PDA

View Full Version : Retirement at 24!

KitKat
Mon, 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Hello friends at Gotwoot,

This is just a post to let you know that I've officially retired from staff here at gotwoot. I'm finding myself spending less time around the forums, and just don't really have the enthusiasm for modding this crazy disfunctional community that I once did. I'll leave that to the younger crazier types. While it's lasted, it's been a blast though. I was really honoured to get that first pm from Ciber reading, "Want to be a mod?" to which I replied, "I don't think I'm mean enough to be a mod...." and he countered, "You don't have to be mean." Thus began a long and interesting era, and I've come to consider many of you good friends. Though I'm retiring, I won't be leaving gotwoot. I'll still be around for discussing anime with all of you, and let's not forget my beloved knitting thread!

And many thanks to complich8 for a beautiful new custom title which I do not quite feel myself to be deserving of, but nevertheless I very much appreciate.

See you around, gotwooters.

Assertn
Mon, 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Whaaaat? We never agreed to this! >:|

Edit: Guess it's time for a new mod. I'm nominating either Animeniax or Mizuchi.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Too bad. We've lost a good man...err...woman.

Time to mod me up, comp.

complich8
Mon, 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Edit: Guess it's time for a new mod. I'm nominating either Animeniax or Mizuchi.

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA! You crack me up, Assertn...

Time to mod me up, comp.

... no.

Anyway, I should take this opportunity to say that we're all sad to see KitKat step down. Her consistent, rational influence has served many times to temper the behavior of the other mods and a lot of users. As we continue our slow collective descent into madness, that influence will be missed.

Despite your modesty (or maybe in part because of it?), you've done a lot for this place over the last couple of years, KitKat. Thanks for it all.

Carnage
Mon, 07-09-2007, 08:07 PM
KitKat is 24? Holy shit.....

saman
Mon, 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM
awww. well, i'm glad you're still staying, kitkat! because it would be sad if you weren't.

Spiegel
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:16 PM
[21:13] <Spiegel> WHAT??!!??!?!

WHAT??!!??!?!

I think I am going to cry...

Yukimura
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Sorry to see you step down, but at least we know you'll still check in on us from time to time. Since I'm not allowed to speculate about the inner workings of the staff I can't actually say that you'll be missed as part of the staff, but I'll miss knowing you were one of the people deciding how things would run around here.

As to this replacement nonsense no one could ever replace Kitkat's kindness and patience!

complich8
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:23 PM
As to this replacement nonsense no one could ever replace Kitkat's kindness and patience!
exactly...

Munsu
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
And here I was thinking that I was entering a thread with tips on how to make a shitload of money really quick and be set for life.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Time to mod me up, comp.

... no.

I thought we were friends -___-

And here I was thinking that I was entering a thread with tips on how to make a shitload of money really quick and be set for life.
I thought Assertn knocked up some celebrity in Hollywood.

Lucifus
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:01 PM
I totally second the notion of Animeniax or Mizuchi for mod. Holy effing christ once I read that Assert'n, I was cracking up. Wow, that was a good laugh.

Let them suffer the responsibility of Moderation KitKat, responsibility blows, now enjoy browsing GotWoot without it KK.

:cool:

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Animeniax w/ mod powers = a mild Mutata

Mizuchi w/ mod powers = Kagari (i.e. useless)

BoC w/ mod powers = Chinese Judge Mathis

NM
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Her consistent, rational influence has served many times to temper the behavior of the other mods and a lot of users. As we continue our slow collective descent into madness, that influence will be missed.

Despite your modesty (or maybe in part because of it?), you've done a lot for this place over the last couple of years, KitKat. Thanks for it all.

Indeed, I couldn't have said it any better myself. KitKat has done a fantastic job with the moderator business and I'm sad to see her stepping down. But if thats what she wants, I'm not going to complain. Even if you aren't a mod, your always going to be one of GW's best members Kat! I'm sure I speak for all of us mods when I say that it was great to have you on the team. :D

The day I die is when either of those two...no...that probably will never happen. :)

DB_Hunter
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:25 PM
True say, I thought you left lab after making loads of money.

Well at least you around still, which is good. Would be good if you could still be a 'wandering' mod... its better to have wandering mod who is good than a prat who is bad but always there imo.

ChaosK
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I was expecting a news story or something about how someone struck it rich which made me leap at this thread enthusiastically...after reading it though...I'm not as thrilled.

You'll be missed Kitkat.

anime050
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Oh hi, I just happened to stroll by. You pretty much have to give me mod powers now, comp.

SK
Mon, 07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow sad day for GotWoot you were such a great, intelligent mod and will be missed.

mage
Mon, 07-09-2007, 11:15 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=308503&postcount=104

That's the only moderating I've ever seen KitKat do, and it fucking annoyed me.

Spiegel
Mon, 07-09-2007, 11:42 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=308503&postcount=104

That's the only moderating I've ever seen KitKat do, and it fucking annoyed me.

Boohoo? and I know I have seen plenty of threads KitKat has moderated.

Deadfire
Mon, 07-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Kitkat will still be around, but yes she did so much being a mod. Infact if it wasn't her going on vacation I would have never been a mod myself. Her direct manner of dealing with the people and issues that we other mods could not deal or agree with, made our days happier.

Long live the kitty!

I should note this with Kitkats resigning that I myself will be also giving up my Forum powers in August, noting that I will not be on much to really do much good.

Not that anyone will care but may as say it

Terracosmo
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Hello friends at Gotwoot,

This is just a post to let you know that I've officially retired from staff here at gotwoot. I'm finding myself spending less time around the forums, and just don't really have the enthusiasm for modding this crazy disfunctional community that I once did. I'll leave that to the younger crazier types. While it's lasted, it's been a blast though. I was really honoured to get that first pm from Ciber reading, "Want to be a mod?" to which I replied, "I don't think I'm mean enough to be a mod...." and he countered, "You don't have to be mean." Thus began a long and interesting era, and I've come to consider many of you good friends. Though I'm retiring, I won't be leaving gotwoot. I'll still be around for discussing anime with all of you, and let's not forget my beloved knitting thread!

And many thanks to complich8 for a beautiful new custom title which I do not quite feel myself to be deserving of, but nevertheless I very much appreciate.

See you around, gotwooters.

Well it's not exactly full-time work...

unless you're as hardworking as me of course!

But yeah, good luck and all. Although I doubt you'll disappear completely...?

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Pass on the torch, DF.

Be a man. Do the right thing.

Deadfire
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:11 AM
Pass on the torch, DF.

Be a man. Do the right thing.

We have too many Mods already.

Besides you are hardly a person that can mod, hell you can't even be humble enough to just drop it.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Look at Spiderman. With great power comes great responsibility. Make BoC a mod and watch him flourish. If he becomes more egomaniacal, he'd fit in with the current group just fine.

I also thought this was a get-rich-quick scheme, or that Kitkat had won the lottery. I don't have much experience dealing with you, but you seemed level-headed and fair the one or two times you told me to knock it off. Thanks.

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 01:13 AM
We have too many Mods already.

Besides you are hardly a person that can mod, hell you can't even be humble enough to just drop it.
Did you know that Dennis Rodman was a janitor and never touched a basketball until high school before he became a legend?

And they say white men can't jump. Quite ironic that every ski jumper is Caucassian.

el_boss
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Can I have the job if I start knitting and baking :P

hehe

Sorry to see you go KitKat. I'm still intigued by the fact that you have missing limbs. Or was that just a myth :/

Kraco
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Oh. This news wasn't one I was expecting, but I have to say it makes sense. KitKat never struck me as a person who would be willing to be in a position of responsibility and authority if she wasn't able to fully concentrate on it.

Needless to say, your input into the modding of the forums will be missed, but judging from the posts of the other mods, it looks like you left a positive impression and legacy that will not soon fade and so your wise ways will continue to affect the decisions and policy of the staff members left behind also in the future.

Psyke
Tue, 07-10-2007, 09:02 AM

The exact same thing was going through my mind. :o

Sad to hear that you won't be around much from now KitKat, but do check back once in a while ya? :)

Ryllharu
Tue, 07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
If she's not really leaving, then am I supposed to be sad?

We'll miss your gentle moderating ways of baking cookies and withholding them as threats.

Now that KitKat's not moderating moderators with a rational presence, I'm sure a new dark age will befall gotwoot.

(as a side note, now that you're not spending time moderating, you need to bake more cookies)

KitKat
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone! Yes, I will be around here still, so don't worry about me disappearing. I'm hoping to focus more on other things, such as getting back into photoshop, doing more knitting, and catching up on a few more anime series rather than worrying about the inner workings of gotwoot. I'll leave that to the pros already there, and whichever of you successfully climbs up to modship in the future.

el_boss, it's not just a myth. And appendage would probably be a better word than limb. I have a picture in my knitting thread :P

Spiegel
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
...el_boss, it's not just a myth. And appendage would probably be a better word than limb. I have a picture in my knitting thread :P

O.O
I didn't even notice the first time I looked at that picture... interesting...

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I prefer the word "limb" because penis falls under the appendage category and that's just awkward.

complich8
Tue, 07-10-2007, 12:43 PM
digit, then

fingers aren't limbs. arms and legs are limbs.

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Fingers are just fingers. Anything else sounds very wrong.

Animeniax
Tue, 07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
You're not missing a thumb are you KitKat? That's really all that separates us from the animals.

I'd like to second my nomination for the mod job. It could just be a trial run. I think I would surprise you all with my fairness and tenacity. Vote Animeniax.

Alternatively, can we vote for the next mod? Then you pick the guy with the least amount of votes (probably me), because he will do the best job of keeping these jackals in line.

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM
I thought you were campaigning for me...

Deadfire
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
We don't need another mod.

"Those who do not follow, are doomed to lead" May be true, but I'd rather not have to watch the forum and new mods

Besides Animeniax and BoC we wouldn't want you too see all those things we say about you behind your back.

Assassin
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Tis a sad day indeed when Kitkat leaves the staff and forever deprives us of her level headed judgement and cookie baking powers. And we never even got her to build us an ube3r 1337 moderation laser! :(

Im glad that you'll still be around though Kitkat. It would be total chaos if you left for good. You will be dearly missed in the mod lounge.

Board of Command
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:22 PM
We don't need another mod.

"Those who do not follow, are doomed to lead" May be true, but I'd rather not have to watch the forum and new mods

Besides Animeniax and BoC we wouldn't want you too see all those things we say about you behind your back.
LAWL

Let's not turn this into a soap opera now. No such thing as dramatic irony on the internet.

Jadugar
Tue, 07-10-2007, 03:56 PM
I agree with DeadFire that we dont need another mod but some of the current zombie moderators need to wake up from their state of coma.

Also we have to have a female prospectus in the moderating area or else gotwoot could be accused to being sexist....wait we still have Terra.. so its ok.

dragonrage
Tue, 07-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Good luck KitKat, I wish you well. I hope whatever you do brings you joy.

Thanks for all your hard work and time. It is much appreciated. It's a sad day indeed, but with each end there is always a new beginning.

Whatever happens you will forever be a gotwoot staff member and someone who is respected and opinions are highly valued to me.

Enjoy, your free time and thank you once again for sparing some of it on us.

XanBcoo
Tue, 07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Heh, I feel sorry for the rest of the staff. Seems like they're really losing a good Mod. Still good that you'll remain just as active in the forums though.

And I also hope that any future Mod will be someone nobody suspected. That'd make things interesting, at the very least.

complich8
Tue, 07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
maybe we'll bring back a ninja-mod :p

Animeniax
Tue, 07-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I thought you were campaigning for me...Sorry man, but it's not looking good for you. If they make me a mod, I'll be your puppet and campaign tirelessly to make you a mod.

And I also hope that any future Mod will be someone nobody suspected. That'd make things interesting, at the very least.Sounds like I've got Xan's vote. And he be coo, so let's do what he say.