PDA

View Full Version : Message from a friend...

itadakimasu
Sat, 07-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Ok, i turned a friend/previous boss onto naruto last year and had also tried to get him to watch bleach, but he didn't ever give it a chance. For his bday last year i gave him at least eps 1-51... but i dont think he watched them.... and today he texts me:

incoming text : OK.. Bleach is fricken awesome!

reply text : yep, it owns. How far are you?

incoming text : 57, didnt start watching until yesterday!!

HAHAHAHAHA now that... is commitment, 57 eps in just a day or so... thats redonculous. but yes, bleach does own.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM
That's a pretty cool story. I told my buddy I'm eternally grateful because he gave me Naruto 1-120 and Bleach 1-60 about a year and half ago, after which I started watching anime again, then J-dramas, and now I've visited Japan twice on vacation. Plus I've been a member of gotwoot forums since that time. All because of my buddy.

TruthofMistake
Fri, 07-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I watched Naruto like that and probably would have done the same with Bleach if I hadn't started watching it early on. Some of us have nothing better to do with ourselves.

Board of Command
Thu, 07-19-2007, 12:37 AM
A friend got me started on Naruto when it was at ep 70, which ultimately lead to my descent into the otaku world. Unlike you guys, I had to download all the episodes myself.

Bastard.

Kensee
Thu, 07-26-2007, 06:28 AM
Ok, i turned a friend/previous boss onto naruto last year and had also tried to get him to watch bleach, but he didn't ever give it a chance. For his bday last year i gave him at least eps 1-51... but i dont think he watched them.... and today he texts me:

incoming text : OK.. Bleach is fricken awesome!

reply text : yep, it owns. How far are you?

incoming text : 57, didnt start watching until yesterday!!

HAHAHAHAHA now that... is commitment, 57 eps in just a day or so... thats redonculous. but yes, bleach does own.

So in a little over a day your freind watches 23 and a half hours of anime?

Tell him to sleep.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Plus I've been a member of gotwoot forums since that time. All because of my buddy.I hate your buddy...

Carnage
Fri, 07-27-2007, 09:01 AM
. Plus I've been a member of gotwoot forums since that time. All because of my buddy.

And who might this buddy be?

*Carnage stands outside with an angry mob.

:p

Animeniax
Fri, 07-27-2007, 12:19 PM
I've shown him this forum a few times, mostly just to get ideas for new anime to watch, but he hasn't joined yet. He doesn't know my username here either, and I'm not going to tell him. Also one of the reasons why I won't post my picture, in case he does join :o .

Kraco
Fri, 07-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, if he happens to see this thread, he'll probably deduce who you are. Of course if he doesn't lurk much, chances are he won't ever have a look.

XanBcoo
Mon, 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Isn't there some sort of acknowledgment you get for getting people to join Gotwoot? It's like, "referrals" or something.

Like most of you, I was introduced to Naruto through a friend of mine (who also told me about Gotwoot, though he never visited the forums), but that was not my first experience with anime. I think it was on episode 30-something when I started watching.

Good times.

itadakimasu
Mon, 07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
i got introduced to anime via toonami when it was midnight run.... if that ever happened, gundam wing and dbz.... and outlaw star ^^ and then i came across naruto on irc and was deprived of watching the anime because i had dial up so i read the manga to chapter 250 or so... bleach on the other hand, i think somebody told me i HAD to see it and so i did.

thinking back on spending hours downloading 3.5-5mb manga chapters on a dial up connection makes me feel so evolved now
:)

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-01-2007, 06:06 AM
What, 23 hours of anime in a little over a day isnt the normal dose? It seems I have been a tad over-watching then.

Assertn
Fri, 08-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Bitches......when I started watching Naruto, there were only like......12 eps out. Then it was 1 ep a week from that point on T_T

(actually, same goes for anyone who had a join date of July 03)

Carnage
Fri, 08-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Old school....episode 8 ;) .

Though back then I was watching T-W fansubs.

But yea 23 hours of anime in little over a day is insane.

Uberbaka
Sat, 08-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Bitches......when I started watching Naruto, there were only like......12 eps out. Then it was 1 ep a week from that point on T_T

(actually, same goes for anyone who had a join date of July 03)

Amen to that.

Konohamaru
Fri, 08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
In Naruto I started pretty much when the Rock Vs Lee fight was going on. For bleach, I watched it but didn't get over that boring hurdle of about 10 eps or so. I gave up after about 5, lol. Then when my friend is like, "you gotta see these captains in soul society!!!" I was all, Captains?...soul society?!...all I saw was ghost busters with swords and a talking stuffed animal!"

Kraco
Fri, 08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I got the first 30 eps of both Bleach and Naruto from a friend. I think Naruto was back then already running over 100 eps, and Bleach was deeply in the SS arc. So, I had lots of downloading and long nights marathon watching them both until I hit the latest ep. When I registered here, Naruto was already in fillers.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-14-2007, 04:27 AM
I was introduced to Naruto from a Rogue-class Everquest message board. :p

When I ran out of new episodes to watch, it was right after Naruto vs. Neji.

I learned about Bleach from here. When I started watching they were just entering Soul Society.

Lessee....I started watching One Piece when K-F was at the beginning of the Arabasta arc.

No other really long series that I've started watching in the middle. I either start watching right away now, or I wait till the series is over and watch the whole thing.

Idealistic
Wed, 08-15-2007, 02:45 AM
I learned about Naruto from a friend of mine... Always wanted to watch it but I didn't know where to DL it. A year or so later, my cousin bought the first season DVD and gave it to me to watch. I was hooked, I watched it all night till morning.

So I decided to go look for more episodes online and I didn't know wtf torrents were and so I took the time to find out and then I figured out how to dl. Naruto had just finished and started fillers when I downloaded all of the episodes. Soooooo for the next week I watched 130+ episodes of Naruto.

I heard Bleach was reallly good too so after that I decided to dl Bleach. What I didn't know was that Bleach actually sucked.

Assertn
Fri, 08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Well as far as Bleach and One Piece go....

I started Bleach at ep 1....still haven't picked up back up since the first filler stretch though...
Started OP when KF released a batch of eps 1-10.

Ah the good ole' days.