PDA

View Full Version : Game: Resident Evil 5

darkshadow
Thu, 07-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Well this game has been on the #1 spot of wanted games list for me since october 2005, and the E3 trailers were nice and all, but today the 3 min trailer was released on XBlive marketplace and PSN and, well, it's just GODLY.

Too bad the game has been delayed to fucking 2009 though ( i hope capcom reconsiders this, since it originally had a 2007 date, plus that would mean dmc4 would be the only game from capcom that would last through 2008)

720p trailer: http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4151_1_en.html
1080p trailer: http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_4152_1_en.html
Or you can simply stream the video ( in a lower res ofcourse ) from either links.

Watch and enjoy the awesomeness.

RyougaZell
Thu, 07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
At the Magic-box.com they confirmed that the protagonist of this trailers is indeed Chris Redfield. Plus, they mentioned CAPCOM said the story will revolve around rescuing a female character who was kidnapped previously and never rescued. How is it differente from what Leon had to do concerning Ashley? That this kidnapped female was from a previous game... and while they hadn't confirmed this, Magic Box stated is was Rebecca Chambers, but personally I believe its Sherry Birkin, who the government took away after RE2

Koyuki
Thu, 07-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I heard the sad news. But a 2 years delay seems a bit cheesy though. I haven't played Resident Evil since RE3, but I'll definitely have to get RE5. Maybe even hook up with RE4.

darkshadow
Thu, 07-26-2007, 01:57 PM
"Resident Evil 5’s teaser trailer revealed fleet-footed foes, as opposed to the regular lethargic zombies from the previous installments. Famitsu Xbox 360 has stated that the player’s body temperature will play a large role. Prolonged exposure to heat will make it harder to shoot, due to hallucinations and mirages. In an interview with Xbox360ism, Keiji Inafune briefly stated that the game will feature some online elements"

Hallucinations and mirages... omg.. this game is going to be so sweet, also online elements? Mercenaries online anyone? :o

"One feature is the importance that light and darkness will play in the game. If Chris enters a building his eyes will gradually adjust to the dark interior, while stepping out into sunlight from a dark area will result in glare temporarily hindering his vision."
Also awesome, I was right putting it on my list as #1 that long ago.

YaGaMi
Thu, 07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Going to download that trailer now!!

But 2009, bloody heck thats a long time to wait for my most anticipated game this gen. Koyuki play RE4 ASAP, its my favourite game last gen and also my favourite in the RE series along with RE2. You're truly missing out on one of the best games of all time.

bagandscalpel
Sat, 07-28-2007, 04:55 AM
I'm liking how RE seems to be going global with its locales. It's quite a departure from the original confines of a musty mansion.

That being said, the info on Chris's body reacting to light and heat levels seems to imply that this is going to be, literally, the sunniest RE I've come across.

I can hardly wait- 2009: Curing AIDS with lead.

Terracosmo
Sun, 07-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Yeah, I heard the sad news. But a 2 years delay seems a bit cheesy though. I haven't played Resident Evil since RE3, but I'll definitely have to get RE5. Maybe even hook up with RE4.

You better have a solid excuse for not having played RE 4 yet! Such an awesome game. SUCH AN AWESOME GAME!!

?igma
Fri, 08-03-2007, 10:06 AM
This is not related to the content of the game, but to the fight..well there's actually no fight. It's about a black racist woman bashing white people, or rather Capcom ( while thinking Capcom is American and Japanese people are white ^^ ) :D

http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html

Enjoy yourself with 30 minutes of material worth reading.

darkshadow
Fri, 08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Wtf are you doing?
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14959
was it so hard to click to page 2 of this forums?

?igma
Fri, 08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Aye apologies there, there is no need for WTF. I don't start threads very often and I'm aware of the search button.

There's more than the rude way to tell me that, I think you realize that too. Topic can be merged.

To elaborate, I was under the impression the topic was new. It happends sometimes you know, thinking something which makes you act , only to find out you were wrong.

---------------
Posting like that pisses me off though..don't go there too often. I'm for one, not your retarded kid brother. Speak to people as if they're your equals, not your minions.

( the first guy to argue about my retarded brother comment will meet the pictures of my 12 year old simpleminded authistic sister(sweetest kid in the world))

Sandldan
Sat, 08-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Resident evil 5 being accused of heavy racism.

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity. “I have a job to do and I’m gonna see it through.”

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.

Terracosmo
Sat, 08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
GODDAMNIT WHY MUST THERE ALWAYS BE IDIOTS?

Objectifying the game in such a manner as simply reducing it to "white VS black" as that person does it what causes a problem in the first place. In the game you're a white guy who just fucking happens to be in Africa. What, must a game take place in europe or the US for it not to be racist? Where were all those fuckwits when you slaughtered mexicans or whatever in RE4? Would they care if Chris was black and he shot white fatty zombies at McDonalds? No they wouldn't.

It's heresy that someone as stupid as that person even gets to be important enough for his opinion to become known on the intraweb.

Mankind = Fail

Assertn
Sun, 08-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Obviously, it was some black chick that wrote that.

Marik
Tue, 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Resident Evil 5: Console Exclusives Revealed

When you're finally able to grab a copy of Resident Evil 5 next year, you will find different goodies in the box depending on which console you buy it for.

Capcom has revealed a bunch of console-specific exclusive extras, giving multi-platform gamers a bit of a decision to make.

The PS3 version will come with a special making-of video feature, which was apparently made by Hollywood staff (so hopefully a little better made than some shaky cam footage in a dull motion capture studio).

On the other hand the 360 version will come in a metal case with a soundtrack CD included called the "Biohazard 5 Selection Track", according to Japanese Translations of the official Capcom Site.

The 360 extras will only come with an initial 'Delux Edition' allotment, and when they run out you'll just get the game on its own. Whereas the PS3's video comes on the same disc as the game, so expect that to be a permanent extra.

Capcom also revealed a special Limited Edition version of the game (pictured), which comes in an even fancier box, packing a 2GB USB memory stick, a 32-page art book, and a waist pouch that resembles one used in the game.

The CE is $90. I don't know what system I'm going to get it on yet. it really depends on which version the people I know get. Can't wait to play some online Co-Op.

darkmetal505
Tue, 12-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Man I just beat RE 4 twice again.

Can't wait for RE 5!

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Resident Evil 5: Console Exclusives Revealed

When you're finally able to grab a copy of Resident Evil 5 next year, you will find different goodies in the box depending on which console you buy it for.

Capcom has revealed a bunch of console-specific exclusive extras, giving multi-platform gamers a bit of a decision to make.

The PS3 version will come with a special making-of video feature, which was apparently made by Hollywood staff (so hopefully a little better made than some shaky cam footage in a dull motion capture studio).

On the other hand the 360 version will come in a metal case with a soundtrack CD included called the "Biohazard 5 Selection Track", according to Japanese Translations of the official Capcom Site.

The 360 extras will only come with an initial 'Delux Edition' allotment, and when they run out you'll just get the game on its own. Whereas the PS3's video comes on the same disc as the game, so expect that to be a permanent extra.

Capcom also revealed a special Limited Edition version of the game (pictured), which comes in an even fancier box, packing a 2GB USB memory stick, a 32-page art book, and a waist pouch that resembles one used in the game.

The CE is $90. I don't know what system I'm going to get it on yet. it really depends on which version the people I know get. Can't wait to play some online Co-Op.

Damn you CRAPcom!!!! Why must only Xbox get the fancy metal box? I don't about boring making-of videos.

I hope that Limited Edition box gets out of the US and is on PS3... but I don't think it will since it says BioHazard 5... so... It probably is an exclusive Japanese :(

Psyke
Tue, 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM
I'll just get the normal version. March 13, 2009 seems so far away right now.

Marik
Fri, 12-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Resident Evil 5 demo is up on the Japanese Marketplace. It requires a Gold Japanese account to download it. You have go to the Biohazard 5 general page to get it, since it's not appearing under new arrivals at the moment. It's 472.65MB.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Gold? I assume you mean Xbox....

I want my PS3 demo...

Sandldan
Fri, 12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah it's on the xbox live japanese store, followed this (http://the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3107) guide to setup a japanese account and 1 month of free gold membership. A release date for PSN has not yet been announced unfortunately, it's 472 mb currently at 20% soooon!

darkshadow
Fri, 12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
played this like 2 months ago already, so when I got the demo a few hours ago I already knew what to expect, still amazing though.

Stitch
Tue, 12-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Can't wait to pirate this game on the PC.

<3 PC

darkshadow
Tue, 12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Cause of that comment I hope that there is no pc version, or some bug ridden POS, but alas, as awesome as capcom is, their pc version will be beyond awesome. So please support them and buy the game when it comes out ;(.

Stitch
Wed, 12-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Nope. Sorry.

Bittorrent FTW.

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-10-2008, 09:45 AM
And this is why games are more expensive every time...

Raven
Thu, 12-11-2008, 02:57 AM
Been playing the demo a lot. Haven't killed the executioner or the chainsaw sack-head yet, but haven't really tried, just running around and experimenting with new ways to kill dudes.

darkmetal505
Thu, 12-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Looking through the demo videos it seems like it doesn't have the same feel as RE 4. Maybe it's just to glossy.

Stitch
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I think I might have to get this game for PlayStation 3 after all.

A bunch of my friends (who are RE fans) are getting PS3s for Christmas and the online co-op campaign suddenly became appealing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to pirate it to play the superior version.

Marik
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I might end up getting it on PS3 also. The people that I want to play co-op with, don't want to pay for Xbox Live.

Marik
Fri, 12-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Capcom proudly presents the official box art for Resident Evil 5, coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 March 13, 2009.

The new box art imagery gives players a sneak peak into the nightmarish world of Resident Evil 5 as the art shows off the most thrilling new features in the game including the action-packed new 2-player co-op, the setting of Kijuju where light and darkness bring new horror and mysterious scribbling that represent a fear that no fan will forget….
This art will dominate North American store shelves when the game launches on Friday, March 13th, 2009.

About Resident Evil 5

The biohazard threat has not ended: Just when it seemed that the menace of Resident Evil had been destroyed, along comes a new terror to send shivers down player’s spines. Chris Redfield, returning Resident Evil hero, has followed the path of the evil literally around the globe. After joining a new organization, Chris heads to Africa where the latest bioterrorism threat is literally transforming the people and animals of the city into mindless, maddened creatures. He is joined by a new partner, Sheva Alomar, who lends her strength, intelligence and sharp-shooting skills to the mission. In order to survive, Chris and Sheva must work together to take on the challenges of discovering the truth behind this evil plot. Utilizing a revolutionary new 2-player co-op mode of gameplay, players will be able to assume control of either Chris or Sheva and experience Resident Evil in new ways. In Resident Evil 5, Capcom will have players fearing the daylight as much as they have feared shadow in previous games.
-----
I just read, that the PS3 version isn't looking as good as the 360 version. That was disappointing to read. Hopefully it will be on par when the game ships in March.

"The PS3 version of Resident Evil 5 looked lousy compared to the 360 version. The environments weren’t as sharply defined, the colors were duller, and that “dusty” layer that covers the Shanty Town in the 360 version came off as “you need to wipe down your TV screen.” At least the controls handled the exact same."

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Microsoft probably paid Capcom to dumb out the PS3 version. Seriously... how can it look worse having 10 times the space to make the graphics look better?

darkshadow
Sat, 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Having 10x the space means nothing if you can't access the assets you need.
You need to remember that storage space means little when it comes to graphics, dual layer discs are more then enough for any game, even if it means shipping on multiples.

The ps3 only has 256+256MB of RAM, while the x360 has 512+10mb's, the reason why dev's complain about ps3 being hard to develop for isn't just cause of the cell, but also very strongly cause of the divided memory, extra pipelines need to be build into an engine before the video processor of the ps3 can access the full 512mb's of ram.
And even then, the 10mb embedded ram of the 360 provides a huge framebuffer for extra stuff, like free 2xaa or other effects.

Couple that with the fact that the ps3 OS uses a much bigger chunk of memory then the 360 OS, and you simply don't have the amount of ram to work with to make them look identical.

But back to capcom, they are not exclusive to any system, since their engine is, in the first place, a pc engine and I very much doubt microsoft paid them for anything, I mean just cause the attendant said the 360build looks nicer, doesn't mean they got paid to dumb down anything. That would actually make Capcom look bad instead of ms.

And in that same article it's actually said the later levels looked identical, so the demo levels for the ps3 were just some older code.
DMC4 looked nearly identical on both systems, only if you would really look for it, one would notice x360 having a slight edge in image sharpness. But other then that Capcom did a fantastic job of showing they aren't partial to any one system, RE5 won't be any different.

Psyke
Sun, 12-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Honestly, I can't tell the difference (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43925.html)......

Idealistic
Sun, 12-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah.... I can't even tell the difference.....

People like to nitpick and fanhate on the PS3.

darkshadow
Mon, 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Been playing the demo a lot. Haven't killed the executioner or the chainsaw sack-head yet, but haven't really tried, just running around and experimenting with new ways to kill dudes.

I made a video today for someone on Gamersyde ( read the description ), it shows how to low ammo kill the axe dude.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWWHmxnWa2A&fmt=18

Marik
Wed, 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Heads up!.

Resident Evil 5 Demo premiering exclusively on Xbox 360, January 26th

Resident Evil 5 (http://residentevil.com/) hits store shelves on March 13th, but you can get a delicious taste with a fully-featured two-level demo arriving in less than 2 weeks!

You can play solo with an AI-driven partner, play split-screen with a friend on the couch, or with an exciting stranger (or friend) via online coop through Xbox Live. With your choice of classic or "Gears"-inspired action controls, you'll see for yourself that the game plays every bit as good as all the videos look.

Download it on the 26th or you'll make Wesker cry!

For more details, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/residentevil5 or http://www.residentevil.com.

This is great news for people that didn't get a chance to play the JP demo.

EDIT: PSN demo also.

Resident Evil 5 demo arrives on PSN the week of Febuary 5th.

Want an early taste at Capcom's latest zombie adventure? You'll be able to download a free demo off the PlayStation Store the week of February 5th.

The demo will include two levels and three types of co-op play: single-player with AI support, two-player split-screen on a single PS3 and two-player across PlayStation Network. Players will be able to pick between traditional RE4 controls, or a new "Action" control scheme, inspired by popular third-person shooters, like Gears of War.

Idealistic
Thu, 01-15-2009, 04:11 AM
Two-player split screen? So it's true then? You can play it like that if you don't have an online buddy? That's awesome.

RyougaZell
Sat, 01-17-2009, 01:50 PM
The american collector's edition is just so NOT worth it.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=2826

darkshadow
Sat, 01-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Yes it is, and I'll be getting all 3 CE's; JP, US and EU, since the EU one is absolutely crappy compared to the other regions.

Marik
Thu, 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Capcom Prices and Confirms Versus Mode for Resident Evil 5

Capcom today confirmed that a new multiplayer mode will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Resident Evil 5 in a few weeks. The Versus Mode will cost $5 on the Playstation Network and 400 Microsoft Points on the Xbox 360 and pits players against each other in a contest of survival, according to Capcom.
Versus allows up to four players to match wits in online battles across two very different game types. Slayer's Rule is a point-based game that challenges players to kill Majinis. In Survivor's Rule, players hunt the most dangerous game, each other! Players can begin the hunt as Chris, Sheva or other secret characters, and choose from either one-on-one or two-versus-two team matches for either of the two gameplay styles.

Sounds like fun.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Not interested.

I'll save those 5 dollar (every site reportes 5... where did you see 4?) for the DarkSide Chronicles for Wii instead

Marik
Thu, 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Kotaku, they've updated it.

Psyke
Thu, 03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
I completed the game but going through it multiple times just to raise money to upgrade weapons sound a little boring and tedious. Will most probably get the DLC since I still have funds in my PSN wallet.....

Nadouku
Sat, 03-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I got Resident Evil 5 and it's pretty fun, although it still has that different feel to it (from horror survival to action genre). I like playing as Chris Redfield since he brings an air of nostalgia.

Downloadable Content probably comes at a much later time. Probably when I have leftover cash from all the other games or want the best out of the game.

Stitch
Mon, 03-23-2009, 06:05 PM
God, the controls in this game are awful. How the hell does anybody enjoy playing this trash?

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Have you changed the type of control?
I haven't played the full game, but in the Demo I found the RE4 squeme very comfortable... except for not being able to pause when you want to organize your weapons.

Nadouku
Mon, 03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
The only thing I disliked about the game is the key items. It was expected that every key item that I got would spawn about ten zombies or more, losing some of its credibility as "fear you will never forget".

Oh, and Licker's tongue takes about half your health away and even if you manage to shake them off, your partner's reaction will be slower than yours. My partner would take like 1/8 of the damage because I press circle faster than she can help me as I shake the left analog stick. :(

darkshadow
Mon, 03-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Lickers like completely kill you on veteran and pro.

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 04:35 AM
God, the controls in this game are awful. How the hell does anybody enjoy playing this trash?
Wow for once I agree with stitch here. The controls are the definition of wonky. They seem to be designed to be played by a paraplegic using his tongue and ears to manipulate the controls. Freaking awful. Everything happens in slow motion except for the creatures attacking you. Reloading and organizing items is the most frustrating and tediously slow process. I've slammed my controller twice in sheer frustration. I came " this close to bashing the sh*t out of the console because the game pissed me off so bad. Your partner's AI starts out intelligently, then corrupts to sh*t as she rides your jock and shoots you in the back the rest of the game. And I'm only on chapter 2-2!!!!!!! And what the f*ck is up with these guys breathing hard after running 10 feet?????

I hate to say it but the Japanesees who created this sh*t f*cked up big time and I personally hope the entire design house goes under and never gets to ruin another game.

Beyond the hotness that is Sheva and the RE name, this game is absolutely not worth buying. They must have decided nice graphics and being in the RE universe was all they needed to sell the game. Terrible, terrible game.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-29-2009, 10:09 AM
The controls are only difficult for people that approach it -and thus expect it to work differently- with a different mindset. Stop trying to play it as though its gears of war or dead space ( it clearly isn't) and play it like the developers intended to.
It only takes a minute to figure out the core mechanics.

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 10:52 AM
The controls are only difficult for people that approach it -and thus expect it to work differently- with a different mindset. Stop trying to play it as though its gears of war or dead space ( it clearly isn't) and play it like the developers intended to.
It only takes a minute to figure out the core mechanics.
I played RE4 and the controls were similar but far less annoying. Maybe because it was on the Gamecube. RE5's controls just seem a lot more stilted and clunky.Turning around takes way too long unless you do the full 180, which is not an intuitive move. Movement in general is just a chore. To run as you turn is impossible because the same thumb that you need to use the right thumbstick is also the digit you need to press the run button.

I remember a friend complaining that the clunky movement in Dead Space was unbearable, but I defended it as being a part of the "horror aspect" of the game; plus since you are in a spacesuit, it made sense that the movement was slow at times. But in RE5 it's pure frustration to the point it's not worth playing the game.

The inventory/reload system is the worst. And even worse than that, when you run out of ammo, you stop and reload no matter what. You can't interrupt the reload process, and you can't dodge or move or anything, but you can take damage and get swarmed by enemies. It's ridiculous.

If not for Sheva and the $60 I paid for this game, I would not continue playing it. But even then, after the first stage Sheva stands 2 inches from you and repeatedly shoots you in the back when she's trying to kill enemies. I don't think it does damage but it wastes time and ammo, and she continually gets in your way, which is further aided by the silly movement system.

I'll try to rethink the control system like you suggested and see if I can at least get some enjoyment from this game.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh, why didn't you say so earlier, press start, go to options, controls, and change it to TYPE A.
The xbox360 version defaults to TYPE D, which are gears/dead space kinda controls. TYPE A are 100% RE4 controls ;).

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh, why didn't you say so earlier, press start, go to options, controls, and change it to TYPE A.
The xbox360 version defaults to TYPE D, which are gears/dead space kinda controls. TYPE A are 100% RE4 controls ;).
I looked at the control types before and D seemed to be the most intuitive layout. I'll try another type and see how it goes. Also, my controller sensitivity is probably too high (from messing with it for another game), so I'll change that too.

animus
Sun, 03-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Well a solution for the run thing would be, click and hold the left joystick to sprint ala COD. It can be a bit iffy sometimes, but it works well most of the time and better than holding A to run.

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
I'll try that out too, though I never liked pushing the left controller to do anything besides move.

Nadouku
Sun, 03-29-2009, 12:16 PM
I miss the old inventory system. How many of you missed the inventory system from Resident Evil 4? Sure you might have massed a lot of herbs and bombs by the time you reach final boss, but at least an egg didn't take up the same space as a sniper rifle. I thought the controls were quite fine when I set it to Resident Evil 4's controls.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-29-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't like putting pressure on the analogs and using them at the same time, what's so bad about holding A anyway, with the TYPE A layout your thumb is doing nothing otherwise.

I didn't mind the inventory too much, got used to it quite fast ( played the demo too much :x), but the thing that annoyed me like immensely, is that your armor takes up inventory space..... I mean what? Why not let the rest of your clothes take up space as well... rediculous.
Yathzee said it best, "you are carrying armor in the pocket of your armor"...lol.

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Definitely feel the new inventory system is too restrictive. 9 items total per person, including weapons, healing, and armor? Can you upgrade the number of slots later in the game?

I can't wait to switch to the new controller type tomorrow to see if this game is still playable.

I'm with you ds, I don't like having to push the analog sticks for anything. It throws off
movement and just feels awkward.

darkshadow
Sun, 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, little tip here for the inventory system. use AIM to equip anything in the inventory ( Right trigger in this case), this will equip anything right away, so if you want to give ammo or whatever, just press Y, navigate to it, press RT, and then press B. Makes it nice fast and easy, plus you can always run away if something comes for you.

Also little tip on reloading, this isn't really needed for story play, but in mercenaries it works awesomely. Don't manually reload...ever, use the inventory to reload, just press X on your ammo, then press X again on the weapon its for, bam instant reload.

But then you would be wondering but yeah that still takes some time....right, but you can STILL do this when doing a melee move or climbing a ladder, or pretty much anything that involves an invincible animation ;).

Animeniax
Sun, 03-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Well I looked at the different controller types and type D still makes the most sense. I played through a little bit and everything worked ok, with the usual ridiculously stilted movement and heavy breathing. Sheva still gets in the way all the time, still wastes ammo shooting me in the back, and worse she also talks back more now and refuses commands.

Then I fight this boss battle and the controls are going wonky again and Sheva's AI takes a crap. So I smash my controller on the ground and the left analog stick decides to not work anymore, so then I smash the controller against the wall outside and it's busted good. That'll learn it. Gotta get a new controller now. I'm debating breaking the game disk in half, but I'll wait on that.

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Ever taken anger management lessons?

Nadouku
Mon, 03-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Well, as frustrating as the game is, it does have some memorable moments. I liked all of the boss battle musics because they kind of sounded Final Fantasy-ish and there were some neat concepts to the game, like upgrading your weapons. I loved maxing out my shotgun damage to take on the horde. :p

Psyke
Mon, 03-30-2009, 03:16 AM
I just unlocked Pro mode, but I think I might need to get the infinite rocket launcher first..... Going for a speed run on amatuer now, since the game tracks progress but completion of each level on each difficulty setting,

Animeniax
Wed, 04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
I finished the game, and it is without a doubt the most frustrating, obnoxious, and dumbest game I have ever played. The game studio members should hang their heads in shame for this travesty of a video game and the dishonor they bring to the legacy of RE4. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging. This game is anything but that. The partner AI makes Dom from the first Gears of War look like a pro human player by comparison.

I finished the entire game on normal and through chapter 5 on veteran. It's weird, with all the complaints and anger I've had with this game, that I plan to finish on veteran mode. Infinite ammo on the top sniper rifle might be good motivation for that.

I have to ask, did anyone beat mutated Wesker just by figuring out how to do it on your own? I admit after 3 hours of running around wasting all my ammo, I looked up the answer in a walk-through.

Psyke
Wed, 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I'll admit I read a faq after trying for hours to beat him, after spending all my money on grenade rounds :(

Nadouku
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I figured out on my own how to beat up Final Wesker. He was, I will admit, very hard to tackle when trying him out for the first time. I had to take note of the red core that was protruding from him from time to time and aimed for that. Other than the diffculty of the boss battle, he's pretty easy to dodge once you memorize all of his attacks and where to move.

Psyke
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
He's not even a challenge once you know how. The thing is, there's no clue given and most people just go for the red core again and again thinking that he has tons of health......

Animeniax
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes exactly the problem I had. I unloaded a thousand rounds into the cores on his back and front, just thought he had a million hp or something. But unlike the giant crab that released ammo-mosquitos, there was no way to get more ammo. The problem is that few would think to get close to him to trigger the button sequence.

Guess I could have figured it out if I wasn't so frustrated while playing. Since he spasms after you hit his chest target, and further shots do nothing while he's spasming, that should have told me there was something else I had to do. Oh well, I enjoyed killing him.

Playing stage 6 on veteran using Sheva. It's weird shooting from the left shoulder angle.

Idealistic
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
He's not even a challenge once you know how. The thing is, there's no clue given and most people just go for the red core again and again thinking that he has tons of health......

Exactly.

RE5's story was really wacky and cliche. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like RE, but like Tomb Raider. lol. Why do I like this game though? Because it's fun with co-op. That's the only thing I really like about this game. Mercenaries is fun as well. I heard the new DLC (Versus mode) was horrible though so I don't plan to buy it.

Anyways, they are suppose to reboot the series with RE6 so maybe they'll go back to the original playstyle it had. I miss it. The puzzles and suspense is what really got me into the series.

Psyke
Wed, 04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I miss zombies grabbing my leg and dogs jumping through windows. Really, I'm all for a reboot.

Nadouku
Wed, 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
Resident Evil 2 would probably be the first game that caught my attention. When that Licker came from the ceiling, I dropped my controller and almost died because the sound was pretty loud at a low volume. :(

Aside from that though, I'm just trailing through the game again to pick up some good items and money. Playing other modes will probably keep my interest in the game for as long as it can provide to me.

Animeniax
Thu, 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM
It's weird but while I was playing RE5, I swore I would not buy RE6 because 5 pissed me off so bad. Now I'm on my 3rd run through RE5 on professional mode with unlimited ammo on the PSG-1 sniper rifle and M92F handgun. It's pretty tough, with one hit deaths unless your partner is quick with the first aid.

Killing tough sub-bosses is easy with unlimited ammo semi-auto sniper rounds with 1200 firepower. Lots of fun.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Barry Burton and Rebecca Chambers confirmed for Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Mercenaries Reunion Mode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/8143620100209_084805_0_big.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/8143620100209_084806_1_big.jpg

Rebecca makes me unable to resist buying this thing again....

Psyke
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM
They should just give us a new game :(

darkshadow
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Rebecca and barry? And here I was hoping for Leon..., well I guess Rebecca is great stuff though.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah. I wanted Leon and Ada. But im kinda happy with Rebecca. She's the only reason I would buy the game or DLC addon of this thing.

But like Psyke... wish they worked on a new game instead. But hey... this is capcom.

Resident Evil - Resident Evil Director's Cut - REmake
Resident Evil 2 - Resident Evil 2 Dual Shock Edition
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil CV - Resident Evil CVX
Resident Evil 4 - Resident Evil 4 Wii
Resident Evil 5 - Resident Evil Gold

darkshadow
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty damn sure they are working on the next game, you need to remember that main RE games take 4+ years to develop.
Seeing they would prolly use mt framework 2+, I'm guessing we won't hear anything about RE6 till at the very least TGS2011.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
And there's the un-shown but announced Resident Evil Portable for the PSP lying around somewhere.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I just played a bit mercenaries reunion with barry.... and he is pretty awesome lol ;P. His handgun and melee attacks are beastly.

I'll play lost in nightmares in a bit and update my impressions of the first DLC.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
They are out? How much does the DLC cost versus what the full disc would cost?

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
I dunno what the full disc costs, it's pointless for 360 anyway, since the gold edition for 360 is just packed with a download token.

All the dlc in total will set you back ~€/$14,- for 360 (1120 points), same for ps3.

edit:

I just started lost in nightmares and I really like it already, really gives off the old RE vibe, I mean even the doors open the oldskool way ;D.
It also definitly feels like a much updated code (1.03 vs 2.0), somehow feels more fluent, AI seems to be less quirky and the gfx engine feels even smoother as well.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Only 14dlls? Well that decides it. Im getting the DLC.

screw the motion controller. I wasn't even going to buy it anyway.

Now I just need to get a PSN card.

EDIT:
Since I don't care for Chris and Sheeva's costumes Im just getting the packs with Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape.

Lost In Nightmares " Feb.17 X360 400 MP ,, Feb.18 PS3 $4.99 "
Excella Gionne
Barry Burton

(New Episode Playable -4 chapters - Campaign : Chris & Jill )*
(Excella Gionne & Barry Burton are Playable in Mercenaries Reunion)

Costume Pack 1 " Feb.17 X360 160 MP ,, Feb.18 PS3 $1.99 "
Sheva Alomar (Business)
Chris Redfield (Heavy Metal)

(New Costumes Can now be used in RE5 Africa story)
(Sheva Business & Chris Heavy Metal are playable in mercenaries Reunion)

Desperate Escape " March-3 X360 400 MP ,, March-4 PS3 $4.99 "
Josh Stone
Rebecca Chambers

(New Episode Playable -3 chapters - Campaign : Jill & Josh )**
(Josh Stone & Rebecca Chambers are Playable in Mercenaries Reunion)

Costume Pack 2 " March-3 X360 160 MP ,, March-4 PS3 $1.99 "
Sheva Alomar (Fairytale)
Chris Redfield (Warrior)

(New Costumes Can now be used in RE5 Africa story)
(Sheva FairyTale & Chris Warrior are playable in mercenaries Reunion)

*You play as Chris First in Lost in Nightmares
**You play as Jill First in Desperate Escape

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
the costume packs got switched around though, and I really wanted sheva fairytale, so that's good.

Psyke
Wed, 02-17-2010, 10:32 AM
How long are the new episodes? I don't really care for costumes or Merc mode..... :p

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I dunno, not that long I guess, but if you liked RE1 I'm sure lost in nightmares is well worth it.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
How long are the new episodes? I don't really care for costumes or Merc mode..... :p

Merc Mode in RE4 was awesome. I didn't got drawn into the RE5 version though. But the inclusion of one of my favorite RE characters, Rebecca, will make me play it this time around.

I heard the episodes aren't that long, but like darkshadow said, they look worth it. As DLC, not as Full retail.

darkshadow
Wed, 02-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok my first playthrough on veteran took me 1h and 43mins, and was pretty intense at times, my second playthrough was with jill and on amateur, cause I just wanted to get some achievements fast, and only took 33 mins.
Amateur takes away some encounters, enemies were really weak, didn't read any documents, and I knew exactly what to do.

And even then I could've done it faster, since I wasted some time on playing the piano with jill ;P.

But yeah overall, short and sweet DLC, you get exactly what you pay for, perhaps a bit more if you care for the nostalgia factor.
Good stuff, bring on dlc #2, Desperate Escape ;].

darkshadow
Sun, 02-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Gameplay footage by me from the DLC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExFK_ALpyg

This shows of the first part of the mansion and the old style camera you can use. Good times .

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Bah... I wanted to play this during the weekend. I even managed to get my hands on a PSN card thanks to one of my brothers going to McAllen.

Fucking Wallmart didn't active the damn card. Fortunately my brother works in the border... so he'll go and complain today.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Finished 2 playthroughs of Desperate Escape, once with jill and once with josh.
Will go for the professional run later when the achievements aren't glitched anymore.

Pretty awesome DLC though, higher production values and tons of enemies rushing you. It's also longer then LIN, it actually feels like a regular chapter of the game.
I do recommend playing it at veteran right away, it got pretty insane at some points.

Rebecca is really a great addition to mercenaries, in fact I think she might be the best one, Barry and Excella were pretty great, but Rebecca is just plain broken. Barry is still more fun to use though.

Overall RE5: Gold Edition packs some pretty sweet content, grab it if you haven't played RE5 yet, or just grab the DLC if you have.
Good stuff (want moar:x).

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Lost in Nightmares was fucking fantastic. What I would have loved the full RE5 to be.

Im waiting for Desperate Escape to debut on the PSN tomorrow.

And with Rebecca I shall return to Mercenaries. I didn't test Barry or Excella yet, and Im not interested on the other skins for Chris or Sheeva

Psyke
Fri, 03-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Damnit the Asian PSN is slow. I want to play the RE5 DLC. :(

darkshadow
Thu, 03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
It seems the DLC has been bundled now, you can get it all for 960 points or $/€11,25

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
That includes the extra skins?
I bought the 2 new scenarios separatedly for 4.99 each, that is 9.98.
The new skins are 1.99 each... 2.98....

So in total it would be 13.96... so its a 2.71 savings for the skins? Bleh, it was cheaper without them.

Though, if you tell me this 'bundle' included Versus Im gonna rage.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Nah it's just the latest dlc, LIN/DE and the costumes.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Ah I see. Since I don't want them guess I don't lose anything.

I hate the fact you can't use the 'new' characters with the old ones. So no Wesker in the same game as Barry or Rebecca.

Lame.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-11-2010, 04:33 PM
It is indeed kinda odd, since this is supposed to be a stars reunion, so at least STARS wesker should've been made playable, same with STARS chris/jill. Seeing how jill is also flying the chopter this time around, that would've not worked out so well though.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
I haven't even touched Excella. I've just beeing toying around with Rebecca and a fast one with Barry.
But hey... if Rebecca is 'still 18' then we can bloody have Stars Wesker and Stars Jill... heck I wouldn't have minded even non-Star characters that are more exciting that Excella... like Billy, Ada, Claire, Leon or Hunk.

darkshadow
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I actually find excella suprsingly fun to play with ( not as fun as barry though), she really gives you the feeling she is just humiliating everything she kills.
She is also actually pretty good, better then barry at least, slightly.