PDA

View Full Version : Is DB a bunch of douchebags? You decide!

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Since like, everybody downloads from Dattebayo...
Actually because it's from DB I don't know if this should be taken seriously (don't see the usual [YHBT] sign) but here's some news for ya:

Wondering where is this week's Naruto?
Guess what. Profits are down again, Pokemon ratings are dropping faster than iPhone sales, and since we were refused entry to Otakon, we need to get into 20 other less relevant anime cons, and most importantly - Naruto and Bleach keep showing up on Youtube and other crap video upload sites regularly, so here's the deal: Pokemon reaches 100k downloads per episode within 24 hours, or else Naruto is permanently dropped*.

You heard it here first.

*Note: Only the English, French, and Portuguese-Brazilian versions of Naruto will be dropped. We will still release the Hebrew sub.

Dattebayo Staff

Source (http://yhbt.mine.nu/pr/35)

Edit: Then again...

2007-07-05 19. Trap Operating! Enemy of Team Gai
罠作動! ガイ班の敵
TORAPPU Sadou! Gai-han no Teki

Source (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7293&page=25)

Judge yourself! I think they just want their other anime to be watched too, assholes...

Deadfire
Fri, 06-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Sincs you are new I'll let you off.

DB are Assholes, never ever listen to what they say ever. This is a troll like the many many other trolls they have done.

The ep is next week

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 06-29-2007, 09:59 PM
So irrespective of [YHBT] it still means it's a troll?

Yukimura
Fri, 06-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Anything DB says about they're future behavior with respect to Naruto or Bleach should just be ignored, even if they were to tell the truth once, they're trolled so many times that it's pointless to believe anything posted on their website.

If I see them at Otocon I'll be sure to let anyone who talks to them know how big a bunch of tricksters they are.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 06-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I knew they were assholes, didn't knew they were living in them...

redcat
Fri, 06-29-2007, 10:16 PM
So irrespective of [YHBT] it still means it's a troll?
YHBT = you have been trolled

darkmetal505
Fri, 06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
If you are suspicious about DB's behavior, you should check if the RAW has been released, which, in this case, it was not released this week.

aznskillz
Fri, 06-29-2007, 11:14 PM
My 2Cents.....Dattebayo thinks that they can run everything because they release most of the naruto subs out there, Aone would easily rape them because Dattebayo "Staff" are a bunch of fags, also, when it says Pokemon ratings are down, and you didn't get your fukin spot on Otokon then boo hoo we didn't get our area at Kamekazekon along with other people.

Basically, Dattebayo doesn't need to take out their emo problems on us, not our fault Pokemon has been down hill for 8 years

uhicha neji
Fri, 06-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I thought it was pretty funny...:(

DarthEnderX
Fri, 06-29-2007, 11:53 PM
So did I.

If I see them at Otocon I'll be sure to let anyone who talks to them know how big a bunch of tricksters they are.Yeah, that'll show em. You'll be totally scaring off potential customers for their $0 a year business.

They give us good fast free subs of two of the most popular anime in the world. If they feel like jerking around stupid people on their weeks off, more power to them.

If you have a problem with it, congratulations being one of the stupid people they tricked once.

Idealistic
Sat, 06-30-2007, 02:24 AM
lol... People getting mad at DB like they just been cheated or something.

Kraco
Sat, 06-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I have to completely and totally agree with DE this time. DB does decent job on their real subs every time, so why on earth does it matter a bit what they do with their website or during the weeks the show(s) not aired? It's their website, for christ's sake. They can do whatever they want with it. I don't see people complaining about other websites owned by private people like anything tricky that happened there was some UN defined crime against humanity.

If I was working for DB, I'd be the one volunteering for posting bizarre news on the website, just because one person in a dozen might actually believe it. It would be worth it, and I have absolutely no doubt reactions like seen in this thread keep them doing it also in the future, keep them laughing merrily in their chairs. I don't deny it is a bit arrogant, but I don't care. They have earned the right many times over.

RyougaZell
Sat, 06-30-2007, 09:51 AM
It was well known that this week there was no episode... so what's the poing to complaining of DB's jokes?

aznskillz
Sat, 06-30-2007, 10:15 AM
So did I.Yeah, that'll show em. You'll be totally scaring off potential customers for their $0 a year business.

They give us good fast free subs of two of the most popular anime in the world. If they feel like jerking around stupid people on their weeks off, more power to them.

If you have a problem with it, congratulations being one of the stupid people they tricked once.

Get your stuff straight dude, they make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from subbing other animes that people request them to sub, my friend had his anime raw subbed by them, he didn't disclose the price, but he said that it was a hurt on his pocketbook. Secondly its their choice to give the free subs, it gets old from time to time "OH Naruto has been dropped! For some really gay Pokemon Diamond and Pearl." The day that they will drop Naruto is the day that the company goes out of business. It especially gets old when they threaten you over and over again, its like talking smack on a keyboard when your posting on a forum.

Crash
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:03 AM
You know what would really teach those big mean assholes not to play their big bad tricks anymore? If you stopped downloading their totally free fansubs. That'd teach'em, that'd teach'em real good.

Yukimura
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't care about their jokes at all, since I know when Naruto comes out. What I was talking about was informing other people not to take them seriously, b/c a lot of the people that watch Naruto are dumb teenagers who get tend to get obsessed. I think it's pretty funny too, but I get annoyed with the backlash it causes, like this thread.

Assassin
Sat, 06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I've changed the thread title to reflect the actual discussion

DB_Hunter
Sat, 06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Here's how I see it.

Dattebayo are within their full rights to say what they want, when they want on their website. They provide a service for free to everyone around the world. For this I think they deserve credit, regardless if it is to fulfill some sort of weird subbing business model they may have going.

However that said, when they do say things like what they have done this week people can't be blamed for thinking that they are assholes. No one likes to be talked down to, even if they are getting freebies.

If for nothing else, their behaviour makes no business sense, as it does not build any 'customer' loyalty to the brand. And its this loyalty that will bring home the money, not going on power trips.

Darth Arrow
Sat, 06-30-2007, 03:49 PM
What I was talking about was informing other people not to take them seriously, b/c a lot of the people that watch Naruto are dumb teenagers who get tend to get obsessed. I think it's pretty funny too, but I get annoyed with the backlash it causes, like this thread.
Yeah, that's just the problem. Just look at the download counts on DB's site: When writing this, Shippuuden 001-002 has been downloaded 723 091 times :eek: That's helluva lot, and that count can be easily tripled when you think that more than a one person watches the same download, there are DDL services, IRC-bots and YouTube/other video sharing sites. And many of these people are just stupid brats with no common sense, or newbies with no experience, who are easily tricked. I bet some (but probably not all) of the staff in DB really get some sort of feel of power from this, because so many people rely on their subs.

The trolls and such of DB, yes, at first they were kinda funny, but I think over the years the "fun" has wore off, and now I'm just being irritated every time I see this kinda troll "news" or troll "release" which are just made to confuse masses. That's why I've been searching for an alternative sub group for Naruto and Bleach. With original Naruto I watched AonE's subs, with Bleach I watched Lunar's and Bleach-Society's untill only DB was left. And now, when Flomp-Rumbel started, I immediatly switched to them. And they are actually better than DB! :D With Shippuuden the situation has been much worse. SD Project is slow, they don't sub specials after the episodes, I don't like their font and their probably going to drop it when it gets licenced (which is shit because when something gets licenced in the USA I'm not gonna see it in years (if at all) in Finland). I don't even concider NarutoBuzz a proper group and Anime-Kyou/Rasengan is just a laugh. Now I'm really looking forward to Flomp-SLF's subs because Flomp is doing very good job with Bleach :cool: I hope I can finaly get rid of DB and their "jokes" for good, this is my way (and as far as I can see, the only way) of saying fuck you to those assholes :p

itadakimasu
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:00 PM
i've fallen victim to a few trollings from DB. I remember how ripped i was the first time i got trolled... i was anxiously awaiting the current weeks episode of bleach and it had a yhbt tag instead of db... owell i wanted to see it. So... bleach intro, awesome... im all pumped, then all of a sudden "BAM!" a japanese baseball game !!! ROFL..

second troll; something to the effect of '' this weeks naruto will not be released until pythagoreous switch dl reaches 50,000" so i actually dld pythag not knowing what it was, and i was like... wtf... does DB really sub this show?

Anyhow. All i can do is thank DB for doing me a service every week that i dont have to pay them for. Not too long ago they had a post saying somethign about needing money and i was going to donate until i read further and saw that i'd missed donation buy a week or so and that they had raked in i think $6500 in excess donations which they donated to some sort of charity.

In conclusion, the world is full of douchebags. I don't care if the people of DB are or are not actual douchebags. They use their time every week to give me something that i really love and hate to go without.

Crash
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:10 PM
to the person who neg reped me: It was sarcasm. Maybe i should have been more over the top and ridiculous to make that clear :p

Carnage
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Does anyone else think its funny that they're actually subbing Pokemon?

redcat
Sat, 06-30-2007, 11:26 PM
EVERYONE HURRY AND DOWNLOAD THE POKEY MANS FROM THE INTERWEBS

NARUTO NEEDS OUR HALP

itadakimasu
Sun, 07-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Does anyone else think its funny that they're actually subbing Pokemon?

well yes... and what is really funny is suggesting that pokemon ratings have dropped.

i'm not going to watch pokemon , there is no way i could take it serious
i had started watching this one series... cant think of what it is called now but i had talked to a friend of mine about it and he pretty much broke it down to me as being basically re packaged pokemon and i just couldn't take that show serious after that.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-01-2007, 02:49 AM
I remember way back when I first saw the Pokemon cartoon. Before I even knew there were video games. And before the card game made them popular. I actually thought it was an interesting concept. Catching monsters and fighting with them. Pretty simple concept that they managed to fuck up pretty quickly. That little shit, like, NEVER catches any pokemon.

Get your stuff straight dude, they make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from subbing other animes that people request them to sub.HAhahahahahaaaa! Wait! Wait, gimmie a minute to get my stuff straight....oh man. That's the funniest thing I've ever read.

Turkish-S
Sun, 07-01-2007, 04:42 AM
wuuuut pokemonj subbed? DOWNLOAD.

on a side note: No DB aren't douchebags for reasons already given by others in this stupid Thread.

Cyberdude93
Sun, 07-01-2007, 06:12 AM
The fact that Pokemon episode 3 hasn't been subbed before 4-6 is more annoying than any troll they could possibly make :p

Tobydelaroka
Sun, 07-01-2007, 06:57 AM
lol i still remember when the 1st time they fooled me :(
i guess it was bleach or naruto with [YHBT] tags suddenly it was the nig*er from outter space.. I was like "WTF" and i try to download it again.. and...
gahhh.. shame on me..

Shadow Skill
Sun, 07-01-2007, 07:16 AM
I like their YHBT news. makes it interesting when there's no Naruto or Bleach.

If by now you do not know, after like 3 or 4 years, it's a joke. Some of it is quite fun. That Pythagora one was ok, but it got old after a few episodes lol.

masamuneehs
Sun, 07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
i appreciate what they do, but that still doesn't mean i hold a positive opinion about them... in fact, i'm rather sure half the anger against them comes from the fact that alot of Bleach and Naruto viewers depend on them, and wind up being pranked because of this dependence.

i also really don't know why this thread is here in the first place...

darkmetal505
Sun, 07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
The fact that Pokemon episode 3 hasn't been subbed before 4-6 is more annoying than any troll they could possibly make :p

You can virtually watch Pokemon episodes in any order except for the gym leader/final four ones (which are the ones worth remotely watching).

Shenshort
Sun, 07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
What would have happened, if we followed their invitation and loaded this Pokemon episode down for 100k times? I think we should test it next time and slow their servers down. BOOOOOOOOOOOOM. :p

Vash72
Wed, 07-04-2007, 05:40 AM
I watched Aone releases of Naruto and Bleach Society releases of Bleach before they both discontinued with the series. If not for DB's releases I would have been unable to watch these shows, furthermore their releases are timely, hardly any typos ever and they have consistently dedicated themselves to subbing these shows, for free download, for the enjoyment of the those outside of Japan.....

So what if they create the odd YHBT release, these are clearly marked. No one is forced to download anything from the internet. If people would read up on what they download I’m sure pc service centres everywhere would suffer major business decline. In other words if you believe what you read on the internet such as “click this button for $10,000, or download this program for free leet games” you’re the one who should wise up.....

DB is hardly causing any damage, save downloading time/limits of the those who chose not to read the fine print, whilst providing an invaluable service for many thousands of weekly viewers. In my opinion the douchebag’s are the whineing leechers who never contribute, never thank and constantly complain over slow release times, bullying subbers through poor taste, flame topics like this.........

Cheers,
Vash72

Yukimura
Thu, 07-05-2007, 12:09 AM
The question isn't whether you appreciate them or not it's do you think they act like douchbags. If I were to come to your house every week and give you $100 but every few months I instead give you monopoly money or tell you you have to do some random thing if you want the money for this week for my own amusement would you not think I was a douchebag for doing it? Most people recognize that it is DB's perogative to release or not release episodes and we have no right to complain about how they go about doing what they do. However, acting like a douche just because you can get away with it doesn't make you less of a douche, it just makes you a douche who can get away with it.

mage
Thu, 07-05-2007, 12:24 AM
DB releases every week there is an episode. Stop crying.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-05-2007, 01:05 AM
If I were to come to your house every week and give you $100 but every few months I instead give you monopoly money or tell you you have to do some random thing if you want the money for this week for my own amusement would you not think I was a douchebag for doing it?Um...is that rhetorical?

"Sorry free money man! Your a douchebag! Take your money and go!"

Seriously. That guy could uppercut my ballsack twice a year and he'd still be my best friend in the whole world.

That was the worst metaphore for proving your point ever.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Yes they are douchebags, but they provide us with what we need, so we have to forgive their crap and play along.

Crash
Thu, 07-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Seriously. That guy could uppercut my ballsack twice a year and he'd still be my best friend in the whole world.

lmao, yeah for real thats $5200 a year. You can shit in my dinner every time you bring it if ya want. PM me and we'll work out the details. Judging from this thread i'd think most of you never played a joke on any of your friends before. Grow thicker skin imo.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-05-2007, 08:03 AM
lmao, yeah for real thats $5200 a year. You can shit in my dinner every time you bring it if ya want. PM me and we'll work out the details. Judging from this thread i'd think most of you never played a joke on any of your friends before. Grow thicker skin imo.
DE would let someone punch his family jewels twice and Crash would let you shit on his dinner every week, all for $5200?? You guys are pathetic.

Vash72
Thu, 07-05-2007, 08:43 AM
I can see why people may not find the YHBT releases funny, the one time I curiously downloaded one I watched it for a whole minute before hitting delete. I also understand that people might feel upset over being told to download Pokemon in order to continue seeing subbed Bleach. But is it just me or are these just harmless pranks, an attempt at humour or attempt to share a joke with the downloaders. Personally I see it as a harmless joke, one people should be able to see past or at least learn to see past if they read up about what there downloading.....

Calling someone a douchebag is not constructive, it is a plain insult, I personally don’t agree with people labelling in this manner over something so insignificant. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion however and mine is that this question as to whether “DB’s staff of subbers are douchebags?”, is just a snide attempt at convert offensiveness, which serves no greater purpose and certaining doesn’t deserve so much discussion in a great forum like GW. That's my 2 cents.......

Cheers,
Vash

PS: Yuki I'll PM you my postal box address so you can start sending me the money, it's ok if every third time it's only Monopoly money ;)

Carnage
Thu, 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Stop....Killing....The joke :mad:

Yukimura
Thu, 07-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I'm shocked by the out pouring of dignity in this thread. Anyway, none of you are getting any money, but your also not getting a shit sandwich for dinner either so go about your lives.

@mage-bert: I'm not crying about anything. I don't mind the stupid jokes at all, but I do think that they are stupid jokes. And I'm not going to think they aren't stupid just because the people making them provide a good thing. Much like I separate your general online asshatery from your occascional decent posts.

Assertn
Thu, 07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
A real-life example that support's Yuki's point.

Tazmo (founder of narutofan.com) is a douche-bag.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
A real-life example that support's Yuki's point.

Tazmo (founder of narutofan.com) is a douche-bag.

Hey dont say that....oh wait, yeah he is. SAY IT LOUD AND SAY IT PROUD!
F*ck DB
F*ck Naruto Fan
F*ck You
F*ck You,
You're cool!

-dg-

Carnage
Thu, 07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
No, I do believe Tazmo is an asshole on a whole other level. Whether or not you donate to DB is your choice, you still get Naruto and Bleach in the end. Tazmo on the other hand (as if we haven't already gone over this a million times) is having people pay him for other people's work. That is beyond corporate evil.

mage
Thu, 07-05-2007, 05:37 PM
@mage-bert: I'm not crying about anything. I don't mind the stupid jokes at all, but I do think that they are stupid jokes. And I'm not going to think they aren't stupid just because the people making them provide a good thing. Much like I separate your general online asshatery from your occascional decent posts.
I wasn't talking to you, your post just happened to come before mine. I was talking to all the other whiners.

JaySee
Thu, 07-05-2007, 06:37 PM
No, I do believe Tazmo is an asshole on a whole other level. Whether or not you donate to DB is your choice, you still get Naruto and Bleach in the end. Tazmo on the other hand (as if we haven't already gone over this a million times) is having people pay him for other people's work. That is beyond corporate evil.

Actually your analogy couldn't be more incorrect. Tazmo charges for his bandwidth. You can get everything on his site for free. It's still illegal though. I'm surprised he's not been shut down.

Mordecai
Thu, 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't know when, or if this is old news, but it is ontopic... DB added the YHBT tag to their news finally. I guess they got millions of those hateful emails they always say they get when they troll.

itadakimasu
Thu, 07-05-2007, 09:01 PM
I do understand that DB is not happy that people upload their subs onto youtube since you get such crappy resoluition...

I've been up for.... going on 16 hours now... just got home, and omfg !!! DB has naruto ready and waiting for me !!! :) Thanks DB ;) I <3 j00

Darth Arrow
Sat, 07-07-2007, 10:55 AM
complaining about free subbing is like not tipping at a restaurant.......
But in some countries you should NOT tip in restaurant ;) Nobody ever gives tip to anyone here :p

I just think DB's joke is really old and therefore stinks. If they really want to be "funny" they should think something new. I'm so bored seeing newbies talking that "we must get a drillion downloads of pokemon or they won't release Naruto!!111!1!" that I've decided to change the subs I watch. Flomp-Rumbel for bleach and Flomp-SLF for Naruto^^ That's how I react on stupid and boring jokes witch go forever and ever...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
DE would let someone punch his family jewels twice and Crash would let you shit on his dinner every week, all for $5200?? You guys are pathetic.Dude, do you know how much $5200 is in internets anime?

It's like....alots!

anime nomad
Mon, 07-09-2007, 05:16 PM
from http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/35

Begin Quote

Wondering where is this week's Naruto [YHBT]

2007/06/29

Guess what. Profits are down again, Pokemon ratings are dropping faster than iPhone sales, and since we were refused entry to Otakon, we need to get into 20 other less relevant anime cons, and most importantly - Naruto and Bleach keep showing up on Youtube and other crap video upload sites regularly, so here's the deal: Pokemon reaches 100k downloads per episode within 24 hours, or else Naruto is permanently dropped*.

You heard it here first.

*Note: Only the English, French, and Portuguese-Brazilian versions of Naruto will be dropped. We will still release the Hebrew sub.

Update 2007/07/06:

* Number of people trolled by this announcement (estimated): 337276
* Number of death threats addressed to Dattebayo Headquarters: 17259
* Number of people who thought it was funny and congratulated on another troll well done: 13

Dattebayo Staff

end quote

personally i think its bloody hilarious :D

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:36 AM
"still release the hebrew sub" was the best part.

?igma
Tue, 07-10-2007, 07:36 AM
It's not uncommon for manga groups too spam entire pages filled with crap at their "customers", yet they release and they release proper, so I don't really see the big deal :P

animus
Tue, 07-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Should see what happened with K-manga. A person (Madocchi) released chapters he found for people that want to read Sekirei but K-manga releases too slow. K-manga being stupid like they usually are couldn't stand it, issues a warning but Madocchi didn't follow. So they only release chapters to their donators and staff. Some may say he's stealing their work or whatever, but they release so slow anyways, so who really cares. They don't have to read it either.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Dude, do you know how much $5200 is in internets anime?

It's like....alots!It's actually less than $5200 because some weeks you only get monopoly money.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-11-2007, 02:19 AM
That's okay, because Monopoly money buys just as much internets anime as real money.

Kraco
Wed, 07-11-2007, 05:23 AM
That's okay, because Monopoly money buys just as much internets anime as real money.

To be totally exact, you do need money even for internet anime, unless your net connection is free of charge. Although you can argue you would get a net connection even without any interest in anime.

Uberbaka
Wed, 07-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Do DB know about this thread? They'd probably get a massive kick outta reading a troll well done.

Grow up, get some common sense and learn to see a troll when it's coming. If the hebrew didn't give it away you're too damn naive. Not to mention you should know DB are a bunch of jokers anyway. A sense of humour won't hurt you either, there are no victims here.

And following the great monopoly money argument, if he brings around monopoly money around A WEEK EARLY and tells me to do something, I'll laugh with him for a good joke and tell him to bring the real money when it's actually due from the "raw factory". Atleast now I know how much I need to pay someone to be able to shit in their food and punch them in vital places.

My opinion, it was funny because it actually worked. In a sad way.

12345p
Sun, 07-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Official Dattebayo Press Release (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/40)

It bugs me that there was no YHBT in the article, which is why I was hoping someone here could enlighten me.

With a cellmate name like "Spikes" though, I'm left wondering if they change the name of their PR department to the BS Department. Or do you feel that they're [other Dattebayo staff] are just having a little fun with a sad situation?

mage
Sun, 07-22-2007, 11:18 PM
obviously a troll

masamuneehs
Mon, 07-23-2007, 03:58 AM
This thread should suffice to hold all Dattebayo trolls and other crap, no sense making a new thread for each of their little pranks.
Merged

BioAlien
Mon, 07-23-2007, 06:44 PM
If it is not a troll, no one is going to believe them anyway because of their excessive troll in the past.

saman
Mon, 07-23-2007, 08:06 PM
if you highlight the space at the bottom under the message, it says "YHBT"

unholydoragon
Tue, 07-24-2007, 03:08 AM
wasnt db part of another group at one time?

BioAlien
Tue, 07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
if you highlight the space at the bottom under the message, it says "YHBT"

Well, we can now assume that it IS fake.. :(

Board of Command
Tue, 07-24-2007, 08:06 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/logo.png

Very ironic logo.

wasnt db part of another group at one time?
Yes. They were originally known as Anime-Heaven.

aznskillz
Tue, 07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
As most of you know the Dattebayo staff at Otakon Dattebayo staff were arrested by uniformed police. With a warrant they seized a laptop that was intended for the presentation. Though a lot of us were angered by the YHBT I believe most of us never wanted any of them to pay by going to jail. This is most unfortunate for the Dattebayo staff, according to their press release there were copyright laws broken. They allegedly were charged with the reproduction of copyrighted material. But as we all know when push comes to shove they do give the best (next to Aone I think) fansubbing. It was later stated that their belongings, including, VCRs, Computers, and hard drives were taken. For more on the story go to.

http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/40

mage
Tue, 07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
WOW, they were arrested?! That sucks. They make good subs!

honestly, you're a fucking retard. did you really believe them? highlight the bottom of the page.

Yukimura
Tue, 07-24-2007, 09:08 PM
It's generally good forum practice to never re post anything written on the Dattebayo website unless you're pointing out the humorousness of it. Refer to the Is Dattebayo a group of douchbags? (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=14942) thread for more information.

saman
Tue, 07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
As most of you know

hey, here's an idea! if most of us already know, then how about you don't make a new thread about it!

Board of Command
Tue, 07-24-2007, 10:02 PM
As most of you know the Dattebayo staff at Otakon Dattebayo staff were arrested by uniformed police. With a warrant they seized a laptop that was intended for the presentation. Though a lot of us were angered by the YHBT I believe most of us never wanted any of them to pay by going to jail. This is most unfortunate for the Dattebayo staff, according to their press release there were copyright laws broken. They allegedly were charged with the reproduction of copyrighted material. But as we all know when push comes to shove they do give the best (next to Aone I think) fansubbing. It was later stated that their belongings, including, VCRs, Computers, and hard drives were taken. For more on the story go to.

http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/40
I was one of the cops there.

http://www.obsessionnelle.com/lingerie/images/2.jpg

Inazuma
Tue, 07-24-2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/logo.png

Never trust a slogan or it'll thrust something in ya ass

masamuneehs
Wed, 07-25-2007, 12:39 AM
merged.
stop making retard topic responses to DB's trolls. plz.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-25-2007, 01:31 AM
You guys are pretty rough with the 14 year olds.

aznskillz, you need to confirm you stories before rushing to post, or you end up looking like a tool. Start by changing your username.

BioAlien
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
DB now got an online store..
http://www.cafepress.com/dattebayo/

Kakashii
Wed, 08-01-2007, 07:14 AM
It bugs me that there was no YHBT in the article, which is why I was hoping someone here could enlighten me.

With a cellmate name like "Spikes" though, I'm left wondering if they change the name of their PR department to the BS Department. Or do you feel that they're [other Dattebayo staff] are just having a little fun with a sad situation?

mark all the text in the article(so that all text has blue background) and the YHBT is there

this was the first troll i didnt think was funny also thier real group GNAA is always blaming jews (jews did WTC for example..) they also started making fake torents with the gay-copter-thing, they spammed in wikipedias IRC channel(i dont go in there anyways but still... not nice to the nerds)

Board of Command
Wed, 08-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Buying one of these for my mom

http://www.cafepress.com/dattebayo.138134807

Kraco
Wed, 08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Sure you are, sure you are...

Board of Command
Wed, 08-01-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll buy you one too.

Kuncoss
Wed, 08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
The best part is that's it seems to be for real!

Kakashii
Thu, 08-02-2007, 03:13 AM
why are we talking about thongs when the thread is asking if DB is a bunch of douchebags?

Carnage
Thu, 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Isn't it obvious? DB providing our boring society with thongs is the greatest charity you could get. Who could call them Douchebags?

Board of Command
Thu, 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
why are we talking about thongs when the thread is asking if DB is a bunch of douchebags?
What? Now you want one too?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Anyone download this weeks troll?

Maverick-DBZ-
Fri, 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Nope, considering the title I just moved on and closed the page.

itadakimasu
Fri, 11-02-2007, 09:33 PM
i dl'd it , browsed through it in case it was anything funny then deleted.

I was just kinda surprised by no episode this week because they just had an off week a few weeks ago... wasn't expecting another off week so soon, especially after the new opening and what not last week.

Spiegel
Sat, 11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Its Pi Po Pa Po Patrol-kun!

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Ever tried to link to a torrent of theirs that doesn't exists yet? I did, and if you click it you'll get a virus and a webpage with pictures of gayporn and a voice out loud saying your watching gayporn. As much as I think they are indeed "a bunch of douchebags", can't hate them on that part. I laughed...

Those assholes.

BioAlien
Mon, 01-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Ever tried to link to a torrent of theirs that doesn't exists yet? I did, and if you click it you'll get a virus and a webpage with pictures of gayporn and a voice out loud saying your watching gayporn. As much as I think they are indeed "a bunch of douchebags", can't hate them on that part. I laughed...

Those assholes.
A virus?
I tried before, and I was redirected to timecop, but I didn't see any virus (gayporn yes, but no virus)
Are you using IE by any chance? Use Firefox or Opera.. You shouldn't get any. (I use Opera)

Moiraine
Thu, 01-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Ah, I can feel the love.

Also, there are no viruses in those pop-ups, though it might crash/lock your system up.

saman
Thu, 01-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Ah, I can feel the love.

you kinda should. there are actually a fair bit of posts in this thread defending you guys.

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Dunno if it really was a "virus" (though I remember something with Trojan, vaguely) but McAfee definately showed a warning the moment the site popped up. So whatever it was, to me, it was a virus. :)

Edit:

Ah, I can feel the love.

you kinda should. there are actually a fair bit of posts in this thread defending you guys.

Uhm... You guys? So Moiraine is actually a member of the group?

Edit 2: Nevermind, did my homework. So how's the trolling coming along, Moiraine?
Question (prolly not the first) but do you guys actually enjoy your trolling? Or do you do that for other reasons, such as showing other, less popular projects of yours.... ?

Fighter Fei
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Now they're saying episode 45 is cancelled... lawl

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
The episode wasn't cancelled. It was released and subbed by other groups. Try here (http://www.zomgsubs.com/)

Fighter Fei
Fri, 02-01-2008, 02:09 AM
The episode wasn't cancelled. It was released and subbed by other groups. Try here (http://www.zomgsubs.com/)

Oh I'm quite aware of DB's every-day douchebaggery and that it wasn't "cancelled," hence, my lawl--good sir. Also, thanks.

Maverick-DBZ-
Fri, 02-01-2008, 02:56 PM
LOL, I could really careless if they stop subbing all together. There are other groups that will gladly pick up the slack. Good riddance if they leave altogether.

The [zomg] release was decent enough to watch.

Kraco
Fri, 02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
The [zomg] release was decent enough to watch.

I couldn't watch it. The video looked like it was ripped from YouTube and the language in the subtitle only remotely resembled English. I'll just wait until DB sorts out whatever problem they are having or some other real group subs the ep.

Abdula
Fri, 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Actually they got the Video from Veoh, apparently a HQ video wasn't released at the time. They are making a V2 though.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes DB are a bunch of douchbags but at least nothing particularly gripping is happening in the anime right now. IMO they should have chosen to ignore that email but I I'm not surprised that they didn't. In the end it's the kids fault for being rude in the first place.

*silently wishes aone picks naruto back up one day*

Kraco
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Give me a break. You really think some random email was their reason? I reckon their raw provider disappeared or something. But true to their nature they just post some random bs for people to ponder.

Sapphire
Fri, 02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
This could be true or it could not be. Either way I'm not surprised.

They've been trolling for years, and I'm just waiting for the day that no one believes them anymore, they need help, but they are actually screwed. If this is a troll at least it's somewhat original other than the usual "zomg we got arrested!" and "dl our other stuff or else"

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I reckon if one day Naruto fans decide they've had enough BS from DB and boycott their releases, DB will have a cry.

edit: haha, they couldn't even wait a day or two. To me, [LOL, YHBT] (http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/62) is their way of saying "Okay, we're sorry. Please download our releases now, please....."

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I reckon if one day Naruto fans decide they've had enough BS from DB and boycott their releases, DB will have a cry.Oh yeah, that'll suck for them if they don't have to make subs anymore. I hear having free time for them is like sunlight to vampires!

Archangel
Sun, 02-03-2008, 06:58 PM
I wouldnt say douchebags... id go for whining bitches. Tehy just piss me off ... they act so superior... id kick theyre nerdy asses if i could

redcat
Sun, 02-03-2008, 07:14 PM
relax e-thug. they are just fucking with random tards. its both working and entertaining.

Carnage
Sun, 02-03-2008, 11:06 PM
If you don't like them, don't download their subs. If you like them, then continue downloading their subs. It's as simple as that.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
That's mixing two different issues. This thread is about the general perception of the groups behavior, not the quality of their product. The behavior has little bearing on the quality of the product (unless you get a troll) and last I checked most people don't watch fansubs because they think the fansubbing group that released them are a bunch of nice people.

Not watching the subs of a group just because you don't like the internet behavior of that group, would imply you care more about the groups behavior than you do about the anime you'd not be watching. I think we would agree that the vast majority of anime fans care more about anime than about behavior, so for them not watching the subs is not an option.
However just because people care about anime more doesn't mean they don't care at all about the hijinks of a particular fansub group. Hence the accusations of douchebaggary

Carnage
Mon, 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
But its their effort that has been put into subbing the episode, and its ultimately their work put out on the internet. Sure they can put out trolls, but its not up to them to force others to download it. And I don't recall them hiding trojans in any of their trolls, so they're not really harming people. So what if the internet depends on their releases, it's still their work and our choice to download it.

itadakimasu
Mon, 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM
If you don't like them, don't download their subs. If you like them, then continue downloading their subs. It's as simple as that.

i didn't want to wait to i just watched the zomg release of 45... although its quality was lower than the db releases it was still subbed and served its purpose.

Yukimura
Mon, 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
@Carnage: It still seems like you're trying to make the point that they aren't douchebags because we don't have to download their subs, and you didn't address what I said at all.

I'll ask it again, are you trying to say people shouldn't think DB are a bunch of douchebags because they put out subs but don't force anyone to dl them?

Carnage
Mon, 02-04-2008, 09:59 PM
@Carnage: It still seems like you're trying to make the point that they aren't douchebags because we don't have to download their subs, and you didn't address what I said at all.

Okay, I'll dissect your post bit by bit.

That's mixing two different issues. This thread is about the general perception of the groups behavior, not the quality of their product. The behavior has little bearing on the quality of the product (unless you get a troll) and last I checked most people don't watch fansubs because they think the fansubbing group that released them are a bunch of nice people.

I never brought up the quality of their product. My whole point is that it is up to people to either deal with their behavior or not. Its their choice. Okay, so DB's fansubs are relatively decent and they are one of the few groups doing Naruto. They still don't force others to download their work.

Not watching the subs of a group just because you don't like the internet behavior of that group, would imply you care more about the groups behavior than you do about the anime you'd not be watching. I think we would agree that the vast majority of anime fans care more about anime than about behavior, so for them not watching the subs is not an option.

Again, even though DB almost has a monopoly over Naruto, its not they are forcing people to download their content. So what if you still choose to continue watching their fansubs and occasionally get trolled. Don't complain if you willingly chose to continue downloading their work. And its not like DB is keeping anyone else from fansubbing Naruto. If they did, then you would be able to call them douche bags. But seeing as how that is not the case (at least I don't think it is, do correct me if I'm wrong), anyone else can put their own time and effort into subbing Naruto. Thus DB isn't really forcing people to download their content.

I'll ask it again, are you trying to say people shouldn't think DB are a bunch of douchebags because they put out subs but don't force anyone to dl them?

yes.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
If after 2 or 3 years you're still being trolled by their awesome YHBT episodes, then you deserve every bit of angst and frustration you feel. Emo-boy. :P

I learned after their first troll episode to determine when they're playing a prank or when they have a fake episode up.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 02-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Free Naruto = Good by me.
Good Quality = Good by me.
Prompt Releases = Good by me.

So what if they get mad that people are constantly on their shit. They dont get paid for this, they are doing you a service for free and you are going to bitch? Ya get what you pay for...

Yukimura
Mon, 02-04-2008, 11:24 PM
To clarify, I don't care about DB's antics as I never visit their site or dl their stuff from their tracker. I actually find it humorous how they have so many people wrapped around their every word. I've met a DB-Narutard in real life and when I tried to explain to him that DB was just a tiny part of the anime iceberg and there were tons of other groups that released anime he actually tried to debate me and tell me I was wrong and they were the only ones.

Anyway, I have been trying to assert that abusing the trust of people who blindly place it in you (in this case Naruto fanboys placing trust in DB) is a douchebaggy thing to do. I have been met repeatedly with the retort that it is DB's right to behave that way because they don't owe anyone anything and the people are just stupid for believing in them. I can fully agree with that sentiment and I blame any fool dumb enough to believe their crap for not being able to think for themself. However, just because they (DB) have the right to act like douchebags doesn't make it not douchebaggish when they choose to exercise that right and do dochebaggish things.

Example:
Let's assume I brought a keg of beer to a party and I'm the first one there with any beer (and we'll assume no one can steal it from me for whatever reason) I could offer everyone beer for a while, but then change my mind and not give any more to anyone because I didn't feel like it, or I could tell people I wouldn't give out any more beer to them unless some random conditions were met, or I could tell them I was going to take my keg and go home because they were putting it in cups I hadn't provided. No one could tell me that it isn't my right to do what I want with my beer, but if you people were at that party and I saw me acting like this would you really not think me a douchebag for doing it?

Abdula
Mon, 02-04-2008, 11:30 PM
All that dissection and you still walk around my point.

I actually find it humorous how they have so many people wrapped around their every word. I've met a DB-Narutard in real life and when I tried to explain to him that DB was just a tiny part of the anime iceberg and there were tons of other groups that released anime he actually tried to debate me and tell me I was wrong and they were the only ones.

I have a feeling that thats all you're going to get.

Really I hate those people they are complete idiots, and they comprise the majority of Naruto fans but I just love watching them squirm after I shatter their little minds, its so much fun.

Sapphire
Mon, 02-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Example:
Let's assume I brought a keg of beer to a party and I'm the first one there with any beer (and we'll assume no one can steal it from me for whatever reason) I could offer everyone beer for a while, but then change my mind and not give any more to anyone because I didn't feel like it, or I could tell people I wouldn't give out any more beer to them unless some random conditions were met, or I could tell them I was going to take my keg and go home because they were putting it in cups I hadn't provided. No one could tell me that it isn't my right to do what I want with my beer, but if you people were at that party and I saw me acting like this would you really not think me a douchebag for doing it?

In other words, you don't have to like the bastard to take shit from them. You can hate an artist but still enjoy their work, doesn't mean you have to like the artist. You also don't have to be in the same room, put up with thier crap, etc, but that has nothing to do with the product, not really.

Logical Fallacy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum): This person is a douchebag but he works hard, so I must like him

It's not like DBs forcing anyone to look at their releases. They obviously aren't forcing us to like them either. If you think about it, we're just treating them with the same respect their treating us by being douches.

Logical: The artist is a douchebag, he tripped me on the way in, but shit, his art is good. I think I'm going to put it on my wall.

Well, mildly logical.

Carnage: I see your point. I'm sure DB works very hard on releases and the anime watching Naruto community is happy about that. But liking them just because of that and excusing their behavior without acknowledging they're douche's is just giving them power over you, in a way.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:04 AM
So you go to a party, you're the first one there, doesnt mean you won't share, just means you have no one to share with. A.K.A you arrived too early before the fun starts and while you're there early, you cry and make conditions for everyone, but that's ok. When the cool people show, you and your keg mean absolutely nothing and before the night is over, you'll be at home crying about how you have no friends, still. :P

Classic case of being an emo-boy. :P

Sapphire
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:30 AM
So you go to a party, you're the first one there, doesnt mean you won't share, just means you have no one to share with. A.K.A you arrived too early before the fun starts and while you're there early, you cry and make conditions for everyone, but that's ok. When the cool people show, you and your keg mean absolutely nothing and before the night is over, you'll be at home crying about how you have no friends, still. :P

Classic case of being an emo-boy. :P

I fail to see the metaphorical relevance. x_x

Shadow Skill
Tue, 02-05-2008, 01:49 AM
The relevence is that he was talking about conditions for his sharing of the keg. I merely pointed out that in the long term, he and his itty bitty keg mean nothing at the end of night.

Now if that simplest explanation still does not clear that up for you, I suggest you mature a little more, get educated and really learn the definition of both a Metaphore and an analogy.

I lightly pointed out the reason why nobody would drink his keg, wouldnt be cause of the conditions. That would be due to his eagerness to be a part of a crowd that at the end of the night, leaves him lonely and full of angst and frustration for not being able to fit in. Plus the "Cool" kids would show up eventually and then he'd be forced to leave, where he'll rant the next day to his guidance councillor about how he has no friends.

Vash72
Tue, 02-05-2008, 09:33 AM
This thread is a matter of opinion. Consider visiting the following site if you believe your opinion to be superior.

http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

Love and peace, love and peace, love and peeeeeeaaaaaace!,
Vash

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
This thread is becoming Hwierd.
So my opinion is that DB still are a bunch of douchebags because of indeed their behavior and nothing will change that except them. Still I respect them for their work and for once not acting all nice cause it's their way of telling us they don't need or expect it from us either. I can live with that. I have grown wiser from their trolls and chose to avoid them. Everytime there hans't been a release I'd check the release date. As long as it goes accordingly I will download from them. A hint might be just because they're doing us a favor doesn't mean we have to believe every word they sling @ us. As long as you keep that in mind you won't make posts like I did. And like Vash says, love & peace, ya'll! ;)

lafnear
Mon, 02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Hehe, this thread makes me feel important.

The speculation about Naruto Shippuuden 45 was right, the problem was the lack of a quality raw, the email was real, but it was just a scapegoat (we get messages like that all the time, if we threw a fit every time, well, there'd be no end to our fits). I think it didn't help that timecop stayed up most of the night waiting for a raw, so his mood was not stellar when he read that message. ;)

If we're discussing whether or not DB is a bunch of douchbags, let's not forget the nice things that we've done too...like donating $6k to Doctor's Without Borders, or the $185 from cafepress that I gave to an animal shelter (yes, the thong profits), or the fact that we send our subs on DVD to American servicemen overseas who can't download. And also the fact that we're just really nice people... :D

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-19-2008, 05:40 AM
I still love you guy's work.

Sub One Piece.

lafnear
Tue, 02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
I love your avatar.

And, no.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I will expecting a scapegoat for why Naruto won't be out this week.

Assertn
Wed, 02-20-2008, 04:10 AM
If we're discussing whether or not DB is a bunch of douchbags, let's not forget the nice things that we've done too...like donating $6k to Doctor's Without Borders, or the $185 from cafepress that I gave to an animal shelter (yes, the thong profits), or the fact that we send our subs on DVD to American servicemen overseas who can't download. And also the fact that we're just really nice people... :D
Well that's nice and all, but the only impression I still have from most of the DB guys are the elitist assholish remarks they made when I went into their channel and admitted that, despite their rough beginnings, I grew to liking their subs better than the other guys.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I have no problems with DB. I also find their trolls hilarious.

The face of every hardcore Nay-roo-toe fan when they find his/her episode is a troll is worth more than a pot of gold.

Archangel
Mon, 03-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I just find the trolls annoying. Really annoying. Also i think their website is down right now. Is it my computer or r they bitching about something else now?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-04-2008, 03:40 AM
They are asking for a recall of Bleach episodes they've released in the last year. Apparently, affected episodes will explode. I wonder what they're on:confused:

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Pure unprocessed Columbian comedy.

Carnage
Tue, 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM
I lol'd at:

If you are unable to use BitTorrent in 2008, the safest course of action would be to permanently cease viewing Bleach as well as Naruto episodes until further notice.

They kind of have a point, if you can't use BitTorrent by 2008 you really do need to get the fuck off the internet. (Aside from people who can't use torrents due to limited resources)

lafnear
Tue, 03-04-2008, 06:30 PM
It's funnier if you read this first: http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_022808_news_fred_meyer_bleach.61c9d20.html

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Oho, now it's funny on TWO levels.

Moiraine
Sun, 03-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Question (prolly not the first) but do you guys actually enjoy your trolling? Or do you do that for other reasons, such as showing other, less popular projects of yours.... ?

I do realize this is horribly late, but I thought I should answer it anyway. There are always some of us who find the trolls funny. Some more than others. There are also times, since I don't usually read the press releases, that I don't even realize that there's been a troll until someone starts bitching at me on IRC or the feedbacks have hundreds of comments on it.

It's been a long time since we've had a really good troll. They take a lot of effort and I think at this point we're a little worn out on it. We'll see. Maybe we can come up with something good.

Kraco
Sun, 03-09-2008, 03:42 PM
As long as it's not gay porn...

Archangel
Mon, 03-10-2008, 07:07 PM
As long as it's not gay porn...

I second that . I dont have anything against gay ppl, i just dont really enjoy having dicks poping out on my computer screen...

lafnear
Fri, 03-14-2008, 08:16 PM
We've never released any actual gay porn, unless I missed something.

Kraco
Sun, 03-16-2008, 02:56 AM
The gay porn troll was the first and last troll ep I ever downloaded (a good lesson for sure to pay attention to air times/skipped weeks), a great length of time ago. I always seemed to think it was DB's, and thus undoubtly one of DB's first if not the very very first troll ever, but since it was so long time ago, I suppose it's possible some third party uploaded it to trackers during a week no ep was aired. I can't anymore remember the details nor do I want to... It's better forgotten.

lafnear
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:26 PM
That was definitely not us. The only thing we've ever done that comes close is releasing http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/ as a troll episode (which despite its title is not at all pornographic). Everything else we've released as a troll has either been a fakesub of an actual episode or a harmless replacement. It may been annoying to get Pipopapo Patrol-kun instead of Naruto, but probably not offensive.

Assertn
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Who made the troll of the Gaara visiting the hospital episode? That was a pretty funny one that sort of got out of hand quickly.

Kraco
Sun, 03-16-2008, 01:48 PM
That was definitely not us. The only thing we've ever done that comes close is releasing http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274518/ as a troll episode (which despite its title is not at all pornographic).

It could have been that. I mean, I didn't actually watch it. I closed the player as soon as I noticed it was not Naruto and it was probably something I didn't want my eyes exposed to.

lafnear
Wed, 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Who made the troll of the Gaara visiting the hospital episode? That was a pretty funny one that sort of got out of hand quickly.

Live-Evil did a wonderful and hilarious Naruto troll around that time, but I can't remember if it was that episode exactly. It was the inspiration for DB's first fakesub.

Assertn
Wed, 03-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Live-Evil did a wonderful and hilarious Naruto troll around that time, but I can't remember if it was that episode exactly. It was the inspiration for DB's first fakesub.
It started off with Baki proclaiming that Gaara has run off with the sand-nins' stash. I forget what else there was...but the first half of it was pretty clever.