PDA

View Full Version : TV: Reaper

Zati
Fri, 07-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Pilot DVDSCR just came out for the first episode of the show, and from reading the comments on EZTV, it's been getting positive feedback. I am really interested in this show, so gonna take a look, and it might be like another show that I enjoyed "Dead Like Me." And nice, Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob, etc..) directed the pilot. EZTV has the torrent.

Throughout Sam's life, he always wondered why his Mom (Allison Hossack, "Falcon Beach") and his dad (Andrew Airlie, "The L Word") was so easy on him whether it was sports, school, or career choices and hard on his brother, Keith (Kyle Switzer, "15/Love") to succeed. Because of it, Sam decides to drop out of college, and takes a dead beat job, waisting most of his time playing video games, wishing he could ask his co-worker Andi (Nikki Reed, "The O.C.") out. Everything changes in Sam's life once he turns 21 and finds out the reason his parents let him get over was because they sold his soul to the devil before he was born. Satan (Ray Wise, "24") explains to Sam that he must serve as his bounty hunter, tracking down souls that have escaped from Hell. Initially Sam refuses to accept his fate but he realizes the grave consequences of breaking a deal with the devil. He is armed with various vessels (i.e. a Dirt mini-vacuum machine) to collect the escapees. Sam finds that the work is dangerous and frightening even with the goof ball help of his friends and fellow slackers, Bert "Sock" Wysocki (Tyler Labine, "Boston Legal"), Ben (Rick Gonzalez, "Coach Carter"), and Sock's former girlfriend, Josie (Valarie Rae Miller, "Dark Angel"). As bizarre as his life becomes, Sam feels good about his new found "missions", removing evil souls from the world and sending them back to where they belong. Along with his friends and his vessel of the week, Sam prepares to face his destiny as the "Reaper".

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
I remember hearing that the original pilot was different than the aired pilot, so here's the pilot episode that aired yesterday:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=cfc9d790d835979b3ade7e6b3b3 fd29a020a8790

I really liked the first episode. Looks like it'll be a fun series. The main draw for me is the actor that plays the Devil, and the hottie Missy Peregrym (Candice on Heroes).

Koyuki
Wed, 09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
The first episode was good, seems like a fun show. I liked the actors, especially Missy Peregrym (from Heroes). The guy that plays the devil, he suits the role, he reminds me a bit of Sinatra and I know I've seen him in some old movies. Also nice to see Bret Harrison, he was pretty funny in Grounded for life.

I'll keep watching.

Munsu
Wed, 09-26-2007, 01:41 PM
The guy that plays the Devil, turned crazy for a few episodes in the series Twin Peaks, and he was really creepy, which is nice for this role.

TwisT
Fri, 09-28-2007, 02:00 AM
I haven't watched the PREAIR if this one so i can't compare it with the aired pilot. But i loved this one. Well like most i loved the Devil. He has this nice charm to him that is both cool and funny, yet he gives of this really evil aura. I think he was borne too play this kind of roles.

And i also love the relationship between both Sam & Andi and Sam & Sock. I love how he always "dumbs up" when he tries to make a move on Andi. And i love the fact Sam is a hugh slacker but still get outclassed by Sock that is at least twice the slacker Sam is. And when Sam told Sock about the telekinesis think, and Sock threw that package in Sam's face, HARD, i laughed my ass off.

And the CGI was actually pretty nice on that escaped soul. First i thought it was gonna be crappy homemade looking effects when the fire appeared from arm to arm (you could totally see it came from behind him) but then his skin became "charcoaled and lavish". That made me happy. Seems like they actually put down some money into the special effects to give the show that little extra touch.

All in all i loved it. Definitely one of the best newcomers and this is a definitive watch for most of you.

Zati
Fri, 09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Yup, I loved the pilot too. Very nice, and it'll be fun seeing him getting all kinds of missions and stuff from the Devil. Sock's character is great, I love that kind of character. And yeah, the actor that plays the Devil is a great fit for the role.

kAi
Wed, 10-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Just finished watching the first episode, I don't get into to many TV shows but this got my attention, and I think Ill continue watching this.

It was good to see that the special effects are pretty good, and the character relationships are good, nice little bit of comedy, it's got a nice mix so far.

Episode 2 is out now.

TwisT
Wed, 10-03-2007, 08:20 AM
This show just got upgraded to one of my all time top favorite shows. Episode 2 was awesome and continued with all the awesomeness that episode 1 showed. I love the fact that they use gear and outfits from the store to fight with the souls. Seeing them run around in wet suits was great. And Sock had a hilarious scene where it seems that he starts to laugh uncontrollable whenever he get nervous. Made me laugh pretty hard.

And then i love the Devil more and more for every scene. I like how they portray him as this necessary thing that is actually filling a purpose with his job, thous in a way even being good in his own evil way. Like how instead of wanting the souls to wreck havoc on earth he actually wants them back. And when he convinces Sam to do it he say things like "You will do the world a favor. You are a hero." and when the lightning struck and killed someone he said things like "She was a good person". And it's true too. And how he does special treats for Sam like helping him hook up with Andi. Showing Sam that he appreciate his work and having his soul owned by the Devil is not all that bad. And then at the end he shoves that cart in front of that car to show that there is still that evil side to him. And it was not a hugh evil thing but a little subtle evil gesture. And I'm sure that it ruined that guys day completely. So far he is the biggest thing making this show so awesome.

But Sam, Sock, Ben and Andi are all great to but they don't compare to The Devil character.

Munsu
Wed, 10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
The only gripes I have with this series is that the comedy is subpar and Missy isn't getting enough scenes. The second episode could've used a bit of more action, the final fight was very anti-climatic. He practically did nothing to win. I was expecting an awesome fight with lightling flying everywhere. Still, it's a fun series to watch, looking forward to episode 3. I bet this show will have a "heavenly bounty hunter" at some point, that should be nice.

kAi
Thu, 10-04-2007, 04:58 AM
Just finished watching episode 2 and I like it even more, mainly for the reasons that TwisT has mentioned. Although, I do agree with Bud about the comedy being subpar, it's certainly a place they could pickk up a little. The character interaction is awesome, the Devil definately makes the show.

They way that it's set up is a good thing too, where there needs to be heaven and hell, like Yin and Yang. That both are necesary for everything to be running smoothly.

Munsu
Wed, 10-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Episode 3 was great. Sock was much funnier in this episode than it the previous one. There was a bit of drama, which was nice, but the main thing is that the comedy improved a bit.

TwisT
Wed, 10-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Tonights episode was awesome. We got to see a more vindictive side to The Devil. Sam got to learn how things just becomes harder and harder the more you fight and try to rebel against the big man himself. I just love when he shows his more sinister side.

Assassin
Thu, 10-18-2007, 03:49 AM
the actor who played the magician was just fucking lame. what was the deal with that fucking eye shadow 'goth look'. made me wanna punch him in the face. they need to get better with the souls.

Munsu
Sat, 10-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Yeah, the souls have been pretty crappy and the action too. The first episode was great because the firefighter and Sam had a really good fight, especially with Sam using some powers of his. Since then, Sam has simply been a normal guy which he shouldn't be. He should have some reaper powers aside from the vessels. These souls have been very lame and their fight with Sam even lamer.

That aside, the plot progression with Sam and Andi has been nice, and the Devil getting pissed of was good. Hopefully the action will improve from here on out.

Munsu
Wed, 11-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, any of you still watching this? Tonight's episode was quite good...

We learned quite a few things from the Devil in this episode, like his girlfriend and all. It seems like he may even have a daughter who can potentially become a love interest for Sam, and she's not bad looking and with Andi playing around with Sam, this should be nice. I still wish that Sam would show some supernatural powers like in the first episode, something that would really make him a real reaper. So far, just about anyone could be one as long as they have a vessel.

TwisT
Wed, 11-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Awesome. I love it when we get to know about the forces of evil and their personal life.

I love the actor that plays Mimmi. She is so freaking hot.

And the devil might have a daughter. That was cool. I have been thinking though about when his father ripped out that page our of Sam's contract. And i was thinking that maybe Sam might be the Devils son. And that might have been what he was trying to hide by taking out that page. If so that would create some interesting things if they where to fall in love or something.

I guess only time will tell. And i also would have hoped that he would have some reaper powers. I was so hoping for him to heal after that fork stabbing wound in the hand. Or at least that he would get temporary powers for the specific soul is on the hunt for at that time. Something that would really make the souls fear the reaper since he would have extra protection against them and their powers.

animus
Wed, 11-28-2007, 08:33 AM
I thought last night's episode was a rerun, bah. Guess I'll have to DL it.

Munsu
Mon, 12-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Last week's episode was really good in my opinion.

Sam starts dating the devil's daughter, and she even goes full frontal with his Sock and company. They getting rich was also nice, they should've kept some for "reaping" expenses. Well, she doesn't know she's the devil's daughter so it'll be interesting to see how it'll go from here and if she'll find out. It would be cool if the devil himself doesn't know it. I also want to see how Andi reacts to finding out about Sam's girlfriend, they didn't show much of her after she learned he was seeing someone.

rockmanj
Thu, 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Just caught up. This is a fairly entertaining show...The track suit line in the last episode was pretty funny "You've never looked faster". That was really dumb giving away all that money; I mean, at least keep a few stacks for yourself.

Munsu
Thu, 03-13-2008, 04:20 AM
Well, Reaper returns tonight with what it looks like 3 new episodes. Here's an article to get you in the mood:
http://www.tv.com/story/11004.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=news&tag=headlines;title;3

rockmanj
Thu, 03-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I can't wait...but why put it up against LOST? That seems like a poor strategy.

TwisT
Fri, 03-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Reaper was awesome last night. Sock venting his anger was a great scene. Sock mostly stole the spotlight in this episode.

And it was cool to see Jamie Kennedy guest star. Now we got to see a little on how the Devil works. And him getting all "disappointed" at the end was a nice touch. Now i wanna see what mad looks like ;)

Also at the end when Cady told Andi the story was a really great part. Question now is, was she just telling a made up story to get Andi to back down, or was she telling the truth? And if she was, is she just psycho or was it actually a darker side to her? Because i can't remember if that we got any definitely answer on whether she actually is the Devils daughter or not. Only small hints and events that points in that direction.

Personally i want her to have told the truth, but that it's just her being a little psycho. Because i still want my theory, that Sam is actually the son of the Devil. That could explain why he seems to be nice in his own way to him and why he seems to treat Sam different. And it would explain why his father would rip out pages from his contract and burn it. So if i want my theory to work i don't see Cady as as his sister. Even if his immoral and evil i don't think he would want his own children to get together.

But i realize that it's a long shot and the most probable theory is that Cady is his daughter and Sam is just a poor sucker that got his soul sold before he was even conceived.

Munsu
Thu, 03-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I have to agree... great episode last week. Now I'm wondering about Cady myself. Looks like Sam is getting some powers now like they were shown in the first episode, since I doubt super strength had anything to do with the demon last week.

New episode tonight, hopefully a good one. Here's an interview with the devil in the meantime:
http://www.tvguide.com/news/ray-wise-reaper/080320-03

Assassin
Fri, 03-21-2008, 07:36 PM
so, the new neighbours are demons...the show is finally starting to pick up. this should be fun to watch. i wonder if they'll be all evil and psycho, or like friendly demons.

Inazuma
Sat, 03-22-2008, 10:15 PM
More like gay demons I think

Munsu
Sun, 03-23-2008, 04:06 PM
You guys think that just their cover, or are they actually gay? I think they really are gay... but who knows. And you guys think they'll be "good" demons, as in they work with Sam and shit kinda like the demon collector lady, or you guys think they'll make screw with their lifes? I don't know what to think at this point, I mean, so far they've treated them well so I don't see why that would change... if they wanted to cause harm, I would think they would've done so already somehow.

Who knows.

TwisT
Mon, 03-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I think they really are a demon gay couple! And i don't even think they know about Sam's situation. I wonder what will happen when they do find out. Will they have all sort of tips on how to hunt the souls? Will they be able to share everything with their new neighbors. It would be cool if they became friends. Sharing demon stories over the dinner table :)

Another thing i thought of. If we go with the Supernatural story where souls that end up in hell becomes demons. That could mean that they where humans at some point. And the bible say that homosexuality is a sin. That could mean that their love is what got them in to hell in the first place. That could be a pretty cool version. And that not even hell could keep them apart. But i do realize that this would not be PC. And this is the kind of show that is PC. Not many networks dare to go against what's PC.

Anyways this episode was truly awesome. I really hope they pick it up for another season. This was definitely one of my favorites. If i could chose 3 shows that started last fall i would pick this, Life and Moonlight. So let's all just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. Although i can't see this not getting picked up.

Kusanagi
Mon, 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't think Sam is the son of the Devil. I think that the contract pages that were ripped out had something to do with a loop-hole that would let Sam out of the contract. And it would probably be a "find true love" kind of thing.

But I do think that chick is his daughter.

TwisT
Tue, 03-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Well that wouldn't make any sense. Why would his father rip out and destroy the pages that tells him how to get out of the contract. And i would think the devil would know how to cover everything in his contract to make it foolproof.

His father tried to hide something. Something that was either bad for Sam or bad for himself. Or reviled something big ;)

Kusanagi
Tue, 03-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Bad for his father, if Sam gets out of the contract, then his parents must serve the penalty in hell.

That would be the logical reason his dad would rip out the pages, self preservation.

Archangel
Wed, 03-26-2008, 05:59 PM
I just watched the first episode and i got to say i really liked it. The show has great action with a touch of humour and the whole thing is just mt kind of show. Will keep watching and updating my opinion on in.

Munsu
Thu, 03-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm right on the conclusion of tonight's episode, and you guys need to watch this one as soon as you can... I think it has been the best episode to date.

Munsu
Wed, 04-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Series returned last night, 2 more episodes to go. Time to take down the Devil.

Episode 14:
http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=9b5aa4f4dee3a11ff9330ede874 3650cd7fef67e

Assassin
Wed, 04-23-2008, 05:15 PM
now that...was a sick episode. this show just jumped 4 points on the scale.

rockmanj
Wed, 04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
I agree! And now Sam's gotta worry about Tony; even though it wasn't his fault that massacre happened. Plus Josie was super-hot; And Sauk was funny as usual: "I already hooked her DVR up...twice".

Assassin
Thu, 04-24-2008, 01:28 PM
i wonder how much of what the devil said to him was true, about the fall and the ice cream and stuff? was he actually opening up or was he just saying that to play sam?

Munsu
Thu, 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
i wonder how much of what the devil said to him was true, about the fall and the ice cream and stuff? was he actually opening up or was he just saying that to play sam?
I'm pretty sure it was a combination of things. I think he really does care for Sam some and tries to be as honest with him as he can... case in point, Sam is the only one he talks to. The demons have made a point of this.

I think since they moved to the apartment the episodes have gotten quite good, with the various relationships and the demons being introduced.

Munsu
Thu, 05-01-2008, 02:08 AM
Just watched last week's episode, 15...

Another great episode. This time it deals with Andi finding out the truth about the boys. Ben getting married and then finding the girl of her dreams (Battlestar chick) was great too. I really liked the part when they put Andi in the trunk of the care, these guys are insanely ridiculous. Tony being still around is quite cool too.

Assassin
Thu, 05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Bret Harrison - star of Reaper- and his writing partner David Baldy are suggesting that you mail socks to the CW in attempt to convince them to renew the show for a second season.

Mail them (or a letter) to:

The CW

ATTN: Executive in charge of Reaper

411 North Hollywood Way

Burbank, California 91505

If you want to send new and clean socks, the duo suggests you obtain them here

Looks like the show's in trouble...i really hope the renew it, as its starting to get very good. I like how andi finally knows the secret, and it as great to see the devil threaten sam like that. The deal with the devil and the eventual betrayal are awesome too.

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Kinda wierd seeing writers and an actor of the series taking the inniciative of on something like this, so yeah it seems it's in trouble. It's been in trouble since pretty much the start of the season. Hopefully it'll get picked up, and if it isn't, that at the least it give us a great season finale.

Assassin
Sat, 05-03-2008, 12:37 PM
the last episode was the season finale? damn

Munsu
Sat, 05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
the last episode was the season finale? damn
What? There's supposed to be 3 more episodes.

rockmanj
Sun, 05-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Im 100% sure that there is a new ep. this week.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
bump...

Another quality episode, but I'm wondering exactly how many cars Sock has. We've seen him in the Caddy, An SUV, and last week a Pontiac. Sam has a hybrid, and Ben had like some old Chrysler. Maybe Sock's like secretly balling or something. On another note, Sam's growing a pair, finally. I think next week might be the season finale....really hope not the series one though; its a quality show!

Munsu
Wed, 05-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Na', I'm pretty sure there are two more episodes after this one.

Anyways, nice episode and the vessel was awesome and the effects it had were great... too bad he didn't really get to use it. Hopefully we'll see Dennis again at some point.

Assassin
Wed, 05-07-2008, 12:15 PM
ya i really want that guy to become a recurring character....it'd be kool to see the guys going to him for weapons when up against a particularly tough soul.

Also, i loved how sam stood up to the devil and gave him that 'get out of hell free' card....someone remind me, when did he get that again?

rockmanj
Wed, 05-07-2008, 05:50 PM
someone remind me, when did he get that again?

You know. I'm not sure. It's quite fuzzy.

Munsu
Thu, 05-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Wasn't it when Sam helped the Devil with his lover, the mother of Cady?

animus
Thu, 05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Hm I stopped watching this with the whole writer's strike hiatus, does anyone happen to remember what episode that was? Been meaning to pick this up again.

Munsu
Fri, 05-09-2008, 04:25 AM
The last was episode 10 on Deceber, so you'll probably want to start with 11.

animus
Fri, 05-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks, haven't been watching any TV series lately.

Munsu
Sat, 05-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Aliens in America cancelled, but seems like there's some good news for Reaper:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Cw-Cancels-Aliens/800039306

Assassin
Sat, 05-10-2008, 06:05 PM
glad to hear that...not too worried about aliens in america. i watched the first ep or two, and it was alrite, but nothing special.

Munsu
Sun, 05-11-2008, 09:13 AM
I thought the first episode sucked of Aliens in America, so I don't care for it. But good news indeed for Reaper, multiple sources are saying that there's a good chance it gets renewed.

Assassin
Wed, 05-14-2008, 12:45 AM
So its finally out there....sam is the devils son. can't say its a complete surprise, but i still like that they did it....it opens up lot of possibilities for sam to develop.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-14-2008, 01:28 AM
O.K. for a season finale...i thought Ben was going to jail for quite a while, not just 8 days. And what a bitch his 'ex-wife' was. Hopefully Sam develops cool devil powers and sticks it to her.

Munsu
Wed, 05-14-2008, 05:40 AM
Well, if you guys haven't heard already, the series has been renewed for a second season.

With that said, I'm still a bit skeptical about Sam being the Devil's son just because I can imagine a scenario where the Devil comes out laughing his ass off at the possibility. With that said, Sam fucking his sister is kinda messed up... it would've been funny if he had impregnated her.

Assassin
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM
did we ever get conformation that she was the devils daughter? or is it still just a strong possibility?

Munsu
Wed, 05-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Well, it was strongly hinted. At the very least she's not human.

animus
Wed, 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM
The glasses he put on never saw anything. So maybe those weird occurrences were all him after all?

rockmanj
Wed, 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Didn't the devil give him those glasses? Who is to say that they would've worked...and also about Cady she could always be something else; Sam too. Thats seems like it would be too convenient for Sam to be the spawn of Satan.

Assassin
Thu, 05-15-2008, 01:26 AM
yup i agree...maybe he's his half brother or something :p

rockmanj
Thu, 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Holy shit!! (no pun intended) I know you guys caught that! Sam's dad was buried alive for hours, and isn't dead? I'm saying it now...Sam is partially an angel of something...thats the only way this makes sense, unless the devil ain't really the devil.

animus
Thu, 05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Eh? Didn't someone say that 17 was the season finale?

rockmanj
Thu, 05-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought so, but apparently, i was wrong...not a bad thing, definitely!

Assassin
Fri, 05-23-2008, 11:57 PM
i dunno, the angel thing doesn't really work for me....im leaning towards sams dad actually being the son of the devil...but like some lame ass loser that the devil didn't want. The deal was probably to stay out of thier lives in exchange for giving him sam.

Munsu
Sat, 05-24-2008, 02:02 AM
I'd buy that... but I don't think that's the case. He's surely some sort of demon, but why no horns? Since he has no horns, then it plays into being the son of the devil perfectly too. I think they need to solve this parternity thing early next season, we can't keep beating around the bush too long.

tigerleon
Sat, 05-24-2008, 06:41 AM
i remember a few eps back.. that the devil got it on with an angel..??
correct me if im wrong.. please. cause i think im wrong.
i see it this way.
sam is the son of the devil.
sams girlfriend... being demonic in breaking the glass and snoring like a ....*you fill it in*

:D thats what i think.!

Assassin
Sun, 05-25-2008, 12:34 AM
im not sure what you're referring to....we've never seen the devil fight or anything of the sort.

tigerleon
Fri, 05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
no no 'got it on....' as in met an angel of some sort and got.. it... on.....
lol nevermind =.=

Munsu
Wed, 12-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Good news is that the show is returning, bad news is that it starts on March freaking 17 with only 13 episodes:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/12/scoop-reaper-re.html

rockmanj
Fri, 12-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Why so short? Its one of the few quality shows out there!

sl00ke
Wed, 03-04-2009, 05:39 AM
apparently reaper is on s2 now or something! and its kicking ass! i love the fact that now Sam knows he is the son of the devil, first ep was cool! and i bet its gonna get even better!

Penner
Wed, 03-04-2009, 09:45 AM
fuck yeah! man i missed this show, its even more hilarious than i remembered, this is going to be awesome ;D

And Sock's sister...so hot its redonkulous, and they're not really related so game on!

But odds are it will totally blow back in his face, u just know it :D

Munsu
Tue, 03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Finally watched last week's premiere episode, and it was great. Sock and his sis were hilarious. Looking forward to the rest of it.

"Shut your mouth, that is my sister and I have dibs."

rockmanj
Wed, 03-11-2009, 01:40 AM
I still don't know why this isn't a full season show. Its like 200% better than 90210. The thing between Sock and his sister is pretty funny, but the Benji/Demon girl thing is kind of creepy. And I hope we find out whats up with Sam's other dad.

Penner
Fri, 03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
C'mon who wouldnt want to hook up with a hot demon chick? ^^
Sure she might go crazy and try to eat you or whatnot but that adds to the excitement!

Munsu
Sat, 03-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I want me some hot demon chick. But as my complain early on with Supernatural, when the fuck are they going to have Sam use some demon powers? Hmm, that line works for both shows.

Penner
Sat, 03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Hah it does indeed ;D

rockmanj
Wed, 03-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I'm suprised that they can keep up the quality. Even with the 2 subplots, it still turned out really solid. Good physical humour, the jokes were pretty funny (only thing missing was Sock's sister).

Penner
Wed, 03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Yeah, god Sock is so hilarious, my stomach hurt from laughing when he got the news his alter ego died :P

Munsu
Fri, 03-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Last episode was hilarious. Can't remember the jokes now, but I enjoyed Sock and Andy situation with the fake employer.

What do you guys think of the demon, is she really trying to kill Sam or not? I don't think she is personally.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Yea, I don't think so either; although I have no idea A.) how she got a car and B.) why she was driving (you know, since she lives in a barn, and can fly). Also, I had no idea that the chick playing Sock's sister is pushing 40! Damn, those East Asians age well (Edit: I can kind of see it, but still..). Also no one wonders about !Ben and this demon getting it on? I mean, its really weird? I know she shape shifts, but I would think that demons can take any shape they want.

Assassin
Tue, 03-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Is it just me or does it seems like the demon gf angle (just like with sock's sister) was added to get more viewers. If i recall, they powers that be weren't sure if the show was coming back, and when it does you suddenly have a drastic change the in the story telling and a hot asian chick waving her ass at the camera.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Yea, it does. Too bad they got rid of those other demons. They were pretty funny and interesting.

Munsu
Wed, 03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Last night's episode was a good one... we got introduced to another of the Devil's sons. We also see the return of Ted, and zombies at the end.

Penner
Thu, 03-26-2009, 02:20 AM
Yup, good ep, and the hilarity continues when the guys get chased into the bathtub by gold beetles and socks sister finds them ^^

rockmanj
Tue, 03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
I really thought Sock was gonna ask for a bj at the end. Good to see Tony back again.

Penner
Fri, 04-03-2009, 07:33 AM
damn it can't be easy to be Sock right now ... that shit is torture lol

Aye Tony is nice to have back, and Zombie-dad is quite funny tbh :P

Also, Sam's half-brother is a massive douche lol

Munsu
Tue, 04-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah, funny episode... chemical castration, the sound of it hurts me. I laughed my ass off at the racketball scene in the end.

Munsu
Fri, 04-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Hmm, Sock's the man, "Excuse me, I think you're standing on my penis."

Andy and Sam broke up, and Nina kissed Sam... Sock's parents are also back, so I wonder how they'll handle the gang. Possibly they'll have to find a new home, though it's wierd considering that they just gave Sam's dad a home there.

Penner
Fri, 04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Wonder how Socks parents will react if (when) they find out he nailed his sister ;D

Penner
Wed, 04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Great as usual, Socks awesomeness never fades!

rockmanj
Wed, 04-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow a lot of revelations. Ben is basically an idiot, Sam might get free (doing what I suppose?) And Sam might get some more Andi action. How many episodes are there this season?

Munsu
Wed, 04-22-2009, 07:16 PM
13 episodes, 5 more to go.

Good episode, with the competition. Ben is an idiot, and the funeral scenes were great.

Penner
Wed, 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
So.. Sam's brother got eaten by the Path of Steve cult, and is now getting tortured in hell screaming Sam's name.... you just know he would get out and go hunting for Sam, but from what ive read this show is pretty much cancelled already so that sucks, sucks hard!

Also, Benji is in really good shape, quite impressive.

Munsu
Fri, 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Reaper seems to have a bit of chance in getting renewed, but through syndication:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/14/might-syndication-hold-out-hope-for-reaper-fans/18642

Interesting that Sock's actor is already planning for a new show... we'll see if anything happens.

Munsu
Sat, 05-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Still some hope for Reaper:
http://nickctv.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/reaper-fans-email-spike-tv/

Anyways, any of you guys finished the season? I'm planning on doing it this weekend.

Penner
Sat, 05-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Just finished the final ep like 3 hours ago, and yeah it was good and all, kinda underwhelming ending if it doesnt get picked up for a 3rd run...

Best part by far was Sock trippin balls from toad venom, god i laughed so hard, i'll miss his crazy antics if it gets canned :P

Munsu
Sun, 09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Well, I finally decided to finish up the series. I had 4 episodes left. This really was a fun show and I still miss it.

Anyways, I saw this article where the creator of the show answers some lingering questions from the show and talks a bit of how the show would have gone and ended:
http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2010/02/01/how-reaper-would-have-ended-straight-from-the-creators/

Most of it is on page 2.