PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 21

Sariin
Thu, 07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Praise be to DB.

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns021.torrent

itadakimasu
Thu, 07-26-2007, 10:34 PM
i was ready to watch it when i got home a little while ago and got the raw; unlike last week where there were 2 different subs before DB released. But its nice that DB is on top of their game, i'm going to watch it as soon as it finishes and deprive myself of sleep. It is a really good episode but i will not go into details until others have watched it and after i get the dialogue ;)

BioAlien
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Currently Download. :)
There better be some action.. I'm getting sick of the constant talking..

edit:
Yet again.. I'm disappointed.

Maverick-DBZ-
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:57 PM
It gets good at the very end and we get a decent surprise on what happened to the Third Kazekage. Also the guesses people had about Sakura being controlled or not are answered and a small bit about Orochimaru & Sasori once being partners.

They are really drawing it out too much though. I still felt empty after watching it and felt there should have been more instead of talking the first half of the ep.

D.Kev
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Actually, this is the best episode i've seen in shippuden so far. The dialogue wasn't pointless like last week's one, it had very little of naruto, and they managed integrate the 3rd kazekage's story into the fight quite elegantly. They also showed kankuro learning from his past mistakes and maturing as a ninja, so although the first half of the ep wasn't in the manga (if i recall correctly), it was very good way of extending the episode without dragging out fight scenes.

Speaking of which, this had the best fight sequence ive seen in a while (years, as far as naruto is concerend). Thought it was fluid and well animated, and sasori's attitude/voice is pretty damn cool. If the keep with this pace of action they might have a chance of redeeming this arc.

February
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:34 AM
I know that people have been saying Shippuudan episodes have been a drag lately but its starting to get good! And it will be even better if you can be patient and wait. The talking wasnt that bad, it was mostly flashbacks which we havent see before. I dont see how a person can complain about an episode like this...it had a decent amount of action. Btw...when is the summer special episode suppose to come out?

ody
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM
The fight scene with Gai and Neji were a bit better and more fluid.

The whole fight scene with Sasori still sucks because of all the gay ass dialog and 20-second stares.

Assertn
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I like how 7 hasty shinobi = the potential downfall of the sand village. Lols old people are nuts.

You can already tell they've taken the whole "puppet combat" concept to a whole new level for this fight. Wtf Kankuro never had summon seals on the arms of his puppets to summon 50 more arms before...

Yukimura
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:15 AM
@February: They said August 2nd which is next Thursday, so no skipped week it seems.

@Assertn: Sassori is just that badass, he wouldn't be the best if he just used regular stuff would he?

I liked the way the story of the 4th Kazekage was presented in the anime more than the way it played out in the manga. I think it actually ties things together better than the way they were left to be inferred. Best of all they managed to animate two chapters worth of pages instead of just one this time! Hopefully the trend will continue and next weeks special will be at least 4 chapters worth.

Idealistic
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:26 AM
UGh.... Team Gai's scenes are so pointless. I hate how they keep running facing each other. Didn't we establish it the past episodes that it was going to be tough to defeat their mirrors? They repeated the same thing.

And then of course Naruto had to say give gaara back again.

Why can't they keep the animation nice like episode 1-2? Are they that poor to do it? I mean Naruto is one of the most popular shows, shouldn't they be filthy rich? Well I'm not too sure about this stuff.

At least the fight with Sasori was pretty interesting.

ASSpirine
Fri, 07-27-2007, 04:28 AM
It starts to worry me, you see a whole new team from the sand going the same route like Naruto did. I expected they would encouter Zetsu, there bound to be some fighting, or else the old guy wouldn't be involved. This means 4 battles to switch around... :P

Well, I did like this episode, we finally know what happened to the third. And we now know that Orochimaru is Sasori's original partner. Seems like Sasori learned the soul transfer technique.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Woo! I totally called Granny puppeteering Sakura!

Sasori's puppets also rule.

Good episode I thought.

and they managed integrate the 3rd kazekage's story into the fight quite elegantly.I actually thought it was immensly heavyhanded the way they handled that.

Grandpa: "Lemme tell you a story. One time we lost the Kazekage. Still looking for him. The end"

Ninjas: "That's a terrible story."

Cut to Sasori: "Haha! I have the Kazekage right here!!"

Kraco
Fri, 07-27-2007, 06:35 AM
Now that they lost Gaara, maybe they will take the third Kazekage back to the village once they defeat Sasori.

Although he might turn out to be what they call a puppet ruler...

LobsterMagnet
Fri, 07-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Heh really liked the last few minutes of this episode especially when the bitching new guitar rift kicked in during the sasori fight. Honestly that's what's really been missing from the shipuuden fights thus far, kickass music like heavy violence to help push along the action (I honestly really wished they used it during the kisame fight).

Kind of sad that the last few minutes of the episodes we're in of themselves nearly an entire chapter of content. Just goes to show you how quick things are in terms of animating action sequences.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I liked this episode. Didn't look to the corner to see how long it's been playing for. Noticed (perhaps more than normal) that animation is a little subpar compared to older episodes. Wonder why that would be? Seems more 2D compared to old stuff.

Deidara just keeps saying "Sasori is strong, I want this Jinjurriki.", and he flys away instead of taking him on.
Chyio Lady seems to have as much up her sleeves as does Sasori. Don't think the two puppets summoned in the preview can save her from poison gas though. Wonder how she gets out of that. The two puppets from the preview were controlled by Chyio right? Don't think she'll use human puppets like Sasori, but there doesn't seem to be a difference in appearance. Either way, more "human" than Kankuro's buddies.

Assertn
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Nah, the animation was good. Especially the characters faces and the way Sasori talked.
The preview looks like a downgrade of visual quality though.

Nintendo
Fri, 07-27-2007, 01:00 PM
tha part of the 3rd kazekage story told by the old man was meaningleass coz we alraedy know that story instead increase the action part with sasori

February
Fri, 07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
I thought Deidara wanted the Jinchuriki for himself. Shouldnt he stop running away now (since he's so far away from Sasori) and take on Naruto?

And I always thought Sasori's hair was blond....now its like pinkish red.....but its not as bad..just need time to get adjusting to

Carnage
Fri, 07-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Deidara isn't a jinchuuriki....:confused:

HachimonTonkou
Fri, 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I thought the ending sequence was worth it. The sandaime kazekage looks badass and I can't wait to see what kind of cool abilities he has. Plus, now that Sasori is out of the box, he can fight at full potential. the next ep should be a good one.

DB_Hunter
Fri, 07-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else thing that having the Sand's Sandaime as a puppet doesn't mean all that? I mean so what if he was the strongest Kazekage in history, as a puppet he doesn't posses the skills or power he had before.

As for Sakura, come on she's a medical ninja... she's probably going to construct some sort of air filter/gas mask of chakra to enable her to breath in that cloud. It would be lame if she couldn't do something like that.

Speaking of lame, despite all her training isn't Sakura just being usless as usual?

itadakimasu
Fri, 07-27-2007, 08:32 PM

mage
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
tha part of the 3rd kazekage story told by the old man was meaningleass coz we alraedy know that story instead increase the action part with sasori
No, the story about sandaime kazekage had never been told.

Splash!
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM
^^ I think what the old man said had already been mentioned at the Sand Village council meeting when they were talking about ways to recover Gaara and not repeat the same mistake that they had made with the incident of the 3rd kazekage. I think I vaguely recall something about a war breaking out because of their reckless search of the kazekage or something along those lines.
So I don't think anything new was conveyed in that story.

Anyways, this was definitely one of the better Naruto Shippuden episodes. Sasori is awesome, definitely the coolest Akatsuki so far in my books. His calm and conceited demeanor is very befitting.

Assertn
Fri, 07-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Splash is right, all that was was said by the council members already.

mage
Fri, 07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah? I vaguely remembered that, but wasn't quite sure. Nevermind, then.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-28-2007, 05:26 AM
didn't you see the jutsu that the puppet was doing? that didn't look like any mechanical trap

I noticed the charms/tags on the puppet's arms as they opened up. The summoned arms were from a ninjutsu technique? Looked like mechanical, bamboo-like arms to me. It's the first time we've seen a puppet summon anything though, even if the puppeteer's controlling it.

Can all Deidara do is chuck clay bombs? I mean, in a world with no riffles, flying around launching air strikes kicks ass, but it's got hardly any action in it. Hope he does something more entertaining when Naruto forces him to. (or Kakashi, I want to see what he's been doing these past years, Konoha's Master of Ninjitsu and all.)

Kraco
Sat, 07-28-2007, 05:57 AM
I don't know why Kakashi doesn't simply get Deidara out of the sky with a kunai. After all, with his Sharingan he should be able to read Deidara's movements to a sufficient degree to compensate for evasive actions.

But I guess when Naruto has pleaded him to return Gaara for the 2000th time, even Deidara will get pissed off enough and come down voluntarily to shut Naruto's mouth. I know I would. And much sooner.

Psyke
Sat, 07-28-2007, 08:02 AM
I've just watched 6 episodes in one go, with lotsa skipping in between. Nothing much has happened, except for this episode where Sasori gets unmasked.

Kraco, I doubt a kunai would be enough to bring down Deidara. The sharingan Kakashi has is no where as capable of Sasuke's, which had the ability to predict and evade offensive moves. And even if can, it's more for evasive and not for compensating Deidara's evasive actions. Either way, we're talking about an Akatsuki member so it's not going to be that simple.

Guess I'm going to wait for another 6 or 7 episodes before watching again.

Kraco
Sat, 07-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Aye... That could be true. He's only known for copying techniques, after all. Not really as a real sharingan user in any other respects.

Assertn
Sat, 07-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Well....I wouldn't go that far. Both Sasuke and Kakashi can predict the opponent's moves. I think the reason this would not apply against Deidara is because the sharingan only predicts the moves based on how the opponent is already moving. When you introduce a variable like a kunai to an enemy from a distance, you can't predict how he'll react based on sharingan alone. In any case, I'm pretty sure he is far enough away to see it coming regardless of how Kakashi throws it.

Kraco
Sat, 07-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Both Sasuke and Kakashi can predict the opponent's moves. I think the reason this would not apply against Deidara is because the sharingan only predicts the moves based on how the opponent is already moving. When you introduce a variable like a kunai to an enemy from a distance, you can't predict how he'll react based on sharingan alone.

That would render it useless, though. If you can't introduce the variable, then what use it is to know where the opponent is going? Sasuke predicted Naruto's moves and landed every hit. But I agree that with a long distance strike it could be more troublesome, of course. Still, it's not like Kakashi would just need to throw one kunai hoping it would hit. He's a man with a thousand techniques. I'm pretty sure among them is something he could use. Like a big cloud of smoke...

In reality I'm just hoping Kakashi would solve this. I'm dead bored of watching scenes with Naruto screaming at Deidara. We got the time jump but Naruto is still the same idiot, despite how promising the first seconds of the new series looked.

I'm pretty sure Kakashi is wondering right now just how Jiraiya used all the time he should have used in training Naruto...

Assertn
Sat, 07-28-2007, 03:22 PM
That would render it useless, though. If you can't introduce the variable, then what use it is to know where the opponent is going? Sasuke predicted Naruto's moves and landed every hit.
This is because Naruto was initiating all of the attacks against Sasuke. You could say that the Sharingan's ability at reading jutsu lies in its ability to counter the jutsu, not anticipate what jutsu will be used to counter their own.

February
Sun, 07-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Still, it's not like Kakashi would just need to throw one kunai hoping it would hit. He's a man with a thousand techniques. I'm pretty sure among them is something he could use.

Yes Kakashi is a man with a thousand techniques. However, Kishi only shows Kakashi use Chidori over and over. How lame =(

EDIT: Okay, I realize he has shown us a bit more than 1 technique..but come on..we keep seeing the same crap !%!%!!!%@## :angry face:

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-29-2007, 04:44 AM
I really dislike the horrible pacing, but Sasori's prettiness makes it all worthwhile. Seriously he is so incredibly beautiful. I love his design and that tired/bored look he has. Anime villains with that classic tired/bored look are the best! Great voice too. Sasori <3<3<3

I will have to say also that the best part of Shippuuden are those entertaining segments at the end of each episode.

Neji riding on Lee's back, Chiyo playing dead & Tenten slapping Kakashi = all win

Yukimura
Sun, 07-29-2007, 05:18 AM
If Kakashi knows the Shadow Windmill Shuriken Techenique he could use that to get Diedara down. I think that technique was invented precisely to address the issue of not being able to predict how the opponent will respond to a stimulus that hasn't been introduced yet. If you can throw a projectile but maintain control over it's trajectory the you can use Sharingan prediction to make sure it goes where you want it even if they try to dodge.\

Of course Kakahi using a technique we saw Sasuke use back in the second Arc would be pretty uninspiring.

boilerph
Tue, 07-31-2007, 10:51 AM
Ok I've let a lot of things go and I understand we have to suspend reality a little for shows but this is just impossible. There is no way somebody that old would tell a story and it would be that short and to the point. He better still be telling that story at this time next year.

masamuneehs
Thu, 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
i really enjoyed this episode. thought it had good pacing (even if it jumped around a bit much) and we learned some good things. I just hope there's a good reason why Sasori is still so young, since right now it just looks like a ploy to have more bishounen in the story... (it does, however, jive with his concept of art's best forms being everlasting)

my only gripes were with Naruto, the fact team Gai still haven't beaten their dopplegangers, and the fact that we're supposed to care about Temari's team. The old guy was right (and Temari was cool) but i don't give two shits about those guys...

?igma
Fri, 08-03-2007, 05:22 AM
All the time they wonder how they'll beat their clones...well that's easy! Get together as a group. The odds that the clones are being controlled is null, the odds that they have a high AI is also very small , so they'll try to keep fighting the targets they have been assigned to.

When they group up, they can group up on single targets and the whole thing should only be a breeze...... This is another example of stupidity that's increasingly popular in the series.

Just like Sakura "Lets watch the fight and not smack Sasori in the face".

omgosh..wrong topic, someone move! :P

masamuneehs
Fri, 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
?igma, that's exactly what I suggested in the first or second episode that the clones appeared, team up, trade opponents or use teamwork... it seems like there couldn't be a more convenient excuse to keep the fights with Deidara and sasori close and tense... and it also appears that some of Team Gai are simply enjoying their doppleganger fight and aren't worried about the mission at all...