PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Chapter 285

Tsukasa
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Bleach 285 Raw (SS) (http://www.sendspace.com/file/0zx5l1)

W00t w00t. Enjoy everyone.

animus
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:58 PM
These fights really suck the fat one.

Sidnne
Fri, 07-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Is it just me or does this fight feel like it's not getting anywhere?

Kensee
Sat, 07-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Is it just me or does this fight feel like it's not getting anywhere?

Actually ... this feels like the end almost. Grimmjow had a flash back about something, he went full power and launched his attack, a helpless Ichigo somehow brought forth the power to slice through it (IT WAS HIS RESOLVE! :D ) and right before he counters, Grimmjow's face chances from crazy aggressive to a passive, and accepting type of face, similar to a face one puts on when theres nothing left for them to do.

Then again, I have no idea what was said in this chapter, lemme wait for the scan before I follow up.

Kinda an anti-climatic way to end the battle if this is the end though ...

Deadfire
Sat, 07-28-2007, 01:14 AM
285 scan by Mangashare (http://www.mangashare.com/releases/Bleach_285%5BMS%5D.zip) and a mirror link here (http://www.proxydistro.com/files/bleach/285%5BMS%5D.zip)

Sigh another chapter...

rockmanj
Sat, 07-28-2007, 02:22 AM
the backstory was interesting, and sad and all...but this fight needs a conclusion...this is becoming like one of those dumb dbz sagas...

Augury
Sat, 07-28-2007, 04:03 AM
When reading this chapter I finally realized that this fight makes no sense. Before, it had more of a slightly annoying and dragged-out feeling but now it is clear to me that Kubo Tite can prolong or shorten this as much as he wants. Whether or not Ichigo or Grimmjow's attacks are effective no longer seem to be governed by any reasonable law within the Bleach world.

What's interesting to me though is that the months and months of the entire Hueco Mundo arc has been a huge letdown since it is mimicking the Soul Society arc so closely (not that the SS arc was bad, on the contrary it was great but a complete re-run?...), and yet Bleach is still one of the few manga series that I continue to download and read within a day after its release every week. I suppose I'm hoping that it'll claw its way back out of the slump it's in...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-28-2007, 05:51 AM
I hate it when a good manga series gets popular and starts to lose its quality as it goes on. This reminds me of the Fall of Naruto (capitalized since it should be recognized as a major archetypal event).

Death BOO Z
Sat, 07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
so if orohime knew, she could have "Hickid" Ulqi and prevent him from any future power ups and progress?

I hope they end this fight next fight, or at least ignore it in favor of some more intersting fight, it's getting old...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I think it has ended, with the last page and Grimmjows expresion hinting to his defeat.

Carnage
Sat, 07-28-2007, 12:39 PM
I hate it when a good manga series gets popular and starts to lose its quality as it goes on. This reminds me of the Fall of Naruto (capitalized since it should be recognized as a major archetypal event).

I dont know, Naruto seems to have become alot more interesting lately.....

But yea, this chapter was shit. So Grimjow goes berserk, which apparently does not change anything since Ichigo is still dodging every attack and is about 3 feet from Grimjow atleast. Ulqiora's fight had better not suck as much as this one did. :mad:

Kensee
Sun, 07-29-2007, 06:33 AM
I dont know, Naruto seems to have become alot more interesting lately.....

But yea, this chapter was shit. So Grimjow goes berserk, which apparently does not change anything since Ichigo is still dodging every attack and is about 3 feet from Grimjow atleast. Ulqiora's fight had better not suck as much as this one did. :mad:

I'm a bit disappointed in this fight too because I just had high expectations for Grimmjow and how he would fight. I just pictured a Kenpachi part 2 type of fight, but really just got a stretched out flashback filled fight (which isn't too bad but not what I had in mind). I guess we have to wait for someone else higher than grimmjow to give us that big fight.

So in the flashback... even though Grimmjow says he'll consume them, he doesn't right? Cause all those adujdas become arrancar that Ichico and company fight dont they? I'm just a little confused there because it seems like Grimmjow starts munching on them (since theres blood on his jaws).

animus
Sun, 07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Maybe he munched on part of them because it was stated earlier in the chapter that, once you get a piece of you eaten/consumed your evolution stops indefinitely.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 07-29-2007, 08:12 PM
When the end comes and it's all strung together it'll appear way less drawn out than having to wait to read it each week it comes out. Besides, a shorter fight would've been ridiculous as well, and it'll probably be great in the anime.

Kensee
Sun, 07-29-2007, 11:42 PM
When the end comes and it's all strung together it'll appear way less drawn out than having to wait to read it each week it comes out. Besides, a shorter fight would've been ridiculous as well, and it'll probably be great in the anime.

Yeah I would agree. I just think people don't like to wait, and also that all these chapters being summed up in one or two episodes may get some people pissed off ... I just see it as good animation. I'm sure this fight, if they don't try to stretch it out any further than it already was, will come out good in the Anime.