PDA

View Full Version : Bans

Animeniax
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
With my last temp ban, it said that my next offense would result in a permanent ban. I was at 90% warning level at the time. Now I'm at 60% warning, and I will be at 0% warning on 8/11/07. Does the "next ban will be permanent" still apply, even if I'm at 0% warning?

Arcn3ss
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes it applies. Next Ban is Perma. Alot of people hate you so I can see that happening. Even if the mods say otherwise i know how they work. They are just waiting to off you.

Look what happened on IRC.

<masamuneehs> I am going to butter his banana bread then perma ban him.
<NM> Ya we are so banning him
<Kitkat> Ya i have to agree, and i love Haku.
<Deadfire> He's no saber fan, so i agree.
<Raven> Iam not here ever, but I agree.
<Assertn> Lets skip the ban, lets just string him up.
<masamuneehs> Lets OFF him, i get the body tho when its finished.
<Deadfire> Of course
<NM> YES!
<Kitkat> ok.
<Raven> YA!

<Arcness> How dare you guys! Dont you have respect for human life! Dont plot against him! Have you guys No mercy. Remember Love, not hate. I love the forums, especially those pure forum goers, who really needs irc anyways.

Carnage
Fri, 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
*Carnage wonders what dirty things Masa will be doing to the body....ugh :eek:

Kraco
Fri, 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM
He's going to stuff the carcass with tomatoes, fry it in olive oil, add salt and some basil and oregano, and then some chili just to be hip.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Hey thanks for cluttering up my help request with your nonsense. Let's see how you like it when I do the same to your threads.

Arcness, you're not even a jounin, you can't ban me.

Can someone with some authority answer my question?

Arcn3ss
Fri, 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
lol I can only ban you from IRC. But If i tried hard enough iam sure I could arrange something for you.

Munsu
Fri, 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Warning levels really don't matter that much. We actually look more at the warning logs and see how many times you have been warned, etc.

I don't know about the next warning resulting in you being permanent banned, but you should expect it to be. Plenty of mods want to see you gone (I myself don't) so don't give them an excuse, nor force me, to ban you if you actually want to stick around. And don't expect the mage treatment.

To tell you the truth, you should've been permanent banned already, but we've been cutting you some slack.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Well I've stopped double posting and doing some of the other things I've been warned for in the past. My last ban for racism was bs and just payback from some insecure weenie of a mod.

So I have cleaned it up a little, at least as far as forum rules go. If some mods just don't like my alternative viewpoints, that's another issue. Also, I can't help flying off the handle when some mod makes up rules or has some nonsensical interpretation of the rules just to spite me.

What do you mean by the "mage treatment"?

Munsu
Fri, 07-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Well the double posting and all those minor things wont get you banned... it's the constant flamming and disrespect of the other members, especially the mods, so that's what you need to be careful of.

About the mage treatment, is that you won't get "Animeniax2".

Yukimura
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Wasn't allowing mage a second account an admin level decision?

Anyway since when did lack of respect become grounds for banishment? It's not in the rules and it doesn't seem realistic to claim that "Respecting others is universally expected everywhere and doesn't need to be in the rules" since in some places you have to actually earn respect before you can be disrespected. I think Animeniax generally acts against the grain of the majority of the people here, but I don't pay enough attention to him to know if he's broken any of the rules recently. However, if he wre banned for good I'd miss the effects his brick wall of stubbornness solicits. It's interesting to see what people will bounce off of it.

Kraco
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Anyway since when did lack of respect become grounds for banishment? It's not in the rules and it doesn't seem realistic to claim that "Respecting others is universally expected everywhere and doesn't need to be in the rules" since in some places you have to actually earn respect before you can be disrespected.

Not respecting the mods means going against their word, and that for sure is grounds for banishment. If people don't need to heed the mods, then any online forum will slip into chaos. Respecting other members is a trickier thing, but I'll say one thing: I frequent one forum where there are a few members that genuinely hate each other. In at least 50% of threads they post (and they post a lot), they inevitably began to argue with each other, most of the time out of nothing, in a more or less hateful manner. It's bloody annoying and they all have been banned god knows how many times just for that, when the mods have once again got pissed off by watching it long enough.

Sometimes it's indeed very funny to watch the exchange of disrespectful posts, especially as long as you aren't on the receiving end, but generally speaking I much more prefer a coherent situation where mainly the facts and opinions talk, not any spiteful people behind them. Fortunately this place is like that most of the time, and no small thanks to the mods and admins for that.

Munsu
Sat, 07-07-2007, 03:31 AM

It doesn't concern you.

Anyway since when did lack of respect become grounds for banishment?

Man, you have to nitpick everything do you? If you read carefully, it says the "constant" disrespect and flamming, with more emphasis on the flamming which is actually a rule. And disrespect to a mod, rule or not, should and will not be tolerated.

I think Animeniax generally acts against the grain of the majority of the people here, but I don't pay enough attention to him to know if he's broken any of the rules recently.

Exactly, you aren't the one paying attention. God knows how many posts we've had to edit or delete, or even hold back on warning simply because we were cutting him some slack to give him a chance to participate in a meaningful manner in GW. You don't know how many times we've banned him already... I don't think anyone in the history of GW has been banned more without being banned permanently. Trust me, we've given him too many chances already.

Plus, you really don't have to break a rule for us to ban you. If we figure that your post are detrimental to the community, you'll be gone. And yeah, you can stop second guessing and questioning our decisions, it gets very annoying. We have our own forum where we discuss our decisions extensively, and that is all you need to know on the matter.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Anyway since when did lack of respect become grounds for banishment? It's not in the rules and it doesn't seem realistic to claim that "Respecting others is universally expected everywhere and doesn't need to be in the rules" since in some places you have to actually earn respect before you can be disrespected. I think Animeniax generally acts against the grain of the majority of the people here, but I don't pay enough attention to him to know if he's broken any of the rules recently. However, if he wre banned for good I'd miss the effects his brick wall of stubbornness solicits. It's interesting to see what people will bounce off of it.
If it was about respect of others, a lot of people here, including mods, would be in violation. I've rarely dealt with forum moderators as condescending and arbitrary as the ones on this forum. They're closely followed by the forum "mainstays" or squatters, or the guys with 2000 posts who joined 2 years ago. It's like they're claiming their territory, and trying to keep new people out, so they treat them like shit until they leave.

I will work hard to clean it up so I can stay around and participate in discussing my favorite anime.

Board of Command
Sat, 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll miss you if you're gone.

Munsu
Sat, 07-07-2007, 03:16 PM
If it was about respect of others, a lot of people here, including mods, would be in violation. I've rarely dealt with forum moderators as condescending and arbitrary as the ones on this forum. They're closely followed by the forum "mainstays" or squatters, or the guys with 2000 posts who joined 2 years ago. It's like they're claiming their territory, and trying to keep new people out, so they treat them like shit until they leave.

I will work hard to clean it up so I can stay around and participate in discussing my favorite anime.
Probably true, but you have to worry about yourself and not what others may be doing. You simply do it more frequently and in greater magnitude (if you may call it that). You'd be surprise how much I've fought for you not to be permanent banned, even though the harsher of all the warnings you have has been placed by me, you deserved it though.

So I exhort you to make the best of this "second" chance we've given you and don't make me look bad by actually protecting you from the wrath of some of the other mods, some who are probably pissed with me hehe.

For example, in the Hip Hop thread, you were pretty much trolling... so wisen-up, think before clicking the post botton.

Y
Sat, 07-07-2007, 09:40 PM

The fact that you have apparently been attempting to be the shittiest poster possible to get negative reputation points has nothing to do with your treatment, of course.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-07-2007, 11:35 PM
That was reverse psychology because I seemed to garner neg rep even for good posts. It worked too, I was getting positive reps out of spite where the repper left a comment to the effect that they were trying to keep me from getting to -1000 rep because they didn't like me.

For example, in the Hip Hop thread, you were pretty much trolling... so wisen-up, think before clicking the post botton.
Well a discussion of hip hop can include negative comments right? Besides, I started with a frank discussion of the state of hip hop (it's dying) and helped another user (let Killa-Eyez know J-hiphop is flourishing), and only got messy when SK started messing with me.

Munsu
Sat, 07-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I know, which was what I was defending in our mod discussions when some wanted to ban you for those troll posts. Still the last 2 or 3 posts wasn't an actual discussion, you entered a Hip Hop thread simply to bash it and say how much it sucked without reason, and sadly that's trolling. You really had no business to be in that thread period.

Read up on Internet Trolling, I'm sure that most descriptions of a troll apply to the way you carry yourself in this forum.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

And stop bringing up in your posts when someone should get warned and when someone is breaking the rules and we haven't done anything. There's a report function for a reason. You keep it up and I'll warn you instead... for example "Isn't the above poster breaking x rule? Why isn't he warned? Hey prepare yourself for the mods warning you for posting in the wrong section" Those types of comments are not needed and are annoying. Use the report function, but be sure not to abuse it.

Animeniax
Sun, 07-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Well I thank you for saving my hide then. Like I said though, it was all good until SK started messing with me, then it turned ugly. I dislike hip-hop so much I had to contribute to that thread with my alternative viewpoints.

I don't agree that what I do is trolling, considering the definition comes from wikipedia, and anyone can update that site to fit their needs.

Munsu
Sun, 07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Well if it helps, it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not... for amusement sake, let's say that what is being said is what we consider trolling in this forum. So, keep that in mind when you post. Your posts are under a microscope right now, and I can't assure you that future posts from you will be modded justifiably.

If I were you, I would stick in the anime discussions in the immediate future... stop looking for confrontations with other members (even if it's contrary to your nature), stop the name calling, and stop showing up the mods. If they warn you or do anything against you that you don't agree with either take it quietly or like a man, or simply pm him and ask him for an explanation.

mage
Sun, 07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I don't agree that what I do is trolling, considering the definition comes from wikipedia, and anyone can update that site to fit their needs.
I was a troll way before Wikipedia existed. Your ignorance insults all of the true trolls around the world. You're simply a wannabe and failure of a troll, fuckface.

happy?

Board of Command
Sun, 07-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I used to troll Wikipedia.

complich8
Sun, 07-08-2007, 01:50 AM
From wikipediaing trolls to trolling wikipedia ... man, this thread has it all!

Anyway, yeah, rules being substantially broken? -> report post, don't reply to post. Someone being substantially stupid? reply to post, or ignore. If a particular user is really annoying the crap out of you, add them to your ignore list (click their name, click "view profile", on the profile click the link that says "add to your ignore list"). Ignoring the people that piss you off may be a better answer than letting them piss you off.

You can't ignore staff, though... given that you apparently being oblivious to their suggestions would likely get you banned. Also, you'll still see that the ignored person posted, but what they posted will be hidden, giving you a little more incentive to tune it out.

Board of Command
Mon, 07-09-2007, 02:42 PM
I wish I could ignore the dehumidifier beside me. Thank goodness for noise isolating earphones.