of the reasons why Itachi retreated after he joined the fight (the other being the reinforcements that were coming).

He did attack Kakashi with the water technique right after Kakashi joined the fight. That seemed pretty aggressive to me; he could have just stood there waiting to counter their next move. If Itachi really wanted to avoid their fight, he and Kisame could have just run away right at the beginning. They did it easily enough later. My guess is that Asuma and Kurenai pissed him off, and he was going to kill them for interfering with him. I still maintain that Itachi is absolutely evil, but we'll see.

Whats the use of running if they are going to keep chasing you anyway?

I think Itachi retreated that time because:
1) He just used the MS, so he wasnt fully 100% anymore
2) He did not want to create a scene, being a former Konoha ninja, he must have known that eventually the ANBU and other skilled ninjas apart from Gai / Kakashi team will join the fight.

I really doubt that Gai could have taken on Itachi but we havent seen much from both of them so I'll keep my opinion to myself

SilentSnake
Fri, 08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Honestly - It was pointless to start a fight "Kisame and itachi vs Konoha" if their goal was to capture Naruto... It didn't really mattered who would kill whom and Itachi knew that.

Itachi fought, used MS, retreated, tried to get Naruto, met Jiraiya, said goodbye, told himself Naruto was weak for the time being anyway :P

Why can't it be that simple?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 08-10-2007, 09:47 PM

I dont know, Gai did have to unlock what was it 6 gates just to take out a 30% clone? That is alot of effort. I dont know if he could have taken someone with that much Chakra like Kisame one on one. As for Itachi, he only decided to leave when Gai showed up because it was then 4 against 2 and Itachi had just used the MS, so he was tapped.

If Itachi isnt a villian, I dont know who is! -dg-

masamuneehs
Mon, 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
i so thought this was going to be a thread on whether or not Sasuke is a villain, but...

The OP theory... just seems crazy! An imposter Itachi, yet Itachi acting under super mysterious orders to keep Sasuke thinking it was him... Sorry, I just don't buy it.

The guy's motivation for keeping Sasuke alive aren't clear, but him suggesting that Sasuke kill his best friend, plus the fact that Itachi apparently did this, then killed his parents and clan, and the fact that he's a key member in a group aiming for World Domination Mwahahaha! TM. suggests, somewhat strongly, that he is perhaps one of the worst villains in all of Naruto.

dsh1202
Tue, 08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I actually agree with this theory because, Itachi could have killed kakashi, but yet he did keep him alive, (very wounded yet alive), and about getting the mangekyou sharingan, If the requirement for it is to kill your best friend, how did kakashi get his? i am pretty sure he didn't kill any of his best friends. I'am not sure if this has already been revealed or anything but if it hasn't, then the requirement for the mangekyou sharingan must be something different, or kakashi found some way around it. but then again, that still raises the question why would itachi tell sasuke that it was the requirement?

Necromas
Thu, 08-16-2007, 04:46 PM
highly... unlikely...

Emphasis on highly, and unlikely.

Stoopider
Sat, 08-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Someone who kills his village. Seem pretty villanioius to me. :P

But then again, evil is subjective. Orochimaru tested on people to gain power. Itachi massacred his family.

Kyle_A
Sat, 08-18-2007, 11:45 PM
if itachi was really good then why didn't he remain in his AMBU postition? seems silly.

kAi
Mon, 08-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Because playing cop is boring, being the robber is so much more fun.

thejustin2
Wed, 08-22-2007, 11:47 AM
and once youve surpassed everyone around you, there isnt many ways to test your strengths. you would decimate everybody anyway. thats why i had to kill all my friends, to see how powerful i really was! it was tough but i managed to pull through. i had to rest for weeks afterward, but i was sure no one was going to bother me being all like "are you ok thejustin?"

flame2
Sun, 01-13-2008, 03:11 AM
It seems to me that Itachi is not actually a villain, but instead was forced to do the evil things he did.

When he came to capture Naruto initially, he told Kurenai and Asuma that he did not intend to hurt them and it seems like he had chances to kill them (Kurenai Asuma Kakashi) but did not deliver fatal blows, instead just tried to stop them.

For some reason, i think Itachi used Mangekyou Sharingan on Kakashi so that Kakashi could copy the technique/ learn how it works, and use it himself for good. By good i mean that Itachi probably has similar motives to the Konoha ninja, but is in a complicated situation.

The situation being Tobi's control over Akatsuki / Itachi. Someone mentioned on the boards that they thought Tobi actually is the one who made Itachi wipe out his clan. And Itachi probably was not supposed to leave Sasuke alive, but did because he is not a villain, and needed someone to surpass him and eliminate Tobi.

And then, Kisame says "From here, it looks like you are crying, Itachi" He seems good.

I somewhat agree.... i do not beleive Itachi is... completely evil. And yes i agree with your tobi theory BUT i do think tobi wanted him to live... so sasuke could be the 3rd MS user. (Itachi Tobi then Sasuke) Yes we know that Kakashi is a MS user HOWEVER, you have to consider the fact that the MS user would have to cooperate in using it. Kakashi wouldnt use the power to unlock the secret tengu power.

(on a a completely diffrent note, if sasuke and itachi fight for REAL, i do NOT think sasuke will win... i think Itachi will come close to killing Sasuke, then Deidara (who wasnt dead) saves sasuke in wanted to kill Itachi)

Darthmoe
Sat, 04-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Mmmhmmm, I told you.

.noname.silent
Sat, 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM
you guys are funny by overthinking it. just enjoy the manga for what it is.

Assertn
Sun, 04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Mmmhmmm, I told you.
Congrats. So did half the other members on this forum.

Darthmoe
Sun, 04-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah but i made a thread about it and stuff, so i feel extra special. Can't I have my 2 seconds of fame?