PDA

View Full Version : Game: Ys

LaZie
Sat, 07-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Pronounced like "eees", is a hack n slash RPG game made by Falcom. All their games come with awesome upbeat soundtracks. I guess you could say similar to the Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile series, but I like these more :p

Their most recent english release was on the PS2 and PSP called Ys: Ark of Napishtim.
http://ps2.ign.com/objects/627/627090.html

Im currently playing their most recent release for the PC called Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Its only available in Japan, but there is a english translation patch already out. It's really fun to play if you're into these hack n slash RPGs.

Heres a gameplay video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4YlFiR61RM) of Ys: Oath in Felghana

Heres a torrent (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3685136/Ys_The_Oath_in_Felghana_PCDVD_ENGLISH-GROMiT.3685136.TPB.torrent) to Ys: Oath in Felghana with the english patch.

And instructions

1 - Mount or Burn to DVD
2 - Install
3 - Install Game patch from YSF_1203_VE_UPDATE_PATCH Dir on DVD
4 - Install English Language patch form YSF_ENGLISH_PATCH Dir on DVD
5 - Config graphics and play the game!

If you guys are also interested in playing Ys: The Ark of Napishtim for the PC, note its in Japanese. Heres the link
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim (Japan) (http://www.mininova.org/get/508772)
It's pretty slow right now as there are like only 2 seeds. I'll be sure to seed when and if I ever get done.

And heres the link to the English Menu Patch and the other patch to make the game work. BTW you need AppLocale to make Ys: The Ark of Napishtim work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/43601071/Ys6_US_Patch.rar.html

GhostKaGe
Sat, 07-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Ys rocks love these games though the the bat Boss from the first always annoys the hell out of me.

Ys I: Vanished Omen
Ys II: Vanished The Finale Chapter
Ys III: Wanderers From Ys
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys (this version of 4 is better in my opinion)
Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (this version of 4 is the "official" Storyline though the basic story is the same)
Ys V: Kefin, The Lost City of Sand
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim
Ys: The Oath In Felghana (is actually a remake of Ys: III)
Ys: Origin (prequel)
Ys: Strategy (Sucks)

As far as i know I, II, IV (either of them) and V have never had an official English release.

I've played all of them except V and Origin as I've never been able to find a translation and i don't want to play it unless i know whats going on.

Lucifus
Sat, 07-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Currently downloading the PSP and PC version. I've been waiting for a decent Hack N Slash. Never heards of Ys. Hopefully it'll turn out fun.:cool:

Thanks for the link. Also, where can I get the english trans patch?

Turkish-S
Sat, 07-14-2007, 08:46 AM
3 - Install Game patch from YSF_1203_VE_UPDATE_PATCH Dir on DVD
4 - Install English Language patch form YSF_ENGLISH_PATCH Dir on DVD

Just search the dvd you mounted or burned.

darkshadow
Sat, 07-14-2007, 10:41 AM
looks like a ton of fun, i'll try this out.

LaZie
Sat, 07-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Im currently playing Ys: The Oath in Felghana. I just got it a couple days ago. Its so much more fun to play with a gamepad but of course its not necessary :p

And these hack n slash RPGs won't disappoint. Hopefully anyways.

NM
Sat, 07-14-2007, 03:01 PM
That gameplay video looked pretty cool. I'm downloading this right now, will comment on it later.

Lucifus
Sun, 07-15-2007, 02:30 AM
This game is really pretty sweet. The animation is fluid and the arts top notch. Havn't tried the psp version yet but the PC ones definatly gonna hold my time for the next few days.

Excellent game. :cool: I really like the game play, it doesn't get boring as I expected it to. Really nice find LaZie. Much thanks for sharing.

LaZie
Sun, 07-15-2007, 03:39 AM
I was bored so I uploaded video footage of a boss battle on youtube. I know I got hit a lot but I didn't want to bother dodging EVERYTHING. And im glad you're enjoying it Lucifus :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4gYqZ4fQUw

Foomanchew24
Sun, 07-15-2007, 11:14 AM
anyone mind seeding this im stuck at 75% =( heres the torrent to upload, any help would be appreciated.

http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/1274994/Ys_The_Oath_in_Felghana_PCDVD_ENGLISH_GROMiT

Lucifus
Sun, 07-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Sure I'll seed. Starting er now.

Got two peers leeching off o me at the moment.

cpe-76-174-9-122.socal.res.rr.com
71--35-227-180.slkc.qwest.net

Wow, in an impressive feat my uTorrent shows my computer in the peers list downloading from myself.....and i've already downloaded the entire file...

Foomanchew24
Sun, 07-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks for seeding got some nice speed and it finished 20 minutes later. Fun game by the way.

NM
Sun, 07-15-2007, 10:38 PM
This game is pretty awesome, much thanks for telling us about it LaZie! This is gonna keep me busy for awhile. :D

And the soundtrack to this game is just great, I'm loving every single song I've heard in it (favorite being the Tigray Quarry so far). Any chance someone knows of a torrent for it?

LaZie
Mon, 07-16-2007, 01:34 AM
No problem guys. I just wanted to have some people to discuss this game with so I decided to share with you guys :p

@NM: The only way to get a soundtrack without buying the official game is located in the YSF_WIN\Release\Music directory. It has all the music in the game located in that folder.

Idealistic
Mon, 07-16-2007, 01:50 AM
I didn't know they had Ys for PC. I thought it was just PS2. I gave my PS2 to my bro so I can't play any PS2 games. Always wanted to play these types of hack and slash games. (Not shining series, those sucked.)

downloading now... Thanks!

darkshadow
Tue, 07-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I have to thank you again man, i've haven't had some sort of a challenge since ninja gaiden, this game is pretty awesome, atm i just beat the fire dragon thing and got the emerald for the wind stuff...

LaZie
Tue, 07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
I just managed to finish the game on normal today and unlocked time attack. We should get some time attack scores up soon :p

I'm gonna try and get some other Ys game on my pc :)

And I added some info on how to get Ys: The Ark of Napishtim in my 1st post.

Idealistic
Wed, 07-18-2007, 12:22 AM
I just managed to finish the game on normal today and unlocked time attack. We should get some time attack scores up soon :p

I'm gonna try and get some other Ys game on my pc :)

And I added some info on how to get Ys: The Ark of Napishtim in my 1st post.

Cool.. Is there an english patch for Ark of Napishtim? I'm not big on things I don't understand. Unless it's a fighting game, since those are pretty self-explanatory.

LaZie
Wed, 07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Sadly there isn't one out. It might be in production though. Of course I played the english version on the PS2 so I basically know everything already.

Lucifus
Wed, 07-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Just finished the game. And it was damn enjoyable. A good few hours of gameplay. Recommend it to anyone who likes RPGs/Hack n Slash. Now, where can I find another game to waste away on. Again, thanks for sharing LaZie. =P

LaZie
Thu, 07-19-2007, 01:54 AM
You can try out Ys: The Ark of Napishtim I just posted up. Of course the PC version doesn't have an english patch if you don't really care for the story. Also there is Ys: Origins and its in the same boat as the other one. No english patch as of yet.

As for me. Im replaying Oath in Felghana on Hard and just started on Ark of Napishtim and Origins :p

Ketsu
Mon, 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM
ooooh , awesome I always wondered how and what for game it was , and I never could find the english version of it , so thanks for sharing bud! I'm definitely going to give it a try :P

Lucifus
Mon, 07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I Just started playing the PSP version of the game. The ark of Napishtim. And I gotta say its damn fun. I'm loving this series.:D

Ketsu
Tue, 07-31-2007, 09:32 AM
to bad almost nobody is seeding or leeching this torrent , it has a very slow download rate :(

Lucifus
Tue, 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
I started seeding a few hours ago for ya mate. Get it while its hot.:cool:

Ketsu
Tue, 07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
sweet , thanks a bunch! :P

LaZie
Tue, 07-31-2007, 11:28 PM
I would seed if I still had the original :p

Lucifus
Wed, 08-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Let me know when your done eh? My modem becomes a nice pile of technological gayness whenever I upload.

Ketsu
Wed, 08-01-2007, 03:22 AM
alright , Mine's done downloading , thanks again :P

Ketsu
Thu, 08-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Hey I have a question , how do you defeat the fire dragon in the lava , my health is already drained because I had to run to the wind ring in the lave , and the boss area is also in lava which will drain my life just as fast.

Lucifus
Thu, 08-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Uh..dude, your gonna have to go back a save. You need to go deeper into the zone if I remember correctly and get a fire amulet or ring from a chest that will make you immune to fire. Zomg! I am Firelord! Uh....I think theres this gap in a bridge? Drop down there and continue on the path. I can't remember for certain, just explore the zone a little more throughly.

Ketsu
Thu, 08-02-2007, 03:55 AM
ooooh okay , haha okay thanks . I thought I already explored the whole place ;p

LaZie
Thu, 08-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Drop down into the pit and jump around to reach a treasure chest with the Firefly amulet. I think thats what it's called.

crighton
Sat, 09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Hay guys, found this thread a little while back, Being another huge fan of Y's I know have enjoyed YsI & YsII eternal and YsIV oath of falghana. Currently playing The Ark of Nepishtim now, but my problem is, I'm trying to finish Ys Origin, but the only torrent i have is not complete, If any 1 still has YS_Origin_CD_Japanese_REPACK-NETSHOW_[VerGomu] could you please share it, theres about 5-7 of us at 95.8%.

We would really appreaciate it and would continue to seed for others.
Thanks in advance
Crighton
:)