PDA

View Full Version : TV: Chuck

Munsu
Mon, 07-23-2007, 08:47 AM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2114/chuckfullepisodeszachardq7.jpg

Preair for episode 1 of Chuck:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=98022fa895a1dd994bdf7897e18 98844c3016026

I thought the first episode was nice. It had it's funny moments, and it had some hot chicks. It has plenty of action too. Feels like a huge upgrade from that Jake 2.0 show a few years back. It has a bit of mystery too to drive the plot forward, so I think some of you might enjoy the series.

The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz, and director McG (We Are Marshall), bring us Chuck, a new drama pilot at ABC, laced with humor about young twenty-something spies.

Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) plays Chuck, a nerdy computer tech who has a database of government secrets downloaded into his brain. Chuck soon finds himself recruited by John Casey (Adam Baldwin of Day Break), a veteran NSA Agent, for espionage work with his new partner (and first date in ten years) Sarah (Yvonne Strzechowski) -- leading Chuck to live a split life of computer geek and secret NSA missions.

Also cast in the pilot are Sarah Lancaster as Chuck's sister Ellie, Joshua Gomez as his best bud Morgan, and Natalie Martinez. McG will serve as executive producer with Schwartz. Chris Fedak and Peter Johnson are co-executive producers. On May 10, 2007, Chuck was officially given a series order by NBC.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
It was funny, and I did like it a lot. My only problem is that he's only got the information from up to the point it was transferred in, so there has to be a limit to what he can actually get out of it. It's not like more data can go in there.

At least having all the data compressed into pictures of pies and hummingbirds was a good idea, you can store a lot of data inside pictures. It kind of makes up for somehow being able to transfer all that data in a few seconds from a smartphone.

We'll see how the next couple episode go.

Munsu
Thu, 08-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Comic-Con '07: Chuck Panel

Doesn't contain spoilers beyond the first episode, but like all tv show's panel stories, a good read so check it out:
http://www.tv.com/story/9966.html?tag=story_list;title;0

Koyuki
Wed, 09-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Just saw the premiere. It was pretty good, somewhat like Jake 2.0. I'll keep wathcing it. Sarah is pretty cute ^_^

Munsu
Tue, 10-09-2007, 02:26 AM
Just saw episodes 2 and 3, here they are:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=124f9f3ab5c56f4d108f23b1ac8 fb10ca7ba4f28
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=677756c8a7b462b6f5154f7f505 b969f1f1cbd3d

Episode 2 was alright, didn't really care for it much. But, episode 3 was really good, probably the best episode so far. Chuck goes in for his first spying mission, and we get to see a really cool cat fight, which is always welcomed. You guys keeping up with the show?

Munsu
Tue, 10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Anyone up-to-date with the series? Episode 4 was another great episode. There's a lot of development in the relationship between Chuck and Sarah, and a hot chick plays some spy games with them.

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=c91eab7456a10651520be8096b7 449af6f60bdc9

Assassin
Tue, 10-16-2007, 07:14 PM
its been pretty good, but not really much to discuss so far. They've yet to reveal any deeper plot beyond the sarah/bryce thing.

animus
Tue, 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
I've been following. Pretty decent so far, and yeah not much to discuss. Needs more Organ imo.

Munsu
Thu, 10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, Organ is funny dude. At least he got a frenchie in the last episode. I still don't know what to think of Sarah, if she can be trusted or not, hopefully by the end of the first season we'll see a decisive event that will clear all doubts we may have about her. But man, I love her part-time job uniform.

kAi
Wed, 10-31-2007, 04:33 AM
Trust Sarah god dammit, but seriously I think she can be trusted she will do things that will begin to make you think not to trust her but in the end she will be the one to trust the most.

A nice series so far, only started on it last night, and have now caught up.

Munsu
Mon, 11-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Tonight's episode was quite good, especially in the plot/background information department.

We learned alot of why things have turned out the way they have and on Bryce's and Chuck's relationship. Now I'm more interested on Bryce's real intentions when he did the things he did in the first episode, and was he really a traitor. It brings light into Casey's character and the people he works for, since he has basically been ordered to kill Chuck in the future.

Animeniax
Sun, 11-11-2007, 10:35 AM
This is a great series. Sarah is babelicious and Chuck and even Casey are really likable. Morgan is kind of annoying and over the top as his loser friend. I love the geek tech humor. It's funny when you hear Chuck babble tech jargon and you know it's a bunch of bull. Then you really know you're a nerd.

Munsu
Fri, 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM
This week's episode surely has been the best one yet. Again, a lot of plot development, which seemed to be lacking earlier in the series. A new chick showed up, and she's likeable... hopefully she'll be around for a couple of episodes. Liked the drama at the Buy More too. Sara is hard to read, you can see she has some affection for Chuck, but it's hard to see up to what extent. Looking at the previews, it seems like we're up for some suprise. I wonder if Bryce is still alive or something.

Foomanchew24
Fri, 11-16-2007, 12:50 AM
This show is a lot of fun. It is slowly getting better each episode, too bad the season will be cut short due to the strike. Sadly I will miss Harry Tong...why do TV shows get rid of the people we hate? Hating someone is much more interesting than liking them. Also what ever happened to Harry's wife and Morgan? Maybe he did get to show her his egg roll and she opened her fortune cookie....

Munsu
Sun, 11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Last week's episode was very good again... Sara and Chuck's relationship develops even further.

So it looks like Bryce is alive after all. Wonder if he'll be an enemy to Chuck or help him... also if he'll just become a guest star for a couple of episodes or if he'll become a regular of the show. Finally when Sara and Chuck seem like they'll get together, it'll be fun to see how Sara and Bryce pick-up from where they left-off.

Assassin
Sun, 11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
im really hoping bryce will be a 'fun' character like chuck and not serious, like sara.

Munsu
Thu, 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Well he came and went, and now Sara has to choose where she wants to be... next episode looks interesting, and it seems like the shit might hit the fan. Chuck starts to meddle and screw things up, and it seems that they are even throwing missles at Chuck to try and kill him.

Munsu
Mon, 01-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Well, Chuck will be returning this Thursday with two new episodes... and that will be it for this season. Yeah, yeah... fucking strike.

Anyways, remembering the finale I thought it was good with Chuck and Sara having their little cat fight with Sara PMS'ing allover the place.

TwisT
Mon, 01-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Actually i didn't like Sara's PMS. I got a little annoyed at her. And just 2 new episodes? That sucks.

Munsu
Tue, 01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Well, it looks like the final episodes 12 and 13 aired in Canada already:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=9b437e1d35433ef351721e92155 a7313518ff11d
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=089e38fc401d08f2a71cbd6cdf9 159e6b48bef5b

Animeniax
Sat, 03-01-2008, 07:30 AM
I finally watched the rest of the series, and wow, what a crappy season finale to an otherwise awesome series. Pretty much everyone is annoying in the last episode, the plot was predictable, and there are plot holes galore. Arrgh, what a craptacular way to finish the season.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Isn't that just because they just randomly stopped due to the writer's strike? Or did they decide to add episodes during the past few months

Animeniax
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM
No they finished the season with 13 episodes, with episodes 7-13 produced while the strike was going on, I think. All of the episodes were awesome and contiguous, until the last one, which was contiguous but not awesome.

Sapphire
Sat, 03-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh well. Not as good as the Heroes finale, but I'll take it. Hope they make another season... since nothing was really resolved..

Animeniax
Sat, 03-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I think it's been confirmed that NBC picked up Chuck for another season. It's a good series. Just ended the season with a bad finale, but with most of the smaller stuff resolved, with the larger story unresolved.

Munsu
Sat, 03-01-2008, 02:26 PM
No they finished the season with 13 episodes, with episodes 7-13 produced while the strike was going on, I think. All of the episodes were awesome and contiguous, until the last one, which was contiguous but not awesome.

That's what you get for wanting a Writers' Strike.

Animeniax
Sun, 03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Well like I said episodes 7-12 were awesome, and I think those were made during the strike, though the scripts were probably written before the strike. Only the last episode was bad because it was so cliche and felt rushed, thus the plot holes.

I really was just kidding about wanting the writer's strike.

Munsu
Thu, 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM
For those interested, the full second season has been picked up by NBC, while previously it was only half the season or so:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117991250.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Assassin
Fri, 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
awesome...can't wait for more spy action and hot girls.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-30-2008, 09:01 AM
While I loved season 1, it ended on a low note with the rushed season finale. Unfortunately I think season 1 covered all of the setup we needed, and following seasons will be more situational. We've already seen all of the various quirks and character traits of the main cast, so the next season might not be as interesting, and the show could become more spy-story and less character driven, which for me would spell doom for the show.

Assassin
Sat, 08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
theres still a whole bunch of characters we haven't met, like that rogue spy who was tring to recruit bryce (was that his name?)....and im sure theres more agents in that organization then that guy.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah but that's what I'm saying. The main characters have basically been hashed out, with only the Sarah/Chuck romance to develop. So now it will be a series of new spies and characters and weird situations for the main characters. Unfortunately the main characters are mostly one-dimensional.

kAi
Sun, 08-31-2008, 02:47 AM
Still a fun series, will be waiting for this.

Munsu
Sun, 08-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Here are some promos for season 2 while we're at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR7vNa2PSk0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftTmPKACgPg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_M4JslQMtE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCg87mY4Ix0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQFCVb1GJjY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM6TEXjjI0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y-PsBa9fUE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNjDVFEuGng&feature=related

Munsu
Tue, 09-23-2008, 04:10 PM
First episode on Hulu:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/35491/chuck-sneak-peek-chuck-versus-the-first-date

narutosharingan
Wed, 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Wasn't a bad episode. I think they could've done more with the villian.

Munsu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I thought it was quite entertaining. Casey was completely awesome in this episode. Sarah is no longer in the winner fast food place (and the outfit is gone), but the new outfit is still hot.

I agree with you, they could've done more with the villian in this episode, but the final fight with Sarah was pretty good. It looks like Chuck will be getting some agent training from now on.

animus
Fri, 10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I was looking up Chuck on imdb, and the female general's actor's name is Bonita Friedericy. LOL, what an amazing last name.

Animeniax
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Sigh, hate to be right but season 2 so far is really disappointing. Episodes 2 and 3 were annoying, especially Chuck's character. They run around talking about being spies out loud in public places, risk failing missions by acting silly, and act obnoxious the rest of the time. Chuck's bumbling was endearing before, now it's annoying. Casey isn't as cool as in the first season, just more of a background character. Very disappointing first 3 episodes.

Munsu
Tue, 11-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I don't know, I'm still enjoying the series. I don't take the spy stuff too seriously, but sure I can see why one might find it annoying when they really don't act like spies should.

Anyways, I think the last couple of episodes have been fairly strong. We got a lot of background info on Sara, and the introduction of Chuck's ex from college is shaking things up a bit.

I mean, the show brought back the kid from Boy Meets World, how can that not be full of win?

Assassin
Tue, 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM
who's the kid from boy meets world?

Just saw yesterday's ep....nice twist, though somewhat easy to see. Things should get interesting now.

Munsu
Tue, 11-18-2008, 01:08 PM
who's the kid from boy meets world?

Just saw yesterday's ep....nice twist, though somewhat easy to see. Things should get interesting now.
The guy they were protecting in the class reunion episode, the one about Sara's past. The one that thought that Chuck was a badass mother fucker.

animus
Tue, 11-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Saw that coming. She overstayed her welcome way too long to be just a fling.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Just saw episode 6 "Chuck vs the Ex" and the series still has hope.

Wow, what a difference a good director makes! Jay Chandrasekhar (from Broken Lizard, the troupe that made Super Troopers) directs this great episode. There are no glaring plot holes, no missing scenes, no silly unprofessional spy work for the most part, Chuck is likable instead of obnoxious, the Buy More side story is funny and clever, Casey gets some great lines, everything that made this a great series is all there. Plus the gorgeous Jordana Brewster guest stars and it seems will have a recurring role.

Best episode since episode 11 of season 1.

Munsu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Just caught up...

I liked the episode with Sara's dad, and yesterday's episode (the Christmas one) was quite good. Fun episode, with some twists, and the characters are placed in interesting positions emotionally towards the end of the episode to continue with the series.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-17-2008, 06:35 AM
You are too easily amused Munsu. The Christmas episode started out ok, if a bit cliched with the stereotypical "gather everyone together somehow" scenario, then the cornball enters the cooking vat and it's plot holes, nonsense, and ridiculously unbelievable situations and developments for the rest of the show. Chuck makes friends with the hostage taker and then somehow convinces everyone to make nice with him to prolong a situation that would have lasted 5 minutes otherwise.

The only upside of the episode is the somewhat realistic spy thing that Sarah does towards the end of the episode, leaving Chuck in an actual "oh crap I'm dealing with spies and people might actually die" situation that the series has defied since it's beginning, and while it was passable during the first season, has become less and less forgivable as the show progresses (regresses).

They need to spend more of their budget on directors and story-writers and less on special guest stars.

Munsu
Wed, 12-17-2008, 07:11 AM
You are too easily amused Munsu. The Christmas episode started out ok, if a bit cliched with the stereotypical "gather everyone together somehow" scenario, then the cornball enters the cooking vat and it's plot holes, nonsense, and ridiculously unbelievable situations and developments for the rest of the show. Chuck makes friends with the hostage taker and then somehow convinces everyone to make nice with him to prolong a situation that would have lasted 5 minutes otherwise.

The only upside of the episode is the somewhat realistic spy thing that Sarah does towards the end of the episode, leaving Chuck in an actual "oh crap I'm dealing with spies and people might actually die" situation that the series has defied since it's beginning, and while it was passable during the first season, has become less and less forgivable as the show progresses (regresses).

They need to spend more of their budget on directors and story-writers and less on special guest stars.
Yeah, I'm easily entertained... that's because I manage expectations well. I think it's a bit too late to be worried about cliches when it comes to Chuck... some of them are deliberate. It's a fun show that doesn't take itself seriously, from there I gauge the situations. If this were a serious drama then all those things you mention would certainly bother me, but not in this type of show.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-27-2008, 01:12 PM
I really hate this show; Chuck's pansy attitude and Sarah's conflicting unemotions ruin almost every mission, and the only saving grace in the entire show is Casey, who treats Chuck like the incompetent inconvenience he really is. And for some reason I've seen every episode! Damn you Hulu. I'm weak.

I have to admit that the series is somehow getting slightly better in my opinion. I hate nearly every character in the show (I only like some buy more people + casey, and NSA/CIA heads), but I enjoy seeing what mess the characters have gotten themselves into now.

Oh and I'll mention that it was cool that Sarah killed a bad guy for Chuck, should Chuck be happy that she did that to save him or pissed that she killed someone no matter what?

Animeniax
Sat, 12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself. Sarah's hotness was the original impetus for giving this show a chance, but that wears off pretty quickly, even with the skimpy underwear scenes and cute work outfits they have her prance around in. Chuck was likable in the first season, now he spends most missions chasing skirt instead of worrying about the killers trying to take over the world.

I think the series has steadily gotten worse as it loses its identity. Is it a spy show, or a scifi geek show, or a comedy? Because it seems to fail as it tries to be all those things. Some things don't mix. It was like when the alien scifi teen show Roswell decided it didn't want to be a high school show and went more with the alien tilt. Big mistake, and the show died.

Munsu
Mon, 02-02-2009, 08:45 AM
New episode tonight, but looking at the promos it seems like it's going to be a 3D episode. I hope it doesn't suck.

Munsu
Sun, 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Just watched the special 3D episode, and hated it. First, I didn't have any of those special glasses so the episode looked pretty much like shit. Secondly, the episode was quite boring in my opinion.

Hopefully next one will be better.

Penner
Mon, 02-09-2009, 02:21 AM
yeah that 3d thing was bullcrap, i downloaded the regular "2-d" version but it was like 100mb and from that u can pretty much guess the videoquality :P, still better than having blue/yellow crap all over everything tho..

Munsu
Mon, 02-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Well Penner, it seems like you'll be my new tv show buddy since everyone around seems to not be watching much tv shows anymore.

And yeah, I really don't like these 3D types of episodes... they've always turned out to be a bad idea all for a stunt to increase viewership (which is usually not sustained). Anyways, the producer is promoting "game changing" events for the season finale... so hopefully there'll be something to get excited about as we move towards that and next season (assuming it gets picked up for another one).

Munsu
Sun, 02-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Last weeks episode was a fun one. We go to the suburbs with Sarah and Chuck playing a married couple. Chuck gets kinda of an upgrade to the intersect, so I wonder what effects it'll have on him. But I think the best thing was Big Mike getting it on with Morgan's mom.

Penner
Sun, 02-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah, Big Mike getting together with Morgans mom can create some hilarious scenes :P

Foomanchew24
Mon, 02-23-2009, 01:35 AM
The 3-d glasses gave me a head ache and the show wasnt very 3-d to me. I prefer my tv sans the head ache. Recent episode was alot of fun especially with Chuck sneaking out of the neighbors house in broad daylight while everyone was watching. It was a very ghetto moment for Chuck who seems so straight laced. Show seems to get consistent numbers, I think it will get picked up for next year, after that who knows. Need to cross our fingers that the whole Jay Leno thing goes down like a flaming pile of shit. I much rather watch a scripted show than a vapid talk show.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Wow - this show has somehow gotten way better in the last few episodes. Every episode ends with a cliffhanger and the comic relief of the Buy More is finally working. Chuck isn't blindly in love with Sarah anymore and that makes the show a lot better. He's still a bit incompetent but his "Morgan" move is AMAZING!! XD

I'm actually excited to see this show now for some reason, probably because Chuck doesn't ruin the missions as much anymore. It's a lot more fun to see him being useful and less of a pansy. Perhaps we will see him evolve into an effectively affectionate badass? Sarah continues to do dumb things to protect Chuck behind an emotionless facade, only this time it seems she made the right choice.

Penner
Tue, 04-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Aye the quality of the show has increased alot lately, its great ^^

Munsu
Mon, 04-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Finally caught up, and the last handful of episodes have been great, especially since they decided to progress the plot substantially.

We also met Chuck's dad played by the awesome Scott Bakula (great casting). Orion is revealed, and as such Chuck is apparently Intersect free. Morgan also leaves the Buy-More, and Capt. Awesome learns Chuck's secret. How about Chevy Chase playing a bad guy?

Anyways, season (series finale?) tonight with Ellie's wedding. Hopefully the show gets renewed for a 3rd season, since by the looks of it, we'll be stepping outside of the mold of what Chuck has been so far... probably no more Buy-More stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZN-Svrf3XM

Penner
Tue, 04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Season Finale is out and how fucking awesome was that!! Super intersect!

WELCOME TO THE MOTHERFUCKING MATRIX!

Edit:

How awesome was "Jeffster" at the wedding, seriously, they rocked the shit out of that place.

Munsu
Tue, 04-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Indeed, Jeffster singing Mr. Roboto was completely awesome.

This series better get a 3rd season, they cannot leave us hanging now that Chuck is kicking major ass. That final scene was pretty cool... some Bruce Lee type of shit.

Orion had an Intersect in his head all along, we should've known. Bryce is dead, kinda sucks... but he did survive the last time, so he might not be dead yet.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Holy shit, this finale was AMAZING. We need another season now that Chuck isn't completely lame anymore! They seriously took their sweet time in finally making him awesome.

I love how they were just standing there watching him kick ass. And seriously that was the best choreography of the season. Maybe it was because it was a shock to finally see Chuck kick ass or something, but yeah, best episode of the season!!

Munsu
Tue, 04-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Here's an interview with the creator, Josh Schwartz:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Chuck-interview-Schwartz-1005538.aspx

It's a good read.

narutosharingan
Wed, 04-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Indeed, Jeffster singing Mr. Roboto was completely awesome.

This series better get a 3rd season, they cannot leave us hanging now that Chuck is kicking major ass. That final scene was pretty cool... some Bruce Lee type of shit.

Orion had an Intersect in his head all along, we should've known. Bryce is dead, kinda sucks... but he did survive the last time, so he might not be dead yet.

Agree, a 3rd season needs to be done. This series is way underrated, and it doesn't help that it's on at the same time as House. But I loved Chuck learning Kung Fu, then saying ala Neo. Great stuff.

Munsu
Sun, 05-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Just a rumor, but it looks like Chuck will be picked up. There should be an official announcement on Monday:
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/nbc-renews-chuck-medium-law-order/

Nikki Frinke is quite reliable.

Inazuma
Sun, 05-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Bryce is a Sunrise character, he may come back due to some strange ...(Decoy Ship ? )

Penner
Mon, 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Looking good for Chuck: The Fate of Chuck (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14026/the-fate-of-chuck-looking-good-/)

Munsu
Sun, 05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Renewed for a 3rd season:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/its-official-nb.html

13 episode order.

Penner
Thu, 08-27-2009, 11:37 AM
How awesome is this picture (http://reporter.blogs.com/.a/6a00d83451d69069e20115722f5a10970b-1024wi)?

Edit: Forgot the actual info: Click (http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/chuck-superpowers-comic-con-.html)

Edit 2: Updated with better quality of the poster picture.

Chuck Won't Return Until March 2010 (http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Chuck-2010-1008684.aspx)

"Superman" joins Chuck (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/27/chuck-lands-superman-brandon-routh/)

Penner
Thu, 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Kristin Kreuk joins Chuck (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/09/02/exclusive-smallville-heroine-kristin-kreuk-joins-chuck/)

Honestly.. i do not like this, she sucks, as does her so called "acting".

Lana, stay the fuck away from my shows.

Munsu
Thu, 09-03-2009, 12:52 PM
I have zero problems with Kristin Kreuk. Lana sucked, and that's mainly because the writters did a shitty job with her. She was quite likable in the earlier seasons. We'll see how she does. She's hot.

Penner
Fri, 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Here's a piece of awesome news, Chuck's dad returns! (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/08/chuck-scott-bakula-returns/)

Munsu
Mon, 01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Any of you watch the premiere yet? Last night it was 2 hours, and tonight there's going to be another episode.

I'll watch yesterday's episodes in a few.

Sapphire
Mon, 01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm liking the new badass Chuck. Emotionless Sarah is still annoying wtf? They have NO Chemsitry.

Munsu
Tue, 01-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Just watched the 3 episodes, and I enjoyed them. Certainly there were some really funny scenes... episode 3 ended in a big cliffhanger with Captain Awesome.

Munsu
Tue, 01-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Hmm, Lana made an appearance on Chuck last night. Although I couldn't completely shake-off the Lana annoyance, I thought the character was quite fine. She seems to be a love interest for Chuck and she'll be around for a couple of episodes.... we'll see what this means for Sara.

Stone Cold.

Sapphire
Tue, 01-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm really liking this episode so far. I was pretty disappointed when Sara got away with jumping on a white horse to save Chuck when he got into that mess himself. So the new agent dude put him in a situation where he can't be rescued. What is also interesting is the fact that while Sara may want to protect him, she is only crippling him by running to his rescue every time he wussies out. Casey is hilarious and awesome as usual and the comedic timing is great. Kristin Kruek was pretty in this ep. Her chemistry with Chuck OWNS chuck's with Sara's. It's actually enoyable to see!!

The watch was awesome!

The twists in this show were good too. I can't say enough about this episode.

Munsu
Tue, 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
The good news is that at the moment, Chuck is getting OK ratings and it's beings steady. And by doing OK ratings, they're actually one of the highest rated shows on NBC at the moment.

Soon there'll be Winter Olympics on NBC, so shows will be taking a break... when the show returns it'll be a test to see if they can retain the viewership.

Penner
Wed, 01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
This show just gets better and better!

Damn Olympics messing with my tv watching.

Munsu
Tue, 02-02-2010, 12:59 AM
I thought tonight's episode was a fun one... now everyone close to Chuck is suspecting him of hiding something, and there's an there are master stalkers on the case. I also liked the scenes of when Sara first met Chuck.

Penner
Tue, 02-09-2010, 07:27 AM
You'd think theres not many ways left to make this show more awesome, then this happens:

'Chuck' enlists Christopher Lloyd for future mission (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/08/chuck-christopher-lloyd-shrink/)

Awesome overload!

Munsu
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Christopher Lloyd is great, so hopefully he'll do good here. Just watched last night's episode, and it was pretty good. I feel for Morgan though, and I don't like the Sara pairing... it's quite obvious, at least to me, that she is kinda forcing herself. And it's odd that this is happening since he was spouting all that crap about how bad relationship for spies are, since he got his wife killed or some shit.

We'll see. I was hoping to see more Morgan-Elle action though.

Last episode before the Olympics. I hope the ratings don't get screwed up when it returns.

Sapphire
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Chuck has this run of the mill job. Nothing spectacular especially since he attended a great college. He's the story of a guy who had, and has a lot of potential but can't demonstrate it. On top of that he's pretty unsuccessful in the romance department and completely until recently. We see the stress this has on his family, and the toll it takes. But beneath that, he has the most envious job. He is protecting the livelyhood of his family and in one of the most impressive ways you can think of -- both in title and tactical skills. I love the irony of it. I was just reminded of this because Chuck's sister and Morgan felt that there was something going on with Chuck.

Chuck is starting to feel like an IRL anime to me. A Shounen or something. The main character seems to be a loser, has an unsuccessful and stagnant romance with hot female (love interests put at risk.. action trope), there's scenes of his other life that have nothing to do with him, other characters get their own episode sometimes, there's some mystical organization behind everything (typical action show trope?), and flashing is his trump card. Hah. Sarah = ice queen?

I LOVE Kristen Kruek and whoever the new guy is. The new guy is even hotter than Casey, forgive my blasphemy. I will be very sad if they are not on for long... in fact they should be permanent cast! It's so romantic how Kruek dropped everything to take a chance with Chuck (even if it was a plot device). And Sarah finally opens up to new guy in a way she never opened up to Chuck? wtf Now where is Casey's lover....

TwisT
Wed, 02-10-2010, 03:20 PM
Casey's lover is put away safely in his gun rack :P

I still wanna see Sarah and chuck end up together. I love Kristen Kruek and it's a good change of pace with her there. But when all is done and we get to the end of the season (or at least at the end of the show) i still want to see them get draw to each other again.

Munsu
Tue, 03-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Solid episode last night, and we learn Sarah's real name. I think the name sucks. But other than that, I thought it was a cool episode overall.

kyubisrage
Wed, 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Poor Chuck.. Dude cant catch a break.. He breaks up with Hannah so he can stop lying and possibly get with Sarrah/sam and Sarrah/sam and Shaw are getting down in the castle.

Penner
Tue, 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Whaaaaaaat, how awesome was this ep!

Edit: Jeffster: The sound of Freedom!!

Penner
Tue, 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Nooooo! Poor Casey :(, don't take him away!

Munsu
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't think they can keep Casey away for long. He's pretty much the best thing that series has. They'll be in some mission, and for some reason Casey will be the only one capable of lending a hand in the situation, and he'll be back. You'll see.

I wonder if we'll see more of his ex and daughter in the future.

kyubisrage
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Casey isn't gone he is too much apart of the story to be removed.. If they take him out of the show they will kill him..

Munsu
Fri, 03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
I bet he'll still be in the Buy More.

Lucifus
Fri, 03-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Do we not discuss previews?

Spoilers:

Yea, in the preview it still showed him working at the BuyMore.

Munsu
Fri, 03-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Not really sure what the rules are about previews in this section, but sure a fair warning should be enough I would think.

Munsu
Thu, 03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Anyone watch the new episode?

I like Casey in his new role... and Chuck is finally a full spy. I wonder if Casey will simply follow Chuck in all his missions and do the dirty work for him.

kyubisrage
Thu, 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
It certainly will satisfy casey to be Chucks hitman loll.. I am waiting till Sarah dies or *fake dies* for chuck to become a killer. I don't think itll hurt his character just make it better.

Penner
Wed, 03-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Mark Sheppard as the Ring "Director" was awesome, i've liked him ever since he played Badger in Firefly ^^

Sapphire
Wed, 03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
Okay I get that the whole thing was set up from the beginning, but come on, does Chuck really have to end up with Sarah? She has no emotions for god's sakes! She's practically two timing between hot new agent and Chuck and she's being secretive about all of it. Chuck and Kruek have way more chemistry, and are thus a better couple right? I can't even see why Chuck loves Sarah other than the fact that the writer's deem that he does... It would have been nice and different to see them end up seperate ways - tension allowed (like House).

Come on

animus
Wed, 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Anyone else roll their eyes and palm face when Sarah kept going on about, "You killed that man, you're not the same goofy person I used to love any more!". Ridiculous.

Penner
Tue, 04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Fantastic ep! Tons of stuff happened, Casey returns, Morgan joins the crew, Shaw's gone(good riddens ^^) and Sarah finally gets her act together regarding Chuck!

I just love this show.

Sapphire
Tue, 04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
It was a pretty epic ending, but I can't help but wish that Shaw was two timing the ring all along. He seemed entirely reluctant about hurting Sarah at all, just calmly like "well I guess I have to kill Sarah now". Well I guess it's hard to have enough chemistry with a robot to display emotion when you have to kill it.

The ending was touching but it doesn't make me like Sarah any better, she only went back to Chuck the moment she found out she killed Shaw's wife (as if she sensed things would be awkward from now on). I think Sarah needs to take lessons from Chuck and Blair (gossip girl but some of the best chemistry I've seen on TV).

Penner
Tue, 04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Loved the new ep!

And Jeffster is as awesome 'unplugged' as ever!

Penner
Sat, 05-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Chuck is officially renewed!

Munsu
Wed, 05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Yep, that's great news... though for 13 episodes only at the moment. The ratings haven't been good so we're lucky it got another season.

Season finally was this Monday, and it hit a season low if not mistaken... but it was going against heavy competition.

Will be catching up in the coming week, since I fell behind on the series a bit.

Sapphire
Wed, 05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I think the finale was quite amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if the dad was still alive though. I don't believe anyone in television is dead anymore unless they're disintegrated into pieces.

The funeral during the first ep of the next season would make things official though, if they did. For example Shaw isn't even dead! But I like the fact that Chuck has limitations in his powers. Also I am interested in the new clusterfucks that Chuck can expect to face. If The Rings were that noob, then I expect amazing things from the organization that "even the government is afraid of".

And Sara has emotions now! I'm so relieved. I still think Kruek should have been casted as Sara though. :|

Oh yeah, the deadpan, slightly bored "muhaha"s were so hliarious.

Penner
Wed, 05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Aye, the finale was great, and Caseys daughter is so damn cute, go Morgan go!

I'm also curious what will happen to Jeff and Lester since it seems they are now fugitives and primary suspects for blowing up the BuyMore :D

Munsu
Thu, 05-27-2010, 11:05 PM
We'll I'm almost caught up at the moment, only the 2-hour finale left... but tired at the moment, will finish it tomorrow.

animus
Sat, 05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
The fist showdown reminded me of Old Snake vs Ocelot from MGS4 heh.

All in all I enjoyed it, and I'm glad it got a renewal. Though I hope they don't fudge anything up or rush the new bad guys since it's only a 13 episode renewal atm.

Penner
Sat, 05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, i'm hoping the next season does well and they get one of those "back-orders" or whatever they're called to extend the season to a "full" one :P

Munsu
Sun, 05-30-2010, 08:12 AM
Just watched the finale, and it was A+. To me, it felt like a very good way to finish up the series completely... but what was introduced at the end was interesting so I'm glad it's continuing.

Penner
Wed, 07-14-2010, 02:44 PM
'Chuck' enlists Dolph Lundgren (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/chuck-enlists-dolph-lundgren-harry-dean-stanton/)

Munsu
Wed, 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
'Chuck' enlists Dolph Lundgren (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/14/chuck-enlists-dolph-lundgren-harry-dean-stanton/)

Holyshit, that's completely awesome.

Penner
Wed, 07-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Olivia Munn to guest star on "Chuck" (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/20/chuck-olivia-munn/)

Nicole Richie returns to 'Chuck' (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/22/chuck-nicole-richie-returns/)

Three new 'Chuck' Comic-Con posters (http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/07/chuck-comic-con-posters-pics.html)

Oh my god, how's this for awesome casting news?

Linda Hamilton cast as Chuck's mother (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/24/chuck-mother-linda-hamilton-spoilers/)

Can you feel the awesome!?

Munsu
Sat, 07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh my god, how's this for awesome casting news?

Linda Hamilton cast as Chuck's mother (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/24/chuck-mother-linda-hamilton-spoilers/)

Can you feel the awesome!?
I just saw that, it's great.

Penner
Wed, 08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Lou Ferrigno guest star on 'Chuck' (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/03/chuck-lou-ferrigno/)

Man they are really rockin' the guest stars in the coming season, looks pretty awesome so far!

Penner
Wed, 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Even more guest-star awesomeness!

Robert Englund to terrorize 'Chuck' (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/08/freddy-krueger-chuck-robert-englund-nbc/)

Munsu
Sat, 09-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Here's a sneak peak into season 4, though it seems a bit spoilerish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc-1G4Q34sY

Looks good in my opinion, show returns this Monday.

Sapphire
Tue, 09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Did I just see the Old Spice guy in Chuck?

Munsu
Tue, 09-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Did I just see the Old Spice guy in Chuck?

Yes you did.

I think this will be the last season for Chuck. It's not doing well ratings wise, at the very least I hope it gets a back 9 and has a proper ending.

Haven't watched last night's episode yet.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-20-2010, 12:14 AM
"You break her heart, I break your everything".

Casey, be my baby daddy please.

Munsu
Wed, 10-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Still haven't seen the latest, but Chuck got picked up for a full season, about 11 more episodes.

Munsu
Mon, 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Just watched the last two episodes which featured Hamilton, Englund and Dalton... fun episodes.

I really liked Timothy Dalton in this one, he was quite awesome.

Penner
Mon, 11-08-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah he was great, i honestly did not see his twist coming at all :P

Penner
Tue, 02-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Ahhh, PUSH IT!, PUSH IT GOOD!

Man this episode was awesome.

Munsu
Tue, 02-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Episode would have made a very good series finale...

Don't know where the show goes from here. Too bad the show got a ratings low for this episode.

Sapphire
Wed, 02-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm starting to hate this show. Who invades a hospital to sing their cover of Push It during a traumatic experience such as a birth?

That aside, how come no one is suspicious of Chuck when he talks on his watch walkie talkie? I mean is it really necessary for him to make that huge hand movement? That's like a red flag to any nearby agent.

I did like Volcoff's (sp) relationship with the mom. He wouldn't hurt her no matter what she did, even though she clearly had no passion for him and acted highly suspiciously. He would just act hurt but protect her no matter what, while at the same time protecting/threatening the people she loved. Startlingly realistic depiction of a psychopath who holds his object of infatuation captive out of fear and jealousy.

Oh and I loved the scene from two episodes ago, when Casey is leaning back and smoking a cigar, telling the tale of his lost love.

Penner
Wed, 02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Wat, starting to hate it? I just love it more and more ;D

And i didn't find it at all weird that they "hijacked" the hospital intercom thing to play 'Push It' because it was Jeff and Lester, and those guys are far from normal people :P

Sapphire
Tue, 04-19-2011, 08:51 PM
This episode was really good. I love how they connected every case with their knowledge of cons. It was an entertaining mystery!

And the loving caringness of the end was just <3. I loved it!

(I'm starting to realize that I have a serious love-hate relationship with this show...)

Munsu
Thu, 05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm a bit behind on the series, but good news... NBC decided to renew it for next season even though the ratings have been quite low, season low levels. 13 episode order so far. Hopefully the producers/writers/creator know that this will probably be their last hurrah, and decide to give it a proper ending before NBC decides to cancel it.

Penner
Thu, 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Ayay, was quite happy when i read that Chuck got renewed after reading that Human Target and Lie to Me got cancelled ^^

Penner
Fri, 05-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Yep, the fifth season will be the final one (http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaking-chuck-spies-season-5-pickup/), i'm sad it's ending but atleast they now have it confirmed its the final one so now they can give the show a proper ending ^^

Sapphire
Fri, 05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
And Sarah Walker is developing as a character! She's gone from a conflicted ice queen to a loving wife! Never thought I'd see the day.

Sapphire
Fri, 05-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Okay, so Morgan has the intersect. I feel a bit unsatisfied with Chuck's bout with the intersect, though. I don't like the combination of Chuck being a total badass but still a total loser who was afraid to do anything or hurt anyone's feelings. It was the worst when he was grovelling to Volfoff's daughter for the antidote. I want to see a badass not a loser trying not to piss his pants in front of the monsters!

Munsu
Tue, 06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Just finished up the latest season, and I didn't like it much. There were a couple of fun episodes towards the end, but the finale was boring... got to say, I'm kinda looking forward to Morgan as the Intersect though.

Munsu
Fri, 01-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Any of you still watching this show? For those who are unaware, the series finale is next week. I have to say, this season has been a huge disappointment in my opinion. Time to wrap things up so we can move on.

Sapphire
Fri, 01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
..............It's still airing?

Munsu
Fri, 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM
..............It's still airing?

Hehe, yeah. Final season, 13 episodes long or so.

Sapphire
Fri, 01-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Wow. I guess I finally gave up on it.

If it's that bad and not on Hulu, no chance I'm picking it up.

Penner
Fri, 01-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah.. i watched the first 3 eps of this season then i decided to save up and watch it on one go.. but now my interest has kinda 'fizzled out' lol

Might watch the remaining eps once they air on tv over here sometime tho ^^

Munsu
Sat, 01-28-2012, 09:45 PM
And it's done. Alright final 2 episodes, though not sure how I feel about the whole thing. It did have a bit of everything, and at the very least had a fulfilling ending. In any case, glad to see a show that although not the best around, it was fun for what it was and even though it underperformed, the network found a way to give it a chance and a proper send off.