PDA

View Full Version : Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

rgrintz
Fri, 07-06-2007, 07:33 AM
This is the sequel to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=13118

First ep out by Hauu: http://datorrents.com/download.asp?id=23157&name=%5BHauu~%5D.Higurashi.no.Naku.Koro.ni.Kai.01. %28H264.AAC%29.mkv.torrent

first ep out by BSS:
http://www.datorrents.com/download.asp?id=23158&name=%5BBSS%5D%20Higurashi%20no%20Naku%20Koro%20ni %20Kai%2001.avi.torrent

hopefully this is as good as the first season.

Based on the murder-mystery style doujin (amateur created) visual novel series produced by 07th Expansion.

The village of Hinamizawa has a population of 2000. Here, the sounds of cicadas can be heard in the late evening. Though at a first glance the village seems normal, however, here is where lies a horrible secret which the villagers try to keep secret from newcomers. The curse of Oyashiro-sama. Unusual murders have been occuring ever since the dam construction plan. Is it a coincidence or part of a plot taken place.

Board of Command
Fri, 07-06-2007, 04:32 PM
More Higurashi = more Mion/Shion = I LIKE

http://www.yuppiepunk.org/images/borat5.jpg

David75
Fri, 08-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Anyone following this one?

Board of Command
Fri, 08-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah I'm watching this. I'm surprised by the poor showing on this thread, considering this was one of the more popular series last year.

Everon
Tue, 08-14-2007, 12:18 AM
hmm, I actually have to go back and finish the first series. I think I just forgot about the series halfway through.

kooshi
Wed, 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
While the first season was pretty good, I think the problem with the second season is "We've already seen it all in the previous season." I've watched 5 episodes and so far, it feels like it has recycled the first season, even though a lot of the questions have already been answered.
Simply put, I feel that there's no more mystery to this anymore.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-21-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm still catching up on the first season, but I know a lot of people were looking for this.

[LonE]​ Shimamiya​ Eiko -​ Higurashi​ Kai​ OP Single​ -​ Naraku​ no​ Hana​ (FLAC).rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Shimamiya_Eiko_-_Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_Kai_OP_Single_-_Naraku_no_Hana_%5Bw_scans%5D_%28FLAC%29.rar.torre nt)
Lossless format, but it takes all of 3 minutes to convert even on the slowest computers.

EDIT:
mp3 version for the lazy.
[Nipponsei] Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai OP Single - Naraku no Hana [Shimamiya Eiko].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Higurashi%20no%20Naku%20Koro%20n i%20Kai%20OP%20Single%20-%20Naraku%20no%20Hana%20%5BShimamiya%20Eiko%5D.zip .torrent)

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Arise from the dead, poor forgotten thread...

I certainly hope I'm not the only one keeping up to date with Higurashi Kai. The latest arc has revealed so much about so many different facets to the story, including things we thought were settled. What makes the franchise so great is that even the smallest details can change so much, like the truth about the dam murders.

Content up to Episode 16

In the latest episode, we find out that the murder of the dam foreman had absolutely nothing to do with the Sonozaki's. This was something we had always assumed was one of the truths. As it turns out, his murder was all a result of Hinamizawa Syndrome in the dam workers. Oni-Baba and the two other families just took advantage of the situation, and were more than happy to be assumed at fault.

Moreover, we see exactly how far and how evil Takano is to achieving her goal. In the 14th and 15th episodes, we see how terrible her youth was, how endeared she was to her foster father, and why her will has become so strong. He saved her, and now she wants to repay him by making him a "god" through his research. She is brutal, cruel, and uses her ultra-sexy body to seduce and use anyone, in any way she requires. One of the best villains I've seen in some time.

We also have learned exactly who Hanyuu is. We all assumed she was just a ghost that had died long ago, and has some connection with Rika. But it was much more than that. Hanyuu is Oyashiro-sama. The infinite worlds were her attempt to save Rika from the overpowering force of Takano's determination. Takano is crazy enough to compete with a Goddess and her priestess.

Can't wait for the final arc, now that Hanyuu will take some form of active role.

end spoilers for those behind

Xrlderek
Wed, 12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
Checked this out after randomly stumbling upon a character song or something ("Auauau nanodesu"). The way the whole first season was spent telling about different worlds, and then turning it around in the second season and explaining what was going on was great.

A few spoilers from last episode(22):

Just since there are so few posts in the thread, in case most people haven't watched the last ones. I love all the twists in the show, for example everything about Satoshi. I didn't think he'd still be alive. Also, Akasaka's fighting was nice. Punching through the windshield.. nice.
I don't usually like cute characters much, but Hanyuu and Rika are both so undeniably cute I have to like them. My favourite characters so far are Akasaka and Ooishi. Ooishi's voice always sounds great.

Archangel
Thu, 12-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Both Wind and Ayu seem to be releasing the DVD versions, is one clearly better than the other? If i have to choose i prefer image definition to translation quality

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-02-2010, 08:53 AM
I got around to finishing this, and I certainly loved this show.

Contrary to someone's post above, I liked Kai better than the first season of Higurashi. Having everything set in place already, it was less "wtf is all this, and why is it happening", and more "omg, omg OMG".

Kai was more linear in that it told you why certain arcs are happening and how it fits into the whole story. I believe that's what they incorporated into Umineko to keep audiences like me. (It took me 2-3 days to finish H.Kai, while Season 1 took anywhere between 4-6 months.)

I actually teared up at the end of the "Satoko Rescue" arc. I haven't done that in a while.
The emotional thing with that arc was spot on. While I was becoming more and more hopeful as things went on, and we finally saw Satoko rescued, there was a little voice telling me that it can't all go well (thanks to the reminding tittle "Massacre Chapter" ), much like how Rika felt reserved about becoming all-out hopeful.

The final arc was also good in that they pulled off the "nobody gets hurt" scenario without making it sound "too good to be true" or childish, as well as making it impossible to completely hate any character (except the big political bosses, and maybe Satoshi.)

What I found a bit confusing was the Psycho Rena arc. Miyo revealing her research and all to Rena seemed potentially dangerous, as it leaves her and Oishi to question all those crimes (which were mostly Miyo's doing).

As much as I really like Shion and Rena, No. 1 on the block has to go to Rika. Her VA's voice changing was very well done. (and lol at her wish to finally grow taller and have breasts) :o.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I also LOLed at her wish, thinking it was absurd and that she was perfect the way she is, then her adult form appears and I realized that there are exceptions to the rule "the smaller the better."

This time, it is about equal.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I also LOLed at her wish, thinking it was absurd and that she was perfect the way she is, then her adult form appears and I realized that there are exceptions to the rule "the smaller the better."

This time, it is about equal.

Haha, the question of it being "absurd" out of the way, I could only imagine her frustration at having Shion's and Mion's melons bouncing in front of her for the last hundred years.

Her adult form appearing at the very end hinted that she gained the power to cross universes, though it seems like it might be explained in Higurashi Rei (currently on ep3/5)

edit: present for shinta (check out ALL the pics :P)

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10088793